Signatures

CaitlynMellark

I found the image on deviantart, really liked it, resized/cropped it so that it can fit, and placed it in there, while sourcing the original artist that I got it from. I have looked into doing my own sig images from time to time, though I'm not necessarily a pro and don't practice it all the time (they're in my profile).

As for adding an image to your sig, you can literally just drag it into your sig from wherever it is that you're getting it from. I assume you use an image hosting site such as photobucket or imgur, which is recommended.

I mostly use mine as a repository of useful info since the majority of my time is spent doing Awakening gameplay-related stuff. Outside of that, just quick plugs for stuff I like (right now, The Stromlight Archive and Yooka-Laylee).

I just look up pretty art on the internet, whether that's through pixiv or pinterest or google. Currently it's pixiv~ as you'd be able to see from the source link ^o^

I wish I could get myself to draw more though and make nearly the same quality as the artists I follow. Then I could just use my own art without having to worry about whether the artist specifies they don't want their art used or not and seeking permission from those who specify they want permission when I don't even speak their language and have to grab a translator ;u; (though I have only done that once, it's just been me trying to avoid having to do that again because I feel like I'm bothering so many people~)

And of course the hunger game spoiler thing just relates to my thread is all

What is the inspiration for your signature on this site? Did you make the images &/or links, or no?

Also.

How do I add images to my signature? The img/img thing isn't working for me

[img=*insert image url here*]
Paste the image irl where it says above. Make sure your picture isn't too wide or too high

As pertaining to my signature, Karel plays a role in why I practice fencing & traditional swordplay

He's also one of my favorite units in the FE games.

I just mess around in GIMP with some image I like (generally of something I like) until I get something I think looks cool, and then change it whenever I get bored with it. Or I'll just nab a stock GIF or something that I like off of Google. Then I guess text is added at whim.

Sprites i made, or other people made. Random quotes and whatever strikes my fancy. Peekachu there, has been a part of my sig for years and years now. He never leaves.

Peekachu is awesome.

I have a policy of never using fanart that is not 1) drawn by me 2) paid for by me (or at least authorized to use in some way), so the majority of my signatures contain my own art. I think I've used like, Chris Hemsworth's face once, and a canon comic panel of Thor once. That's about it

also the dream of five banner because yes

Sprites i made, or other people made. Random quotes and whatever strikes my fancy. Peekachu there, has been a part of my sig for years and years now. He never leaves.

Well in a certain sense, he's constantly leaving and reappearing.

(I never learned object permanence as a child.)

i don't have one and i've also turned off signatures for everyone else.

muahahahahaha

but yeah i don't like signatures that comprise of mostly dumb quotes or images from animes i'm not familiar with so i turned all of them off. a good amount of sigs i enjoyed, though. but i don't really miss it so i haven't turned it back on for like 2 years now i think...

Either I take pictures from the internet and edit or just crop them (my Tychus set), take renders and make the background and all from scratch on Photoshop (never shared my works in the forums, since I'm very rusty and haven't done this in years) or I have friends of mine make sets for me (like this Kira Yoshikage set).

• 2 weeks later...

My signature has three parts, the toxic face image, the Eric Zimmerman quote and a Xenoblade quote, lemme explain:

The Toxic Face: It was a joke because I loved how Geralt's face in the third Witcher game got really F'd up when you drank too many potions, thus I used the line above it, even though the potions don't have alcohol in them.

The Eric Zimmerman Quote: Eric Zimmerman is a great designer who lives here in New York and teaches Game Design in NYU (New York University) and his readings were always interesting for me, especially the "Manifesto For A Ludic Century" essay I linked to, he's one of many reasons I was inspired to become a game designer.

The Xenoblade Quote: This one's easy, Xenoblade is one of my favorite games and Dunban is one of my favorite characters in that game, and I liked that quote.

Edited by Rxmonste