One-Shot Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

charlie_

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I liked LoLnori better than WoWnori.

I can kind of see the case on Shinori, but idk I was getting a gut townread on him for most of his D1 posts.

DAY 2 STRONG SCUMTEAM GUESS: 3/5 of Objection, Trollstool, Scorri, Poly, Eury

Mostly they are there because I don't think the others are scum.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I have a lot of studying/some HW to be doing, so I won't be active until tomorrow afternoon-ish.

So there was a prostitute role and I didn't get it? AGAIN!?

Gonna scrounge up some stuff now and try to make myself useful

I agree with Huck- there was also a strange thing I noticed going on with Shinori.

He seemed to be almost exclusively targetting Refa's with his reads/opinions (and from what I saw, he wasn't tossing out much else when it came to reads/feelings on other people), and even when Trollstool was poking/prodding at him, he barely gave it another thought. Seemed pretty unusual given his general reactions that I've seen/heard before when people scrutinize him.

Personally, I can't say that I liked SK's vote on Refa either- the fact that it was SOLEY based on Shinori's vote/logic and only freaked out when Euklyd claimed Restorer just felt really off to me. Likewise, BBM's vote switch to Refa seemed pretty ill-timed and untrustworthy.

It's harder to pinpoint who/which bandwagon the scum were trying to avoid though. BBM and Euklyd were the main two for a while, and then Trollstool's happened. And then Refa's snuck in with less than an hour before time ran out, which had bad news written all over it.

Shinori > Trollstool > BBM > SK > Poly > Euklyd

##Vote Shinori

Shinori...

He could have ignored me because he doesn't perceive my opinion of him to be a threat. It seemed people generally agreed it was a pretty trivial thing I prodded him for. BBM also shrugged off my opinion of him because my reasoning was extremely weak. I don't see anything wrong with that portion of it. Him dogging Refa the whole time seems too obvious, why ride him the whole time when it seemed pretty obvious that once he was lunched and revealed as town, scrutiny would fall upon the main accuser? I still don't like the feel of him but I don't really have anything to back it up so, yeah. Leaning to scum but not much evidence.

Eurykins has consistently contributed and doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

Flan...

His jump on Objection was weird. I don't think how often he posts in other threads should count against him. If it's as hard for him as it is for me I can see why he'd go and frolic in FE4 thread instead of posting here (i.e. work) lol. He has been stating Refa was town since the very beginning and I don't know if that's good or bad. Would scum be aware of all other scum (thus meaning whoever they don't know of is town)? He said he may have burned his role last night so there'd be no harm in him claiming if need be. His flip flopping on the claiming and the little show thereafter did strike me as weird I guess. Scummy.

Marshmallow

I don't really have anything on him tbh, just kinda threw a vote on him because I was feeling pressured to do, well, something. Plus now it looks like he has a legitimate claim so... town.

Euklyd...

I like your name but I do not like your vibes, begone scum. But he's claimed restorer (really unsure about what restorer does, would appreciate if he could explain some more...) so yeah, don't die please.

Scorri

Out of sight out of mind. I dunno

Objection

I'm blank on him too.

Bizz

At first I was suspicious of them because of how little suspicion they was garnering for being, well, too town. They've done nothing to set off any alarms even while maintaining a great amount of productivity.

Baldrick

Even after I poked at the people who voted for me with the implication of them getting on me after I said I wasn't gonna be around would be scummy he still voted for me. Him not caring about seeming scummy seems kind of town but it could also be that he thinks that that would be the thought process so he did it anyway to throw us off. This is getting really confusing just thinking about it. Oh yeah, seeing as how he voted for me to be lynched (racist) I'm confused as to why he doesn't have Marshmallow at a higher priority than Shinori. His assumption that I am scum should mean that there IS scum intent there, right (talking about his most recent post)? Unless there's an alternate reason... Don't know what to think

Princess Trollstool

Didn't get prostitute role, gonna die of not being prostitute

Eclipse

Seems town enough I guess

Refa

RIP my fellow kindred prostitute spirit, fingers crossed that I don't follow you soon

I probably repeated what everyone has already said 100 times over but this is what I've got. I hope it makes sense~

Euklyd...

