Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any other possible uses for the Mine in FE7 (besides the Uber Spear and having an extra Brave Sword)?

Also, I wanted to discuss a tier list for the current FE8 averages meta; something similar to what Hawkeye and I put up for PoR averages in the OP.

There have been a lot of FE8 matches recently so I'd appreciate the input of any and all who were involved in running, playing or watching those games. My own insight can't be enough, so I'm sure I'll be editing this later:

Top Tier

Eirika

Ephraim ↓

Tana

High Tier

Franz

Gilliam ↑

Vanessa

Neimi

Joshua

Forde

Kyle

Amelia

Gerik ↑

Cormag

Mid Tier

Seth

Moulder ↑

Ross ↑

Garcia ↑

Colm

Innes ↑

Marisa ↑

Ewan ↑

Low Tier

Artur ↑

Lute

Natasha

L'Arachel

Dozla ↑

Saleh ↑

Rennac

Duessel

Knoll ↑

Syrene

↑↓ indicates a possible rise in tiering if (limited) stat boosters are allowed. Overall, I don't feel that the advantage of Top tier over High tier is a substantial one; still, these three units seem like the typical averages/no-boosters FE8 team based on our first experiences.

Edited by Espinosa

I think ewan should move up because he's done pretty well in the match he's been used and has good supports. And I don't personally see why Joshua is so high.

Ewan's only good support in pure averages is Amelia, I'd argue, with Ross being underwhelming - Garm as Zerker still gives him only 24 AS, which leaves him vulnerable to so much stuff. And Ewan himself is only good as a support bot - Druid Ewan without Body Rings is stuck at 25 AS, so, while his counter is a hard-hitting one, he's still douled by Eirika, SMs, WKs and all of the potential High tier Garm users, which is more than half of High tier.

However, 25 AS with Excalibur is comparable to Moulder's 26 AS (who is still doubled by Eir/SMs, but only them), so I think Ewan could be placed into Mid tier? He's not entirely unviable.

I suppose Ephraim is in a poorer situation with 24 AS, but I'm not sure how ORKOable Ephraim really is - are the High tier Garm users so willing to start attacking him immediately before his richly supported party starts distributing blows of destruction? I could see Ephraim dropping to High though (or even Top/High tiers getting merged for there not being a big enough difference between the two).

Joshua has 30 AS, good strength and can crit. Supports Gerik.

I feel like L'Arachel could stand to go up in a statboosters meta. MK!L'Arachel with Excalibur hits 26 AS. There are two body rings, and so she can take one to hit 28 AS, and double Ephraim. Speaking of Ephraim, she can support both Ephraim and Eirika. I think the mages (and Marisa) are the only units who really want Body Rings, and she is the only one of them that can create such a solid support triangle.

Excalibur's weight is 13, so L'Arachel has 23 AS with it before any boosters. Besides taking a combination of 3 Speedwings/Body Rings to double Ephraim, she also needs to take more than one Angelic Robe just to avoid a Reginleif OHKO. Not quite worth it tbqh, considering the boosters could be distributed around the others.

Body Rings do seem like one of the more important boosters:

- Eirika can reach 30 AS while attacking with Sieglinde.

- General Amelia can stop being weighed down by Garm, reaching 30 AS. Not bad for a character with 30 luck and 2 good Thunder x Fire supports.

- Vanessa/Tana can fix their AS with Vidofnir.

- Nearly anyone who doesn't want their AS to drop badly when using brave weaponry could use a ring or two if affordable.

- Every Excalibur user wants it.

i'd think that some of these guys would actually go down given the introduction of stat boosters. ephraim, for example, would go down because he loses all of the reginleif OHKOs, and he gains hardly anything from the introduction of stat boosters.

Wouldn't Ephraim counter and OHKO L'Arachel with Reginleif, and such attemp result in a suicide?

he doesn't even need reginleif; he can OHKO with siegmund.

Edited by dondon151

Ephraim's in Top due to his performance against the other Top/High tiers though, isn't he? He's not OHKOing any of these characters, and OHKOing Eirika demands that all of Ephraim's supports are alive while Eirika has crushed/incomplete supports, which is unlikely. He's also one-rounded by Zerker Ross (with a substantial speed investment) if the latter doesn't whiff, though.

I would like to try this out.

Game preference would be FE9 but I could see myself going FE8 or FE7.

I'll take you on bear. And yes I just saw this post. PM me and we'll discuss the game and settings.