It's Time To Duel!!!! Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

if you really cared you'd explain why it was scummy so people would listen to you and we'd get somewhere with the game

every time I've voted SB ED1 lately he's flipped scum, sheep me on this

it was a jokepost so uh

and that'd be because eo2 has been my only town game recently

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vhaltz, do you think apathy is anti-town or pro-scum? Then can you explain whether you think Prims is being anti-town or pro scum.

Assuming you mixed up Prims and Shinori. Considering "pro-scum" to be moves made with scum intent (defending buddies, pushing lynches on claimed PRs, etc), apathy is anti-town. ED1 apathy is a slip tell and not a scum intent tell.

If you wanted me to elaborate on what I think of his alignment, you'll have to wait until I see more posts from him.

Admits hes no town. ##Unvote ##Vote: SB

darn you caught me

Anyway.

##Unvote

##Vote: Vhaltz

Why are you voting someone on alignment null but antitown play instead of person you seem to find actually suspicious?

##Vote:Scorri

Scorri is hiding something I JUST KNOW IT.

Am I hiding something or are you hiding something by trying to shift the attention to me? Hmmmmm?

Right, actual stuff, I think that Prims real serious vote on SB, I thought it was fairly obvious myself that SB was joking. It seems a bit overeager I guess? to jump on someone for something so small, especially when it was still pretty early on in the game.

Assuming you mixed up Prims and Shinori. Considering "pro-scum" to be moves made with scum intent (defending buddies, pushing lynches on claimed PRs, etc), apathy is anti-town. ED1 apathy is a slip tell and not a scum intent tell.

If you wanted me to elaborate on what I think of his alignment, you'll have to wait until I see more posts from him.

I feel like the bolded is dodging the question. Based on what you have seen right now, and had to pick a Prims alignment, would you say he's town or scum? I know it's ED1, but you already seem to have some form of opinion on him already.

And if you honestly don't think he'd be scum, then why would Shinori be worse for just popping in when he did? Odds are he just got on from doing... something (whatever it is he does), so that's more of a Shinori tell than a scum tell.

Something feels off but I don't know if that's just me being paranoid or something actually being off? I think his vote on you is bad but if he actually just misread your post as serious, I can understand why he'd make? Basically I have a bad feeling about him but I'm pretty sure it's largely based off of gut.

It probably isn't worth it, but it did give me another idea.

Thoughts on everyone claiming what cards they used in the previous night every day? We wouldn't get that info from anyone who got nightkilled and it would force scum to lock in fakeclaims early, so I think it has it's merits. Could be extended to deck chosen too, I guess.

It probably isn't worth it, but it did give me another idea.

Thoughts on everyone claiming what cards they used in the previous night every day? We wouldn't get that info from anyone who got nightkilled and it would force scum to lock in fakeclaims early, so I think it has it's merits. Could be extended to deck chosen too, I guess.

I'm willing to do this.

Why are you voting someone on alignment null but antitown play instead of person you seem to find actually suspicious?

I'm voting somebody who did something scummy and shouldn't be doing said thing if town. Your case only works under the assumption that tells are equally null for everybody.

It's fine though because I did hint at Shinori not being the big scumread I was making it out to be anymore. I was more adamant earlier because I thought it was a decent tell for so early in the game, but Shinori not paying much attention at times makes sense with what I've seen of him so far and Poly pointed that very same thing just now so meh.

@Poly, kirsche meant Shinori and not Prims.

My exchange with Prims was unrelated to reads, I was using the pressure of my RVS vote to push him so he'd stop jokeposting and take the game seriously. If he kept posting facetiously I wasn't going to be able to read him.

I'm voting somebody who did something scummy and shouldn't be doing said thing if town.

What makes you think that not wanting to read twenty one line RVS joke post is scummy? It seems more like he was being lazy. But not really because its three hours of joke post.

I'm voting somebody who did something scummy and shouldn't be doing said thing if town. Your case only works under the assumption that tells are equally null for everybody.

I worded this bit really dumb. I was essentially defending my case hard for a large paragraph here but then I cut it because I don't feel that strongly about Shinori anymore and gauging a reaction from Shinori for a better read by keeping suspicion on him until he came back wasn't worth "lying" by overpushing a case I knew could be wrong.

##Unvote

##Vote: scorri

Appears to have forgotten she had a vote.

Poly is guilty of the same but he is asking questions instead of noncommittally throwing suspicion on the biggest wagon.

What makes you think that not wanting to read twenty one line RVS joke post is scummy? It seems more like he was being lazy. But not really because its three hours of joke post.

Scum can afford to be lazy/apathetic because they don't have to find scum and town shouldn't be apathetic because they have to lynch scum. Essentially it could go both ways and I was leaning scum.

Great, I'm here, I didn't expect the game to start so soon.

Except right now I'm reading, but I should have some reads soon.

Tomorrow I should be online more, I've been busy today, sorry for lack of activity.

cut by - I have the tab set to auto-refresh but my computer has been on all day, and I haven't been around to look at it. Sorry. I haven't even had time to make a post until now.

Please do not make assumptions. I asked if you thought what prims is doing is anti-town or pro-scum. I now have to ask this again and I don't like having to do that.

