My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia (Game Over)

Elieson

Like I said, I looked through the past games on this page and in 1 or 2 of them he didn't even make an RVS vote. Regardless, that's not really the point. I was disagreeing with the assertion that Prims usually puts more into his RVS votes than other people.

I was agreeing with Prims' points but I really don't see scum claiming mason off of the bat, and voting him is just as likely to get his mason buddy to claim in a panic more than anything else.

Prims is often the lead pusher to get things going early and is the reason I try to make my RVS votes more than just a random whim, whether it's something like just trying to stack votes or trying to exaggerate my early votes a little bit to try and draw reactions. He does put considerably more effort into RVS than the average person (though maybe not in his very first post). See Drafters for an example.

I really don't like Refa's vote at all; he just stated that he agreed with Prims's original points. It's probably a jokevote but there's seriously no reason for one at this point.

Still bugging me that Prims actually questioned me about why I decided to blatantly crumb rather than claim no-nonsense when he spent like half of D1 once going around asking people voting his Mason partner why they were voting confirmed town, and responding to questions like "Are you Masons?" with "Why do you want to know? :):"

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a joke vote, stop misrepping me. :( I agreed with Prims' scumread on you but the whole mason claim and you announcing your mason buddy (which I don't see scum doing so early on if they were fakeclaiming the role) makes me read you as obvious town. Also your point about Prims' overreacting > Kay's overall nothingness when she hadn't even confirmed on the Grand Scale Of Scumminess (man, someone should make that someday).

I thought you were voting him for over justifying his vote, which I see as a towntell.

if im towntelling then why is your vote on me, explain that athetits

##Unvote

##Vote:Refa

BBM, your mason crumb here wasn't really comparable to mine in that game. I said Serela was confirmed town, you just implied you had OC with Proto (and my initial reaction was that you were just joking about being scum).

It's probably a jokevote but there's seriously no reason for one at this point.

why are you making excuses for him

BBM are you sure you're not scum mason.

first off

Unvote

at the momemt, I don't think Prims is scum because of 3 different things he did. ( I will only out them if anyone asks, but they are mainly just meta reasons)

I also don't think his reaction is that weird cause having a mason around means the town is REEEAAALLLLLYYY underpowered or a combination of both an underpowered and overpowered mafia, which is a little hard to grasp (if you know what I mean) which actually adds to Prims being town case.

moving on to the stuff BBM pulled so far, I would rate him as scummy as heck with extreme recklessness, and on top of that, he claimed mason, so I really see no reason to not think he is town. (@Prims, BBM being scummy means he is town)

Refa is somewhat scummy, but seriously, he really has no one to place a vote on

I haven't done anything scummy yet (WOW, I really wonder how that happened?) and the two other actives were trying to put dirt on the other so he just chose to side with the guy who had more town cred

moving on,

since Kevin has been such a bro by asking the same question I have been wondering, Kay having enough to deal with, Proto being cleared (for the time being) and welcoming a guy I have no ideas on too warmly is a bad idea, I will

##Vote: SB

Proto you nerd; when the mod doesn't state who the scumteam is in the qt you're supposed to post in it as soon as you get the link, not leave it alone and make me think my buddy is Kay until I think to check with the mods.

Sorry, my bad. I meant to post it immediately, but I realized I shouldn't touch it until the game starts. I just got back now.

##Vote: Refa

Why are you voting Prims on the same post where you claimed his actions were townish?

##Vote: Mitsuki

Who're you?

That depends on what you understand by identity.

The basics are that I've played mafia on MotK and on Spanish forums, about 10 games. I know BBM, Prims and SB because of MotK.

Also, I'm a girl.

at the momemt, I don't think Prims is scum because of 3 different things he did. ( I will only out them if anyone asks, but they are mainly just meta reasons)

Why wouldn't you out them in the first place?

BTW masons in a 9p game probably points to an otherwise weak town/buff scum.

That's useful to know.

