Famitsu 4th June Leak

Lushiris

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"What am I fighting FORRRRRR!?"

I knew that was going to come up eventually.

That's it. He better be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

Hey Vincent,

Is 撃破 a word that FE commonly uses to describe when someone is KOed, as opposed to 倒す or 倒れる? I wasn't really sure about that and thought it could possibly refer to some other mechanic we haven't seen.

Nyx's personal skill is 呪詛返し, but I had trouble coming up with a translation that sounded less awkward than 'Return Curse'.

I knew that was going to come up eventually.

That's it. He better be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

Either JYB, or they outsource Zero's lines to Canada for Lucas Gilbertson.

Either JYB, or they outsource Zero's lines to Canada for Lucas Gilbertson.

That works too Lucas Gilbertson is pretty underated as a VA. Edited by Jedi

That's not how to spell "amazing". Unless archers get +hit skills, I'm throwing him out on the front lines!

---

For those that didn't watch the My Castle video, Tsubaki's description makes it pretty clear that he's male. If anyone were to convince me to play Nohr, it would be Nyx. Cool personality, and better skill to boot!

Archers get a weapon triangle bonus against Lances so you're probably going to want to keep Tsubaki far away from them.

Is Nyx's skill that useful though? People thought Counter was not so great as a player skill and that was full damage return on the far more ubiquitous sources of physical damage. Plus, as a mage, she's going to have higher resistance than usual so she won't be taking that much magic damage to begin with.

Nyx's personal skill is 呪詛返し, but I had trouble coming up with a translation that sounded less awkward than 'Return Curse'.

Counter Hex?

Archers get a weapon triangle bonus against Lances so you're probably going to want to keep Tsubaki far away from them.

Well the weapon triangle has a bad habit of being not that useful past the first few chapters until like end game.

Is Nyx's skill that useful though? People thought Counter was not so great as a player skill and that was full damage return on the far more ubiquitous sources of physical damage. Plus, as a mage, she's going to have higher resistance than usual so she won't be taking that much magic damage to begin with.

it is situational but it is easily obtained unlike counter. Plus when it is mage vs mage every chip damage counts i guess. Edited by goodperson707

Assuming that this is like recent FE games, I should be able to throw Tsubaki out on the front lines, unarmed. This will allow his evasion to kick in! 'sides, why would I want to hold a 1-2 range weapon that doesn't double?

Her class looks like it's based on the Dark Mage class. Dark Mage bases have equal defense and resistance. Furthermore, Awakening's default Dark Mages had higher Defense growth. . .so that class was usually short on Resistance, NOT Defense. I think it'll be the same here, unless Nyx is some sort of catch-all mage.

A "fox spirit"? Huh. Looks like we've got spirit animals alongside...uh...dragon-blooded humans with manakete powers (I dunno what Kamui is now) for this world.

I believe that Belka's ability is Ambush (奇襲攻撃), which is not the same as Vantage (待ち伏せ).

Assuming that this is like recent FE games, I should be able to throw Tsubaki out on the front lines, unarmed. This will allow his evasion to kick in! 'sides, why would I want to hold a 1-2 range weapon that doesn't double?

Her class looks like it's based on the Dark Mage class. Dark Mage bases have equal defense and resistance. Furthermore, Awakening's default Dark Mages had higher Defense growth. . .so that class was usually short on Resistance, NOT Defense. I think it'll be the same here, unless Nyx is some sort of catch-all mage.

we have sorcerers base stats as well as Nyx level 109dark mage stats let me go check them.

Sorc bases defentily have more res than def. and she has def 4 res 8 yeah they changed the dark mages no surprise after awakening really.

her full stats are hp 20 str 1 magic 12 skl 5 spd 11 lck 3 def 4 res 8. Make what you will of that,

Edited by goodperson707

FOX SPIRIT WITH A HEALING-BENEFICIAL PASSIVE?

Welp, there's another one on the Favorites list. Dammit FEif, stop expanding that thing! It's getting bloated already and I haven't even met any of these characters yet!

Also, Hoshido, stop having so many awesome units. You make me doubt my decision to side with Nohr and that makes Elise cry :(

FOX SPIRIT WITH A HEALING-BENEFICIAL PASSIVE?

Welp, there's another one on the Favorites list. Dammit FEif, stop expanding that thing! It's getting bloated already and I haven't even met any of these characters yet!

Also, Hoshido, stop having so many awesome units. You make me doubt my decision to side with Nohr and that makes Elise cry :(

Nohr was secretly never relevant

I'm thinking dark mage will just be the basic magic unit for Nohr, while Hoshido gets spellcasters, with standard mages simply not being in this game.

i was thinking around those same lines as well. Though i kinda wonder what stats spelllcasters are good at. I can't get anything out of tsukuyomi. Maybe higher skill i guess?

The voice acting info is making me hope that Luna ends up being the Zeke of this game.

Not impossible, considering that Severa's solo ending has her go on a journey alone (though she does return home once a year to see her parents).

Oh there's a leak already.

I'll have to take a closer look when I get home but the fox spirit looks cool. Nice break from the traditionally female shapeshifters I guess?

Not impossible, considering that Severa's solo ending has her go on a journey alone (though she does return home once a year to see her parents).

This is what I thought when I first saw her...

I was really hoping they would completely disconnect it from the previous game, but I guess not? We'll see how it goes. It still can be a very heavy handed reference, I guess...

Oh there's a leak already.

I'll have to take a closer look when I get home but the fox spirit looks cool. Nice break from the traditionally female shapeshifters I guess?

traditional? The mainly female shifters didn't really happen till fe 6 i think.

In fe 1/3 we had tiki and bantu, actually if you count Xane we had 2-1 for the males. Fa makes 2-2 or 1-2 for the females. 7 didnt have any but it even out if you added ninian and nils. 8 had myrth (but the only other manakete was male) so 2-3 2-4 for the females. Really only game it was really in was awakening. Really it is kinda overblown.

Edited by goodperson707