My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia (Game Over)

Elieson

-Masons really claim right away? When I was mason in a past game I didn't claim until D4 (although it as also because I was driver).

-I was cut by BBM, hence the not knowing of his mason buddy.

-What are your thoughts on BBM? Half of the time you defend him and the other half you're saying its still possible for him to be scum. Reads as fearmongering to me.

-OK, I get that mafia defends town to look good upon flips, but it would be a lot easier for scum!Blitz to vote me and still look towny.

-I don't like her vote on me because there's not really much I can say about it which bothers me, but like I did the same thing myself which is why I'm inclined to think my dislike is just bias. Would like her to elaborate on the read though since I have posted more since.

-I don't think BBM would claim mason as scum, so Prims points about him, while good, are just a huge null tell because in the end I think BBM is town.

-Cant quote on phone but the overreaction is his first post after BBMs vote on him.

-Already said why I voted Prims. :/

Also why are you voting kirsche over any of your scum reads?

-How did I waffle?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Kay's attitude towards the mason thing bothers me way more than Prims' reaction. I think Blitz did the same thing but already said why I'm less bothered by him as a whole.

##Unvote

##Vote: Kay

Yeah, fite me IRL not on the Internet.

This weekend was REEEAAAALLLLLYYYYY FUUUUUUN~

We had a barbeque party with all my cousins here (excepting the one who couldn't make it because of work) and I ate so much I had to spend an hour in the restroom, lol.

Moving on

Firstly starting off with BBM's points, I thought what Refa did was scummy, but I also thought what he did might have a legit reason for being done, which is what I wanted to point out before everyone decided to send him to the point of no return ED1, meaning he is still neutral to me

He does something similar about me too, where he calls me really reckless and scummy (how is being reckless scummy?) but then says I'm town because Mason claim. At the same time I'm not sure he'd say "wow I can't believe I haven't done anything scummy yet" if he were actually scum. >_>

a very good question indeed, I do not know how reckless could be scummy either.......

okay, bad joke, I called your play scummy and reckless. When you play as scum, you are more cautious and try to look as less scummy as possible, so you were more a town read to begin with, even without the mason claim. (I hope this also answers your question Refa)

I guess I should put more jokes into my posts so that I am townread more often

so, Refa, what do you think of SB and Mitsuki?

now I have to add a new part for my meta on Prims (darn it, I was planning on saving them for some other game and DARN YOU KAY!)

point1: first post claiming to be town: me and Prims had a conversation once about how he never claims to be town when he is actually town. Therefore, him stating it right off the bat on a game where I am playing makes me think he wanted to start with a vote on himself and take the game to a positive direction (which is why I voted him)

point2: picks a fight with BBM so that some discussion can take place instead of branding some random guy as a traitor

point3 stubborn till the end: goes back to voting Kay

@Kay: if BBM hadn't claimed mason, what would your read on him be?

what did you think of Mitsuki's one liner sheep on Refa?

what do you think of Refa?

why is it that you completely ignored SB in your post?

now then, moving on to the last topic I do not want to address (that is addressing Prims' question on SB)

in all honesty, I do not find him to be one of those blood thirsty scumbags who wants to get a quick lynch on me, I felt more like he was one of those, "I am pissed at you for voting me, even if it was an RVS vote and what to get back at you" which is why I think he came after me and decided to continue on because there wasn't really anything else to do excepting stating what he thought about Refa, speaking of which,

@SB: what do you think of Refa?

the reason I didn't want to address this is because I would have to change my vote and I was having fun keeping it on him (since he is still a null tell for me and I wanted to gather his reactions under pressure for a bit longer)

Unvote

##Vote: Kevin

get the heck in here, however, since you were already bugged by Kay

Unvote

##Vote: Mitsuki

give us an update on your thoughts

They're a whole bunch of null for me ATM, which is why I didn't say anything about them. I'd like SB to say if he still finds me scummy though.

Also is it just me or are most of the players scum reading me? :(

He was waffling on me earlier, I want to know what his thoughts are now.

If you want a piece of advice, it is that forget about what people may think of you

I also need to ask you, how many other games have you played before this?

also, about what I think of Kay is what I will think of her after she answer my questions

-Masons really claim right away? When I was mason in a past game I didn't claim until D4 (although it as also because I was driver).

-I was cut by BBM, hence the not knowing of his mason buddy.

-What are your thoughts on BBM? Half of the time you defend him and the other half you're saying its still possible for him to be scum. Reads as fearmongering to me.

-OK, I get that mafia defends town to look good upon flips, but it would be a lot easier for scum!Blitz to vote me and still look towny.

