Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Are we talking about "big numbers that most people can pull" or "big numbers for the sake of big numbers that require a lot of finagling".  Because if it's the latter, -blades aren't even close to being maxed in anyone's calculations.

First, you need this set on an enemy:

dyolWzp.jpg

Next, you'll need the following:

- The -blade user with Defiant Atk
- Someone else with Harsh Command

Have the -blade user eat an attack from this enemy.  Then, get -blade user into Defiant Atk range.  Use Harsh Command to turn the debuffs into buffs.  That's +35 on the -blade user, before Spur Attack is factored in.

Now I need to lie down again.  Can't stay awake to save my life.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So I'm working on a -Atk/+Spd Selena build. (Because the point of the Atk stat is to get it as low as possible, right?) And it's actually looking surprisingly decent. Might well be the only kind of build where Aether puts in work---both as an offensive special to 1HKO ranged greens, and defensively to heal up if QR is used rather than renewal.

Pity +3 speed is mandatory to not get her ass doubled by the glassiest-cannons.jpg, but 41 is a dayum good speed tier.

Edit: Hector manages to do all of 8 damage with Life and Death, everyone else is laughed off.

Double Edit: Ugh, damn, looks like Fury 3 is mandatory in order to wall some of the stronger reds. L&D + Brave-sword stronk.

Triple-Edit: You know what, I think I'll give up on walling every single red---there's no need to defend against people Klein etc. can 1 round without trouble, Selena can go in afterwards. This'll let her drop fury for better sustain. (Selena CAN hard wall all possible red variants, but it sacrifices too much of her sustained tankiness.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Well, I got my Cecilia quest finished.  I didn't end up giving her a Special, but I have a level 33 Cecilia ready to go, should I ever want to use her.

Now to start Subaki's quest.  Why are all the low level strata nothing but Archers and Green Units?

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, I got my Cecilia quest finished.  I didn't end up giving her a Special, but I have a level 33 Cecilia ready to go, should I ever want to use her.

Now to start Subaki's quest.  Why are all the low level strata nothing but Archers and Green Units?

Too ez for Subaki. The thing about Subaki is that his Def is so good that Archers and Greens still do single digit damage to him. His Atk often causes him to do 0 damage as well, however, which is the bigger problem.

Edit: I have no idea how I misspelled problem that badly.

Edited by DehNutCase

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Are we talking about "big numbers that most people can pull" or "big numbers for the sake of big numbers that require a lot of finagling".  Because if it's the latter, -blades aren't even close to being maxed in anyone's calculations.

dyolWzp.jpg

Have the -blade user eat an attack from this enemy.  Then, get -blade user into Defiant Atk range.  Use Harsh Command to turn the debuffs into buffs.  That's +35 on the -blade user, before Spur Attack is factored in.

I honestly was not even considering using Harsh Command on an enemy thief for +7 def/res to a blade user :O

Unfortunately though, I still couldn't get a blade user to go higher than the scenarios on the previous page (Chrom's still the only one to pass the 400 mark like damn son). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Too ez for Subaki. The thing about Subaki is that his Def is so good that Archers and Greens still do single digit damage to him. His Atk often causes him to do 0 damage as well, however, which is the bigger pboelm.

Luckily, I have a -HP,+Atk Subaki.  I'm not sure if that's the ideal Nature for him, but it helps kill things quickly for the Mission.

@MrSmokestack So I did some new calculations of my own, and Chrom can actually go even higher than what you posted. 

If, instead of Kindled Fire Balm, you had an enemy afflict Chrom with Seal Atk, you could use Harsh Command (credit to @eclipse for the idea) to give him +7 instead of just the +4 from Kindled Fire. The rest of your calculations seemed solid to me, but just to review (calculations are against a level 1 -Def 4* Fae suffering from Threaten Def for a total of 0 def):

• +Atk Chrom merged to +10 will have 60 attack
  • Giving him the Atk +1 seal will bring that up to 61
  • Using Harsh Command on Seal Atk will give him +7, bringing him to 68
  • Stacking 3 Spur Atks on him via teammates will give him +12 for a total of 80
  • 80 x 1.5 (eff vs Fae) will be 120 damage
  • Multiply that by 1.4 (Triangle Adept and WTA) for 168 damage
  • Multiple THAT by 2.5 from Astra for 420 damage

In conclusion: 

Spoiler

Chrom is lit.

zhGeEYr.jpg

(art credit goes to https://www.pinterest.com/YunoAmano/)

EDIT (to avoid double posting): @SatsumaFSoysoy Isn't he great? <3

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

HE'S NOT. He looks cheap as hell lol. 40 Speed on Ryoma is actually ridiculous.

It's funny because that's not even a +Spd Ryoma (he's +Res/-Def. Not optimal, but hey I have a +1 Ryoma I'm not complaining) :P

I almost want to strap Life and Death on him just to see him be even more ridiculous, but I'm pretty happy with Fury 3. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's funny because that's not even a +Spd Ryoma (he's +Res/-Def. Not optimal, but hey I have a +1 Ryoma I'm not complaining) :P

I almost want to strap Life and Death on him just to see him be even more ridiculous, but I'm pretty happy with Fury 3. 