BBM and Proto are probably town, I believe the claim is genuine because I can't see scum thinking about such elaborate and risky ways of messing up with players' reads that early. Prims might be town too, although I still don't know for sure.

##Vote: Refa, sheeping. Not super convinced of it but it's the scummiest thing I see so far.

I'm meeting some friends this afternoon/night (GMT + 01:00) and it will probably be too late to check mafia when I return, so I won't post for a while. I'm still here for a few hours, though.

Blitz's Votals (bound to have mistakes)

(3) Refa : Prims Proto Mitsuki

(1) Kay : Prims

(1) Prims : BBM

(1) Mitsuki : KEvin

(1) SB : Blitz

inactive scums : Kay, SB

so, basically what I am trying to put out there is that SB has enough votes on him, getting him lynched is completely fine with me, just not at the start of ED1, so anyone else wants to incriminate him, do so, without the vote. (Since I have no idea as to what hammer is, I am assuming 5)

@Mitsuki: sf really hates meta and treats it like trash

(plus if I keep 'em, I get to use them in another game)

BBM and Proto are probably town, I believe the claim is genuine because I can't see scum thinking about such elaborate and risky ways of messing up with players' reads that early. Prims might be town too, although I still don't know for sure.

I am being semi serious here, but it isn't beyond Proto and BBM to plan something extremely elaborate, just very unlikely

If you really are a mason then okay, but if later you go "teehee I'm actually neighbor, we were pulling a gambit!!!!!" then you should lynched immediately. No takebacks.

bbm isn't you

Refa switching his vote to Prims after townreading him isn't good, but I don't see why he wouldn't play it off as a jokevote when BBM pretty much gave him the opportunity to do so as scum. Kinda scummy, but Blitz bothers me more.

Refa is somewhat scummy, but seriously, he really has no one to place a vote on

I haven't done anything scummy yet (WOW, I really wonder how that happened?) and the two other actives were trying to put dirt on the other so he just chose to side with the guy who had more town cred

(votes me later in the post)

What I don't like is how this post has Blitz attack Refa and then defends Refa by saying "what else could he have done?". There were other people he could've voted for (see: you voting me) but he chose to go for Prims deliberately so I don't even think this is true.

Can't tell if BBM is harping on Prims for weird play or things with scum intent.

##Vote: Blitz

What I don't like is how this post has Blitz attack Refa and then defends Refa by saying "what else could he have done?". There were other people he could've voted for (see: you voting me) but he chose to go for Prims deliberately so I don't even think this is true.

what Refa did was undoubtedly scummy, and I knew people would just jump on him as soon as they saw those posts and the game would move into a one track Refa attack, but what I meant to say in that post is that Refa might have a reaon to go after a Prims vote cause he had nothing else to do.

The reason I still think Refa's only option left was to vote Prims is because (IMO) to him it seemed like RVS had ended and that he had to pick a side. I voted you cause I wanted to prolong the RVS phase instead of a "hit Refa with everything you got cause he voted for Prims for following BBM". In the heat of the moment, people hardly consider their options.

My bottom line is that Refa is neutral to me, he might or might not be scum, but his post scummy post isn't a good enough reason for everyone to stake him instantly.

so, SB, instead of stating what BBM thinks of Prims, why not tell us what you think of him?

Why is prolonging RVS good for town? He could've just said he didn't think Prims was scummy. And yes, one post might not be enough to drive a lynch, but at this point it's perfectly acceptable. It's not like we were going to literally get him lynched several hours into the game or anything.

Don't think Prims is townie or scummy right now.

Why is prolonging RVS good for town? He could've just said he didn't think Prims was scummy. And yes, one post might not be enough to drive a lynch, but at this point it's perfectly acceptable. It's not like we were going to literally get him lynched several hours into the game or anything.

well, (IMO) it seemed like Refa's post was literally bad enough to get everyone to gang bang him. Since hardly anything had happened with the other people around here, the end result to me seemed like a Refa lynch (or maybe a role claim and we might back off, which could waste most of the day with no real content for a secondary lynch) with a lot of people not really contributing and saying stuff like "Refa was terrible" or "I think I can support a Refa lynch". If Refa turned out scum, it would be a great thing, even with the lack of discussion, but if not, we would be back to square one on D2 or should I say move two squares behind one cause we would lose 2 people in the process with nothing to go on.

