One-Shot Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

charlie_

Sorry I'm reading but have something else going on atm. Wanted to ##Unvote ##Vote: Euklyd because I still feel better about this tbh. I don't get why he seems so hesitant to vote anyone/keep his vote on anyone for too long. I'm seeing a lot of back and forth between his reads on Poly and Eclipse and that quick vote/unvote I didn't like either, especially since his Eclipse vote was a votepark to get an explanation out of her? And yet he says he's "leaning her" even though he stated he liked the response he got from her. Ehhh.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mkay.

And I didn't remove my vote from Eury because there's still plenty of time and I haven't even seen her post beyond the first one she made. and maybe because I forgot as well

^ This is true. I'm afraid League of Legends and WoW and family life kinda ate up some time, sorry.

Euklyd: Unsure about him. His replies earlier (#67 and 69) reasonable enough, but one of his later posts (#88) left a weird gut feeling.

eclipse, you have yet to address the part where neither BBM nor myself see what your argument consists of, and seem content to poke at me instead. If you don't like what BBM is doing, why aren't you trying to convince other people he's scummy?

Not sure if it was his means of redirecting attention elsewhere as to avoid more scrutiny or something else.

BBM: Not having the best reaction/read to him- leaning untrustworthy/scum, but still unclear. The scrutiny of Poly's posts was apparent, and I had the weird feeling he was trying to dig a little too hard for something a little too small.

Poly: His reactions to Objection were questionable, imo, but drawing from the other game I played with him, he likewise said/did things that were highly questionable. So, though he's tugging at some gut 'scummy' feels, it's not enough for me to justify putting my vote down for him.

Trollstool: Seems to let off a weird feeling- Posts #43 and #51 seems quite random, given the start of the game (it's not uncommon for people to not post often/pass by the thread and not post much?), as well as the post/quote below-

(that last sentence was a joke btw :P)

I will do that soon. Alls I'm seeing is people picking fights and making other little snipes. I dunno who to focus on as of yet, ya?

In one hand, it seems to be like you're scum-hunting, but yet I find it rather... odd. Like you're sitting back and waiting to get the jump on one particular individual to focus on, as opposed to keeping track of all the others here as well.

eclipse: Seems a bit sharp/snarky with some of his comments/replies (as in #81 and 94), but seems to have a more townie feel to him- seems to be pushing for more progress in the thread as well.

The Best SK: Leaning more townie than scum so far- though seems a bit intent on Euklyd

Refa: Likewise leaning more townie than scum for now.

*As a result from my thoughts/gut feels thus far:

Euklyd/BBM > Poly > Troolstool > Everyone else so far.

##Unvote

##Vote BBM

*Reason for my vote on BBM over Euklyd? Watching the voting as it's gone so far, my gut instinct is telling me to avoid furthering any hype/possible wagon voting for now. Both are high on my list, but I'd rather risk keeping Euklyd around for another day/night than BBM atm.

Not going to apologize for finding people scummy.

And you sidestepped the question again. >_>

By "people" you mean "most of the active playerbase".

Go read why I voted you.

Eurykins: I was fine with what you posted until this:

*Reason for my vote on BBM over Euklyd? Watching the voting as it's gone so far, my gut instinct is telling me to avoid furthering any hype/possible wagon voting for now. Both are high on my list, but I'd rather risk keeping Euklyd around for another day/night than BBM atm.

Why NOT wagon?

Why NOT wagon?

I don't feel like the Euklyd wagon deserves another shove at this point. I'm wary of him, sure, but (as stated above), I would rather wagon and remove BBM before Euklyd is hammered.

All right, fair enough.

Second, non-related note: Check the genders of the people you're responding to. Not a huge thing, but will save you some headache in future games.

I kind of have the opposite issue (also reason for why I've mostly been pushing only Euklyd/Poly): I already have more townreads than scumreads, which is kind of weird. I mean it's early so that'll probably change soon but atm I don't have very many issues with other people. The BBM/Eclipse volley is interesting but doesn't mean much until people start flipping. (And I'll admit I haven't done close reading yet because I've been occupied.)

ONE thing though is BBM called Eclipse out for not liking Trollstool's statement earlier, which bugged me a little. I didn't find that unusual for Eclipse to do since she does that often and has done it with me too--and honestly I didn't like it either but I didn't think it was enough of a reason for a vote on my end. Also Refa meta'ing people off of himself but that's something I never like really.

