Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Question, do we have any info on when/how we can catch the UBs? Also Zygarde. ALSO the Tapus.

Post game. You are given a limited supply of special pokeballs called Beast Balls. They have 3X catch rate against UB, and 1X against anything else. Any type of other pokeball has a 1X catch rate, including the Master Ball.

You get Zygarde by collecting Zygarde Cores and Zygarde Cells all around Alola. There's a room somewhere that lets you, when you get enough, make/switch between Zygarde 10% and Zygarde 50%. It has Power Construct.

Tapus are post game.

And also, I forgot to ask about what time in the game plot that you can get Key Stone to add it in the Z-Ring and Zygarde Core from Dexio and Sina at? Is it like it's somewhere in the near the beginning after the 2 hours, middle of the game, later, or is it post-game? (I did heard that Ash and Andre from GameXplain did mentioned that they didn't receive any Mega Evolution before the beginning of the 2 hours in their gameplay playthrough.).

I believe it is post game.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! While watching some gameplay, I saw that we have another returning character!

Professor Burnet from Pokemon Dream Radar!

pG4OpYI.png

She's researching alternate dimensions, and she's also Kukui's wife.

Liquidation? Whoops I haven't seen the new moves and abilities.

Either way, with Waterfall being 100% accurate now, even that's better.

Flinch chance ftw.

Post game. You are given a limited supply of special pokeballs called Beast Balls. They have 3X catch rate against UB, and 1X against anything else. Any type of other pokeball has a 1X catch rate, including the Master Ball.

Er, I was more meaning where honestly. I'd assume all around the region but I just wanna check. Edited by Emerson

Meanwhile I'm just wondering why Gen II was inexplicably unrepresented.

Kanto has 2

Hoenn has 2

Sinnoh has 1

Unova has 2

Kalos has 2

Like no Eusine at least? Something?

Maybe Red counts for Gen II since he was a boss in that or something?

IDK, it is weird.

more Johto remakes confirmed

more Johto remakes confirmed

You don't joke about this. :P

HGSS are pretty much regarded as the pinnacle Pokemon games.

I still remember the hype when they were revealed. It still is my favorite day as a Pokemon fan.

What is Dugtrio's virtue that puts it into a suspect list?

Essentially because Arena Trap. Its fast enough to outspeed most of its target, and 80 ATK is carried by EQ base power so that it can do its job at reasonable opponent HP range.

Combine this with stuff like Volt Turn, and/or paired with pokemon who is extremely strong, but happen to have one particular pokemon that stops them cold. In Stall this means killing Heatran and Bandtar, or Mega Diancie for free

Obviously something like this will get even more broken as you get newer gens. The closest reasoning that Dugtrio got buffed is the Tapu Grass, but its quite a questionable move from gamefreak to begin with since Tapu Grass with its potential base 280 Attack is the exact example of those pokemon who is extremely strong but happen to have one mon that stops it cold

252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Grass Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 169-200 (52.1 - 61.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Edited by JSND

Oooh! While watching some gameplay, I saw that we have another returning character!

Professor Burnet from Pokemon Dream Radar!

pG4OpYI.png

She's researching alternate dimensions, and she's also Kukui's wife.

Did she keep her surname after she married him, or is Burnet her given name unlike the other professors who are normally referred to by their surnames?

For the meta its going to be in, it have a 137/80/100 bulk which is like almost Arceus level and 97 speed is over PriDon or something so just click moongeist beam + random coverage and blow down everything

Defensive Lunala is going to suck day 1 because that typing is bad, and it don't have roost, and for whatever this can probably do, you have Yveltal with STAB 123 BP Foul Play around the corner reminding Lunala how bad its set is

Have an answer for Arceus Extremekiller Ghost Coverage edition since its basically the biggest threat for it.

Lower meta is literally Dugtrio exist to render every single complaint you have about its typing moot.

Like the only difference between Lunala and Genie Dark is the fact that Dark is infinitely better than Ghost, something Lunala made up by having ridiculous bulk, Moongeist Beam, and everything else

Also comparison wise:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 301-355 (93.7 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs HoopaLunala Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 321-378 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs HoopaLunala Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 216+ SpD Mandibuzz: 258-304 (61.2 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs HoopaLunala Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 297-351 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO
In other words, it is stronger than Hoopa Unbound in the single niche that ended up banning it to Ubers(nuking with near unresisted typing) and did not miss any notable damage marks

So yeah this is definitely not going down, ever

Edited by JSND

Basically this. From an offensive standpoint, Ice types have received a nice buff.

Late, but theres literally no reason to use an Ice type in competitive play still, there is plenty of use for their moves. But in terms of pokemon in the type. No, outside of like Kyurem.

