Trinity Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

Gonna sheep the above two cases.

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

[spoiler=Unrelated to the game]Funny how I'm voting her in both current mafia games I'm in.

I confirm that what eclipse said about me being in her trinity is true. I'm not sure if there's really no scum in our trinity but our trinity ability seems more like a town role than a scum role so I'm not really sure what to make of that and I'm totally not saying that just to get myself off the lynching block.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Vote: Mancer

I don't know what power Eclipse/Mancer's trinity has, but I don't buy the idea that everybody in that trinity is confirmed town. 3 players confirmed town in a 13p game would be way too townsided. I can't believe that SB would make a trinity where it was so easy to confirm the players as town.

His Tiny Goddess vote is a sheep and hypocritical to boot. I know Mancer was sick but he has no content on anybody except Clarinets, so him voting other people for lacking content sure is a thing.

Boron's vote on Tiny Goddess is a good one to try and get her to produce more content, and the bit about only dropping in to answer a question is a good point I didn't catch. However, I don't like the sheeping onto the wagon by Crysta and Mancer, because the vote isn't, like, THAT good. Tiny Goddess is hardly the only one lacking content; the main thing indicative of scum intent is only the last part about selective content. It kind of just seems like "oh I have nothing to say I might as well sheep the most recent case".

@Boron- Do you still think Roxas is scummy?

@Omega- Good point about Gaius, but again, he wasn't the only one townreading Mancer. So was Tiny Goddess, iirc. Is she scum too? And is Mancer town?

I want to see more from Shinori now that both of the people he was scumreading have flipped town. I really didn't like the Refa vote.

eh, I was rereading Crysta and tbf she mentioned not being impressed by TG in her wall post and then wanting to poke more at her in her last post yesterday, so I can see the thought process behind thinking it was a good enough vote to automatically sheep.

Crysta, what is your opinion on Gaius? I don't think he was in your wallpost.

@SB- Tiny Goddess ISO link doesn't work; her name is listed as just "Tiny" rather than "Tiny Goddess". Also can you update the OP with who's subbed in?

@BBM: Yes, Archer is still scummy. However, I assume they'll either show up or get subbed out at some point.

Also, everyone who has a space in their name has a broken ISO.

@bbm

tiny goddess....meh. borons activity stalking but there could b a bunch of reasons she didnt post. crystas hopping the wagon as she continues to prey on weaker players as she did yesterday and mancer saying that hes sheeping a "case" is laughable. i see no substantive reason to think shes scum and see it more as a pressure wagon

mancers still foul and id b voting him if eclipse didnt cockblock the lynch. i dunno what to do about him cuz hes scummy but a credible slot is hanging an invisible reason in our faces. i was really hoping hed get vigged but alas

Looking at Lord Gaius's, reads his only strong read seems to be on YOLO and a slight one on BBM. His opinions on everyone else seem to range from either town or noncommittal. Do you have a stance on Mancer, because all you said was that you don't agree with the cases on him but he needs to defend himself.

Well I thought I explained myself pretty clearly that his cases weren't bad, and I didn't think he should be getting scumread. It was more of a null read, but he didn't have much content at all. Would not have supported a lynch whatsoever.

@YOLO: What exactly about my defense do you think is bad? I want quotes. You also neglect to mention me voting for you at all, for being guilty of what you accused Mancer of. One other thing BBM also mentioned, why don't you give any flak to Boron and TG who are both in the same camp as me wrt to Mancer in mid D1. You also have to take into account Eclipse's hidden info. There are reasons that Scum!Mancer isn't as clear cut to some of us. The one point I would concede to you is Mancer's sheep of Boron and Crysta, and again he's been sick and I don't think there's enough to substantiate a scumread.

Refa casing me for not voting Clarinets makes sense I guess, but I had a really shitty irl situation that prevented me from finishing the post I promised, and as I said I wasn't around for deadline. What can you do.

