Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terra you went "Man kirsche wouldn't really do this as scum" which is what I've been saying all game and is good but then you conclude that there must be a cult in this game and I'm it's leader. Halfway there.

are you claiming cult recruit

I'm not claiming to you without a flip.

You :)

Poly and Randa have kind of disappeared after being active early on, so I'd look into those two. But SB/Rapier are the only people I've found scummy and have any interest in lynching.

so SB claimed to me in email and expressed that he thinks the most suspicious/opportunistic people on his wagon are paperblade & baldrick.

idk what to do about his claim because it could go either way, but I agree about paperblade. not sure about baldrick though, but paperblade's opinions & posts have been kinda lackluster and sheepy.

I have 10 minutes before class so I can't elaborate further yet but idk what to do lol. SB said he claimed to me because he didn't have time to post in thread & trusted me though so that's why I'm getting this out in the open first

##Unvote: BBM if that hasn't been done already though, I liked bbm's content a lot better

will reread paperblade/sb/baldrick after class and see what I want to do

Well I wouldn't be opposed to a paper or baldrick lynch on grounds of them not having enough content when there's enough in the thread to go off of. And being sheepy and stuff.

(NGL I was reading kirsche's posts and thinking they were Baldrick's and thought he was contributing or something)

SB you mistyped kirsche when you wrote the recipient don't worry Bizz can send me your claim. =) Would like to know why you're using Bizz as a mouthpiece though instead of just posting yourself wrt opportunistic wagons. If you can write an e-mail you can go "yo guys PB + Baldrick are being really opportunistic stop wagoning me pls" or something.

I am not up for lynching Paper =)

I... don't understand why it takes less time to claim in a message on PM then it does to claim in thread? If he didn't have time to post thoughts on other people but didn't want to make a thread post just saying "this is my claim unvote me gaiz" it would be one thing, though I still wouldn't get it, but his message also included reads on the people on his wagon.

this makes me feel like he's scum who's trying to instill indecision in town by claiming but also not claiming at the same time.

Not sure I agree with the Paperblade thing and besides if someone was to ask me the question "would Paperblade and SB bus each other?" my answer would be yes so it doesn't really change my feeling about SB. I'll let Paperblade answer though cuz if I was a Sesame Street character I'd be the REACTION MONSTER

@Paperblade- what is your opinion on kevin? I was pondering his avatar changes and realized that from the Frank Underwood avatar I can only assume that he wants to be called kevin again. You've been kind of wishy washy about him because you're like "NO WAY AM I CLAIMING TO THIS DUDE" but your posts imply you don't think he's scum. Also, you have in the past been critical of people claiming for no reason in OC so why aren't you yelling at people?

SB's posts kinda rub me the wrong way, there's a lot of posts where he's not really doing anything and his votes have no... no feeling, no backbone, like filler, up until he went on Rapier (which is a bit sheepy on Weapons anyway). If Rapier ends up town, I'd look into this slot more

Ciraxis is leaving his vote on an RVS vote without explaining, textbook scum play imo, baaaaaaaa

##Unvote, ##Vote: Ciraxis

##vote: Rapier

His explanation on his thought progression on Marth is too scummy to handwave. You brought up something Marth said on page 3 (the most recent at the time) in your first post, so your excuse that you hadn't read the most recent page until your second post is bull.

@Paper; can you clarify what you mean about SB? His posting style seems to be normal, where he puts upward inflection on everything.

@kirsche; I couldn't complain about his case any more, but Rapier is a common D1 lynch so I still had reservations about it.

##unvote

##vote: SB

I am feeling this lynch more than Rapier, in Duelist Kingdom even when he was struggling D1 he was still applying pressure and looking into people whereas when Eury's reply was alright he just shrugged.

Pedit: Baaaa

@BoldedItalics: If you could come up with this reasoning to vote SB, then you could've understood what Paper was saying about SB earlier, since what he was saying was very much implying the same. And I think, if you could've understood that, you could've made that SB vote a lot earlier since clearly you've been following the game and its not like you have bad comprehension skills, 8).

I didn't even notice the relation to Kevin...

@WoMC: Why is BBM scum? Pedit: Dat reaction test tho? Eury has reads they're just badly explained and outdated and the problems with SB don't stop at not having reads.

Marth's Baldrick case is ok but I'd still rather lynch Terra or SB.

Bets on how many posts I'm going to make this game? I'm going with 139.

Proto if SB's posts look really solid what do you think of the other cases/suspicions on him and the people that made/hold them?

2) Really? Why not just slyly oppose it? They could come up with some reasonable BS like "oh he could just be ballsy scum" and sit in the background not really discussing it.

3) I want names because this is not true? FE11 had Vhaltz, PiG had life, encounter had ???

4) Claiming Masons as scum is pointlessly risky if your partner outs as then you're both incriminated if one of you dies.

