Conspiracy Mafia - End of Days

Paperblade

Heads up I'm probably gonna be the posting head again, idk if I'll be able to handle both the motk game and this one considering that we have a lot of shit going on until the 20th but if I can't I'll probably sub out of Mitsuki's game since they have people who missed the signups and wanted to play.

That said I have to do lab work on monday and try to get accepted by an investigation group by the 18th for a masters degree (this I just found out today) so my attention might be divided for the next few days. I'll request V/LA as a last resort if I think I can't make it for one or two days, I don't want to sub out considering that FFM hasn't gotten a sub yet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poly's Naive Cop claim is ??? because the mafia have a GF but I think the manner in which he claimed D1 was townie. Proto suspicion still sucks though, and if he could take the time to talk about how it was weird that I was defending Proto, he could also talk about the defence itself and why he felt it was incorrect.

##Vote: Vhaltz/Mitsuki

I know Vhaltz is V/LA but Mitsuki is around. A quick ctrl+f in Vhaltz's ISO tells me he spoke about Weapons a lot in relation to other people (Proto mainly) but on only one occasion did he ever speak directly to Weapons, and it was just to ask him to clarify something. If Mitsuki actually thought Weapons was kind of scummy as she claimed at the beginning of D1 one would think Vhaltz would have mentioned that or said something about Weapons's alignment, which he never did despite his name popping up so often.

Other than that I spoke yesterday about how his lurker thing felt easy and his suspicion on me (before I claimed Mason) was in a lot of places just flat-out incorrect because I hadn't actually voiced many suspicions other than those I'd spoken about before. He also talks about how he found my ED1 Prims thing weird but didn't want to engage in D1 scumteamspec- this implies that he thought there were scum/scum interactions between Prims and I, but he never at any point expresses suspicion of Prims, not even in that same post.

I felt like his town!Cam reasoning was good end D1, which is why I switched to Euk. I feel dumb for letting him convince me but I'm feeling right now like the wagons were town/town anyways so meh.

Mitsuki never told me anything wrt her weapons suspicions D1, we were both null on him and then she found him suspicious when she was making her D2 opener post.

Mitsuki is also busier than me starting today because something bad happened that made her realize she really should be paying attention to more important things. She's hosting the MotK game regardless but can't play.

There was nothing that made me think Prims was scum individually, I found you scummy and the interaction felt suspicious so I commented on it.

Also meh @BBM pointing out that naive doesn't make sense, I wanted to check if Poly would retract something through questioning before I outed it but w/e.

At this point I'm not really sure if there's 5 antitown left like Blitz said because if Poly is still town then Weapons' godfather was a red herring unless there's another cop. I also know that the ITP isn't investigation immune because Weapons' PM said "one person" and I'm technically immune as part of the negative utility of my role I commented on here, so it's unlikely that there's a non-investigative immune SK/cult in a game with a mafia rolecop and two town cops. kirsche's flip also points at cult unless it's a red herring so something in the PMs so far is lying or Poly isn't really naive cop.

Poly how do you know you're naive?

It outright tells me in my role PM that all results I get will be town; evidently the miller out-prioritized it last night, but that at least allowed me to confirm that FFM's miller claim works

Btw I still think Proto is mostly null but I'm sheeping Mitsuki's vote until I find something I think is Actually Scummy because everybody else is varying degrees of town.

@Poly I thought rules said cop sanity is not guaranteed?

At this point I'm banking on Cult being the center of the "It's a Conspiracy" mod lie because if there's both a cult and an SK, we'd be at 4-5 town vs 5-6 antitown if Weapons hadn't died which is unwinnable after a single mislynch. Either that or weapons was actually vigged but everybody but FFM has already posted and nobody has claimed the shot on weapons, dayvig + nightvig would be weird too so I'd expect them to have already cc'd Prims.

I am Shin, fear my ability to replace someone who has said literally nothing all game! SF's currenting slower than Sharpy in a draft, but I'll definitely come up with some stuff sometime today. Mind you, I'll be gone for the vast majority of the 16th, so don't miss me too much!

@Refa is the predicting Manix would be alive thing serious? When I saw it I figured adding Manix to the alive list just because you put him there accidentally when making ISOs seemed like something Paper would totally do.

Refa feels town off of tryhard alone because even if he finally rolled town in Doomsday I'd figure his "fuck being scum" mindset would still be there for the next few months regardless. Still feeling good about my earlier read on him and what Mitsuki pointed out about Refa subtly trying to get culted is also something I don't think he'd think of as scum.

Poly is probably town despite the naive cop shenanigans because his counterclaim D1 was too immediate and natural sounding, I figure if scum wanted to consider CCing somebody they'd do it after discussing and making sure they wouldn't be fucking up, and even then CCing a random dude D1 would be Really Dumb.

Prims reads town off of tone and the vigshot. His posts read streamofthought-ish as opposed to carefully structured and like I feel like Prims!scum could've easily abused his #YOLO mentality with guns as town to shoot whoever he found more convenient as opposed to a lurker, plus he shot like 20 minutes after he said he'd reread which doesn't feel like scum carefully considering their possibilities.

Xin was kind of tunnely but very scumhunt driven and pushed Weapons really hard for like, all of D1. Granted her vote was never actually on him but her refusing to establish priority lists and continuing to push Weapons makes me feel like it wasn't a "hey I'll bus you but keep you as a side priority so that you don't actually get lynched" and more of a "I really want all of these guys lynched I need more votes". Leaning town.

Leaning Proto and Kay as scum off of PoE. If I had to guess SK I'd say I was probably wrong about Cam which is fuck me.