Prolonging RVS would get more silly things to turn into big things instead of just one topic to go off on IMO

Well, maybe Refa thought Prims was slightly scummy but didn't know why he thought so?

but I think the real reason is that because of the heat of the moment, it was getting really exciting in the game for the 4 of us at that time (at least I thought so, then again, I haven't been having exciting mafia games for a while) and at that time, attacking someone seems like the only possible option for most people.

It was never going to end up as Refa being the only thing that people talked about. Something else always manages to happen and then things spark off from there. Plus stronger votes would spark off from responses to Refa than out of RVS votes, imo. Refa outright stated that Prims felt townie to him, iirc, so why would he think that he was scummy?

yeah, true, like how we are talking about something else, but at the moment, there really is nothing else anyone is talking about, seriously guys change that and make some posts

Plus stronger votes would spark off from responses to Refa than out of RVS votes, imo.

I hope this post proves my point

##Vote: Refa, sheeping. Not super convinced of it but it's the scummiest thing I see so far.

I dunno what his exact thought of what he found scummy or not, we have to ask him that (in other words Refa answer this)

but I must say neither is dirt free

btw, gtg to the store with my uncle to buy some charcoal and cucumbers.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Mitsuki

Her vote reads super-opportunistic and by far the weakest of those voting Refa. I don't like what Refa did, but "lol sheeping" with nothing more behind it or why sheeping in that particular case is bad is a weak reason for a vote. It's also worse because her vote is basically a sheep too, just not announced to be so like Refa's vote. There's also no real reason to be like "not fully convinced of this".

;_; missed that comma though I'll let Mitsuki explain. Her post is still pretty shallow though.

Blitz's posts about Refa are kinda bad- they alternate between defending him and talking about his actions are scummy, which I find suspicious considering he had a little bit questioning me earlier about doing the same with Prims. He does something similar about me too, where he calls me really reckless and scummy (how is being reckless scummy?) but then says I'm town because Mason claim. At the same time I'm not sure he'd say "wow I can't believe I haven't done anything scummy yet" if he were actually scum. >_>

I don't think Blitz's spiel about Refa was scummy since he wasn't actually voting Refa.

I also don't like SB taking the position that Blitz should be voting Refa when SB himself does not seem convinced of Refa's scumminess.

This whole scenario seems like "damned if you do, damned if you don't" since if Blitz had voted Refa you could just argue he's scummy for sheeping.

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

Also unimpressed by Mitsuki's post.

At the same time I'm not sure he'd say "wow I can't believe I haven't done anything scummy yet" if he were actually scum. >_>

This doesn't mean anything.

I think Blitz looks fine for ED1 but I wish he'd make it more clear if he thinks SB is scum right now or not.

Cut: I never said Blitz should've voted Refa, and sheeping isn't that bad ED1 imo even if he did do it, but I thought the stance he took was bad. Also I do think Refa is scummy for that post but I wasn't really sure if it was actually scummy or bad townie play. Probably was overthinking it though.

Nah, I was just joking lol. I was the one who wanted to see it because Darros told me too. Also it was great! Making a post now, prod me if I don't get out in a few hours.

BTW, I'm straight.

@Prims

-Not every action that scum takes gives off scum vibes, jabroni. I thought that BBM's point was stronger than my town tell hence the vote.

-BBM would have to be scum mason with Proto, so why would he make excuses for me? Do you think we're both his scum buddies?

@Blitz

-I don't get your read on BBM, you say he's scummy...which means he's town? Can you explain your thought process on this one?

@Mitsuki

-Don't like her vote on me, although its because it's on me AKA the best person evar.

