One-Shot Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

SB.

The fact that my vote is on Poly even though I've said more about you at this point indicates that I'm still more suspicious of him than I am of you- the consideration is implicit in that I'm not voting you.

Would join Euklyd wagon for consolidation and also because not me over me and also because vibes.

Those votals have two different Eclipse wagons?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's open setup?

Apparently my brain doesn't want to work well lately.

For some reason I was thinking something like this mafia was a combonation of this and that 8 man mafia that we played before this one.

Not to mention the constant amount of random typos I keep typing which aren't really typos but are actually just wrong words when I meant to say other words.

My head hurts I'm going to bed. I'll read more again tomorrow when I'm up.

Hmm... posts and more posts. Not sure what to make of some of the content, though.

Trollstool: The digging on post #137 seemed quite random and out-of-place, all things considered. I find it interesting that, once again, above all others, you choose to focus your sights on Shinori for what seems like a fairly obscure reason. In addition, when asked about why you chose something so random to speak of, you responded with this:

Yeah, everyone else already picked out all the good stuff. :P

i'm just dumb

This comes off as strange to me- it makes it as though you're sitting back and letting people pick apart the pieces/find their own reads, and not offering to dig or come up with your own. Not exactly helpful or productive in furthering the game/thread, nor does it grant us any insight of your own thoughts and reads thus far.

Following that, post #167 (and the voting that happened within) seemed like a sharp turn away from your targetting of Shinori, and the reasoning in #170 (after prompting from eclipse) seems... pretty weak. Like you threw together the easiest reasoning you could find/get to justify your change of voting.

You could be acting as some townsfolk would or it could all be faked. It feels suspicious to me so I'll go with the latter for now.

...Aren't you basically claiming the same thing here? "Could be acting as some townsfolk" would imply that they're acting that way because they're not actually that role. "Or it could all be faked", I'm assuming, is likewise pointing to deceit of not actually being a townsfolk. This reasoning in itself seems rather fishy and as though you're just trying to use 'fillers' in order to validate what you're saying/doing in the thread, instead of having actual gut readings/reasonings for them.

eclipse: I doubt a claim would do us much good in furthering the discussion, in light that it'd probably pose more of a risk than possible gain for the townies. That, and though the discussion seems to be rather... skewed, hopefully it's gathering some speed to further the progress of the game?

Poly: I figure your comment in post #158 was partially based on the other thread/Mafia game that was finished not too long ago, but I can't deny that it seemed really weird/out of place to post that comment. However, remembering your actions/posts in said previous games, this could be another show of that.

Now that I'm here, let me drop a few things.

Trollstool is literally doing nothing. And this

Shinori is so honest. It comes across as, well, disingenuous to me when almost all of your posts contain that word. It might be a trivial thing to pick at you for but it bothers me enough to feel that it warrants a mention.

While I respect your attentiveness, I don't see how using a certain word could change anything....

Also, this

You could be acting as some townsfolk would or it could all be faked. It feels suspicious to me so I'll go with the latter for now.

Dafuq? You're voting BBM for acting like a townie?? I don't get the logic here. I think he's new(?) so let's take a look at other things more 'scummy'.

Don't worry though, practice is all you need.

Refa, mention one game where I'm a VERY active poster. Your meta on my activity is not much of a case that could put me as scum. Also, you're still not consistent.

After checking my case on Polydeuces, I found that he's contributed more than you have.

Not sure why you're comparing Polydeuces contribution to Objection, considering at the time of this post, they were on similar levels.

I'm getting the feeling that you just hate me instead of scumreading me. Try to prove me wrong.

Euklyd- I don't like how he's so self conscious. Not voting for Poly over his RVS vote is silly. His unvote on Eclipse while still finding her scummy is bad. So why do I think he's town? Simple, because some of these things are completely counterproductive for scum to do. Why wouldn't he vote for Polydeuces? Unvoting Eclipse right after voting her would be silly, especially considering he still stated to finding her scummy.

Does it help town? No. Then it's scummy. It's that simple. Also how exactly is his actions counterproductive to scum? Please explain.

Eclipse, don't claim. While it will generate discussion, it has more liabilities than benefits.

Euklyd, if you're going to think about things, it's better to keep your votes on. It's not like eclipse is near to hammer anyway.... Also,

Anyways Poly is acting really weird, and I would be perfectly open to a Poly lynch at this point, although I think eclipse is pinging me slightly more. Actually I'm not even sure anymore. I'd be fine with either.

Care to elaborate? If you're perfectly fine with him getting lynched, you should have a reason, right?

Polydeuces is acting weird, I'm not sure what to say. Where did the sniper come from? Not voting him yet, but that is a bit suspicious.... and weird.

