QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

2 hours ago, Refa said:

Result.  Motive is important in judging character and who was "right", but at the end of the day, people are going to have to live with the result.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It absolutely depends on the context of the situation. Sometimes, the motive will be more important. Other times the result will be more important. And other time both will be equally important

Tbh, i don't have problem with fan service, like, at all. I simply don't mind it.

So yeah, it's okay, i can't think of any time in which fan service bothered me

Edited by Nobody

fanservice is okay if well-done, whether it appeals to a wider audience is irrelevant

in fact, even if you don't consider fanservice as just lewds, it tends to alienate wider audiences by definition

I don't care about a wider audience, I only care about myself.  Obviously, it's only okay if it appeals to me.

12 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't care about a wider audience, I only care about myself.  Obviously, it's only okay if it appeals to me.

actually i agree with this

it's only okay if it appeals to refa

The size of the audience it appeals to doesn't really make much of a difference to me

I think one of the biggest issues I have when it comes to fanservice is when it becomes too repetitive and doesn't really generate anything new or interesting

kinda like they're using something popular and then end up not having to put effort into anything original

I have veeeeeeeeeery little patience for dull repetition

There was a point in my life when I accepted that fanservice is everywhere in different forms and became indifferent towards it.

With that said it doesn't matter if the fanservice appeals to me or a wide audience, it's there regardless and that's okay.

When it gets too heavy, as in it starts becoming a huge part of the show, i find it annoying. If it is just a costume or the general outfit of the character i don't care. Recurring gag every now and then, don't care. In your face every 2 minutes, we have a problem.