I like your name but I do not like your vibes, begone scum. But he's claimed restorer (really unsure about what restorer does, would appreciate if he could explain some more...) so yeah, don't die please.

Here's Euklyd's post regarding it-

Anyways I'm the town Restorer. I can refill a single shot.

The general idea is probably to refund/re-enable someone's one-shot ability, granting them a second use of it. (At least, that's how I'm understanding it)

Playing 2 games is NOT easy. Regarding Refa's post at me, here you go:

Literally nothing? While his posts have more than their fair share of fluff, that seems like a harsh exaggeration.

Yeah, that was an exaggeration on my part. I'm bad at choosing words, moving on.

While I don't agree with Trollstool's vote, he certainly isn't voting BBM for acting like a townie. I don't like how you're misrepping his argument

I'm not misrepping his argument, I don't understand it. I think that's a difference, although I never got an explanation but whatever.

I don't hate you?

One of the parts that I regret saying, sorry.

False, just because an action doesn't help town, doesn't mean you can claim it as scummy. I don't like how one track you're being with this. Additionally, his actions are counterproductive because scum benefits from blending in, and voting Eclipse and then unvoting her, keeping his RVS vote instead of voting for Polydeuces, actions like that would not benefit scum (unless you're assuming that they're scumbuddies, but that's a bit of a stretch at this time).

Pretty good point, and one of the reasons why I was frustrated when they lynched you. I honestly didn't thought that you would get lynched.

Now then, I'll do a reread and post more reads soon.

@shinori: you didn't really refute refa's points, the only one that was justified was about his princess vote which I think is too nitpicky to mean anything. Who cares if his gut read was town or null? With the flip there's evidence to back up my suspicion.

Recall I did disagree with BBM. I might have made something of it if we had had more time.

@bbm, ok, i'm not unsympathetic it doesn't really change my opinion either.

@poly why were you uncomfortable with voting objection late on day 1?

@Princess like I said, i liked you less than refa. you also left without updating your reads which didn't help your case.

BBM's position says how I feel about him. Unlike objection I have something solid but unlike shinori it depends on an assumed read of someone else.

Do you actually think shinori was dogging refa, or are you going off what eury said? I don't think it was tunnelling, his posts on refa were mostly prompted and they lacked a certain... Focus? It's hard to explain, but basically they weren't saying to me "this is the only person I want to lynch".

@objection are you saying that last point he made neutralised your case on him?

Oh yes, it's ALWAYS best to vote. lol so before I voted without reads and now I give reads and don't vote. I'll try for both next time.

Hmm I don't like Scorri's vote on Refa. At the time she voted, me, Refa, Euklyd, and Trollstool were all tied for 2 votes. She'd been scumreading Trollstool and that was where her vote was. I don't see why she changed to Refa when she had a scumread on one of the wagons.

Oops, missed this. She changed her vote after I implied that her jumping on me at that time would be scum behavior. It could be scum not wanting to look too scummy or town not wanting to look like scum. Bleh, idk

Ugh.

##Vote:Refa

I'm leaving in the next five minutes and probably won't be back before phase end. Out of the two current tying wagons, I think I like the Refa wagon more even if it's just barely. My reads are still a mess, but this is what I've got. Sorry guys, I'll try to exist more tomorrow.

Two current tying wagons. Given that she already said she didn't feel Marshmallow and Euklyd were scum, she must have been talking about Refa and me. Refa wasn't mentioned before in her list of scum reads (Flan and me) but after my last post of that day she went to him. No one wants to look like scum but being insecure enough to do a 180 like that is weird (especially with no reason given).

Flan>Shinori>Scorri

##Vote Flan

I think Flan deserves closer examination than Shinori but that's just me; I can't jump on the Shinori wagon because I don't I have anything solid on him. Scorri is suspicious but I can't really say much until she posts more.

Eurykins:

Thanks for the explanation, that sounds about right I guess. Let's see if Euklyd agrees.