Proto not even mentioning Refa in his near-deadline post when he had his vote on him is A Good Point, Kay kind of bugs me in that she kept weapons as a secondary suspicion nearing deadline and only came back when the wagons on Euklyd and Cam had already consolidated, but Kay not being there for extended periods of time is a thing so I'd rather lynch Proto.

plus he shot like 20 minutes after he said he'd reread which doesn't feel like scum carefully considering their possibilities.

wow :(

I don't think Refa is scum. I agree with Vhaltz about his motivation and also find the "people on Proto should vote Weapons with me instead" to be a point in his favor (even if Proto flips scum, since I doubt he'd prefer to bus his Godfather). Vhaltz is right about Poly as well. I still think Vhaltz's slot reads town, he's pretty open and makes good points.

I don't agree that Xinnidy pushed Weapons "very hard" though, if she wanted to push him "very hard" she would've moved her vote to give him incentive. I can see her as a buddy. imo it makes more sense for scum!Weapons to ignore her if they're scumbuddies because then he doesn't actually feel threatened by her posts. I'd probably go FFMslot > Xinnidy > Kay. Kay I just don't have any particular issues with but can't really get a read on her motivations with what little she posts. Kay, thoughts on other potential lynch targets?

also, Cam, if you can revive someone, wouldn't it be better to revive Kirsche, who is actually helpful to town?

:facepalm:

##unvote

which is either really naive or bullshit

poly passes, I guess, but I'm leaving my vote there because of Other Reasons

I still question that outing it was a good/town move. It seems like too easy towncred for both him and Frosty Fire Shin. The case on Refa seems forced and i'm not particularly convinced, as well as Lining Up Lynches ("I'm going after Roofa when Proto flips scum"). I'm not seeing any "waffling the fuck out of his ass"; there's a difference between "i'm not 100% sure of this guy" (cough) and waffling. Are people not allowed to change their opinions? "A bunch of one liners" isn't a good scumtell because there was no discussion taking place to contribute to. I honestly would have found it worse if he were to sheep and vanish - at least by sticking around he shows effort to help create activity. If anything, the scum move would have been to just sit quietly and fade into the background (note that Weapons had long since shut up). "does very little in making cases" could be applied to a lot of people (and i'm not convinced that roofa is the worst of the bunch, considering that he's at least around and not just coasting off active lurking). "General dropoff in post quality" is the kind of thing that needs to have an example. 3P hunting is a fair point, but why does that make him worse than, say, Kay, who has also been doing a bit of OPspec and is guilty of basically everything you charged refa with? At least Refa's around.

Note that Poly also just blew off weapons for no adequately explained reason.

tldr poly has done nothing but tunnel onto proto with a contrived case on refa

also to anyone who was citing my scum meta - i'm pretty sure only prims/proto/kay/blitz (maaaaaaaybe BBM?) have been playing long enough to have ever been in a game with me as scum

food for thought

imo Poly's CC of BBM was really town though - scum would need Paranoid Cop as a safeclaim to feel like it's safe and even then he has to make the connection of "what the fuck that's like a second cop". He also draws attention by outing it.

(Xinnidy was in Final Fantasy where you were scum.)

btw, I thought Poly's role only had one use and that was to find Illuminati? (as in people who are recruited by the Illuminati, not the leader)

@Cam- IIRC you've only been scum once (not counting Training since lol), Etrian Odyssey, and I don't think anybody still alive played in that game (all the people you list sat out of that game afaicr).

man ##Unvote

Vhaltz's responses seem town and I feel like if I kept my vote there it would just be me parking bc I don't have anything better.

@Mods- Manix is listed as "Alive" in the OP. Is this intentional? This was also the case on D1 but at the time I assumed it was a mistake. Not sure anymore. I feel like Kay is the only person on the playerlist who hasn't done anything townie at all tbh. FFM too but I feel like a Miller fakeclaim being given to the maf in addition to them having a GF seems weird. And I feel like it goes well with the Naive Cop thing.

I still don't want to lynch Proto. Will look into Kay. Don't really see anything scummy Xinny has done.

scum miller would be the actual role if poly is town, and it makes sense alongside godfather when you consider that we probably have no real cop and weapons' purpose was to keep the masons from being confirmed town given your role mechanics

Yeah, actually I forgot to make that post entirely whoops. Hope springs eternal, though!

Also will explain my issues with Xinny since I feel like I'm the only one who's bothered by her.

hey guys, I thought I asked you guys to talk about who you think are the ITP players and what you think of the existence of a SK + Cult

also, I think people should claim their roles, people meaning mainly Proto, Shin, Kay, Xinnidy and Vhaltz should claim cause the 6 most likely town people have already claimed their roles (okay, 5 for people who don't think and yes, I intentionally left all the names in claiming part for the fun of it). I want to know what Prims and Refa thinks about this. (I wanted my brothers to answer this first, but they are probably busy and so, I thought I should post in thread)

If you guys want to know why I want role claims, it is cause I think I realized something about the existing roles in this game.

why do i care about SK/cult right now???

until one flips (no, bizz does not count as a flipped cult), we're just pointlessly speculating about shit that's both unconfirmed and more likely than not less sure footing than hunting for regular scum

Blitz should actually read my posts from last night for why cult probably doesn't exist, D2 where half or over half of the game is anti-town would be incredibly imbalanced. I'd also rather not fullclaim unless it's necessary, my role is very odd and nonconventional and that's all I'll say for now.

Cam what do you think about other people that aren't Poly?