Weavile and Kyurem is super good so its kinda ok

And yeah this includes OG Kyurem. Theres something really satisfying that comes from clicking Ice Beam on Kyurem and watching things die

Honestly Abomasnow being what it is right now the most ridiculous thing gamefreak ever done. Such a ridiculously good pokemon, except that stats is comparable to Glalie of all things

Edited by JSND

For the meta its going to be in, it have a 137/80/100 bulk which is like almost Arceus level and 97 speed is over PriDon or something so just click moongeist beam + random coverage and blow down everything

Defensive Lunala is going to suck day 1 because that typing is bad, and it don't have roost, and for whatever this can probably do, you have Yveltal with STAB 123 BP Foul Play around the corner reminding Lunala how bad its set is

Have an answer for Arceus Extremekiller Ghost Coverage edition since its basically the biggest threat for it.

Lower meta is literally Dugtrio exist to render every single complaint you have about its typing moot.

Like the only difference between Lunala and Genie Dark is the fact that Dark is infinitely better than Ghost, something Lunala made up by having ridiculous bulk, Moongeist Beam, and everything else

Also comparison wise:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 301-355 (93.7 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs HoopaLunala Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 321-378 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs HoopaLunala Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 216+ SpD Mandibuzz: 258-304 (61.2 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs HoopaLunala Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 297-351 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

In other words, it is stronger than Hoopa Unbound in the single niche that ended up banning it to Ubers(nuking with near unresisted typing) and did not miss any notable damage marks

So yeah this is definitely not going down, ever

So basically it's better to run a full offensive Lunaala with Moongeist Beam, Psyshock, Moonblast and Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Timid Nature and full SpAtck and Spe EVS.

What about Solgaleo, he seems to be a lot more viable with its typing and coverage moves. For instance, Flare Blitz, Steel Strike and a physical Psychic move make him intimidating. Plus its ability can help it make a better defensive pokemon ala Clefable with Cosmic Power.

Edit: also, pairing Lunaala with someone that can Psychic Terrain might help a lot to eliminate Sucker Punches. Maybe with the Psychic Tapu ~

Edited by Quintessence

Ey, what's this? A gamefaqs link from me that isn't about cringe factor?

List of the earliest encounters for every new pokemon + Alolan Forms, with Trials and other events put in place to give a better idea.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74545704

Kirbydude385, you have done a great service.

Looks pretty complete... Seems to be missing the mons caught by fishing and surfing though.

I think this is the best Pokemon game I've ever played in my life. The trials are unprecedented in the challenge and previously unseen qualities they bring to the gameplay, there's nothing that's particularly broken in relation to other good options (maybe Ash-Greninja?), the world is wonderfully complete and attractive, the story makes you beg for more... I can hardly stop playing. The fact that the interface is so convenient is icing on the cake - the abolition of HMs makes it easy to move around in what has always been a rather slow game series.

Ey, what's this? A gamefaqs link from me that isn't about cringe factor?

List of the earliest encounters for every new pokemon + Alolan Forms, with Trials and other events put in place to give a better idea.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74545704

Kirbydude385, you have done a great service.

So I get my first 3 before the Melemele trial, my second 2 before the Lana trial, and then I wait 'til the end of Ula'Ula for Mimikyu. Alright then.

I wish they also listed stuff for non Alolan pokemon/forms, but that's still neat.

Edited by Konnor97

So basically it's better to run a full offensive Lunaala with Moongeist Beam, Psyshock, Moonblast and Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Timid Nature and full SpAtck and Spe EVS.

What about Solgaleo, he seems to be a lot more viable with its typing and coverage moves. For instance, Flare Blitz, Steel Strike and a physical Psychic move make him intimidating. Plus its ability can help it make a better defensive pokemon ala Clefable with Cosmic Power.

Edit: also, pairing Lunaala with someone that can Psychic Terrain might help a lot to eliminate Sucker Punches. Maybe with the Psychic Tapu ~

Depends on Uber tier i guess. Psychock is probably better off replaced with Focus Blast or Toxic/W-o-w

That set is made if it somehow end up in OU, Ubers is much different

Solgaleo is literally just "This is Metagross where you can Flare Blitz Steel" theres not much to talk about that

I'm trying to avoid spotting too many spoilers, but has there been a confirmed list of version exclusive Pokémon shared/posted somewhere?

I believe it's something like this:

Sun: Ninetales, Flygon, Garchomp, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott, Passimian, Turtonator, Solgaleo, Buzzwole

Moon: Sandslash, Goodra, Metacross, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant, Oranguru, Drampa, Lunala, Pheromosa

Lycanroc formes aren't actually exclusive as you can catch the other form in the wild later on.

Sun: Ninetales, Flygon, Garchomp, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott, Passimian, Turtonator, Solgaleo, Buzzwole

Moon: Sandslash, Goodra, Metacross, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant, Oranguru, Drampa, Lunala, Pheromosa

Lycanroc formes aren't actually exclusive as you can catch the other form in the wild later on.

Kartana is Sun exclusive and Celesteela is Moon exclusive.

They're the UB-04's.

Ahahah! Sun got the best of the bunch! Glad to have Flygon, Whimsicott, Ninetails and Garchomp in my version!

Archen is a Moon exclusive? Gotta love having access to Archeops then. It's a pity you get it at lv. 15 when most of your team / trainer Pokemon you face are well in the mid 20s though... But once again, they actually balanced the game (even Ariados is viable).