It's Time To Duel!!!! Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

Well fuck, it was really hard to tell if you were referencing it as two separate abilities or not.

No offense but I don't really think scum would be afraid of your vig choice with only D1 to go on, and specially not if you only get one shot and suicide upon vig. It would essentially give them a free extra town kill to leave you alive long enough to use that ability.

I'm still unsure whether I like the neighbourizer claim given my card though. If scum were given my lovermaker card and town were given the suicidal vig card that would make for potentially 3 extra deaths for scum which is bad considering that only one could actually be protected (unless selfexploding bombs can be docced) so I'm really inclined to think that the lovermaker was intended as a town-only power.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more pages. Fun times.

So i have to oppose any wagon with you or can I be okay with your lynch even if I preferred a different one? I didn't realize we had to keep you alive

Not sure how to explain it, but this comment kinda rubs me the wrong way (the tone behind it- regardless of who it was intended for- is what I'm speaking of).

Why is everyone expecting vhaltz to have a full understanding of kay's meta when she died night 1 the only time they played together? Vhaltz was also right to call scorri out on the no follow up point, even if I disagree with the vote itself.

The fact that almost literally everyone seems to want to murder Vhaltz also concerns me. Gonna respond to more in depth stuff now.

Agreed.

What actually is your opinion there Eury?

I....did actually have an opinion/read on him, but okay. o.o

This post incorporates my thoughts on him from when I first made the post in his defense/other reads. (At which rate I found him to seem more townish in his responses than scum, in terms of the vibes I got from him).

After that: This post/request makes me feel like he's more townie- there's effort and a request to see and read through Poly's past games in order to garner a clearer read on him, while I sense genuine exasperation and yet time/effort in trying explain his cases here. And the rest of his posts seem to be doing well in not only replying to people/elaborating his cases, but also pushes for more reads and progress in the thread.

TL;DR: I still don't think he's scum, and I don't think the wagon that was hyped up has merit.

I'm a little drunk and I don't feel like posting but if Vhaltz was scum he'd probably forge a Eury case. Still happy with my Eury vote.

1. Love the effort thar, slightly drunk Kirsche.

2. Why a case on me of all people? o_O Is it due to my defense for him, or the fact that I'd be an easier target to wagon off?

I feel like I should put down a vote before the phase ends so I'm gonna just write out what's going through my head right now. You guys can judge it however you want.

Vhaltz: The more he post the less certain I am he's scum. He's not showing any of the tendencies I expect from scum and has actually been helping in evaluating others. He's had a wider range for his reads than most which think is helpful in giving us material on him and everybody else. I really can't justify voting him at this time.

Poly: He's acting so weird that I'm compelled to say he's either drunk or scum. But something say he's just drunk. I don't think he would be so open about his style of play and showing why he would be scum if he where scum. I could bullshit a reason and justify voting him but that doesn't seem like what I should do.

SB: He's probably the one person that I have the hardest time reading. I don't know which way he goes.

Psych: My biggest scum read of the game. Makes stuff up to start a case on me and when I ask for proof of his claims he disappears. Doesn't add anything to the other discussions at all either. But everybodys just passing this over like he hasnt even posted. He is who I think we should lynch but there's no way in hell the wagon will build quick especially with me leading it.

Prims: The more time passes the more I think he's scum. He seems to reserved for his usual style. He's playing back in the shadows not even trying to direct us towards any reads of his own. But again how the hell am I supposed to get a wagon on him going. Even if it does start he probably be able to break it up quickly.

All that being said I only really have one option if I vote Vhaltz I look like I'm covering my ass, if I vote poly I'm contradicting myself, if I vote SB I'm trying to blend in, and I can't vote for people without a wagon causes that's just being too safe. No matter how I play it I look bad. That being said I think I got one option that I can at least accept.
##Vote: SB

...Okaaaaaaaay... my head hurts reading this chunk of... stuff. I understand the notion of Psych not being voted for because he's not a top wagon (though I've seen hyper wagons start/go off sometimes randomly at phase ends). However.. the last bolded part of the post.... what am I even staring at? All I'm reading here is, "I'm now self-conscious over my voting: If I vote X, I look bad; if I vote Y, I'm contradicting myself; if I vote Z, I'm going with the crowd, and I can't put my vote on someone I think actually deserves it 'cause no one else does atm!" ...And then you vote for the one who makes you look like you're blending into the crowd, saying that you're suddenly accepting of it? Just....whaaaaaaaaaat?

