Realm of Mirrors - Game Over

Grace

I'm not going to lie, I keep checking this thread, skimming posts, then going to do something else

Hopefully my motivation will return by deadline

nah i do this like every game.

I think i'll make a better post maybe at 1:00 PM or something. I feel like at this point shin and i have argued this to death. It's not the fact that you DIDN'T get via lynched. It's the fact that you didn't even MENTION the possibility of switching to via. Ocean sticking the vote on now does feel a bit weird to me. Can't really explain what i'm feeling though. I'm guessing you dislike the fact that i have a lack of conviction in my shin case. Can i ask you why having a lack of conviction is inheritanly scummy?

Regarding Freyjoudour (sorry) felt like their initital post was okay even though it did lack some explanation. I did let it slide though since i think they are at least semi new? Haven't read their later posts really though. Think I will go do that. Also will probably reread oceanbourne again.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This answer doesn't really make sense considering you implied that you did know Shin's meta? Even though you shouldn't have because you've never played here before.

I also dislike the switch from "Eli is null" to voting him immediately after Boron even if I don't really disagree with the vote itself? It seems really easy. What changed to make him a priority over your other scumreads?

Today feels really slow. I'm gonna go and reread Shin quickly.

Poor word choice. I was operating based on what I've seen thus far. Otherwise I really don't have any reason to have said "as always"

And honestly, I think Elie needs to commit if he's actually town. If he's scum, he could just sit back and wait. I don't really see him or Zero as having done much of anything, and thus the pressure is on for them to actually explain themselves, or they run the risk of looking awfully scummy. More so honestly than anyone I had pegged just since they're around to explain their own ideas.

so i've read freyjadour and while i guess his actual posting is okay the thing that kind of bothers me is the fact that a lot of his content feels taken from others. He does admit this but it does still bother me. Specifics include elie read and zerosabers read. SB also pointed out how it sounded like frey had played with shin before when he hadn't so to me it sounded like he just read "shin is hard to read" and went with that. He did say it was poor word choice although don't think we will get far with this. Gut feeling is telling me that his votes feel a bit opportunistic. Half his ocean vote isn't really justified at all, how come his reasoning isn't good? How he has he not justified anything? I thought it was okay not to justify since i thought he was new but now i realize that ocean pressure was building so yeah in this context it looks bad. He says he won't switch his ocean vote but after boron votes elie he switches his vote which doesn't really make much sense to me since no offense frey but i felt that it was obvious elie was inactive so why didn't you switch before? I'd probably say leaning more scum side. Having a hard time getting a clear read since he is new but those votes stick out to me.

still need to read ocean, jrpgs to good

the timing of Freyja's vote change is suspicious cause iirc you had a fairly scummy read on Zerosabers as well who also isn't here yet you still chose to go after Elie conveniently after Boron decides to vote for them

I don't think I'll be around for deadline either. I'm a Pushy, which is kind of like a follower/tracker from my experience, but instead of knowing who my target visited I get to know what kind of action my target performs. it didn't help at all n1 because I targeted Paper and got that he performed an 'investigative' action but he already went out and claimed Watcher so I don't have anything new to tell you guys

@Junko the lack of conviction isn't as bad as the feeling that you were grasping at straws with the Shin case and then even though you expressed a lot of uncertainty with it you tacked on another case (with Shin's stance on the end of d1 wagon and how he should've pushed harder for via even though he couldn't)

SF eats posts; I've been in the door for like 10 minutes and I'm speedreeding.

Questions for you when you get back.

1) What do you think about the wagon on you?
2) Thoughts on Junk's meta on you here? FTR, I agree w/it and noone else has commented on it to my knowledge.
3) I know you're going to be voting a major wagon for consolidation but if you were a governor and could lynch any player in the game, who would it be and why?

1. furiously backtracks to check wagon-on-elie

Eh just read 3, since it's two people I'm turboanalyzing

2. I guess it's fine, but the most recent SF games that I was in, I literally spent the entire game playing catch-up after Thanksgiving + Moving

elie could not commit for some reason i forgot and rarely posted and was found out to be scum

I was town in both; I was kinda able to keep up in BatMafia but TrinityMafia was a bit too much for me.

I dunno, if he wants to suspect me for this or not, that's his perogative, but I don't think it's sound logic to suspect me for. I've been regretably inactive though and that's middling in lynch-priority so I can't really argue against that.

3. after a speedread
Probably Freyjadour. His vote on me is pretty lame since

I am changing my vote though to Elie due to a general lack of participation and him lurking

isn't exactly founded on anything and if he thinks that it is, he should cite something to like, reinforce it. If you wanna lynch me for lurking, cool, but I actually need to be lurking to be reasonably lynched for lurking.

It feels really easy and of all the votes on me right now, his feels the laziest and most forced.