-I don't like her vote on me because there's not really much I can say about it which bothers me, but like I did the same thing myself which is why I'm inclined to think my dislike is just bias. Would like her to elaborate on the read though since I have posted more since.

-I don't think BBM would claim mason as scum, so Prims points about him, while good, are just a huge null tell because in the end I think BBM is town.

-Cant quote on phone but the overreaction is his first post after BBMs vote on him.

-Already said why I voted Prims. :/

Also why are you voting kirsche over any of your scum reads?

-How did I waffle?

Uh, yes. Also, did your buddy claim immediately, or not?

Once he revealed he was crumbing it with the scum claim, it was pretty obvious.

Where did I defend BBM? I mean, I think I might have disagreed with some reasons for being suspicious of him? My thoughts on BBM are, as I stated at the end of my post, that he is scummy. Regarding Blitzy's question, I'd probably consider him a little scummy then as well. Looking back, I don't like how he questioned Prims's reaction to his claim. It's perfectly reasonable to ask why he crumbed something instead of claiming it outright when he supposedly meant for the crumb to be obvious. His reasons for doing it aren't unreasonable either, but I don't like how he seemed to regard it as suspicious for Prims to ask about it.

Fair enough.

I explained the Kirsche vote. Even if I doubt the mason claim, I don't think anyone else will be suspicious enough to want either of them lynched today. You have quite enough votes that people can already consolidate later if no one else ends up being lynched, and you're under plenty of pressure. Voting you does nothing except tie up my vote and possibly pressure a claim. I made my scumreads clear, and my vote wouldn't do much good on any of them.

You waffled with your "I agree with Prims about BBM being scummy, but I agree with BBM more and so I'll sheep on Prims" thing. I see where you're coming from, but you could retroactively try to take credit for whichever opinion was more useful if one of them dies, so it's still an issue of possible scum intent.

@Kay: if BBM hadn't claimed mason, what would your read on him be?

what did you think of Mitsuki's one liner sheep on Refa?

what do you think of Refa?

why is it that you completely ignored SB in your post?

Addressed in my reply to Refa, since he also questioned me about my opinion of BBM.

Seemed reasonable not to rehash things people had already said, and voting him seems justified.

I already said in my first post that he seemed scummy. His overlooking my fairly simple statements about having a scumread on BBM and why I didn't vote for one of my scumreads didn't help, so I see no reason to retract that.

Because he didn't say anything I thought looked dubious or scummy.

btw Blitzy, I doubt Prims or anyone else remembers stuff they've said about their meta that well. I can see trying to contradict his usual meta in general, but I doubt it's specifically because you're playing.

Missed something:

"Where did I defend BBM? I mean, I think I might have disagreed with some reasons for being suspicious of him?" but pointing out flaws in someone else's accusation is not necessarily defense as in "this guy isn't scum".

that would mean finding you scummy is very justified

a townie has no reason to care about what someone specific thinks of her/him because a townie knowing the fact that s/he her/himself is a townie is enough reason to not care. (however, do not be like me and be so damn caring that you get lynched at the start of the game)

You caring about SB's thoughts to you thus makes you suspicious

as to why people thought you scummy after you suddenly went after Prims is because you changed too quickly without an actual reason to do so. (at least not an apparent one) and eventhough I think you had a legit reason to do so, most people IMO will not see it that way

my thought on Kay is that I do not agree with most of her thoughts and most of the stuff she has posted so far, but at least she thought things through from her end, however, there is something I do not like about her and I would like to find out what that is

@Kay, if the masons are scum, I am sure we will find out of them soon enough. Like I already had mentioned in a post yesterday, I did not think it is impossible for Proto to pull stuff like that BUT, BBM is my town read due to meta reasons and thus I am going to believe their claim.

And besides, I am sure we will get more clues as to whether their role is possible or not in the upcoming phases.

Since you brought up the topic of lynches, if it isn't Refa who would you lynch today (just assume that it will be impossible to lynch the mason claims for realistic results)?

I really need to go to sleep now, there is another big day tomorrow and I would like to not be drowsy through it. (I will also probably only be active for a short time in the morning and be active again after coming back at night {GMT -6})

@Kay, if the masons are scum, I am sure we will find out of them soon enough. Like I already had mentioned in a post yesterday, I did not think it is impossible for Proto to pull stuff like that BUT, BBM is my town read due to meta reasons and thus I am going to believe their claim.

And besides, I am sure we will get more clues as to whether their role is possible or not in the upcoming phases.