Like... what is this game? Is this a Mafia game of "Oh no- I have to vote to appease people, so this vote will make me look the least amount of bad to people!" sort of thing? It's like reads/actual thoughts aren't being put forth in terms of voting, nor is there any effort to push forth a case, even if you have to be the first one on it! Sitting back on notions of scum reads but doing nothing about it (and voting off someone else as well) just screams laziness and unwillingness to serve forth actual worthwhile lynches/actions.

I still don't like SB, nor Poet, but now Randa's post above kinda made me headdesk really hard. I don't even know at this point. All three are viable lynches for me, imo. (Vote is on SB still, but can/will move if it means putting forth a more favorable lynch candidate).

I want to sleep, but ugh.

I pretty much decided that Vhaltz is just town who didn't want to lynch Eury and Eury's lack of mentions on him is bad imo. Rajam is weird but I really can't decide if he's actually scummy or not so I'm going with this.

...Uh, are you speaking of my thoughts/reads on Vhaltz himself? If so, I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken, SB. Please take the time to actually read my posts before using that as merit to vote me.

If Poly is town then who the fuck is scum this game?

this is so dumb to say especially when there are a bunch of effective nonposters. there's kay, shin, bearclaw, and i mean garland who doesn't have any posts at all

where are VOTALS........

Lack of mentions meant that you didn't actually give a read, except you did and I just missed it.

prims we should totally turbo a lurker right

I'mgoing to ragesleep in a few minutes

Vhaltz (3): Kay, Mango Sentinel, scorri SB, kirsche, Prims, Shinori, BBM
Eurykins (3): Prims, kirsche, SB, Prims, Randa, Mango Sentinel
SB (2): Eurykins, Shinori, Prims, Randa, kirsche
Randa (2): Psych, dragonfang13, BBM
Polydeuces (2): SB, Vhaltz
Not Voting: 3-13 Garland, Shin, Randa, idk

I think this is what it's at but I rushed. I can only stay a little bit longer or Mitsuki will kill me when she sees the timestamps.

Well fuck, it was really hard to tell if you were referencing it as two separate abilities or not.

No offense but I don't really think scum would be afraid of your vig choice with only D1 to go on, and specially not if you only get one shot and suicide upon vig. It would essentially give them a free extra town kill to leave you alive long enough to use that ability.

I'm still unsure whether I like the neighbourizer claim given my card though. If scum were given my lovermaker card and town were given the suicidal vig card that would make for potentially 3 extra deaths for scum which is bad considering that only one could actually be protected (unless selfexploding bombs can be docced) so I'm really inclined to think that the lovermaker was intended as a town-only power.

Okay, you're still missing it. I have a regular vig shot, and a separate bomb.

So, I have, in essence, two kills, plus neighbour maker capabilities.

I'm not interested in the Poly lynch either, given his claim. Neighbor role can be proven during the night phase/by next day phase, and if he gets NK'd then he'll flip anyways (since he's assuming he probably [logically so] that he's now just painted a huge crosshair on his forehead with his claim).

Like, dat claim retcon after I reasoned that it's very unlikely to come from town. I could've actually believed the claim if he had the suicidal vig but now that he went back to the other one for no reason + the other one being much more unlikely I think he was just making up random power roles as his cards to keep himself alive.

Also note that Poly is mysteriously on anon users this game.

If you want to let him live to test his neighbourizer claim then I guess that's fine as long as you don't end up lynching me instead in the process.

I'm most likely going to bed in the next 10-15 minutes.

"Shoot me now or shoot me later. Every school boy to his sport."

I don't care if I get lynched anymore. I am going to vote who I think is scum. I don't give a shit how I look. That being said ##Vote Psych though I doubt it will happen, there is enough time to turbo lynch him. You've all seen my case I'm not gonna post it for the fourth time. I'm not moving my vote again unless something big comes about.

