Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

Screw rewriting things.

Paper didn't really do much early, but it felt like he posted more fillerish content then shitposting, which is what I usually expect from him as town early? His jump on Baldrick seemed kind of sudden but the reason behind it was okay, although Paper seemed to disagree with Terra's wagon he wasn't really trying very hard to stop it? He just said "i'm not sure he'd do this as scum" but then didnt explain why and sort of let it happen? Which bugs me a lot. I think his content okay has been alright but not particularly indicative either way. I don't get his point on Baldrick though?

Idk about Marth now. I thought his early claim was townie but I'm getting paranoid that it's like in Qprogue where Refa claimed Vengeful as scum for no reason in order to try and get towncred and it fooled 80% of the game. He also kind of parked on me for a while without really saying much on me but idk how much I posted in that time and I'm too sleepy to bother to check. But yeah he also seemed pretty against the Blitz lynch just because it was a turbo, which is reasonable on its own but I would've at least expected him to have tried to read the slot? It's really weird. He voted there in the end but the lynch was pretty much locked in. I also think that saying "I agree Rapier is town BUT <convoluted role stuff why he isn't clear>" is kind of weird and looks like scum keeping lynch options open, and the "Via is probably ITP for a weak end of day vote" also didn't make any sense to me? Please explain.

Refa's ISO makes me cry because >7 pages on ED2 so I'm mostly skimming it. But my general feeling is still the same that it feels like he's motivated and producing decent content. His stance on Blitz was kind of iffy but at the same time it didn't read like he tried too hard to save him? Not sure if this is scum unsure of how to react to their buddy being turboed or town just disagreeing though. I think his last readposts feels like a paranoid townie because I don't think he'd feel the need to case people like Poly (who is basically univerally townread) and Weapons/Lord Gaius who haven't really been major suspects for anyone when he could just pick easier suspicions to go with and be lazy like Refa tends to be as scum. I'd probably keep an eye on him because of Blitz stuff but overall I'm not bothered too much with the slot.

##Unvote
##Vote: Rapier

Rapier > Marth > Paper

Not sure how much of this actually makes sense but sleep is op. I'll look again tomorrow.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a vote hop with very little explanation. I know it's ED1, but even those can be telling, if it's mafia who doesn't think that they'll flip immediately.

That's a good outline of one, and it's enough to motivate me to actually read Rapier. As usual, he's all over the place (moreso than me). However, I'm a bit miffed that your case lacks this:

Here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52652&page=12#entry3664659

@BBM; Re: Gaius, the way he went about the hammer, saying he wanted blitz to talk, then hammering as soon as people said he wouldn't be around, makes me think he was relying solely on the thread to see what to do.

@Eclipse; Re: BBM i get it now

@Refa; is the SFMM4 thing a joke?

Re: kirsche read - I think going THAT BLATANTLY against a town leader is either suicidal scum or misguided town. Again, his attitude gets in the way of his content, and it's a pain in the ass to read. Don't really agree with the rest of his points, though - haven't been scumreading kirsche at all (and even if I was, he's already got my claim).

Re: overdefensiveness - He'd have to be defensive, because of what's being thrown at him. I think he could've handled it a lot better, but he's missing giant swaths of responses, and it's a consistent miss. Hence, why I'm not convinced that he's simply too busy to craft a proper response to everything.

Don't really like the "what do all of you think" questions in an admitted tunnel response. It feels like you're trying to nudge people to agree with you, rather than have your case stand on its own merit. I don't mind that you have a scumread, but I do NOT like having my own reads nudged like that.

Re: overdefensiveness - He'd have to be defensive, because of what's being thrown at him. I think he could've handled it a lot better, but he's missing giant swaths of responses, and it's a consistent miss. Hence, why I'm not convinced that he's simply too busy to craft a proper response to everything.

Don't really like the "what do all of you think" questions in an admitted tunnel response. It feels like you're trying to nudge people to agree with you, rather than have your case stand on its own merit. I don't mind that you have a scumread, but I do NOT like having my own reads nudged like that.