Shinori is really bugging me, because his Refa scumread felt like it was being different for the sake of being different and not just hopping on a wagon. He even said there was no scum intent behind claiming the trinity.

YOLO still bothers me the most out of everybody, his Mancer vote was the weakest like I said, I don't like his Crysta case at all, because there was nothing for her to work with at the time, and I think my position wrt Mancer is justifiable.

##Vote: YOLO

Well I thought I explained myself pretty clearly that his cases weren't bad, and I didn't think he should be getting scumread. It was more of a null read, but he didn't have much content at all. Would not have supported a lynch whatsoever.

Sorry Gaius, it wasn't very clear to me.

@Yolo: I don't see how I'm active lurking, or what point of the game you're even referring to. Why is Gaius worse than Crysta? And if you really think Mancer is scum, why aren't you voting him? The only reason you gave for your vote on Gaius is for defending Mancer, and you're still talking as if you suspect him. Are you not voting Mancer because you trust eclipse's judgment or because you want to stay on her good side? What do you even think about eclipse anyway aside from "cockblocking" the Mancer lynch? Is she townie or scummy?

gaius your defense of mancer was bad cuz it relied on a bunch of assumptions. its like you jumped into mancers mind and attacked me for potential reasons instead of just letting things play out naturally. im not pulling quotes. the difference between boron/tg and you is that they werent using a townread as a basis to scumread other people. eclipses hidden info didnt come into play til after you voted me

boron when i said activity stalking i was talking about how your vote on tg is cuz you noticed her not posting. it wasnt a serious comment. gaius is worse than crysta cuz i saw the latter make more of an effort to flesh out her reads throughout the dayphase as opposed to gaius who posted one list and has stuck to a static worldview of the game. im not voting mancer cuz while i dont do townreads i dont find eclipse scummy and assume she must have decent reasoning behind saving him

Hey future players, CLAIM BEFORE YOU GO DOWN. And FFS don't avoid the thread if you're in danger of being lynched and are town.

i was really hoping hed get vigged but alas

So was I, so that we'd have a bit more info in this phase. But now that N1 is over, and Mancer seems to have physically recovered somewhat, I'm a little less averse to lynching him. Still wouldn't want to, unless the only other viable lynch is a turbo/there's enough reason to think that he's a harmful third party.

I don't know what power Eclipse/Mancer's trinity has, but I don't buy the idea that everybody in that trinity is confirmed town. 3 players confirmed town in a 13p game would be way too townsided. I can't believe that SB would make a trinity where it was so easy to confirm the players as town.

I worded that a bit badly, because I was in somewhat of a hurry. It WOULD be insane for mafia to be in my trinity. I suspect that if there's anti-town in our trinity, it's a third party, because it doesn't clash so hard with the trinity power we've got. SO. . .you think that Mancer's acting like a third party? Because there's way too little for me to say yes/no right now.

This worries me a little. Is there any other things you'd like to pursue besides whatever Refa posted earlier? Call it gut, but something's bugging me, and I don't know why. If I ever find the words for it, I'll turn it into a proper case.

Gonna sheep the above two cases.

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

[spoiler=Unrelated to the game]Funny how I'm voting her in both current mafia games I'm in.

I confirm that what eclipse said about me being in her trinity is true. I'm not sure if there's really no scum in our trinity but our trinity ability seems more like a town role than a scum role so I'm not really sure what to make of that and I'm totally not saying that just to get myself off the lynching block.

Mancer, I didn't pull that stunt for you to make a post like this. I want to see reads on everyone that's posted so far, at minimum, with quotes to back it up!

On one hand, Elieson needs to post something serious. On the other hand, Crysta's lone D2 post needs a lot of clarification. I'm not fond of Tiny Goddess, but I think there's enough pressure there for the moment. The most interesting thing at the moment is the YOLO/Gaius back-and-forth. I'm not reading YOLO as scum, and while Lord Gaius' reads intrigue me (as they seem to be some sort of weird mirror between everyone else's reads), there's a LOT of defense in there (Mancer, Tiny Goddess, and Crysta, all of who need to post more).

