FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

prepare for the gaiden disappointment! and c21 (every c21) ftw :]dondon will 1-turn it and 22 and 24 too

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot would change, durability isn't a problem for those maps but movement and offense are. i wouldn't bother with grinding shin's bow rank because he can no longer ORKO throne manaketes in chapter 24, the bosskill strats in those chapters would have to be changed, and i can't give you a good estimate on how many turns would be lost because of the forfeited movement.

I never even bothered with Juno but since DD mentions it in the video I decided to check out their base stats and they're actually very close in HM:

Tate: 28 HP, 9 str, 12 skl, 15 spd, 6 luck, 8 def, 8 res

Juno: 33 HP, 11 str, 14 skl, 16 spd, 14 luck, 8 def, 12 res

Like, I know she's a terrible unit but I didn't realize it's this bad.

I never even bothered with Juno but since DD mentions it in the video I decided to check out their base stats and they're actually very close in HM:

The luck totally makes up the difference.

- He lied

tate's str has a small chance of rounding up, so with reasonable luck, base + promo tate wins 1 HP, 1 str, 1 spd, 2 def in exchange for losing 8 luk and 2 res. yikes.

Juno is so bad holy crap :o. It's always hilarious to see just how low your chance of success is in each boss kill xD. FE6 hitrates OP.

EDIT: Does this chapter's bosskill have the worst chance of success out of every bosskill so far?

Edited by PJSalt

tate's str has a small chance of rounding up, so with reasonable luck, base + promo tate wins 1 HP, 1 str, 1 spd, 2 def in exchange for losing 8 luk and 2 res. yikes.

Yeah, I didn't take the stat gains for promotion into account >_<

Niime is really good damn.

Are you going to replace Shanna with Juno or is every flier going to stay in your team?

I'm curious why you sold the energy ring instead of using it. I confused the energy ring with the talisman lol.

Edited by MidnightStar

Would Percival have been able to 2RKO Roartz with the hammer in order to save the energy ring? The hit rates would be even worse, but if Rutger and Zealot can kill Henning with a 0.01% chance of success, then hitting with the hammer 4 times in a row doesn't seem impossible, however unlikely it may be.

EDIT: Percival with Armorslayer: 20 Strength + 2(Energy Ring) + 8(Armorslayer Might) - 1(Weapon Triangle Disadvantage) = 29 Attack before the Armorslayer's effective might bonus.

Percival with Hammer(w/o Energy Ring): 20 Strength + 8(Hammer Might) + 1(Weapon Triangle Advantage) = 29 Attack before the Hammer's effective might bonus.

So unless I've messed up a calculation, which is possible, then Percival should be able to 2RKO Roartz with the Hammer without the need for the Energy Ring, at obviously horrible hit rates of course.

Edited by Carmine Sword

He does more damage with the hammer without the Ring than he does with the armourslayer with the ring sure, but like, he'd need to hit Roartz 3/4 times at 22 hit which is far less than a 0.01 chance of happening

also percival doesn't even double Roartz with the hammer

EDIT: Percival has 12 con not 11 he does double, Percival's the best

I could be wrong but I think Percival needs the energy ring for later anyway, so not using it now would be pointless.

Edited by General Horace

The boss has 13 speed, 16 luck, disadvantage, and 30 hit on the throne. 72 avoid.

Percy has 16 skill and 15 luck and 45 accuracy on Hammer. 107

35 hit rate. Or 25% true hit.

Yeah, that sort of sucks lol

He actually only has 22 hit, accuracy halves luck. And WTA is only +10 in FE6. (45 hammer hit + 32 hit from skill + 7 hit from luck + 10 from WTA = 94 hit - 72 avoid = 22), so just under 10% true hit. Yikes.

Edited by General Horace

Then, again, this is pretty much a tool assisted run anyway. We have already seen the magic at work already. Accuracy is not really an issue not doubling is an issue.

qoUoFBx.png

:D

Edited by Vorena

Can you talk a little bit about the difference Dayan would make?

sure. dayan wouldn't make a difference. his combat blows by this point in the game and he can't use murgleis when it becomes available because he starts with A rank bows and can't possibly get 50 WEXP within the span of like, 2 and a half chapters. in terms of power he is even weaker than igrene, so igrene is a better brave bow and silver bow user.

juno is definitely more useful because i need another flier in a rescue chain in chapter 21 and shanna would get killed.

I could be wrong but I think Percival needs the energy ring for later anyway, so not using it now would be pointless.

this is correct, perceval needs the energy ring to 4HKO murdoch with the armorslayer. he also needs 24 str for chapters 22 and 23, and because he's totally occupied post-secret shop, he has to use an energy ring before chapter 21.

Edited by dondon151

sure. dayan wouldn't make a difference. his combat blows by this point in the game and he can't use murgleis when it becomes available because he stars with A rank bows and can't possibly get 50 WEXP within the span of like, 2 and a half chapters.

So Murgleis (and maybe some stat boosters) make Shin for the endgame? I suppose I should wait and see. And thanks for answering.

Edited by deranger

hammer blows so hard on roartz; you're about as likely to land 3 in 4 hammer hits as you are to hit him 4 times with a killer axe and crit on at least 2 of them, also 2RKOing (after the energy ring).

hitting armorslayer 4 in 4 times is 4.5 times more likely than hitting hammer 3 in 4 times.

So Murgleis (and maybe some stat boosters) make Shin for the endgame? I suppose I should wait and see. And thanks for answering.

i mean that is why we've been grinding shin's bow rank for over half of the game.

Edited by dondon151