Healer Mafia - D6 ends on Dec. 15 at 8:00 PM HST

eclipse

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I have no idea how people think this game was mafsided. I can see complaints about Kaoz's role being unfun or lame, but it definitely wasn't strong.

yea the set-up itself is townsided, especially with the co-drivers being confirmed to eachother. doesn't justify kaoz's role though

i had fun playing at least so whatever. i'd consider manix to have won though.

Considering the setup numbers, didn't he win? Or was he a functional survivor, you know I really don't get his role.

Edited by Refa

Actual numbers: 13/3/1

fix'd that for you

edit: because someone who is intentionally playing against his unknown wincon cannot count as that alignment because it's akin to basically saying "here, you're throwing the game for your faction because I said so"

Edited by Isaac Dian

BBM - Go back to the VERY first post in the Mafia QT. Read what it says.

It says he's the puppet. That doesn't tell us he's mafia-aligned.

Unless you mean the part where it says "Nurse Joy counts as one mafia member" but seeing as Kaoz was also Nurse Joy, we are very obviously going to assume that refers to him and not Manix.

Yeah, it was a fun game in the end for me too even if the end really bummed me.

@Refa- Manix was apparently actually mafia-aligned.

here's how to make the kaoz' role better:

people get full reports on both players linked, clearly distinct from the other

you don't lie about someone's alignment to their face, it's disrespectful to the player

don't give it a silencer because silence sucks donkey balls

Edited by Isaac Dian

STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY ONE MAFIA WIN FROM ME

BUNCHA JERKS ;_;

Didn't you win like Fakeclaim? And maybe other games I forget those.

I lost Fakeclaim because I spent the whole game watching Fairy Tail on Netflix and got lynched D2, lol

I've only won this mafia (and I GUESS Unnamed if you count that even if I got lynched D3).

Kaoz chose Bizz as a puppet because they're really good about not being lynched.

tbh this is close to the worst thing about this setup for me, finding out that one of the roles was not RNG'd. Puppetmaster should've been stuck with a random player IMO. If you wanted to fix Kaoz' role (which I assume it was), fine, but I'm annoyed by him having gotten to choose his puppet.

re D3: people didn't take a step back at looked at what was claimed in the thread. for all scorri had claimed at the time, i figured that grass was probably lying about his action because he didn't claim to have also targeted prims, when bbm/shinori basically got confirms on that instead. like. i couldn't help that the mechanics of the role were screwy, and based around what townreads I had at the time (both shinori/bbm), I could fairly easily make the assumption. remember that I admitted that my result wouldn't get grass lynched sometime during D3, but based on what I just wrote was the logic behind it. no one seemed to acknowledge that in thread at all, which was why I was getting pissy at people.

-But, you didn't take a step back either. First, you said that you had info that I was scum. I don't remember you retracting that--although I can believe that you did; we were posting a ton and I could have missed something (although this also lowers the functional value of the retraction, since others are more likely to miss it too)--but to me the fact that you said that in the first place is not ok. Don't fake a report on someone just because you think they're scummy (actually I think Prims did this too, but at least he was trying to get lynched for Oracle), unless you're doing some reaction test or something and you make it real clear to everyone involved afterward.

-You also claimed that scorri and I were in 1v1 when neither of us agreed with that. We presented several reasonable alternatives, and I said I'd asked the mod (which I had), but you didn't back off on that issue, you continued as if you knew what happened. Scorri and I had the most information about it, and we were both telling you that you were wrong.

-You were also extremely confident in your read on scorri's role, which was contradicted by things she'd said in-thread, plus obvious inferences like saying that there was a 50% chance I had targeted BBM versus prims from her info. Everyone has wrong reads in every game, and that's ok, but there was just so much going on, clearly including role shenanigans, that I think that confidence was unwarranted.

I think the things that frustrated me the most during that debate were

-You claiming a fabricated result that I was scum

-You saying that scorri and I were in a 1v1 when we just weren't. I distinctly remember wanting to self-hammer during that conversation just to stop it, but it wouldn't have because eclipse wasn't there.

For eclipse: can you operationally define "turbolynching" in a way that (1) it's clear why you don't like it and (2) will be solved by reducing day length from 72 hours to 48 hours?

Woo we won

I'm not happy with my performance in this game honestly; I didn't contribute a whole lot in-thread and I sabotaged my own strategy in D3 by basically claiming Cop. I targeted Shin and Elie because Shin was a null read on N1 that wouldn't get lynched without a scum scan if he was mafia; Elieson was leaning scum for me (and several others) and I wanted to solidify a future wagon if he was scum, and clear him if he wasn't.

My N3 target was kirsche for the same reason, but, that didn't matter due to my mistakes. It was a fun game though! I'll try and do better next time, and make sure not to join a game two weeks from exams.

For eclipse: can you operationally define "turbolynching" in a way that (1) it's clear why you don't like it and (2) will be solved by reducing day length from 72 hours to 48 hours?

(guess who was busy with other stuff)

1. I don't like it because it generates way too many short posts in far too little time, and tells me that the town couldn't figure out who to lynch sooner.

2. By reducing the day phase time, I think it'll force people to pay more attention, because a shorter phase means less time to screw around. I felt that the day phases weren't being used wisely - D3 felt like one case that got stretched out far too long, for example.

Eclipse. Was manix told that he was mafia instead of town?

Also thank you for the compliments! You should link mafia chat and graveyard chat for us to see. I'd like to see how kaoz "played".

I'd quite like to see the mafia and graveyard QT's! I'm amazed how I managed to blunder through my shots. I nearly targeted Manix N3 but decided to go for scorri... who died anyway!

I lost Fakeclaim because I spent the whole game watching Fairy Tail on Netflix and got lynched D2, lol

I've only won this mafia (and I GUESS Unnamed if you count that even if I got lynched D3).

Yeah man you don't lose if you get lynched, Town won so you still win :3

@eclipse wrt turbolynching I don't agree that D3 got stretched out too much because by being that length I could have lynched Manix over a false report which would have let me claim courier.

I'm not against well thought out turbolynches.

Yeah man you don't lose if you get lynched, Town won so you still win :3

Eh, I always felt like if you got lynched you didn't have a right to claim victory as town (maf don't matter), but w/e.

Interested parties who want to see the Graveyard and haven't can PM me, and I'll send it through there. I'm not posting it publicly for a reason. I made a mafia QT so everyone else could see what was going on, but the last two survivors felt more comfy with SF PM. Such is life.

Elieson: I think I told this to you privately.