---

I'm not really bothered by Boron's vote on me since her statements on me make more sense. I'm a bit miffed at this though;

I know he's busy but he was around during D1 deadline and didn't even pretend to give content

I'm not gonna just show up after reading nothing and post fluff just for the sake of posting it. I wouldn't do that as either alignment and I don't think I'd do it as Elieson in general. I'm sort of avoiding the game but there's other things going on between SF article prep and overall holiday stuff that's just soaked up my time. Posting little nothings here and there is easy but making a post in a game requires a dedicated read or something and I want to be able to post something that's better than trash just so I can contribute to actual scumhunting. I'm not intentionally avoiding the game to lurk; I'm intentionally avoiding the game until I can devote time to actually reading it. Otherwise the only post ya'll are getting out of me is about how to clean Play-doh out of carpets.

Everything else in her post-vote on me is decent enough and I'm not really gonna argue against it since it's all either accurate enough or too difficult to argue against since so little can really be proven with me posting jack-diddly thus far.

why did you target paper bourne? tbh gut is telling me this is a scum claim but don't want to jump to conclusions. I kind of skimmed your last posts and i giess they were okay besides the weird timing on the vote on me. I guess I can kind of see your reasoning with me being graspy and it is kind of graspy. I guess to clarify the thing that bothered me most was the fact that shin put paper on there as well when to me it was obvious it was a pressure vote.

Voting Elie is lazy because it's easy to call someone out on being inactive. Considering that (prior to his last post) Elie's posts were basically a line long each. I'm doubtful that those who had voted Elie found any scum intent in those posts.

iirc Elie was similarly inactive for the first two or three phases after subbing into Batmafia as town, so I can see this play coming from him as either alignment

I'm going to read Ocean's latest three posts now as it looked like today's consolidation options are either him or Zerosabers

re: mayor

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one mafia mayor on SF before. Dunno why I'm being auto-cleared for my claim, especially since my votes don't explicitly show up as worth two on mod-posted votals. The only way for people to be sure that my role is legit is to see me hammer someone from L-2 that I'm voting

Freyjadour's posts are solid. I'm assuming he's played mafia before but not on SF, so using general tells and rolespec like he's doing is what I would expect to see.

Ocean's recent three posts seem focused almost wholly on responding to people. His #459 and #460 are lengthy responses to Freyjadour and Refa respectively, and then he votes Junko based on (as far as I could tell) this one line:

yeah basically I didn't like #363 and I don't need to talk about his next case on Shin that Shin himself already took care of

I may be missing something but it looks like Ocean just spent the better part of three posts in responses and one line on a vague Junko vote? "I don't need to talk about it because Shin already took care of it" makes the push look half-hearted

GP, Boron/Cam weren't driven. Cam just has a redirecting role and so does SB.

I'm good at reading mafia games

I'm willing to consolidate on ocean. That claim just gives me bad vibes and it just feels kind of convenient that they targeted paper. I don;t even think paper was mentioned that much in their content. Just checked and they pretty much ask paper a question d1 and that's it unless i missed something. Also feel like we will get better interactions out of this. Also already mentioned that their end of D1 stuff was not good. Shin lynch is cool as well although doesn't look like that will happen so

##unvote

## Vote Ocean

oh nvm don't need to worry about consolidation, ocean already has enough to be lynched i think. welp idk what my vote then does lol, guess uh just respond to that ocean.

Makes it harder to switch if Ocean is scum and someone on his wagon is bussing him.

Anyways, I agree w/what you said about his role (w/the caveat that he should have targeted you over Via, since his scumread on you was stronger and Via would be more likely to be a passive scum role and/or ninja FHPOV considering the vanilla claim). Stay on target, stay on target...

Elieson is town, SB/Zerosabers are town if Ocean flips scum, and Freyjadour is scum if that happens.

I am here and will be here at deadline, random family outings are a thing.

The scummiest thing Freyjadour's actually done is the vote in Elieson, partly because of the timing and partly because it seems to have really lacked that much of a strong reasoning behind it. I looked back at his ISO and I feel that his earlier keeping his vote on Ocean despite the basis of the vote being factually wrong was … not very good. I don't really have an overall good feeling about Freyjadour, but I wouldn't lynch him today.

Ocean's claim is a thing, but I don't think it's alignment indicative. Also, I'd like to know your reasoning behind targeting Paper. It just feels a bit odd, that Paper claimed in detail earlier this phase and Ocean just happened to target him as well, so it's "safe". As for Ocean's posts, I feel that there's not a lot of … conviction? It feels like he's saying not a lot in a lot of words.

GP's dismissing all the votes on Elie as lazy is lazy in itself. Yes, it is easy to call out someone for being inactive, no that doesn't mean the vote itself is lazy. She says nothing about whether the votes themselves are substantiated or not. Don't like.

As for Elie himself: I don't mean to offend with my "not even pretend to post content" comment, but your commitment to this game is at an all-time low. I get that you're busy and I get that life is a thing, but when you can't even remember why you voted your previous scum read I question how much conviction you even had behind the vote. When you're away from the thread that long when posting on other parts of SF feels like avoidance and using business as an excuse. I've done this before as scum.

How much time do we have left and what are even votals?