Jeigan Appreciation Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate Marcus in FE7. Does that count?

Yes. Yes, it does.

I disagree. Just as the point of a Jeigan is to be good early game, the point of an Est is to develop quickly given resources. Units with good bases tend not to be Ests since their performance is good from the start but it doesn't preclude them.

Zeiss and Sara would be just as good in 0% growths, I don't really see how they qualify. As for Homeros, he joins way too early to be an Est.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, people are totally underestimating Oifey by comparing him to Jeigan.

Sure, Jeigan himself is my favorite of his archetype, but last I heard it's pretty much impossible to use him in the final chapters.

That isn't the case for Oifey.

Or Seth

Or Titania

Or Frederick

Sure, Jeigan himself is my favorite of his archetype, but last I heard it's pretty much impossible to use him in the final chapters.

Or Seth

Or Titania

Or Frederick

Feed him all the statboosters and he's as usable as anyone else, except maybe on the harder FE11 difficulties (and for those you could always reclass him to Bishop).

Feed him all the statboosters and he's as usable as anyone else, except maybe on the harder FE11 difficulties (and for those you could always reclass him to Bishop).

Oifey doesn't need stat boosters. He kicked ass before reclassing was invented.

In DD, Jeigan is as usable as anyone else because caps are all the same and you can get infinite stat boosters. His endgame is so unlike the other "Jeigans" he's the only one who can be considered a true Jeigan

In SD, Jeigan can still be alright with forged effective weapons. Worse than most other units but perfectly viable.

Pedit: Oifaye would like a Skill Ring and the second Hero Sword in order to make the most of his Critical skill to stay relevant. Not having a Holy Weapon isn't ideal.

Edited by Baldrick

Or Seth

Or Titania

Or Frederick

Jagen in FE1 is better than Oifey in FE4 because of stat caps and how godly statboosters were in FE1.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

The main difference between Oifeys and Jeigans is that usually, Jeigans have illnesses or old age hindering them from fighting well.

Oifeys are perfectly healthy warriors. They are just cursed with moderate growths and prepromotion.

Except in Seth's case, where the injury from Validat is why his growths are bad.

The main difference between Oifeys and Jeigans is that usually, Jeigans have illnesses or old age hindering them from fighting well.

Oifeys are perfectly healthy warriors. They are just cursed with moderate growths and prepromotion.

Except in Seth's case, where the injury from Validat is why his growths are bad.

Seth's growths aren't bad. :|

They're some of the best growths in the game.

He's just bringing up a point about how a lot of people used to (still do) think that Jeigan types have to have bad growths or sucky caps just because they start strong.

I usually don't care about Jeigans and only use them for chipping damage and blocking on Lunatic modes. Oufey, Seth, Sothe and Frederick are the only exceptions.

Seth's growths aren't bad. :|

They're some of the best growths in the game.

A good example of why I find the whole "jeigan" archetype classification a bit useless and misleading. It just makes players think a set of perfectly usable and very good(or broken in Seth's case) units are worse than they actually are or in cases not worth using.