Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

You disagree with my point on Refa and ignore my other comments, and find I lack conviction on PAGE THREE ARE YOU SERIOUS THO

It's not disagreeing with you which is what I find scummy it's the way in which you kept your vote for such a weak reason which I find scummy.

This is not the kind of topic which requires you to see a lot of to get a solid read, this is teh kind of topci you see once, think about it a bit, and then make your mind up on. Well, that's what those with the town do anyway.

@eclipse can you respond to my #245? (Think it was around there. My big post)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been tryign to get that through for an hour lol.

but does so by saying that she's encouraging GB to use meta and then strawmans it by taking it to a conceptual extreme.

What conceptional extreme?

kirsche then says to eclipse that he doesn't understand why meta is a bad thing?

Meta isn't a bad thing, but if you try to excuse yourself by saying "oh this is how I normally act" then that's bad and scummy.

kirsche never really comments on Boron's positions, just her tone. Particularly after the initial comment to PB that there was nothing "glaring" in Boron's content, (which I said I was dropping, but seems relevant again) this complete focus on her tone seems like an excuse to scumread her.

Someone's tone is just as important as their position.

If you suspect Boron because you think she is defending herself too much then why not question her about reads or something? Saying someone is being too defensive on its own is a trap because just about any response to it is automatically bad by virtue of being a response.

Her reads are ok, but how she is acting isn't.

Being defensive isn't the problem: being overly defensive IS. There's a difference between defending oneself and being touchy.

Anyway It's time you outed everything on your mind because

##Königin der Nacht: Strege

"Come at me bro" is a clear underestimation of my role btw ;/;/;/;/

Since there's no point in hiding it now, I'm Rikka Takanashi, my role (which should be obvious at this point) is based off of my 8th grader syndrome, and I merely have to post an anime-style attack name to activate it.

I just read through pretty much everyone's ISOs. Things that I noted:

bearclaw: He did quite a few things in his later-D1 posts and D2 posts that I'm not happy about. I recall making a response to his list post asking him to elaborate on his point about Strege ("how is Strege's vote on Refa bad, but not scummy bad"), which he didn't respond to. I don't think he ever answered SB after making this post either. It also bothers me that when I first asked if people wanted me to claim he said "SB should claim first but I'd rather not have you claim unless his reasoning is good", then after SB outed his results I asked if people wanted me to actually full claim and he said "it would be nice". Coupled with his asking Elieson to out who he tried to target on D2, it feels like role fishing. I mean, I know I volunteered to claim but I only did it because I thought there was an actual role conflict between SB and me. "Just wondering" is a pretty bad reason for wanting someone to out role info like that. I acknowledge that he had read Proto as scummy before Paperblade rotated the votals, but too much role stuff when it came to SB.

Kay: I actually don't have a problem with Kay from what she has posted, although I don't completely agree with her case on SB. At the least, I'd be interested in hearing how she's scum reading SB now and what her current scum reads are.

kirsche: While I don't agree with the initial reason that he voted for Strege (and was apparently misremembering a game that did not exist) I do think kirsche had explained his reasons well enough that I'm not reading it as scummy. It bothers me that he went from not finding any problems with my content to suddenly having me as his third scum read over so-called AtE that wasn't even intentional. Is that really all you care about? Townies can get overly defensive and touchy too, and don't even get me started on Schoolteacher mafia.

Everyone after kirsche in the OP coming in a few minutes, my computer is making me paranoid and I don't want to lose this post.

Is that really all you care about? Townies can get overly defensive and touchy too, and don't even get me started on Schoolteacher mafia.

From my personal experience as mafia, touchiness is more common in scum than town.

I didn't play in schoolteacher, nor did I, or plan to, read it.

I forgot to mention I did votals because Prims mentioned he would be gone all day. I dunno when he will be back but just gonna note that

QRv2iIM.gif

Missed it entirely, sorry.

Post in question

Hmmm, other than meta gaming Proto a little I don't see a whole lot of meta. Also I don't really see the problem with meta as an argument, so can you give examples of his uses of meta which are bothering you the most?