Baldrick:

Yeah, I knew I had to work that day so I should tried harder to get something out before I left. No excuse for that.

No, I do not. I'm trying to reason out why I feel Shinori wouldn't have good cause to do what she belives he's doing.

Him dogging Refa the whole time seems too obvious, why ride him the whole time when it seemed pretty obvious that once he was lunched

lol, lunched. Too bad this prostitute didn't get wined and dined

How did I not catch that typo before

Now that I think about something...

It feels weird that Baldrick (the one who started the Shinori wagon today) would try to passively guide me to a conclusion that could push Shinori into neutral territory instead of firmly into scum. Unless this wagon is a feint started by scum and he wants to make sure I don't vote for Shinori when all of them hop off. This would conflict with how I feel about everyone currently on Shinori's wagon lol so I'm probably just reaching again. I figure there's no harm in putting this thought down even though it's just more of me rambling.

Two current tying wagons. Given that she already said she didn't feel Marshmallow and Euklyd were scum, she must have been talking about Refa and me. Refa wasn't mentioned before in her list of scum reads (Flan and me) but after my last post of that day she went to him. No one wants to look like scum but being insecure enough to do a 180 like that is weird (especially with no reason given).
Euklyd (2): Polydeuces, BBM
BBM (2): eclipse, Princess Trollstool
eclipse (2): Euklyd, Huck Finn
Objection (1): Refa
Refa (3): Objection, The Best SK, Shinori
Princess Trollstool (3): scorri,Eurykins
Not Voting (1): Baldrick

Above are the votals when I voted. Actually, I'd been talking about Euklyd and Refa in that post. I'd gotten confused about who was voting who and thought he had 3 votes. I didn't really consider you a wagon due to the fact that there were only two people on you and I was one of them. Which is why I switched. I found you scummy, but didn't think you were going to get lynched because other people were finding other people more scummy than you, so I switched and then disappeared due to class. Had I been around for phase end, I probably would have switched back to you.
##Vote: Trollstool
Also, I think you're referring to Poly when you vote Flan, but could you please be more clear in the future?

Euklyd (2): Polydeuces, BBM
BBM (2): eclipse, Princess Trollstool
eclipse (2): Euklyd, Huck Finn
Objection (1): Refa
Refa (3): Objection, The Best SK, Shinori
Princess Trollstool (3): scorri,Eurykins
Not Voting (1): Baldrick

Above are the votals when I voted. Actually, I'd been talking about Euklyd and Refa in that post. I'd gotten confused about who was voting who and thought he had 3 votes. I didn't really consider you a wagon due to the fact that there were only two people on you and I was one of them. Which is why I switched. I found you scummy, but didn't think you were going to get lynched because other people were finding other people more scummy than you, so I switched and then disappeared due to class. Had I been around for phase end, I probably would have switched back to you.

##Vote: Trollstool
Also, I think you're referring to Poly when you vote Flan, but could you please be more clear in the future?

Are you quoting those votals or did you add them yourself? Because what you have is contradicting what you're saying.

Oh yeah my mistake, I didn't realize he changed his member title so I can see how that's confusing now lol.

Those were the votals right before I switched my vote*

I think I messed up a number or two, but point was I thought Eukyld and Refa both had three votes. You only had two and I was one of them, didn't see you getting lynched, and so switched to the person I thought had some chance of getting lynched and flipping scum.

Sounds reasonable I guess.

Why vote me now when I have no votes aside from you? If you feel so strongly about me being scum you should probably update your reasoning. Where's the something more real you said you'd attempt to provide in your first post?

Also I don't recall you ever saying why you felt Refa had a greater chance of being scum than Euklyd.

Because we're not an hour or so away from phase end so why should I care how many votes you have on you?

