Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I understand being hesitant because of poor sales, but seriously, neither game could possibly sell that bad now that FE is more known, more loved, and Ike just may be the most popular FE character. Also, throwing in a casual mode would probably help.

I definitely agree. Not only would the series' new popularity help but people would react to Ike because of his prominence in the fandom and Super Smash series. 

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Genealogy is 20 years old. They're still fairly recent in the series, they were the last "big" FEs before Awakening. They were completely in 3D also, so they're still rather nice, especially on emulators.

Emulators are technically illegal and are not official. I also don't think PoR's graphics have aged too well. The actual battles look okay, but the overworld map models look like N64 leftovers compared to other GC titles. In fact, this is where the theory that PoR was once the canceled N64 FE came from. RD does look pretty good though.

And like I said, a remake isn't necessary, just a re-release.

I realize FE4 and FE5 are much older and should be remade first. I'm just saying a re-release for right now should do.

I definitely agree. Not only would the series' new popularity help but people would react to Ike because of his prominence in the fandom and Super Smash series. 

Exactly!

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Birdy said:

Yes, it's very likely (I'd say 99%) that you get the hearts on a unit if you've favorited them. :)

I see! I wonder how you go about favoriting units...maybe if you touch them enough times and talk to them? I noticed there's an empty heart (lol sad) next to some of the characters when you tap on them to talk, while for others the heart is pink and glowing? Perhaps you will get bonuses when you use allies that have glowing hearts?

10 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

I see! I wonder how you go about favoriting units...maybe if you touch them enough times and talk to them? I noticed there's an empty heart (lol sad) next to some of the characters when you tap on them to talk, while for others the heart is pink and glowing? Perhaps you will get bonuses when you use allies that have glowing hearts?

Just so I know we're on the same page, you mean these hearts, right?

http://imgur.com/a/O6ZX1

I believe these ones can be created by just pressing a unit and pressing the favorite option (or something similar). People do it so they don't accidentally delete / feed those characters. 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Emulators are technically illegal and are not official. I also don't think PoR's graphics have aged too well. The actual battles look okay, but the overworld map models look like N64 leftovers compared to other GC titles. In fact, this is where the theory that PoR was once the canceled N64 FE came from. RD does look pretty good though.

And like I said, a remake isn't necessary, just a re-release.

I realize FE4 and FE5 are much older and should be remade first. I'm just saying a re-release for right now should do.

That's the idea. The problem is, even a re-release needs resources, and might steal the remake's sales later, so a direct remake is more profitable. A Virtual Console game may work though since it would be the same game emulated. Then, yes, it would be possible, since Nintendo already did this several times.

It's not clear if emulators are legal or not, downloading one is OK, the ROM is legal if it is made from your game (that's why we can speak of emulators but cannot ask for ROMs).

5 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That's the idea. The problem is, even a re-release needs resources, and might steal the remake's sales later, so a direct remake is more profitable. A Virtual Console game may work though since it would be the same game emulated. Then, yes, it would be possible, since Nintendo already did this several times.

It's not clear if emulators are legal or not, downloading one is OK, the ROM is legal if it is made from your game (that's why we can speak of emulators but cannot ask for ROMs).

A VC release is what I was talking about...

And emulators themselves may not be illegal, but the ROMs mostly are.

9 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Can't really say I do? Didn't spot any artists who have worked on Granblue (though I'm not terribly familiar with artists in general). Also these poses are far better than a lot of that Granblue has

Sorry, should have clarified I was talking about the chibi sprites, not the full artworks.

32 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

My bad, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted new games that would be identical to their originals. Sharing ROMS is illegal, but making yours from your physical copy isn't, that depends on the country.

I kind of DO want actual remakes, but I understand that it's not the right time for them yet and that a simple re-release on VC is more warranted atm.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I kind of DO want actual remakes, but I understand that it's not the right time for them yet and that a simple re-release on VC is more warranted atm.

Definitely agree. That'd drop the prices too. Seriously, it's 500€ for a new copy (sealed) of PoR where I live. Got my copy of RD for 60€ years ago too, and the game was used.

59 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Sorry, should have clarified I was talking about the chibi sprites, not the full artworks.

Oh, I see. Those are kind of similar I guess, though Heroes' are a grade or two... chibier? If that makes any sense. More simplistic with less detail, probably because they are smaller on screen (it seems)

Kind of a random thought, but how do you guys reckon Knives are going to be handled when Tellius characters make it into the game? To me, grouping them with Swords would make sense, and put them more in line with other Thieves in the series, but then Cipher instead treats them as 1-Range Hidden Weapons. I guess it kinda depends on if characters with the same attributes can still have different ranges.

12 minutes ago, CancerTurtle said:

Kind of a random thought, but how do you guys reckon Knives are going to be handled when Tellius characters make it into the game? To me, grouping them with Swords would make sense, and put them more in line with other Thieves in the series, but then Cipher instead treats them as 1-Range Hidden Weapons. I guess it kinda depends on if characters with the same attributes can still have different ranges.

fates is confirmed in this so they'll probably have the tellius and fates knives work the same

i'm guessing it'll be more based on the fates versions since those were significantly less bad

45 minutes ago, CancerTurtle said:

We've already seen the purple/neutral Shuriken icon for hidden weapons in the game (I think on a generic enemy Thief IIRC), my guess is they'll be lumped into there.

Edited by BANRYU

7 hours ago, Ebony said:

I think if I don't figure out another character  to vote for, I might just votespam Micaiah the rest of the time. Either her or Lyn.

The voting topic has a couple of requests (Arvis and Midir).

---

One week to go, guys.  Do you think the game will come out ASAP on February 2, or "well it's February 2 in Hawaii, so it counts"?

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

One week to go, guys.  Do you think the game will come out ASAP on February 2, or "well it's February 2 in Hawaii, so it counts"?

Not sure! I'm trying not to sweat the wait too much but I ain't got much to do so it's hard not to =w=;; (Sorry bout the Ike topic BTW, didn't occur to me to report it... ;; I'll remember that next time)

You're voting for green-haired dudes, right eclipse? Are Nino's twins getting any votes from you? o3o

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The voting topic has a couple of requests (Arvis and Midir).

---

Please, it's nintendo.

It'll come out on 2/2, with like 2 minutes left in the day, in the latest timezone possible