Since you brought up the topic of lynches, if it isn't Refa who would you lynch today (just assume that it will be impossible to lynch the mason claims for realistic results)?

If people are open to the possibility, and do not rule them out as obvtown. How strong would you say your meta reasons are, and what do you think of BBM besides meta and his claim?

Assuming no one does anything much scummier, Mitsuki or Kevin because my other null reads are at least doing stuff.

I am still okay with a Refa lynch. I really don't like some of his recent points, especially his vote on Kay. All she said about the mason thing is that it wouldn't be unthinkable for Proto and BBM to be scum and pretend to be Masons to destroy the Town while everyone thinks they're cleared. It would make perfect sense, then, to not treat Proto and BBM as cleared Town. I don't get why this bothers Refa enough to make him vote for Kay.

Also, Blitzy actually troubles me quite a bit too. I'm reading his posts, and they all seem to be normal Mafia-like posts, with none of his ridiculous playstyle that pisses the hell out of everyone. In a way, the fact that his posts aren't bothering me is what makes his posts bother me. This is not Blitzy's style and I'm beginning to wonder if he's actually scum, trying to be a little more cautious about being his usual self that often gets him lynched (which would be really bad for the Mafia in a 9-player game).

Mitsuki's vote seemed bad, but several people have pointed that out and I assume she will elaborate more later. Kirsche needs to exist.

People don't generally claim Mason this early but I felt that in this situation, the pros outweighed the cons.

Kirsche and Mitsuki are generally more active than this and Kirsche is done his exams so ??? Gotta go right now; will have more in the evening.

Kirsche and Mitsuki are generally more active than this and Kirsche is done his exams so ??? Gotta go right now; will have more in the evening.

I had a fun afternoon/night with friends, thanks. When I came back home it was like 6:30 am so I went to sleep.

Now I'm here.

I interpreted it as her admitting to sheeping

Exactly. That's what I meant in the first place.

I am being semi serious here, but it isn't beyond Proto and BBM to plan something extremely elaborate, just very unlikely

It's risky as well, which was part of my point. If one of them is lynched because the claim isn't believable the other is confirmed scum, to give an example of what could go wrong. I'm not saying they're confirmed town, anyways.

what Refa did was undoubtedly scummy, and I knew people would just jump on him as soon as they saw those posts and the game would move into a one track Refa attack, but what I meant to say in that post is that Refa might have a reaon to go after a Prims vote cause he had nothing else to do.

Why is the game moving that early on a Refa attack bad? I highly doubt that someone would quickhammer and even if they did that would be a source of information and discussion. Trying to stop discussion just because even if someone did something scummy they can still be town is scummy as it goes against the conditions that should be fullfilled for this game to run properly for town.

Also, defending someone before they say something doesn't move information either as it gives a potentially scum player an explanation for their actions that they can use. It basically invalidates the questioning that was done.

a lot of people not really contributing and saying stuff like "Refa was terrible" or "I think I can support a Refa lynch"

If Blitz thought votes on Refa were bad he could have pointed it out insted of defending him, which is what I'd expect town to do.

And it's not just this sentence, I feel that he's posting a lot but not being helpful overall.

I don't like how Blitz calls Refa somewhat scummy and after that he says that he's neutral. Blitz, what made you change your opinion on how Refa's vote was related to his alignment to thinking the vote was scummy but not the player?

##Vote: Blitz

I'll write more when I'm not hungry.

3 mods and no votals. Unbelievable.

Mitsuki (3) - kirsche, BBM, Blitz

Blitz (2) - SB, Mitsuki

Refa (1) - Proto, Prims, Mitsuki

Kay (1) - Refa, Prims, Refa, BBM, Prims

SB (1) - Prims, Blitz

kirsche (1) - Kay, Blitz

Prims (0) - Blitz, BBM, Refa, BBM

BBM (0) - Prims

If people are open to the possibility, and do not rule them out as obvtown. How strong would you say your meta reasons are, and what do you think of BBM besides meta and his claim?

Assuming no one does anything much scummier, Mitsuki or Kevin because my other null reads are at least doing stuff.

I think BBM's play at least encourages discussion unlike a lot of other people, which reminds me, I would like my other town read to exist more (I meant Prims)

I am still okay with a Refa lynch. I really don't like some of his recent points, especially his vote on Kay. All she said about the mason thing is that it wouldn't be unthinkable for Proto and BBM to be scum and pretend to be Masons to destroy the Town while everyone thinks they're cleared. It would make perfect sense, then, to not treat Proto and BBM as cleared Town. I don't get why this bothers Refa enough to make him vote for Kay.