@First paragraph, not really sure what conclusion you're drawing here

@Second, they are honest questions; of course I want people to pay attention to the issue

@First paragraph, not really sure what conclusion you're drawing here

@Second, they are honest questions; of course I want people to pay attention to the issue

First paragraph - Due to circumstance, what's normally a scum tell is a null tell.

Second paragraph - That's my impressions of such questions - how everyone else feels about them isn't up to me. If taken in a vacuum, it would be scummy. However, your content isn't scummy, so I don't think it's worth anything other than a mention.

I'll be able to post for real in about an hour. I have some irl things to do but as for some people thinking that I bussed (which I assume means turn on a scumbuddy) Blitz to get town cred, I already stated my reasons for voting him. When Refa and Marth voted for him they expressed that they wanted phase to end. So I tried because I felt sheeping was safest for me atm. After they said that they wanted me to give content, I did. I clearly explained why I thought Baldrick was scum, and now it looks like my read on Blitz was wrong. I thought it was inevitable because Blitz had majority with around 45 minutes left in the phase.

@sb- marth claimed? when?

I feel like Rapier's self-assuredness is more town than scum cuz why would scum be so confident? Scum!Rapier in particular is kind of unsure IIRC. Been a while but in Volcanic when we were buddies he barely pushed anything concretely and was very unsure of what to do. dunno when he's been scum since then, but I definitely feel like the snark comes out more in town Rapier than scum Rapier.

sigh I can't really find a problem with eclipse's posts tbh. iirc scum eclipse pushes people a lot of the time for bad play that isn't really indicative of alignment at all. I'm struggling to reach the same conclusions as her, like if anything Blitz dropping me for a weak reason would make me look scummy rather than townie? But I can still see her looking for things that are actually scummy. I also think like she takes a while to drop reads as scum so admitting she was wrong on SB at least for the present seems townish.

nap -> aid sheet -> sleep or aid sheet -> sleep; such decisions

so good news and bad news.

the good news is my wifi works again.

the bad news is my professor is a dick and just assigned a 4 page paper due tomorrow. kinda bullshit bout that right now.

anyways i will try to post when i have time tomorrow it'll probably wind up being during class or something.

I lied I got too interested in reading Rapier to read Eury.

Refa, can you explain how you think Blitz's vote on Rapier makes Rapier more likely to be his scumbuddy? I read your post and tried to think about how that was a thing and it's like... You think Blitz was trying to distance or something something, since Rapier wasn't getting lynched anyway.

Something I found disconcerting about Rapier upon reading his play in Guitar (town) and C9++ (mafia) compared to this is that in C9++ he also had that kind of arrogant tone that I had previously thought was him just being yolotown dgaf. Granted, this game was two years ago, but I couldn't find another scum game by him. He was much more humble.

I also felt like his content was more similar to his town game in here, although it's hard for me to determine if he's actively ignoring Baldrick or just can't be assed to read the thread. Rapier's got a long and storied history of going "This game is moving too fast" and just disappearing, so it's hard for me to read into this as alignment indicative.

Basically, becoming slightly less good feeling about Rapier

And SB is a Stupid Brit because I was just as apathetic about other people's actions in D1 and 2 of Code Geass.

Also idk what convoluted rolespec stuff you're talking about

Are you referring to me taking about weapons and rapier towards the end of d1? I was saying that it doesn't mean that both of them have to be town just because they say that both roles can coexist? I'm still sticking to town rapier so obviously I'm talking about weapons here.

OK so I looked at corals at the end of d1 and the only players I can see a bus from are SB and weapons.

Which means scum were on the rapier rapier ESPN except I keep reading their isos and can't make out who's likely to be scum.

But OK, w/e, for now, ##vote: weapons

Also idk about lg but him voting blitz because refa and I told him there was no point looks town? I mean after being questioned he votes baldy but like, that seems weird to try and hammer your do buddy and then later vote on a counter wagon to save him.