SFMafia's Greatest Hits - Day 6

charlie_

But... There's a a lynch at deadline. I could've just waited it out and she would get lynched anyway. I realized that I've let myself sit because I hammer and I thought maybe people would interpret that as scummy. There's still too little benefits to outweigh the consequences of why I'd do this as scum.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually

11. A hammer is required to lynch. It takes over 50% of the total votes in order to hammer. Failure to achieve a lynch twice will result in universal loss.

There's wouldn't have been a deadline lynch

I think BBM brought up the idea of a No Lynch, or somebody brought up the idea of a No Kill (was the BBM too? idr) I dunno why he'd do that as scum but on the flip side BBM's pretty good at playing a neutral game so it's probbaly a nulltell at best. It wouldn't really benefit scum to have a NoLynch though when other killing powers are dead and a doc is still around

Thinking more and more about Marth's claim and it just sounds really weird but weird in a I believe it because it's so weird kinda way. I can't think of any Marth fakeclaims though to look back on, I've been diving into old games in all my spare time today to try to spot behavioral consistencies with scum!BBM or scum!Marth fakeclaims and I'm just not seeing anything

I just did an ISO of Gaius and for what it's worth the last time he really did anything in terms of a case on Hannah was a meta defense, then just sorta rode the wave of scum!hannah for a dayphase starting here but never really offered anything. It's a pretty noticeable tone shift from strong meta defense to "welp PoE means Hannah then Yolo" right after. I'm still leaning this

This post is pretty much a frustration at uncertainty with where to go because i'm more confident with this. I feel like Marth's play is just more lax than anything but the last time I remember this kind of play from him was in CYOURE where he was Dayvig and just kinda coasted until the end when he was essentially clear by role, and I feel like if Gaius is scum then his interactions with others point more towards BBM being a buddy than Marth

I still can't see Gorf being scum, I 120% believe Omega's claim and I guess because of that Snike is less auto-town on virtue of the idea of an ITP checker being real but it's still a given with the floored claims and all

Like, in terms of info roles, there's an ITP checker and a full time tracker, and not really anything else

##Vote Gaius

tl;dr

Town:

• Gorf (duh)
  • Omega (doc avenge my FAYZ nightmares)
  • Snike (riding that claim and info role game balance)
  • Prims/Marth (damn similar roles)
  • BBM (Townreading everybody else harder)
  • Gaius (yesterphase)

Scum

I mean you still haven't said why hammering is even worth it. There had to be scum intent behind something, and I literally can't justify why that's a good play in any way.

yes i did

"where?"

lol

the fact that you cant rationalize why you as town would (logically) do it is pretty telling in and of itself doe

Huh, I guess I was wrong about Marth claiming Vanilla in QPRogue? ugh. I really feel like I remember him early0claiming Vanilla as scum but maybe I'm mixing something up.

Marth's posts still read kind of meh to me though. He barely seems engaged in the game. but Zero read town to me and she has good interactions with Gilgamesh, I think? Gilg voted Dan over her on D1, but then voted her on D2. I'm not sure it really counts as a counterwagon because I don't think his lynch wagon picked up steam until after that post. However, considering he pseudo-defended her on D1, not sure why he would suddenly switch his opinion of her and then vote her, over Omega whom he was also suspicious of?

Weapons, bleh.

Thinking about it again, whether or not he's scum comes down to whether he was lying or telling the truth about not getting his PM. If he was scum his buddies would have been like "how come we only have a 2p scumteam" or "where's Weapons?" if the scum qt listed the members, and SB would have realized he hadn't sent a role PM to Weapons and done so pretty quickly. If Weapons seriously didn't get his role PM for an entire day phase then he kind of has to be town? And... I don't think he was lying. >_>

basically everything sucks and maybe the scumteam is elie/gaius. I would be in support of a massclaim at this point because I feel like it would help me rolespec and I don't know how else to catch the scum.

Gaius, who do you think is scum? I know you had tests and stuff, but I agree with Elie that you haven't really done anything much since J on D2. Like, you've had a bunch of posts today after the test and they're all just defending yourself and answering questions.

Elie I brought up the no kill first. Also, I have sad why town!me would do it, multiple times in fact. I didn't want to get called out for coasting.

i said "logically." it is, in fact, illogical to say that you voted hannah to l-1 when you did because you didnt want to get called out for coasting. that is illogical because that worry had never stopped you from talking about how useless your vote was throughout the game and it makes little sense that you didnt move your vote there when you realized j wasnt a play.

african american - insomniac 1 time vig

bbm - motivator

prims - lynchproof the Day after first scum is lynched + ??

yolo - super hated doctor

magnificence - something that essentially makes him vt

gaius - hammerer, deactivates once we get to lylo

elie - ??

do i have anything wrong in the above list?

Huh, I guess I was wrong about Marth claiming Vanilla in QPRogue? ugh. I really feel like I remember him early0claiming Vanilla as scum but maybe I'm mixing something up.

apparently Marf is listed as a goon on the qprogue spreadsheet when he was actually a super powerful JoAT thingy. I know he didn't claim until he got wagoned because eclipse CCing him was what locked the lynched.

if my role was ra'am I would claim it as soon as possible because ra'am owns (but it's almost similar to VOX UP so eclipse probably hates it)

I can't remember a game in which Marf claimed early as scum. To be fair his role does sound like a classic mafia fakeclaim, but I don't think my role being a counterpart to his means anything alignment-wise - I've had two roles be counterparts to each other in both town/scum and town/town pairings. And probably scum/scum but last I checked I'm not Marf's buddy.

