Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm trying to decide what to give Cecilia.

I'd go Iceberg if you have it.

If you want to give her Moonbow, you can. It isn't for everyone, but you most certainly can give it to everyone.

Also, making Cecilia viable? You sure about this?

Edit: Unless you have a cavalry team of course

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I'd go Iceberg if you have it.

If you want to give her Moonbow, you can. It isn't for everyone, but you most certainly can give it to everyone.

I think mine is -Res, if that makes a difference.  I figure I might as well try to make her good, since I need her for the mission. 

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm trying to decide what to give Cecilia.

Seconding iceberg. Moonbow should only be used on a gronnblade build.

Actually, moonbow is mainly for units that can almost OHKO most units, but miss out by 2-3 points of damage, which moonbow can then provide, like my Lilina.

Edited by Korath88

Just now, Rezzy said:

I think mine is -Res, if that makes a difference.  I figure I might as well try to make her good, since I need her for the mission. 

Herm

If she's minus resistance...........

Its not worth it unless you have a cavalry team. That rally resistance (maybe) and Escape route (definitely) can surely be more useful on another unit, non?

But if you really want to do it, Yolo Moonbow.

Are there any issues when transferring from an emulator to a phone? I just got a replacement phone today so I'm looking to download Heroes on it.

Edit: Note to self. Post questions in the questions thread.

Edited by immatx

11 minutes ago, immatx said:

Are there any issues when transferring from an emulator to a phone? I just got a replacement phone today so I'm looking to download Heroes on it.

Edit: Note to self. Post questions in the questions thread.

Looks like you caught yourself this time!

You're learning!

Also, reposition. Absolutely amazing. Literally made for some filthy strats in the arena, like stopping a pivoting Effie in her tracks by flipping Michalis in front and asking him to say hello. 2nd best decision in my life!

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Looks like you caught yourself this time!

You're learning!

Also, reposition. Absolutely amazing. Literally made for some filthy strats in the arena, like stopping a pivoting Effie in her tracks by flipping Michalis in front and asking him to say hello. 2nd best decision in my life!

Right?! It only took two months :P:

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Edit: Unless you have a cavalry team of course

Well. You know, Cecilia's a Raven tome user, and a cavalry tome user to boot! She's definitely powerful in the right hands. Cecilia has the perk of being the cavalry tome user that deals the most damage but comes average at everything else.

Anyway, I finished my quests. I grinded Sophia and Stahl until the quest is done, and having a spare 4* Niles and a level 40 3* Cecilia I got from a pull (which has +ATK) really helped me out. Subaki can jump and face off against enemies of a much higher level due to the innate triangle adept and QR.

I probably would give Cecilia a Draconic Aura... or maybe Aegis due to her low DEF. I would rather keep her Raven tome for colorless advantage.

7 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Well. You know, Cecilia's a Raven tome user, and a cavalry tome user to boot! She's definitely powerful in the right hands. Cecilia has the perk of being the cavalry tome user that deals the most damage but comes average at everything else.

Anyway, I finished my quests. I grinded Sophia and Stahl until the quest is done, and having a spare 4* Niles and a level 40 3* Cecilia I got from a pull (which has +ATK) really helped me out. Subaki can jump and face off against enemies of a much higher level due to the innate triangle adept and QR.

I probably would give Cecilia a Draconic Aura... or maybe Aegis due to her low DEF. I would rather keep her Raven tome for colorless advantage.

Cecilia is much, much better with Nino's Gronnblade tome, since she has access to larger buffs in the form of Hone, Fortify, and Goad Cavalry.

+Atk Cecilia with no skills besides Gronnblade+ has 48 Atk. Throw in Hone Cavalry and you get +18 Atk, since the Atk buff applies twice for a net +12 Atk along with + 6 Spd. Fortify Cavalry gives you 12 more Atk, and finally Goad Cavalry gives you 4 more Atk, for a grand total of +34 Atk, or 82 Atk. That's 13 more Atk than +Atk Nino with max buffs. Not only that, but as you mentioned her reach is significantly greater. Her below average bulk is less of a liability when she is capable of nuking a large chunk of the roster in a single hit.

And @Arcanite with few exceptions -Res is the best stat flaw a unit can have.

Edited by MrSmokestack

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

+Atk Cecilia with no skills besides Gronnblade+ has 48 Atk. Throw in Hone Cavalry and you get +18 Atk, since the Atk buff applies twice for a net +12 Atk along with + 6 Spd. Fortify Cavalry gives you 12 more Atk, and finally Goad Cavalry gives you 4 more Atk, for a grand total of +34 Atk, or 82 Atk. That's 13 more Atk than +Atk Nino with max buffs. Not only that, but as you mentioned her reach is significantly greater. Her below average bulk is less of a liability when she capable of nuking a large chunk of the roster in a single hit.

I know all the juicy details saying that a Gronnblade Cecilia would essentially be a powerful nuker, trust me. She just needs the right cavalry team to do it. :)

I inherited a Gronnblade on Cecilia just in case I do need one. It's just that my main team doesn't have another cavalry user, and my cavalry team isn't ready, with the main reason being that my neutral Reindhart is essentially meh without his brave tome (he's 4*). Because of these, I don't see a good reason to use Gronnblade Cecilia just yet. So, for now, she'll be my one and only raven tome user as a sole cavalry unit.