Because you've done very little to change my read on you, you attempted to make people think of the people voting you as scummy without outright committing yourself to the view, you've admitted to voting someone for no reason except you felt you had to vote someone (feeling self-concious about looking scummy is something that scum is more prone to, so they're more likely to cave to things like peer pressure, etc.), your current view on Euklyd is "you're scummy except you're not because of your claimed role so lol"

For the record, there's not anything inherently scummy about you gaining votes after you had said you were going to be gone for the day. If you had gained a giant bandwagon in, say, 15 minutes or something, then it'd be worth looking at the other wagons and the people hopping on your wagon, but there were multiple other factors at work here including the fact that we needed a lynch and the two leading wagons as you were leaving both claimed roles that were undesirable to be lynched.

As for why I thought Refa was more likely to be scum, a lot of it is a gut read on Euklyd. I don't find him especially scummy and out of the two, he'd claimed an extremely useful role that I wasn't interested in seeing lynched D1.

Besides that, I haven't had a lot of time. I have two tests next week, four papers I need to read asap, plus normal homeworks. So no, I haven't gotten a more indepth post about people, but I've been doing my best to keep up with what's going on and hopefully I'll have more time later.

Votals 2.1

(3) Shinori: Baldrick, Eurykins, Bizz
(3) Objection: BBM, Shinori, Polydeuces
(2) Polydeuces: eclipse, Princess Trollstool
(1) Princess Trollstool: scorri
(2) Voteless: Objection, Euklyd
You have 51 and a half hours to decide on a lynch. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to end the phase early.
Tell me if these are wrong.

Because we're not an hour or so away from phase end so why should I care how many votes you have on you?

Because you've done very little to change my read on you, you attempted to make people think of the people voting you as scummy without outright committing yourself to the view, you've admitted to voting someone for no reason except you felt you had to vote someone (feeling self-concious about looking scummy is something that scum is more prone to, so they're more likely to cave to things like peer pressure, etc.), your current view on Euklyd is "you're scummy except you're not because of your claimed role so lol"

For the record, there's not anything inherently scummy about you gaining votes after you had said you were going to be gone for the day. If you had gained a giant bandwagon in, say, 15 minutes or something, then it'd be worth looking at the other wagons and the people hopping on your wagon, but there were multiple other factors at work here including the fact that we needed a lynch and the two leading wagons as you were leaving both claimed roles that were undesirable to be lynched.

As for why I thought Refa was more likely to be scum, a lot of it is a gut read on Euklyd. I don't find him especially scummy and out of the two, he'd claimed an extremely useful role that I wasn't interested in seeing lynched D1.

Besides that, I haven't had a lot of time. I have two tests next week, four papers I need to read asap, plus normal homeworks. So no, I haven't gotten a more indepth post about people, but I've been doing my best to keep up with what's going on and hopefully I'll have more time later.

Mhm, mhm. Makes sense.

@Bold: I did so because I actually had no other reads. I was getting null on everybody because I was viewing their actions under the pretense of them being town and scum (not at the same time, I mean I ran both scenarios of "ok this person is town and they're acting like this because..." and "ok this person is scum and they're acting like this because..."). I have a tendency to over-analyze stuff so I shot down my own reads before I put them down because I felt they were not worth mentioning. And the pressure was due to wanting to be useful but not contributing anything so yeah, I caved and voted dumbly. I've decided now that I'm just gonna drop whatever I think here in hopes of my thoughts contributing stuff. Hitting and missing is better than just idling. [the following is aimed at last sentence of bold] Oh and I apologize for not being clearer, my formatting was that the people who I felt were scum had an ellipsis next to their name. I can't disprove Euklyd's claim but I still want to mention that I have a 'gut read' of him being scummy even though he's not on the list I gave afterward. I'm not understanding the reasoning of the last sentence. Is the logic there that it's scummy to say that you feel someone is scummy but can't do anything to dispute their claimed role?

Gonna be gone for a while, bye all.

Eurykins:

Thanks for the explanation, that sounds about right I guess. Let's see if Euklyd agrees.

Yeah, that is right. I am a single-shot Restorer, or in other words, I can restore a single use of a single person's ability, and I can use this ability only once. I cannot fill abilities beyond a single shot, so if I target someone who has not used their ability nothing happens.

Content coming after I finish a reread. Hopefully that will happen before I need to go to my next class.