I'm voting somebody who did something scummy and shouldn't be doing said thing if town.

Being apathetic isn't pro-scum, it's anti-town. There's no scum-intent to it.

My exchange with Prims was unrelated to reads, I was using the pressure of my RVS vote to push him so he'd stop jokeposting and take the game seriously. If he kept posting facetiously I wasn't going to be able to read him.

How is a FoS not related to reads again?

Essentially it could go both ways and I was leaning scum.

Why?

##Unvote

##Vote:Vhaltz

Too much flip-flopping and not enough proper answering. His Scorri vote is also really weak but I have no idea how much it weighs in comparison to his other reads because he doesn't explain.

Thoughts on everyone claiming what cards they used in the previous night every day?

No.

Vhaltz: being lazy isn't scummy and brushing off your Prims FoS as a reaction test doesn't do you any favours in my eyes. Neither is switching to someone just because they haven't voted - this is a similar situation I got an early scorri wagon as scum in Semi-Precious.

Agree with most of kirsche's post but I'd like to hear the thought process behind you disagreeing?

Please do not make assumptions. I asked if you thought what prims is doing is anti-town or pro-scum. I now have to ask this again and I don't like having to do that.

This makes literally no sense at all given the context and feels like you're just pulling excuses out of your ass to vote for me

Like fuck, if you wanted to ask me what I thought of Prims you could've said "hey do you think prims is town or scum" instead of the "is he anti-town or pro-scum" shit which makes no sense. So I obviously assume you're referencing Shinori, who's the only player I've ever referred to in terms of "anti-town".

"Being apathetic isn't pro-scum, it's anti-town. There's no scum-intent to it."

Genius, if only it wasn't the very same thing I said in my first post in reply to you that you clearly haven't read.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46734&p=2987130

At this point I realize I can kind of see how you'd rush to suspect me over sidestepping issues since I just wasn't getting the idea that you were asking me about Prims, but it's still pretty infuriating that you don't read my posts and throw me hypercondescending attitude when you clearly caused the issue yourself, so I'm keeping everything in regardless.

@SB Prims FoS was not a reaction test, it was a push to get on with the game.

I wanted to not wall anymore in mafia and play like I did in FE6 but I have time to spare so if you guys want the full thought process on Prims here you go.

The first few posts in the game are pretty useful in getting an idea of Prims' alignment specially if he is being wagoned D1 because he tends to care more about and reply to early votes/suspicion as scum (he said this himself somewhere I don't recall), if he's posting facetiously this becomes harder to read. The tell I used on Prims to throw out the jokeposts was "lol hypocrite" which is an argument contradiction logic tell and those suck. Hence why I asked him if he thought I was just wrong or if he thought the tell was bad. If he told me the tell was bad and why it probably meant Prims town and if he chose "it's wrong" and went about it in a way that felt like scum caught for the wrong reasons then it meant scum. I got the middle ground.

My read on him is on standby and I didn't want to remind him of his own meta in hopes of finding something incriminating if he's scum but w/e it's probably not going to be useful anymore.

Gonna stop bloating the thread now and go to bed. If any short questions come my way in the next 30 minutes I'll address them but that's that.

##Vote: Shinori

Half of that is signups.

Oh you're right.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

Laziness to read the thread when there's >20 one-liner posts is anti-town mentality.

FoS Prims for harping on SB not explaining things to move the game further and proceeding to keep jokeposting right after.

Nope. Not really lazyness at the time; just playing a video game and I thought Elie had made a second thread so I was just surprised that people were so active already!

Shinori why are you voting for claimed town? do you want to MISS a LYNCH

Oh fuck you're right. I'm so awful at this game. :(

##Unvote:

Let me vote obvious scum!

##Vote:Shinori

....Jayyy kayyy

##Unvote

I was aware, but replying at the jab wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

Voting for Kay or Randa atm would be voting for lack of content. There's nothing to even grasp at unless you want to say Kay's Shinori vote is grasping.

Shinori's complaining about the pagecount when we're barely even starting indicates mentality of either noticeably apathetic town or uninterested scum. If he's town he can read this and step it up.

You could honestly say your vote is grasping if it was serious in all honesty if you are saying something like Kay's vote is grasping.

Me complaining about page count is like a ritual for me. It's okay, you'll get used to it! Althought I am in generally apathetic!

Anywaaay currently I dislike Vhaltz.

##Vote: Vhaltz

More stuff later when I'm not feeling like shit.

Not sure if this is just me or everybody but SF is really slow for me right now.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Vhaltz

His reasons for asking Prims a bunch of questions are all well and good but still don't explain why he prodvoted Shinori due to a passing comment he made over voting Prims. If he felt that scum Prims would respond in a different way to a bad case than town Prims would, logically those differences would be exacerbated if Vhaltz actually voted Prims as well. Much more important than just motivating someone to post. The timing of his Scorri vote feels contrived, as do the reasons themselves. Setting aside whether or not making the Shinori vote was justified in the first place, if it was legitimate, why unvote before actually seeing Shinori vote? And Scorri is hardly "noncommittally throwing suspicions on the biggest wagon" because there wasn't even a wagon on Prims? And it was a barely-out-of-RVS wagon even if there was, so it's not like scum really care about voting there if they want to fan the flames.