@SB

-Not really bothered by Blitz's points tbh. Like I get why other people might be, but FMPOV I see no reason for him to defend me as scum when he could just vote me and enable an early mislynch (although whoever did that would look super scummy).

That depends on what you understand by identity.

The basics are that I've played mafia on MotK and on Spanish forums, about 10 games. I know BBM, Prims and SB because of MotK.

Also, I'm a girl.

Why wouldn't you out them in the first place?

That's useful to know.

BBM and Proto are probably town, I believe the claim is genuine because I can't see scum thinking about such elaborate and risky ways of messing up with players' reads that early.

Proto would totally do that. BBM is probably, like, one of the top four most-likely-to-pull-crazy-WIFOM-stunts players, too. I'm not considering them to be clear.

I was agreeing with Prims' points but I really don't see scum claiming mason off of the bat, and voting him is just as likely to get his mason buddy to claim in a panic more than anything else.

Right off the bat is basically always when town claim mason, so it's also when scum would claim mason if they were going to. If scum claimed mason later to get out of a lynch or something, they'd get caught since town would have done it asap.

Also, what do you mean by the second part? I don't see any point discussing this as a hypothetical, and both Proto and BBM have claimed openly.

This seems overjustified given the quip about Refa; like BBM was worried people would get on his case for that. Could've just said "you usually put more thought into your RVS votes than this".

Well, it's pretty predictable that someone might ask "why isn't it suspicious that Refa voted Kay?" I don't think preemptively addressing it was suspicious.

In the heat of the moment, people hardly consider their options.

My bottom line is that Refa is neutral to me, he might or might not be scum, but his post scummy post isn't a good enough reason for everyone to stake him instantly.

idk about that

If you admit it was scummy, is he really neutral, or just not so scummy that you want him turbolynched?

-BBM would have to be scum mason with Proto, so why would he make excuses for me? Do you think we're both his scum buddies?

@Mitsuki

-Don't like her vote on me, although its because it's on me AKA the best person evar.

@SB

-Not really bothered by Blitz's points tbh. Like I get why other people might be, but FMPOV I see no reason for him to defend me as scum when he could just vote me and enable an early mislynch (although whoever did that would look super scummy).

Mafia defend townies all the time. Because it gives them something to say, potentially some towncred, and they don't even have to make their buddies look bad to say something true.

Is there an actual reason you don't like it, or are you just padding your post by stating that you don't like people voting for you?

You seem to be under some impression that mafia are constantly gunning for townies, and will never defend them. This is not correct at all. Also, you just said he had no reason to defend you. You stated yourself what it was. That advocating your lynch would be super scummy if you flipped town.

It's not a joke vote, stop misrepping me. :( I agreed with Prims' scumread on you but the whole mason claim and you announcing your mason buddy (which I don't see scum doing so early on if they were fakeclaiming the role) makes me read you as obvious town. Also your point about Prims' overreacting > Kay's overall nothingness when she hadn't even confirmed on the Grand Scale Of Scumminess (man, someone should make that someday).

Soooo, I assume what you mean here is you agree with the logic Prims used, and consider him to be being reasonable, but you disagree that BBM is scummy? And can you quote the specific point about Prims overreacting that you're referring to? btw townies aren't always right, BBM being obvtown in your view just means he's not going to be trying to mislead you. Don't ignore your own reads.

Why are you voting Prims on the same post where you claimed his actions were townish?

He stated the basics of it already, is there anything else in particular that you want from him?

BBM and Proto are scummy imo (in a scummy kind of way, not Blitzy's BBM's-town-meta-is-scumminess or whatever way), but I highly doubt a D1 mason lynch is gonna happen, may as well poke someone else. Blitzy is null, Refa is scummy as well but he's got plenty of votes for this early in the phase, although I might switch to him depending on how awful his explanation of his waffling is.

I agree with Mitsuki, Blitzy should out his meta stuff on Prims.

##Vote: Kevin