So for now. . .

##Vote: Lord Gaius

I'd like to see actual content posts from the following:

- Elieson

- Crysta

- Tiny Goddess

- Mancer

I sheeped because if Boron hadn't made that post going into D2 it likely would have been me only it would have been a lot shorter. I wasn't lying about work being in fifteen minutes. I made it clear I was going in her direction in my prior post and I saw no reason I shouldn't help apply pressure before I went on my retail sales adventures. Alas, she still hasn't replied. Simply posting her other reads would be beneficial; I really don't want her to do what she did in D1 today and we find ourselves in D3/4 and still struggling to read her.
I was afraid Izhuark's slot might do a repeat of his Ragnarok Online performance, too, BUT HI ELIE WASSUP WANNA PLAY?
I have no idea why Mancer was confident enough to sheep when all he's posted so far is a crappy RVS case on a now dead townie. The content he posted in Batmafia was a lot better and he wrote it up at literally around the same time so I'm less inclined to believe it's just because he's tired and sick. It seems like he feels safe and that begs the question why?
My vote is staying where it is for now since I see little reason to move it right now. They both need to post. I don't think trying to get the newbies to post is 'preying' on them since I have a lot harder time reading newer players; I don't think I was riding hard on Clarinets, either, he sort of just disappeared. (If you're still reading this Woodwinds don't let me dissuade you from playing again pls)
@Yolo: Where does Gaius actually say he has a townread on Mancer? I've re-read him and while I concur he's went into more depth in his defense than necessary, I still don't see it as a blatant townread? The only thing I can find similiar to such is him saying he didn't scumread Archer because she was playing more like a 'survival-oriented' townie. A lot of it is non-committal but it is also his first post in a game with a lot of absent players. Genuinely nothing about his initial post set off alarm bells for me and it seems him townreading Mancer is what bothers you the most. I know you don't wanna pull out quotes but a general idea of where the words/idea IS would make me derp a lot less.
@Gaius: Do you really see a reason why Scum!Yolo would have cased/voted me that late into D1, though? It's the sort of thing that draws attention and I think that's why he may have done it (he complained that only Shinori commented) as opposed to actual scum intent to get me turbolynched or something. He's come into D2 using hyperbole but meh. I'm actually surprised you're still giving Mancer a pass (see: how he posted in another mafia thread at the same time versus this one).
- Elieson

- Crysta
- Tiny Goddess
- Mancer

- Shinori?

Since the two townies he was honing in on are dead and the thread really hasn't progressed much since the last time he posted, though, I admit I'm not sure how to prod him any more other than just getting him to post his thoughts about the back-and-forth. Eh.

For people using ISOs, if you replace the SPACE with %20 in the URL, and refresh, it should work. That's how I code my ISOs and they generally don't let y'all down.