##Unvote

##Vote: Refa

Many loose ends, quite weird play, and very inconsistent with his(?) posts. Verdict: Not Townie

Eh, 1-shot Jailkeeper here.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Euklyd

idk I reread and I don't feel as bad about Poly. I still think the initial stuff I said was true and not nitpicking but the something about the Sniper thing just makes me feel town. Another reason I feel that wasn't a scumslip is because in the HQ when he was talking about his own game, he called Sniper a standard role, so he might actually have assumed the mafia had one, just like many people would assume town had a Doctor or something.

Euklyd lynch I feel is more likely to actually happen and also hit scum. Something about his tone feels different to me than it did in Fakeclaim. I feel like in that game he was a lot more self-sacrificing? It's possible he reduced it, but here I just get the sense he's not looking from "the greater good" perspective that permeated all his posts earlier.

Also Scorri should come and give opinions on stuff and people related to the main wagons. And Baldrick too.

I'll try to phonepost but no promises.

Still null on Trollstool. The not-even-a-case could be newbscum grasping so he won't look scummy, or newbtown grasping so that he won't look scummy, so I don't know what to think. I would assume that if he's newbscum his teammates would be able to give better advice, maybe?

I was thinking this, but newbscum have coasted on the fact that they're new in the past (according to Boron, that's how Shin won his first scum game). Therefore, I think it's possible that Princess Troll is scum, but not likely (surely there are better ways to play the newbie card?).

Trollstool is literally doing nothing.

Literally nothing? While his posts have more than their fair share of fluff, that seems like a harsh exaggeration.

Dafuq? You're voting BBM for acting like a townie?? I don't get the logic here. I think he's new(?) so let's take a look at other things more 'scummy'.

While I don't agree with Trollstool's vote, he certainly isn't voting BBM for acting like a townie. I don't like how you're misrepping his argument.

I'm getting the feeling that you just hate me instead of scumreading me. Try to prove me wrong.

I don't hate you?

Does it help town? No. Then it's scummy. It's that simple. Also how exactly is his actions counterproductive to scum? Please explain.

False, just because an action doesn't help town, doesn't mean you can claim it as scummy. I don't like how one track you're being with this. Additionally, his actions are counterproductive because scum benefits from blending in, and voting Eclipse and then unvoting her, keeping his RVS vote instead of voting for Polydeuces, actions like that would not benefit scum (unless you're assuming that they're scumbuddies, but that's a bit of a stretch at this time).

Honestly, Objection's responses are not making me feel good about him. I would prefer to lynch him, but failing that, Euklyd over BBM. I do agree with BBM's points regarding him (although not sure whether that behavior necessarily means Euklyd is scum, or because he's changed his playstyle after his 1st game, which is something I did myself).

ehhhhh don't do that

also this is kind of a scummy thing to say in general

Uh... yeah I think I went a liiiiiittle overboard with that one. I'll try to do better after I get some rest (hopefully).

I get that you find me scummy, but I'm not really sure where the rest of your reads are at the moment. Would you mind clarifying?

My stuff is in bold and green!

Hmm... posts and more posts. Not sure what to make of some of the content, though.

Trollstool: The digging on post #137 seemed quite random and out-of-place, all things considered. I find it interesting that, once again, above all others, you choose to focus your sights on Shinori for what seems like a fairly obscure reason. In addition, when asked about why you chose something so random to speak of, you responded with this:

You saw my reasoning for focusing on Shinori at first. I was going to switch off of him but then I saw that he used the word 'honestly' and awful lot, kind of like how liars sometimes have to tendency to overcompensate and load their stories with certain words. I did some digging because that didn't sit well with me. To me it's like a stranger saying 'trust me' over and over again. I wouldn't take that person's words at face value, so I'm not gonna let it slip here either.

This comes off as strange to me- it makes it as though you're sitting back and letting people pick apart the pieces/find their own reads, and not offering to dig or come up with your own. Not exactly helpful or productive in furthering the game/thread, nor does it grant us any insight of your own thoughts and reads thus far.

Sorry guys, not gonna be around for most of the day today. Was trying to get something useful in before my absence but I couldn't seem to find the wording for it. I'll definitely be back before this day is over.

Post 116 is the offer (the quote is above this but from the preview it looks like it's not going to come out marked with a time-stamp or my name, hope it's not too confusing). I knew I wasn't being particularly helpful from the very beginning so I said that I'd try to find something upon returning. It's pretty hard to believe that I'd have such a hard time putting my thoughts into words, yeah. I guess it's up to you all to decide, can't really provide proof of it. Hey, I do think I did some digging on Shinori's thing though! Might have dug the hole in the wrong location but it's still digging lol.

Following that, post #167 (and the voting that happened within) seemed like a sharp turn away from your targetting of Shinori, and the reasoning in #170 (after prompting from eclipse) seems... pretty weak. Like you threw together the easiest reasoning you could find/get to justify your change of voting.