Refa's posts remind me of a very confused Psych (I know it is an insult to say this for Refa) but that is how I feel about him. His most recent posts directly claim to be scum, which I don't think should happen this early in the game, which makes me not want to lynch him (but the way things are, I think he will be lynched)

Also, Blitzy actually troubles me quite a bit too. I'm reading his posts, and they all seem to be normal Mafia-like posts, with none of his ridiculous playstyle that pisses the hell out of everyone. In a way, the fact that his posts aren't bothering me is what makes his posts bother me. This is not Blitzy's style and I'm beginning to wonder if he's actually scum, trying to be a little more cautious about being his usual self that often gets him lynched (which would be really bad for the Mafia in a 9-player game).

inorite, I feel the same way. If I were meta'ing myself, I would call Blitzy's scum meta, lol.

Anyways, I am just pissed off at getting lynched early every single game, so I decided to change my style to a no info hold back mode.

btw, fun fact, I didn't fail to piss people off, the two people I voted for were bothered enough to place a vote back on me.

@Mitsuki, the point about your blank vote park on Refa still stands and tells us why it is bad to have an early Refa wagon.

isn't pointing out something and not doing anything else just like licking icing off the cake?.

also, because of my own personality, just cause someone is scummy, I do not believe the person is scum. What Refa did was scummy, but I didn't think that big enough reason to throw him on a side

I see no reason to change my votes anywhere else, so my vote stays

I have to go to the invitation now, so won't be around for a while (another fun filled day, here we come!)

Ehhhhh, Blitz's responses are making me think he's a townie imo, something about his posts since I voted him just don't make me think he's scum anymore. I just don't see scum making them, I guess. I don't really get Proto's point against him tbh, its just that Blitz is playing a bit different to how he usually does, which happens over time. Plus, if you think he's playing better than normal (in not getting lynched as much, or being less likely to get lynched I guess) why is that a bad thing?

I don't like Refa's Kay vote, it just looks like he's picking on someone who decided not to blindly go along with the mason claim. Why does that make Kay scummy? She's so explicit about it that you can't even call it fearmongering. She's just expressing an opinion which isn't particularly popular, imo.

Mitsuki, why wouldn't a townie defend someone else from votes they perceive as bad? The thing you quoted isn't even a Refa defense, it's Blitz saying he doesn't like the votes on him as he thought people weren't doing much else. Also your last line is bad too imo, as in the first post you linked he sounded kinda neutral on him in that too, so I don't really think there was a change there at all. Her suspicion on Refa also seems to have vanished in her most recent post, which I don't like either.

##Unvote

##Vote: Refa

Would vote Mitsuki but then she'd be at L-1.

I might post if you stop calling me Kevin.

I find this to be really ridiculous meta. "Blitz's posts are so normal they're scummy" wat. I like meta more than most too but this is just too far. OK his posts might be normal, but do they appear to have actual scummy content in them or are just paranoid that Blitz isn't playing super crazy.

the point about your blank vote park on Refa still stands and tells us why it is bad to have an early Refa wagon.

isn't pointing out something and not doing anything else just like licking icing off the cake?.

Just because she didn't add anything new to the discussion she is putting pressure on someone with her vote and that accomplishes stuff.

also, because of my own personality, just cause someone is scummy, I do not believe the person is scum. What Refa did was scummy, but I didn't think that big enough reason to throw him on a side

It's ok to not be sure that the person is scum from one or two scummy plays but to not chase up someone who's scummy because they might not be scum isn't going to accomplish anything.

I see no reason to change my votes anywhere else, so my vote stays

So you're going to keep voting Mitsuki even though she gave you her thoughts? What happened to not liking Kay and wanting to find something out from her, you haven't talked about that and expanded if you liked what you saw or whatever.

-I agree with Prims that SB's Blitz vote is kinda weak and him lurking isn't helping my opinion of him. I know I lurked, but I would say I was inactive lurking (not posting at all) compared to SB who's posting the minimum to make it seem like he's contributing while avoiding contributing as much as possible.

-Understand Kay's thoughts on BBM/Proto possibly being scum making a play but I think discussing the possibility too much is kinda dumb, if they're scummy we'll lynch one to clear the other but if not then I don't see a reason to be so vocally against townreading them. Right now they're both null.

-Refa is sort of scummy for things other people have pointed out but I think the severity of it is being played up a bit.

##Vote: Blitz

Blitz > SB > Refa

Ok that SB post is good, although I disagree with the content (Don't think Blitz is town, don't see Mitsuki as scum and don't think Refa is scummiest player in the game).

Blitz > Refa > SB