DAY 1
Pg. 2-3
BBM called (me) out on trinity info questioning, which seems like instant mudslinging. He clarifies later on but you can't ignore what people churn out. Doesn't look like scummy play though, TBH. Looks rather townie, to apply pressure to something immediately.
Pg. 4
eclipse harps on Woodwinds for trying to discuss a game mechanic. While this isn't an inherently townie thing to do, in a game where a unique [but vaguely explained mechanic] exists, it's best to get that discussion out of the way as early as possible. Don't see justification for the vote, especially when she doesn't actually provide reasoning for disliking Mancer's reaction to Roxas. [RedFlag#1]
Woodwinds I'll call you Woodwinds all day m8 doesn't react to the vote on him in a bad way
Roxas acts panicky to a votewagon developing. A bit of rolespec concern here is reminiscent of FAYZ and the like, which he doesn't even know about. If he were scum, he'd have been wiser to just not get involved in this discussion. Plus, he's awfully new to be whipping out the AtE #NewbieMetaSpec
Pg. 5
Oh shit Refa claimed my trinity members and roles, which is neat since it's actually just the three of us. Well two of us because damnit.
Woodwinds continues to react in good ways. Why are people finding him scum again?
Crysta's fine.
Mancer calling out Woodwinds to answer a question and for inactivity is hilarious given the timestamp of Woodwind's very next post (the same minute). [Red Flag#2]
BBM continues to look town, and calls Mancer out for some inconsistent behavior.
eclipse's reactions to Woodwinds appear genuine. I don't like her response to BBM because you shouldn't have to say "don't share role stuff" so many times; you've already said it enough. Everything else is fine.
Boron sort of meta-defending Mancer seems like a casually reflexive read. IMO if she were scum, she'd be trying way harder to find a way to defend Mancer without bringing meta into it.
Pg. 6
[i just noticed again that Refa was dead and I forgot until I saw his first post in this page so I won't analyze too much about him anymore unless I see something associative].
eclipse can you please either just share your theories or keep your role secrecy to yourself? Also, it looks more like you're voting for Woodwinds at this point because you don't want to lynch an inactive and are generally comfortable with everyone else that is active. Your application of pressure is losing its effectiveness (and given the flip, I'm not sure I'm cool with where your vote was parked given you didn't really do to much no offense) [Red Flag #3]
Omega appears and immediately calls Shinori out for being afk, and questions Boron of all people for lynch material. Wat even is this?
However, I generally agree with your Mancer vote but plz quote things once in a while so I can understand how you're coming to conclusions. Otherwise I'll just sit here and assume you're potentially bussing your buddy and you're too lazy to come up with reasons and just #Sheep and this would be a really lame mislynch if you're town and mancer's scum. I'm willing to accept it now but plz fulfill your promise of providing quality stuff [some Kind of Flag worth pocketing for later maybe #1]
Crysta, again fine. Reactions seem good enough and also votes for Woodwinds for reasons far better than what eclipse has been doing.
Boron drops a Woodwinds vote for really early game stuff. While I don't think her vote is poorly founded, I don't think that these actions really merit a vote. However, given the game's incredible activity thus far, I kind of see this as a "I don't have much better" vote, but she just had to look really hard in it to find it worth actually doing. I like this kind of thing.
Pg. 7
Classic Shinori. Why didn't you like Refa's claimpile? Why are you actually voting for him again? You're literally voting him because he claimed, and for what I gather, like no other reason. Probably town (in part because the NoLynch suggestion was actually really townie looking) but come'on man you can do better than this.
Omega, you're considering consolidating on a townread just because of building associative reads post-flip? You are voting for her because...her post looks too town. I can't make sense of this; can you try to break things down a bit more specifically? If there's something that you want us to like, work with, you should actually give us something to work with. I'll gladly bitch at you talk to you.
Also for what it's worth there have been many games here on SF where people got mad salty in-game and turned out to be scum so it's worth considering, if anything else.
eclipse is giving me a headache probably equal to the calibur of headaches she experiences here on a daily basis. Sometimes I'm glad I'm just working under contract for SF and not an official mod
Pg. 8 + boron's Pg. 9
BBM defending Crysta seems unneeded but since I'm kinda doing it too I townread him again s'more
eclipse's crumb is pretty interesting, as I was sorta thinking the same premise that she was, about 1 mafia distributed among trinities. I think I'm starting to turn my read around on you for finally explaining yourself. In terms of actual scumhunting and gameplay goes, I'm still giving you a D for effort here. Your role crumb is the only thing making me not want to vote you right now.
Crysta provided scumreads and I can latch on to one of them. Not sure about her Shinori scumread, but I can see where she's coming from. Since Shinori and I are buttbuddies from years gone by, I think it's impacting my read of his performance but he's still looking town. If i wasn't banging him, I'd probably be thinking what she is tbh
OMEGA throws a vote on Mancer instead of Woodwinds. This is...intersting but justification would again be super cool since I can only assume why you're townreading the guy (well he's flipped now) but this looks like a last ditch effort to not be tied to a wagon that you were waffling on for pretty much the entire phase (since you re-entered).