**sidenote: my gender isn't specified but I prefer they/them or male pronouns if the former gets too confusing or you forget. Thank you!

--and honestly I didn't like it either but I didn't think it was enough of a reason for a vote on my end.

whoops this is kinda vague--"I didn't like it" was referring to Stool's statement here, and not to Eclipse's Stool vote.

Votals 1.2

(2) Objection: Refa, Polydeuces

(2) BBM: eclipse, BBM

(2) Euklyd: Shinori, Bizz

(1) eclipse: scorri

(1) Refa: Objection

(1) Polydeuces: BBM

(1) Shinori: Trollstool

(2) Not Voting: Baldrick, Euklyd

You have roughly 39 hours to decide on a lynch.

Baldrick said he would be away in Prims' thread so I'm not too fussed about his activity right now.

I know I am not in this game or anything, but I must say that the votals have errors

I think BBM was voting Poly

and I think Eurykins should be in the name list (voting BBM)

I am not really sure what all the errors are, but you should look into it again

SB you're so bad

Votals 1.2.1

BBM (2): eclipse, Eurykins

Objection (2): Refa, Polydeuces

Euklyd (2): Shinori, The Best SK

Refa (1): Objection

eclipse (1): scorri

Polydeuces (1): BBM

Shinori (1): Princess Trollstool

Not Voting (2): Euklyd, Baldrick

These are right, I powerskimmed the entire thread.

Edited by Manix

Why does it matter how many votes are on you?

'Twas a joke o serious anti-RVS one.

Just asking to see how serious you were.

BBM, what was so satisfactory about this response that you dropped all suspicions on Objection? Especially considering-

@Refa- well, the idea is that scum are more afraid of being voted than town, and are therefore more likely to care about votes than town are, even if they are RVS.

That you stated this. Surely if you believed this, it would be possible that Objection was lying to cover up his mistake?

@Marshmallow: Shinori over Baldrick because Shinori just voted and dipped, Baldrick has done absolutely nothing so I am assuming he hasn't been on yet.

I didn't really notice this before, but I believe this is a fair point.

@Eclipse- you can make jokes after RVS. And even if he was[/i being serious, which I doubt, whenever a new player makes that sort of OMGUS statement, they're more likely town, because they have the misconception that people who vote for them are scum. Where's the scum intent in it? It's shitty reasoning, and you still haven't said why you're "not sold" on Poly.

I agree with this as well, not really seeing any scum intent in the content of Princess Troll's last posts. However, her lack of reads bothers me...

I don't like Poly's reasoning, but I don't see a great reason to move my vote at this moment either. If this was near Phase End I'd probably vote there, but this point we have plenty of time, no?

Poly isn't striking me as super scummy, even though I'm leaning scum on him.

Why did you keep your RVS vote (at this time) over voting Polydeuces?

@Refa- I don't like Polydeuces's posts and I think he's suspicious. So I'm going to try to get other people to agree with me. That being said, when I asked you for your opinions on Poly, it was more because you were commenting on the exchange between us without really giving a solid opinion on it.

Fair enough.

So is that you saying that you find Objection scummy? I don't remember you actually saying much about him. Or is it you saying that you don't really have a scumread on anyone?

At the time, no. Objection was just a null read that I found to be slightly scummier than you and Polydeuces (mostly due to his activity, or lack thereof, rather than his early game complaint).

Also, this tells me that you don't have enough confidence in your case to let it stand on its own. If my case is good, then I shouldn't have to persuade others to join me (unless it's five minutes to hammer or something).

Surely town would have more reason to lack confidence than scum?

If you think I'm scum, then why aren't you voting me? ;/

This bothers me (not Eclipse's post, Euklyd's reasoning), but I feel like scum would stick with the vote rather than quickly retract it immediately after.

Something about this statement...just bothers me. Town doesn't need to worry about who it's keeping alive, only who it wants to lynch. Semantical issues aside, what's wrong with not lynching BBM?

OK, replies out of the way, more to come...in the next post!

Best way to respond to a "hard" vote IMO is as much of a response as possible to the vote itself, followed by scumhunting elsewhere.