Pls stop

Well someday I'll pull like three Lucinas in a row, and then she will surpass the devil you put up as your poster boy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Pls stop

Well someday I'll pull like three Lucinas in a row, and then she will surpass the devil you put up as your poster boy

I didn't want to do this, but now I want to build up a +Spd Lon'qu and have him as my rep just to see how you respond <3

So... I'm going to train up a replacement to Klein, now, his -Spd nature is getting his ass murdered by way too many things.

My best replacement is Virion with -hp/+Atk, fml.

Edit: Actually, no, my best replacement is Nino. I'm going to train up Nino, forgot I had a good Nino (+Spd/-Res). Fuck Virion, fuck -Spd Klein (</3, I wanted to love you).

Edited by DehNutCase

35 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@MrSmokestack So I did some new calculations of my own, and Chrom can actually go even higher than what you posted. 

If, instead of Kindled Fire Balm, you had an enemy afflict Chrom with Seal Atk, you could use Harsh Command (credit to @eclipse for the idea) to give him +7 instead of just the +4 from Kindled Fire. The rest of your calculations seemed solid to me, but just to review (calculations are against a level 1 -Def 4* Fae suffering from Threaten Def for a total of 0 def):

• +Atk Chrom merged to +10 will have 60 attack
  • Giving him the Atk +1 seal will bring that up to 61
  • Using Harsh Command on Seal Atk will give him +7, bringing him to 68
  • Stacking 3 Spur Atks on him via teammates will give him +12 for a total of 80
  • 80 x 1.5 (eff vs Fae) will be 120 damage
  • Multiply that by 1.4 (Triangle Adept and WTA) for 168 damage
  • Multiple THAT by 2.5 from Astra for 420 damage

In conclusion: 

Reveal hidden contents

Chrom is lit.

zhGeEYr.jpg

(art credit goes to https://www.pinterest.com/YunoAmano/)

Nice.

With a +7 to Atk via Harsh Command, the new Atk values for Effie and Julia become 412 and 397, respectively. Quick note on Effie vs Draug, I forgot that applying Seal Def along with Life and Death would give a Lv. 1 2* 0 Def, so Effie's damage with the original +4 buff would have been 397.

And @SatsumaFSoysoy my Ryoma is +Spd with Vantage :D

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

dyolWzp.jpg

Wait this is someone's jakob. I used him during the gauntlet. Isn't it yours?

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I want a Ryoma... 

Actually nvm because FE14 sucked. I hope to get more 5* reds though! My Roy is kinda mediocre :(

The plot did, sure. 

But a lot of individual characters and character designs were quite solid, Conquest's level/map design was phenomenal, and the soundtrack is quite possibly my favorite in the franchise. 

And even ignoring all of that, Ryoma's one of the best sword users in Heroes, so...

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Ryoma rocks! I love him and really want him. <3 Though I don't like that people call him lobster lord instead of porcupine lord. I get where the lobster lord thing comes from, but seriously, he looks more like a porcupine or hedgehog with that hair! He's porcupine lord/prince to me.

IS plz give us Ryoma focus soon.

Also, finally finished getting the Speed +1 seal for my Marth. I also finally got enough SP for male Robin to give him Draw Back and now he's loaded on skills. Funny how he's the first of my characters to have all his skill slots filled, I honestly thought it'd be Freddy for obvious reasons. XD

Edited by Anacybele

I can't wait until I finally roll Hinata so I can have my very own Fury3 Vantage3 +Spd Ryoma

actually I just rolled Hinata on my alt. Limited trading when

(Fates plot is ;/ but I did like the characters)

Edited by Thor Odinson

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I want a Ryoma... 

Actually nvm because FE14 sucked. I hope to get more 5* reds though! My Roy is kinda mediocre :(

What's your Roy's Bane and boon?

Also I never played Fates but from what I hear, birthright i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶a̶r̶e̶s̶ is easier than conquest anyway.

If you say it sucked I assume you played it before, so what did you think about it?

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

What's your Roy's Bane and boon?

Also I never played Fates either but from what I hear, birthright i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶a̶r̶e̶s̶ is easier than conquest anyway.

If you say it sucked I assume you played it before, so what did you think about it?

+HP -Def. Well... at least the Binding Blade raises defense when attacked. Meh

The plot was bad, of course. The characters were pretty annoying to me but I did like Elise and Sakura. I kinda liked Keaton too. Laslow became much cuter

Map design for Conquest was good, although there were definitely some frustrating things like the wind chapter and the last few chapters... Oh well. I'm bad at the games anyway :P I only beat the three routes on hard

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

+HP -Def. Well... at least the Binding Blade raises defense when attacked. Meh

The plot was bad, of course. The characters were pretty annoying to me but I did like Elise and Sakura. I kinda liked Keaton too. Laslow became much cuter

Map design for Conquest was good, although there were definitely some frustrating things like the wind chapter and the last few chapters... Oh well. I'm bad at the games anyway :P I only beat the three routes on hard

-Def stinks but if The blade raises defense in combat then you can patch him up with the HP+3 Seal giving him 50 health!

Thanks for your opinion on fates, still deciding whether or not it's worth my time to play it lol.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

-Def stinks but if The blade raises defense in combat then you can patch him up with the HP+3 Seal giving him 50 health!

Thanks for your opinion on fates, still deciding whether or not it's worth my time to play it lol.

Ooh I gave it to my Caeda because she's -HP :P Maybe I'll give it to Roy. Dunno yet

Fates has a good soundtrack at least! You should listen to it. I spend way more time listening to video game music than actually playing games :P