FLIPS
DAY FLIP
eclipse camping on Woodwinds is bad bad bad and her application of pressure elsewhere is poor poor poor.
Crysta and Boron have decent justification for their votes on Clarinets.
Mancer, I don't see enough from him but I think he's struggling, just like Woodwinds was. How nobody Woodwinds got lynched beyond consolidation is simultaneously dumb and beyond my understanding; I'd rather have seen a turbo wagon happen at the end just to see the reactions of people before/during/after a completely random lynch. There was quite a bit of association to build on him though so I guess it kinda offered something to pursue at least?
No thoughts on TG, honestly in my entire thread reread I didn't notice her presence too much; active lurking? I'll sheep my Trifork Buddy here on this if anything else.
The rest of the votes were pretty randomly placed implying much struggle. I can't get much from it all.
Nighttalk & NIGHT FLIP
I subbed in and phase immediately ended before I could get a chance to really read anything. Refa dying interests me, because I'm gay for him but also because it's weird to see him get shot of all people. Part of me thinks that if TG is on the wagon, that she may have driven the shot on Refa. It's a fairly new-player thing to do; kill the person suspecting you. Depending on her team though, I can see them arguing for her not to do this. I mean, Refa was just an insomniac by claim at this point, he had to have been killed for an actual reason. Shinori hung on him to get lynched and Boron was in the middle of a conversation with him. Few other players on the roster I think would have told Scum!TG to not shoot Refa by means of associative gimping. It's all I can get from this.
Scumreads at this moment!
  • Omega (minor due to lack of explanations)
  • eclipse (general play)
  • Tiny Goddess (Combo of general play kill spec)

Day 2 coming next post; I've got a meeting about to start

Maximum Flakier. He's so flaky that even his sub flakes out.

Also, I skimmed through Elie's giant wall of text. I don't think I agree with him on eclipse, but I should also go back and reread the D1 stuff at some point.

Hey future players, CLAIM BEFORE YOU GO DOWN. And FFS don't avoid the thread if you're in danger of being lynched and are town.

Dead

This is clearly directed towards me so I just want you to know that I had school and didn't have time to claim or defend myself and I wasn't 'avoiding' the thread. Please don't make rampant assumptions about someone's play because, most likely, they had something more important to do other than play an internet game on a forum about a Nintendo franchise.

Dead

Not playing

When you sign up for two internet forum games at once and can't make time for either of them, that's nobody's fault but your own.

Not playing

Dead

When I have school starting 6-7 hours before the deadline and I wasn't aware the deadline would even be during school, how is it even my fault?

And I made quite enough time for this game and Batmafia when I actually tried to play well even if I was already dead so please just stop trying to defend eclipse. If you expect me to be on during the deadline of a game when I have school then maybe you need to have a word with an encylopedia about what the phrase 'school is important' means because you're completely incorrect about it.

And eclipse, I overreacted in my first post. I'm sorry.

Dead and not playing people, get out

SB, I apologize for posting pointlessly in your game but when people are rude to me, purposely or not, I deserve to complain about it.

Hey guys sorry i woke up super late so i didnt have time to post in the morning and now im out for dinner with my fam so I'll post more comprehensive later but eclipse do you srsly think sb would have a 3p pseudomasonry in a 13p game? Also earlier you were like 'i wont vote mancer YET' and now it's like 'it would be insane for mancer to be scum'? Also you were suspicious of clarinets partially for role reasons, can you reveal those now?

reminder that players have role pm's that they can complain in, that's part of why they exist

carrion

edit: also requesting that dead players and especially non-players don't post while the game is going, ty

Edited by Curly Brace

idk after thinking about it eclipse probably isn't scum just bc I can't see her defending someone so hard if she didn't believe it, but her actions have just been frustrating. Also I think she's just wrong about her trinity power.

going to look at the last page of posts more closely