@Vhaltz:
FMPoV, Scum has no reason to have a neighborizer power, given the fact that they have their scumbuddies to run with anyways. If scum really got a card/ability like that, then this game's broken as all hell. I highly doubt that scum would land that sort of ability, though I won't deny the fact that fakeclaiming could be happening knowing the merit of claiming something like neighbor (as being for the most part a town-exclusive ability). I'd still not rather risk him to that, though; as he did rather claim quickly (which imo, screamed more town!Poly action than scum!Poly) in order to keep a wagon from building up against him. He may have gotten himself on the top of the list in terms of scum kills now as a result (assuming he's not scum himself), but I've never known Poly to play in the most sensible manners anyways.

(And not sure if it's just me, but I find myself amused by the fact that, of all people, you ask me not to lynch you (instead of Poly), when I'm the one who's being labeled as being a bit scummy for defending you, lol.)

As scum the suicidal vig claim forces him to keep claiming that he didn't shoot, whereas the 1-shot vig and 1-shot bomb would justify not actually dying because he can claim scum was just paranoid about the bomb. I feel like he just tried to pull a switch on me when I thought his claim was scummy because he wasn't expecting the loverizer to be my last power, then figured that his earlier claim was safer and switched back.

If I survive the lynch and get killed at night then keep an eye out for Poly.

Cut by Randa voting Psych, debating whether to switch. If people don't want Poly lynched I'd rather Psych get lynched rather than any of SB/Randa/Eury

Potential wagons

• Vhaltz - tryhard town
  • SB - this is basically the dumbest wagon, what has SB done that's scummy again?
  • Poly - somehow i don't think Neighborizer Vig is a scum claim. I also think his fumbling around with self-meta just looks like an awkward thing Poly would do and not a scummy thing. would really appreciate a Kay shot tonight tbh
  • Randa - His self-consciousness rubs me the wrong way but I'm not certain he'd outright go "I'm doing this because everything else will make my look bad" as scum - it's essentially consulting the town on what he should do, and if he's mafia he has buddies to complain to instead.
  • Eurykins - actually this is still my preferred wagon because all the others suck. also think she's getting caught up in arguments more than scumhunting which is worse than everybody else on this list. seriously, her iso is 75% responses, it's also ridiculous that she "still dislikes" SB over some early day 1 posts, you can't really say SB is still unmemorable anymore and people talked about why the card proposal didn't mean anything, so her D1 has just been a giant votepark on account of her case not evolving at all. she argued with SB a lot but it was all over her thoughts on other people. Eury, why is SB scum?
Green Poet is also a likely mafia......

(And not sure if it's just me, but I find myself amused by the fact that, of all people, you ask me not to lynch you (instead of Poly), when I'm the one who's being labeled as being a bit scummy for defending you, lol.)

That was written before your cut. It was aimed at the game in general and not just you :V

As scum the suicidal vig claim forces him to keep claiming that he didn't shoot, whereas the 1-shot vig and 1-shot bomb would justify not actually dying because he can claim scum was just paranoid about the bomb. I feel like he just tried to pull a switch on me when I thought his claim was scummy because he wasn't expecting the loverizer to be my last power, then figured that his earlier claim was safer and switched back.

If I survive the lynch and get killed at night then keep an eye out for Poly.

Cut by Randa voting Psych, debating whether to switch. If people don't want Poly lynched I'd rather Psych get lynched rather than any of SB/Randa/Eury

poly claimed to be a neighborizer with 1 shot of vig and active bomb (meaning suicidal vig). i dont see the retconning here. maybe if he had said "i can turn myself into a bomb"

best way to play night 1 is that vhaltz loverizes poly and some scummy guy (green poet?) and then poly suicide bombs kay

then if scum shoots that's four deaths

maybe this isn't optimal but it sure sounds fun

Poly if we both don't get lynched this day phase I'm going to use the loverizer on you so that you'll die with me if you shoot me. If you're town, don't shoot me.

Useless role doesn't look so useless anymore.

Cut: Okay I'm really not understanding how this whole "active bomb" shit works. Whatever.