Etrian Odyssey 2 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=End of phase votals]bearclaw (8): Baldrick, BBM, Shinori, Green Poet, SB, Refa, Flan, bearclaw

Kopfjager (2): Shin, Eurykins

Not Voting (4): kirsche, Kopfjager, scorri, Elieson

What a lazy day. Not much really happened until you started questioning bearclaw for being too suspicious. It prompted much outcry, and eventually he revealed his true form.

However, being the chumpy final boss that he is, you take him down without much of a problem. That was anticlimactic.

Dear Sangyul bearclaw13,

AgXFpSb.png

You are Acero, the Overlord. You're the final boss of the game, and you're pretty much a wimp at it. You were the source of all the party's problems throughout the game, all culminating around the Holy Grail, a project you started to try and find immortality.

During the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Using [ability] on USER! The full list of abilities are below. Each one may only be used once.

Sunlight - You will kill USER with blinding sunlight.

Grail - You will tempt USER to drink from the Holy Grail, which will warp their mind and their wincon will be changed to yours. You will gain OC with that player. This action will fail on any non-town player with at least one other allied player still alive. USER will lose all passive abilities and additional ability shots above 1 upon recruitment. USER will not die if you are killed for any reason.

Travel - Pick any ability on a dead player. Repeat that syntax exactly (do not fill in the target), directly under your own syntax for that night. You will perform that action on USER. You may only use an ability that can target a single player only. You cannot copy killing actions.

Voltself - You will cloak yourself in electricity, and charge at USER, stunning them and leaving them unable to perform their night action.

Solitude - You will separate USER from the town that night, preventing any non-killing actions from taking effect.

Ice Rain - You will rain icicle shards down around USER, preventing anyone from killing them that night.

Distress - You will manipulate USER into becoming paranoid and they will concede their role to you, but not their alignment.

You are aligned with The Immortality Project. You win when your faction achieves parity of players during a day phase or nothing can stop the same from happening.

It is now Night Two. You have 24 hours to submit night actions. Phase ends at midnight GMT, 2/18. No posting in thread during the night.

Poking Elieson and kirsche as well.

(early update because I have everything and I'm bored.)

You all wake up, glad that the Overlord is no more. There is a strange feeling in the air though...

You check to see if anyone is missing. Tiara takes a headcount and gets...13? She counts again, in disbelief. Still 13. Every single person that left yesterday had returned in one piece. "So that's why it felt different..." Tiara mused to herself.

No one has died.

It is now Day Three. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer, 4 to lynch at deadline. You have 73 hours, 23 minutes to decide on a lynch. Phase ends at midnight GMT, 2/21.

Who was hooked/protected @ Refa/Shinori?

Wen, did you have just the one shot or did you idle or what?

Bearclaw's statement that his recruit failed on Elie can be taken three different ways IMO:

1) It really did fail; Elie is scum.

2) His recruit succeeded on someone else and he was trying to posthumously get Elie killed to help out his recruit.

3) His recruit succeeded on Elie and he was trying to make us think it was 2) so that he wouldn't lynch Elie..

Which do you guys think is more likely? I'm kind of leaning the first because I thought Elie was scum anyways but idk. I don't think 3) is too likely because I can't really remember Bearclaw ever engaging too much in WIFOM. 2) is a possibility though.

3) His recruit succeeded on Elie and he was trying to make us think it was 2) so that he wouldn't lynch Elie..

I doubt 3) is likely at all, since that guarantees that Elie becomes an object of contention today. Assuming the recruitment was successful, leaving Elie out of discussion entirely would be safer to him than bringing attention to him and introducing WIFOM.

BBM's content over the course of the game so far has been bordering on tunneling a lot, with a heavy focus on RD and Refa day 1, but not really at the same time. He pushed Refa early on and then pretty much forgets about him until he switches his vote back later. He also had some stuff on eclipse that read really half hearted and only really appeared in one post. It also doesn't help that Boron pretty much dictated his vote D1 (I'm aware he couldn't have been recruited then, but he literally just sheeped what Boron was doing and admitted to it twice) and then spends all of D2 parked on a not posting Elieson even though he admits he's not a good lynch for the day and the only other opinions he really offers is that Kopf is town as well as echoing some stuff I said on Eury. When he switches to bear (who I'm aware flipped ITP, but still) his case was pretty much "he's not trying when subs normally do that" which is like, what, and then says that lurkers are generally more likely to be scum when I'm pretty sure he knows that lurking is alignment null normally.

His play overall also feels more based on him surviving than trying to find scum, I think town!BBM would've looked into me more after finding out that I was roleblocked when no kills happened at the very least, but he hasn't shown any attempt at doing that (when he just says I'm null), which makes me think he's avoiding it because he knows that the kill failing would inevitably lead back to him and he would get lynched for it, so he wants to keep other options in play for as long as possible.

tl;dr lynch bbm pls

I think if it was 1), he would have claimed cop in order to get the lynch off him and hope against hope that he doesn't get killed, and 3) is probably not what happened N1 considering elie was already inactive on D1.

In that case, Shinori would have been redirected to himself. So either GP is town or refa's target is scum.

It could be both. If Refa hooked the NKer, Poly's/Shinori's/my actions could have just been wasted and we wouldn't know it.

Oh, and it seems that someone replenished my one-shot follow.

Also suspicious of scorri right now. She's basically did nothing but post townreads really D1 and tell people to vote for who they thought were scum at deadline over roles. Her D2 was basically "no stop trying to push this stupid lynch because roles" which was valid but wasn't supplemented by any of her own scumreads at all. The only thing she had all day was a really non-commital one on bearclaw and it feels like she's trying to just coast through the game now.

Also BBM's first post today just seems like an attempt to get town to hunt the ITP who can literally only endgame us at this point at 3P LYLO and has no nightkill (as far as i understand it) instead of actually gunning for scum lynches, plus we don't even know if bear DID try and recruit night 1 period or if it failed so even then it's a crapshoot.

Or he's only got one vig shot/he idled it? It's not unlikely.

I think he would have stated that he was one-shot, or if he didn't intend to kill last night, with so many people suspicious of him. At the very least, I can see him being willing to killing off kirsche or Elieson to help improve his case.