If this is at me I gave 4 scumreads so idk what you're talking about. To iterate: Rapier-SB-Terra-Ciraxis (BBM is super townie). That reminds me:

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

I don't know about Proto dude, but I couldn't get any of the non BBM cases. Maybe you guys should like, get better.

2) That's possible, but I'd expect town to have a similar reaction, so it's not going to be very telling.

3) The last two games I played on Smogon were led by mafia. FE11/Encounter weren't because the scumteams like, were bad. You never want a town leader as scum; obviously scum isn't going to like, try to lead all of the time, but it's just one method they can use to prevent that from happening.

4) This is pointless conjecture as your partner hasn't even outed themselves, dude.

Yeah uh, I kind of forgot about that. My bad on that one, man.

Maybe Rapier but his posts recently haven't been too bad.

Refa when you wake up can you do a reads post?

Bluedoom- Null dude, read depends on how he pursues his cases.

Weapons- Town dude.

SB- Town dude, but BBM brought up some good points so maybe closer to null at this point, man.

Kirsche- Town dude, but before you say "why don't you claim to me, dude", you're not THAT town.

Bizz- Town dude.

Rapier- Scum dude.

Lord Gaius- Scum dude, although weaker because I'm not sure if my issue is like, just with how they play.

Terrador- Scum dude.

Green Poet- Town dude.

Eurykins- Scum dude.

I have not analyzed any other player significantly enough to have a read on them, so maybe they should like, do something with their slots. Didn't go into detail here because I like, already explained most of my reads, save for a few town ones (which I can probably elaborate on if anyone wants, but please don't because it's a waste of my time).

Poly and Randa have kind of disappeared after being active early on, so I'd look into those two. But SB/Rapier are the only people I've found scummy and have any interest in lynching.

I thought you had no problem lynching inactive slots before, so what's the hangup now?

I... don't understand why it takes less time to claim in a message on PM then it does to claim in thread? If he didn't have time to post thoughts on other people but didn't want to make a thread post just saying "this is my claim unvote me gaiz" it would be one thing, though I still wouldn't get it, but his message also included reads on the people on his wagon.

I figured it was because he didn't want his claim out in the open, dude. The only thing that confuses me is why his reads were in the message and not on thread.

Bets on how many posts I'm going to make this game? I'm going with 139.

I don't think you'll even make a third that many posts, man. It'll probably be like 42.

but like... if his claim is not one that is going to make via go ERRYBODY UNVOTE then what's the point of being so hush-hush? It just makes things more confusing

and besides if his role was a role like that, then the mafia would realize and hook/kill/whatever him anyways

Tbh I don't think Baldrick is bussing and tbh I think I want to lynch him today instead, but I'm just trying to understand his voting pattern though.

I mean he voted Rapier at a time when there was already a wagon and he wanted to get on to it so he just used Rapier's defence as a point against him but then he could've made the SB vote earlier so he switched to SB instead of keeping his vote on the Rapier wagon because...now it was possible to get the stronger player lynched? That would be the mentality behind his actions as scum in this instance, but I'm also assuming SB and Rapier are town... so hmm.

Kirsche, why do you give Paperblade a pass but not Terra? A major part of paper's posts is being highly vocal and agaisnt claiming to you, but he doesn't exactly have a read on you and everytime he talks about you its always speccing about anti-town!you. Except he doesn't want to lynch you today.

but like... if his claim is not one that is going to make via go ERRYBODY UNVOTE then what's the point of being so hush-hush? It just makes things more confusing

and besides if his role was a role like that, then the mafia would realize and hook/kill/whatever him anyways

I dunno, ask him yourself man. I can think of several reasons but it depends on what kind of role the dude actually claimed.

I don't know about Proto dude, but I couldn't get any of the non BBM cases. Maybe you guys should like, get better.

Whaaaaat most of what BBM has said I've hinted at way before then but then again you don't read my posts.

2) That's possible, but I'd expect town to have a similar reaction, so it's not going to be very telling.

No, town are much more likely to be more assertive of their opinion and actively discuss stuff.

3) The last two games I played on Smogon were led by mafia. FE11/Encounter weren't because the scumteams like, were bad. You never want a town leader as scum; obviously scum isn't going to like, try to lead all of the time, but it's just one method they can use to prevent that from happening.

Smogon has a more advanced and better meta than here.

4) This is pointless conjecture as your partner hasn't even outed themselves, dude.

Tru but they will eventually and that promise means something =)

Yeah uh, I kind of forgot about that. My bad on that one, man.

Terrible, claim to me to compensate!

Oh, I forgot about Ciraxis in my reads post. I thought he was a town dude, too. BBM's posts have been like, better logically, and there's nothing I really have any issues with, but I've also kind of forgotten how to read him. My bad, guys.

Paper is town because reasons.

There is a clear and obvious difference to the two though. Paper has talked about other people and is in fact voting someone else, he is expressing healthy doubt. Terra is just looking at me going "ZOMG total scum" and is now cult speccing to try and justify the ridiculous press on me which is going nowhere.