I feel that you're nitpicking Poly for a case (the overall logic is consistent, even if you don't agree with it; you're missing responses), and are handwaving my reasons for keeping my vote where it was. Newbie card isn't a good reason to disregard anything.

. . .come to think of it, I don't like how one person gets all the nitpicky attention and another person gets by with "newbie" excuse.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

The bolded is what I'm referring to. You say I'm scummy for handwaving your case with the newbie card. First off, I wasn't doing this. And second off, if, as you say several times, your case against Trollstool isn't all that strong, why is it even suspicious for me to say that it's weak? There's also no scum intent in handwaving a case against one person and being super nitpicky against another person, unless the first person is scum. So unless your intent is to argue that Trollstool and I are scumbuddies 36 hours in, this case is BS.

Refa awake so late.

I thought it was a joke when Objection made that first post, but I wasn't entirely sure and nothing else was happening. It's possible that Objection was lying about it just being a joke later, but nothing really indicates to me one way or the other that he was, and since he hasn't posted anything since then, he's a nullread.

Refa awake so late.

I thought it was a joke when Objection made that first post, but I wasn't entirely sure and nothing else was happening. It's possible that Objection was lying about it just being a joke later, but nothing really indicates to me one way or the other that he was, and since he hasn't posted anything since then, he's a nullread.

BBM awake so early!

Anyways, your logic makes sense, so dropping it.

Probably Maybe Town
Eurykins- Her wall of text was good, the only thing that bothered me was her reasoning that I quoted above.
Bizz- If there's an SK, she's probably SK though I don't really agree with her reasoning regarding Euklyd, but it is logically sound, so whatever. Everything else looks townie to me, blablabla.

Dumb (no offense) Town

Euklyd- I don't like how he's so self conscious. Not voting for Poly over his RVS vote is silly. His unvote on Eclipse while still finding her scummy is bad. So why do I think he's town? Simple, because some of these things are completely counterproductive for scum to do. Why wouldn't he vote for Polydeuces? Unvoting Eclipse right after voting her would be silly, especially considering he still stated to finding her scummy.

Princess Trollstool- Hasn't done anything particularly helpful to town, but that could be because newb!town as much as it could be because he's scum. Reason that he's here is more because of a gut read rather than anything else.

My Null Reads Generally Have More Scum Than My Scum Reads

BBM- I can honestly read a lot of his arguments from both a scum and town angle, so leaving him here for now.

Eclipse- Eclipse is moreso here because I'm having a hard time reading her than because she's done anything that I feel has town/scum intent.

Looks Scummy From Where I'm Sitting

Polydeuces- His past votes and explanations were rather dubious at best, and his lack of actions make me feel worse about him.

Objection- He's exhibited similar scummy behavior to what he's done in Musical Chairs, but I'm not finding his actions scummy. This...bothers me.

Please Post More

Shinori- I think the arguments that you have made so far are fine, but reading you will be hard when you're comparatively lacking in content.

scorri- I've even seen you on the thread, do something!

Baldrick- Well, apparently you're busy irl, but yeah, would like to see content from you whenever possible.

I probably need to look deeper at my null reads, because my case on Objection isn't particularly strong atm.

Sorry guys, not gonna be around for most of the day today. Was trying to get something useful in before my absence but I couldn't seem to find the wording for it. I'll definitely be back before this day is over.

Something about this statement...just bothers me. Town doesn't need to worry about who it's keeping alive, only who it wants to lynch. Semantical issues aside, what's wrong with not lynching BBM?

In a way, I disagree on the bolded statement- yes, town's prioirties are on the lynchings, but at the same time we cannot be careless and end up mislynching people either. Lowering townie numbers leaves us more vulerable to Mafia victories, so in that sense, I'd say townies still need to remain aware and not go off killing people with little to no reason for doing so (ie. bandwagons n' such).

All I said in my post was that, for me at least, BBM = larger threat than Euklyd is. Thus, I'd rather vote in favor for a BBM lynch than Euklyd. It's true that we could not lynch BBM- in favor of someone else,and by no means is my vote likewise set-in-stone. If someone else sets off my scum gut reads moreso than BBM, then my vote will reflect it.

And my apologies to Eclipse and SK- would edit the wall of text to fix said errors, but obviously, I can't. I'll be sure to avoid the typos and respect the preferences in later posts.