I'm gonna grab Strege's post first.

Because BBM hadn't claimed character, so it wasn't "asking what he claimed" but rather "asking what character he was" which /is scummy rolefishing/.

Responding to bits in rough order: Having conviction when you're in over your head intellectually is The Worst Thing -- seriously. I didn't realize that you were connecting my bear and Refa comments to my BBM opinion though, which makes more sense. However, at that point BBM's claim was the only interesting thing occurring so I'm obviously going to look at people's reactions to it for reads. I didn't look for people being too trusting because I honestly thought that super trusting was the norm. I realize this is an awful set of thought processes and yeah I'm that bad at anything glancing on OC.

By Refa's slippery logic I mean the implication that you can not doubt someone and not think that they are scum at the same time, presented in a way that looks to my like grasping to keep an invalid point alive. It doesn't look like your read my complete opinion of Rocker. I thought the presentation of bear's listpost was more telling to me about his alignment than its content, so that's what I mentioned, though I also meant to delete that because sharing townreads 24 hours in is dumb. I have also mentioned other people not named Refa and have a vote down so I don't know what you're asking me to do.

Also, I have not been scumbuddies with BBM where he bussed me, and I tend to think of him as pretty methodical scum in his way. Heck, he was even a wet blanket about me bussing him for funsies in Drafters (which was admittedly the better play). Going though old games I realized that you were convinced of BBM and I being scumbuddies starting early in Musical Chairs (my last game) when neither of us were scum because we sort of attacked attacks on each other. I guess it's just sort of a thing we do as a result of being friends, and while I can't toss of your arguments on these meta grounds I would ask that you consider the history here.

I was going to reread Proto now but I literally don't have time after responding to this. I will dig through email notifications on the subway and post something later.

First sentence/paragraph: Not relevant to my suspicion.

Second sentence/paragraph: That's self-meta, and does very little for the game.

Third sentence/paragraph: Just A Response, with something about sharing townreads.

Fourth sentence/paragraph: What the hell does this have to do with the game?

Is this really worse than saying a lot but not scumhunting like Strege and Refa? Who's trying to find scum more?

If I started voting people for having more than seven letters in their name, would that count as scumhunting? If my method of finding scum was irrelevant (at best), then I don't think it qualifies as a legitimate effort to scumhunt. I also don't get why you wanted me to elaborate on this when you yourself seem to admit to Strege's lack of scumhunting. Refa mentioned that he'd do reads here, which was why I wasn't too concerned about it at the time.

Where the heck is Shinori?

speaking of votals

Votals 2.idontknow

Objection (3) - BBM, Paperblade, SB

Bearclaw (3) - Refa, j00, Elieson

Shinori (2) - Bluedoom, eclipse

Strege (2) - kirsche, kirsche

SB (1) - Reinfleche

Kirsche (1) - Strege

Not Voting (8): Grassbridger, Bearclaw, Kay, NekoRex, Objection, Rocker64, Boron, Shinori

mite b wrong, don't know

Edited by Manix

I forgot to mention I did votals because Prims mentioned he would be gone all day. I dunno when he will be back but just gonna note that

Ok, that's fine, not like I can take this back now regardless.

Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow for the epic conclusion of "kirsche: the scum hunter pro"

That was in a quote, eclipse.

@PB I was never targetted with a double vote. I'm pretty sure he's scum anyway, he tried to early hammer Proto by targetting Boron when that had no benefit to town.

Where is Strege seriously, he was here 15 minutes before I outed my role, didn't expect him to disappear in that time.

If he's town and doesn't get here before prims does I'll be mad.

Where is Strege seriously, he was here 15 minutes before I outed my role, didn't expect him to disappear in that time.

If he's town and doesn't get here before prims does I'll be mad.

Doing lab prep until I know if I'm actually dead or not (assuming dead). Posting after hammer / when dead is bad form dont u know.

Also #yolo