My turn away was because of re-reading and discovering that my proof wasn't valid because I didn't read it correctly. The critique of my initial reasoning for staying on Shinori was valid, and with my own reasoning gone, there would be no point in me staying on him. I went to the next person I found suspicious. This is why I'm not actively giving my reasons, my reasoning for people being scummy is weak at this point.

...Aren't you basically claiming the same thing here? "Could be acting as some townsfolk" would imply that they're acting that way because they're not actually that role. "Or it could all be faked", I'm assuming, is likewise pointing to deceit of not actually being a townsfolk. This reasoning in itself seems rather fishy and as though you're just trying to use 'fillers' in order to validate what you're saying/doing in the thread, instead of having actual gut readings/reasonings for them.

Isn't the gut read thinking that he's scum? Usually people are given the benefit of the doubt for being town when they act like town.

eclipse: I doubt a claim would do us much good in furthering the discussion, in light that it'd probably pose more of a risk than possible gain for the townies. That, and though the discussion seems to be rather... skewed, hopefully it's gathering some speed to further the progress of the game?

Poly: I figure your comment in post #158 was partially based on the other thread/Mafia game that was finished not too long ago, but I can't deny that it seemed really weird/out of place to post that comment. However, remembering your actions/posts in said previous games, this could be another show of that.

Now that I'm here, let me drop a few things.

Trollstool is literally doing nothing. And this

While I respect your attentiveness, I don't see how using a certain word could change anything....

Also, this

Refa, mention one game where I'm a VERY active poster. Your meta on my activity is not much of a case that could put me as scum. Also, you're still not consistent.

Eclipse, don't claim. While it will generate discussion, it has more liabilities than benefits.

Euklyd, if you're going to think about things, it's better to keep your votes on. It's not like eclipse is near to hammer anyway.... Also,

Care to elaborate? If you're perfectly fine with him getting lynched, you should have a reason, right?

Polydeuces is acting weird, I'm not sure what to say. Where did the sniper come from? Not voting him yet, but that is a bit suspicious.... and weird.

##Unvote

##Vote: Refa

Many loose ends, quite weird play, and very inconsistent with his(?) posts. Verdict: Not Townie

Trollstool used splash! It did absolutely nothing! Yup, that's me right about now. Oh I do hope I evolve into a Gyarados one day...

Eh, 1-shot Jailkeeper here.

Is there a specific reason why you chose to mention this now? (I'm guessing due to the few hours remaining 'til lynching, but I didn't expect anyone to claim anything regardless.)

*And I just found it strange that he'd claim after eclipse offered to claim to keep the discussion going, followed by Poly's seemingly odd responses to that. That and I was likewise surprised that no one commented on it thus far (I would figure that someone claiming would be something worth pausing over and considering, though closed games makes it a bit more complicated in finding truths vs. lies in claims, especially since there can be duplicate roles in this game, I believe?)

Wow, ok, I currently have no interest in having eclipse lynched and did not even realize I still had my vote on her. Sorry bout that.

##Unvote

As for how I feel about the wagons... Eh? I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other on BBM/Euklyd. My gut reads right now are on Trollstool and Poly. So, I guess for now at least

##Vote:Trollstool

I don't know if I'll be around for phase end or not. If I'm not, I'll stop in before I go and see if I feel like I need to switch my vote, but for now I'm putting it where I think scum is, not on an uncertain read.

Eclipse I didn't like her point about a case standing up on its own. It sounds good in theory, but it's townie to be vocal in your reads, (and scummy to be the reverse) and encouraging people to comment on your case can cause a snowball effect on activity. Her thoughts about claiming are notable, considering the setup, but she says that like every other game so i can't infer too much.

Euklyd stressed to the point of paranoia about his poly read not being "super scummy" despite he was aware we weren't far out of RVS. And I'm not sure why he was hesitant to put a vote down.

Nothing much to say about BBM but I need to ISO all three. For now ##vote: eclipse

My other points of interest are poly, shinori and princess.

Poly's objection to objection is strange. Why is the fact he said he was not serious worse than the initial overreaction?

Shinori's analysis of Refa's reads was iffy, the difference between newbtown and newbscum is clear imo and the order of the reads is justified.

Princess has posts that don't say anything, like 70 and 137 and his self-deprecating tone is rubbing me the wrong way.

I love how people have a meta on me after exactly one game. I can see that I'm not appearing to be posting as "self-sacrificingly" as I was last game, and I have two hypotheses that don't involve how I was feeling IRL for that.

1) Last game my role was pretty anti-town, and so the town lost nothing of use with my lynch, while this game I have something more useful.

2) I'm not spending like an hour or more on each post this time around, editing and re-re-reading and whatnot.

Anyways I'm the town Restorer. I can refill a single shot.

I have class for the next hours or so, so while I should be around for Phase End, I won't be on much earlier than that.

I have class for the next three hours or so, so while I should be around for Phase End, I won't be on much earlier than that.

gah