My earlier reads tend to be more accurate than reads I develop later on so that's why I'm sticking to this one atm. I'm reading BBM as town because I think he's been doing more scumhunting than he typically does as scum, and his posts just sit well with me in general (besides poking at Eclipse for something she usually does). I probably won't make a listpost of users like you guys are doing, sorry.

Also I'm probably going to be gone the rest of the day today, whoops, but I'll be lurking around on my phone.

Refa, I personally don't think you can just right off new players as dumb town.

Not reading anyone as dumb town because they're new, seeing as Euklyd was actually really town in his first game, Eurykins isn't even on there, and Polydeuces is one of my scum reads.

BBM awake so early!

Anyways, your logic makes sense, so dropping it.

Probably Maybe Town
Eurykins- Her wall of text was good, the only thing that bothered me was her reasoning that I quoted above.
Bizz- If there's an SK, she's probably SK though I don't really agree with her reasoning regarding Euklyd, but it is logically sound, so whatever. Everything else looks townie to me, blablabla.

Dumb (no offense) Town

Euklyd- I don't like how he's so self conscious. Not voting for Poly over his RVS vote is silly. His unvote on Eclipse while still finding her scummy is bad. So why do I think he's town? Simple, because some of these things are completely counterproductive for scum to do. Why wouldn't he vote for Polydeuces? Unvoting Eclipse right after voting her would be silly, especially considering he still stated to finding her scummy.

Princess Trollstool- Hasn't done anything particularly helpful to town, but that could be because newb!town as much as it could be because he's scum. Reason that he's here is more because of a gut read rather than anything else.

My Null Reads Generally Have More Scum Than My Scum Reads

BBM- I can honestly read a lot of his arguments from both a scum and town angle, so leaving him here for now.

Eclipse- Eclipse is moreso here because I'm having a hard time reading her than because she's done anything that I feel has town/scum intent.

Looks Scummy From Where I'm Sitting

Polydeuces- His past votes and explanations were rather dubious at best, and his lack of actions make me feel worse about him.

Objection- He's exhibited similar scummy behavior to what he's done in Musical Chairs, but I'm not finding his actions scummy. This...bothers me.

I probably need to look deeper at my null reads, because my case on Objection isn't particularly strong atm.

Not counting me and baldrick since you don't really have us labeled.

Your town reads consist of:

Eury - her wall was good which I can get as valid reasoning.

Bizz - Good logic for her vote on euklyd and the rest of her play looks town to you, okay. Could you exagerate a bit on this?

Euklyd - You don't like how he's self concious, you agree that his votes and thoughts on his votes are silly, yet you say he's town because the things he's doing are counter-productive for scum to do. Yet you have him labeled as "Dumb town." What's the difference between dumb town and/or dumb scum?

Princes Toadstool - "Hasn't done anything particularly helpful to town, but that could be because newb!town as much as it could be because he's scum. Reason that he's here is more because of a gut read rather than anything else." Okay, so you say he hasn't done anything really helpful for town and you admit that this could be because he could be both either noob town or scum. Yet you say he'smainly here because of a gut read. So why is he a gut read on dumb town vs dumb scum? Or why isn't he null? Why is your gut read saying he's town?

I honestly can't help but feel that you may be a bit biased here. You have three of the newer players on your town reads of which two are under "Dumb town." for reasonings I don't quite agree with or see as proper. Then both BBM and eclipse who have posted plenty you have no real reads on? Why? They've posted enough for you to feel some sort of read on them.

Now to your scum reads.

Poly - Lack of actions + "Rather dubious" votes and explanations. Okay whatever I can understand that. Nothing to really argue here.

Objection - Similar behavior yet you're not finding his actions scummy? Yet this makes him scum? This confuses me. I have a slight scum read on objection but it's defintely not because his actions aren't scummy. Like I don't quite understand this.

So you have 3 newbies labeled as town, two of which are "Dumb town." Then you have an inactive person labeled as scum, even though his actions aren't scummy to you. Is Objection just another gut read for you?

Bizz - Good logic for her vote on euklyd and the rest of her play looks town to you, okay. Could you exagerate a bit on this?

(I get the feeling you meant 'elaborate' or somethin' of the sort? Or else I'm just misunderstanding the question...?)