Still, thanks for the heads-up. :)

Edited by Lyrai

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And @Arcanite with few exceptions -Res is the best stat flaw a unit can have.

-Def is better on any unit meant to kill enemy mages on the counterattack, especially when Litrblade is involved.

-Spd is better on any unit that doesn't give a crap about its Spd, like slow Brave attackers and slow Triangle Adept tanks.

-HP is better on any unit that uses Ardent Sacrifice to activate Desperation or Vantage and has just a bit too much (41-43) HP.

There are a lot of exceptions.

2 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I know all the juicy details saying that a Gronnblade Cecilia would essentially be a powerful nuker, trust me. She just needs the right cavalry team to do it. :)

I inherited a Gronnblade on Cecilia just in case I do need one. It's just that my main team doesn't have another cavalry user at the moment. Since that also means none of the above buffs, I don't see a good reason to use Gronnblade Cecilia just yet. So, for now, she'll be my one and only raven tome user.

Still, thanks for the heads-up. :)

Ah ok, my bad. I wasn't sure if you knew or not, so I figured I'd play it safe and offer that little tidbit of information. Good to hear you did though!

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ah ok, my bad. I wasn't sure if you knew or not, so I figured I'd play it safe and offer that little tidbit of information. Good to hear you did though!

I appreciate it. I do have the makings of a tome cavalry team being Leo, Cecilia, Ursula, Reindhart, but they are not ready yet. If I do, they'll be a defense team due to its low BST. At least the dreams of the all-powerful team will not be too far off.

Edited by Lyrai

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

-Def is better on any unit meant to kill enemy mages on the counterattack, especially when Litrblade is involved.

-Spd is better on any unit that doesn't give a crap about its Spd, like slow Brave attackers and slow Triangle Adept tanks.

-HP is better on any unit that uses Ardent Sacrifice to activate Desperation or Vantage and has just a bit too much (41-43) HP.

...Which were exactly the exceptions I had in mind. 

Speaking of stat flaws, stats on certain units can have either a + or -4 variation, which can influence the unit's overall rating by 1 point more or less (i.e. +Atk -HP Takumi having 1 less point compared to neutral). If the overall goal is arena  scoring, I would take whichever spread that preserves or increases the rating (though that may not always be optimal, like +HP -Atk Takumi) even if a flaw in another stat is technically better.

Edited by MrSmokestack

@Rezzy My Cecilia has Glimmer and it works pretty well on her. She inherited Triangle Adept 3 and I plan to 5* her but she hasn't learnt it. Being +spd -res helps her to double knights and double some occasional slow foe. I can't wait to run my team of Cecilia, Reinhardt, Stahl and Abel. Ceci and Stahl have Hone Cav, Abel will learn Fort cav and Rein has Goad so I'm super anxious to release the beasts once trained.

22 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I appreciate it. I do have the makings of a tome cavalry team being Leo, Cecilia, Ursula, Reindhart, but they are not ready yet. If I do, they'll be a defense team due to its low BST. At least the dreams of the all-powerful team will not be too far off.

Wow full magic. I find this interesting. You'd need at least 40,000 feathers to give Ursula Blarblade+ and Cecilia Gronnblade+. Unless you're not getting them to 5 stars, and if you aren't this team looks pretty optimal.......

My reaction to your team:

I like that

Edited by Arcanite

So how far have people gotten with the hero merits? Anyone reached 500? 2000?

I only got 100 points for each of my 5* units so far.

Just now, Falcom said:

About 250 on my highest units. Halfway there to the 500 mark

I like Moonbow on Minerva because her atk is huge enough as is, Hauteclere is a thing, and it is exactly what she needs to secure kills on a bunch of non-TA reds

But I've still kept the default Astra on Ryoma bc it actually saved my ass a bunch of times

Other than Tikis, most of the things I ask him to facetank should be down in 2.5 Ryomahits, which means vantage oneshots from full even when you're not a green mage

which is hella nice

Edited by Thor Odinson

I finally got the 5 orbs from having Cecilia KO lv. 35 enemies. That was tough. But I've got over 180 orbs again! Tomorrow I'll do that Subaki quest for Speed +1. I'll give that to Marth for now since he's -spd.

27 minutes ago, Falcom said:

133 on Olivia and 93 on Lachersis. I was mostly training units today.

31 minutes ago, Falcom said:

The highest is Sharena with 169, then Catria, Eirika, and Michalis almost tie with 85, 84, and 83 respectively.
Lilina finishes fifth with 80. Honourable mention to Lissa's 78.

Yeah, not that much at all. I was mostly doing arena and leveling up some lowbies yesterday and this morning.

On my team I have Lachesis with 217, Reinhardt with 199, and Olivia with 186.

Incidentally this is the set of characters I use to babysit all my newbies. Minerva has 111 because I was just training a dupe of hers for merging.

Then it's Michalis, Jaffar, Nino, and Ryoma with 36-36-36-35. They're my arena team this season.