Why are we suspecting Gaius? What?

What do we even get out of a massclaim other than Elie's claim?

Do we need to know Elie's claim? I've been townreading him for while but I'm kinda behind right now and aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i'm really inclined to think bbm is just scum and i'm overthinking it and putting too much stock in a gut read

gorf what did scum!bbm have to lose by defending hannah when she was a likely lynch anyway? it just means he's not tied to the wagon later on. scum don't need to push mislynches if town will do it for them

Gorf - yeah

Omega - unCCed doc with flavor I don't think SB would pass up

Protomarth Bluedoom the magnificent - ok seriously that claim was classic town!Marf and Gilgamesh tried to push this slot as a counterwagon to Gilgamesh's lynch. I really doubt this is scum, sorry.

Snike - meh I still don't really buy Gilg/Weapons being in cahoots but yes please read the thread and post your opinions so I can sheep them. if you're town then you'd be coming into the game with a fresh perspective that hasn't been affected by everybody who'd logically flip scum flipping town all game, unlike me

Gaius - all the reasons for suspecting him read like a conspiracy

Elie and BBM - PoE?

Gorf, why don't you want to sort out BBM/Omega today? My worry is that if everybody's somehow wrong about BBM, LYLO is effectively lost. I'm still OK comfortable writing off Omega as a legit option unless Elie claims a potential doc substitute.

I am going to be AFK for a while. I'll post when I'm back then start my re-read. If I'm not re-reading after that then just turbo me because I keep putting this off as I don't really know what's what atm.

WeaponsOfSnike, the ITP cop. I have more to my role, but I don't want to diverge that info today if possible.

Also, as for who I think is scum.

Yolo- Doctor. I guess he was playing in a way that wouldn't get him nightkilled.

Snike- I think the fact that Gilgamesh messed up with Weapons role is pretty indicating of town. Snike himself hasn't done much, so not out of the realm of possibility, but less likely then the Elie, BBM, or Marth.

Gorf- Shot Gilgamesh. I kinda forgot this when making my initial would not lynch post.

Prims- Strongest Town read that's not backed by role related/interactions stuff.

Marth- I don't think that Zero's play screams town like some of you all think. I also don't have Prims meta read on his claim. Seemed like a safe way to get claim as scum.

Elie- I know I haven't done much of anything, but I've been really busy and considered subbing out. It feels like you jumped on Gorf's case really fast. This all came over something that I still can't see justifying me as scum.

BBM- PoE. Null read, but the best I got. Nobody is super scummy in the game at this point.

So Marth/Elie/BBM for me. Need more time and I'll try and focus down on them.

I wish I had time to really analyze ISOs and stuff right now. I'm gonna try and deduce who makes sense as buddies of those 3. Does anyone know when deadline is?

Gaius I had reasons to vote you as soon as the Hannah flip happened

Assist phase ends in about 25-30 hrs?

If we are massclaiming I can claim but I don't think it's gonna shake things up much

Also I've been busy too (esp citing my d1 with the hospital and all) so I'm not calling you out for that. You've had a heavy density of posts though and there isn't much in them.

Also also I've done things as scum like literally the infamous dondont151 quickhammers with the intent to capitalize on the confusion it created so while I can see your justification for why your vote was from a town perspective I can also see scum motivation due to first hand experience. Im more agreeinge with Gorfs thoughts than leaning on it tho

i feel like dismissing scum!gaius and just calling the end of D3 coincidental is naive

i think yolo prims and snike are fine.

after enough thought, i decided its a bit of a stretch to think that yolos fakeclaiming that role, and it all makes sense with that play. prims is playing townie, and snike was weapons who wouldnt have made that play if he was mafia. to bbm saying that thing about whether or not weapons was lying about not getting his role pm determining his alignment... das fuckin cray and idk what makes you think that. hell ive actually lied about not getting a role pm to get a rise out of town AS town. hell id be surprised if sb actually forgot to give weapons his role pm after like 12 seconds cuz he mentioned that like near the middle of D1 and kept at it. no game mod would just up n let that happen if it wasnt supposed to happen.

i think elie reads as town but i wouldnt call him as swag cool of a read as prims, who id call fine. i dont understand any form of a case on em and would actually be interested in seeing one if one exists.

i STILL dont entirely see the case on bbm and honestly sorta refuse to lynch him. his role doesnt make sense belonging to scum and a D6 IS possible. i think bbm ought to claim who hes going to target toNight since a scum roleblocking role shouldnt exist anymore, and we can easily see whether or not he actually DID motivate somebody (if we ml toDay, we can no lynch toMorrow since itd be mylo and force a D6).

gaius is sketchy and there is effectively no reason to townread this slot at best, and prims is wrong and dumb calling the case against him a conspiracy. his role? yea its real as far as we know, but then again whod think to track/block/rape the proven hammerer amirite?

magnificence is who should be lynched because the slots mad scummy.