Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Yeah, Hit and Run does look pretty interesting. Pity you'd have to get it off of a 5* (atm, idk who of these four would be changed to 4* after the focus ends).

On the Brave build...yeah, at this point I'll admit that I'm just looking too hard for people to stick it on. The requirements (+Atk, specific buffs, not to mention the sheer SP cost) are really high, I just wanted to make use of Caeda, which is maybe not at the top of most people's priority lists lol. I kinda do want to go run the matchups for Clair now though...I'm curious.

Oh...funnily enough, one of the builds on the Wiki for Clair is Brave lol. Idk why it's recommending +Spd though...

Drag-back performs identically to Hit & Run if you can 1RKO.

It fails to drag back into unpathable terrain is the one downside, meaning your flier won't move back if it's on a mountain against a grounded unit that lives.

I run Drag-back Cordelia because it gives her 'faux-range,' basically moving her to where Klein would be after combat. Better offenses at the cost of 1 square less reach compared to Klein.

Edit: The wiki loves +Spd builds because they enjoy hitting 4 times for 0 damage more than twice for lethal. It's the same reason Setsuna's so high.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I usually avoid skills like Drag Back on my units, because always forget about them, then they mess me up when I'm planning my turn out.

I wonder if we'll get an update tomorrow.  It seems Monday is a popular day for dropping stuff, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Wind tends to have the best AoE (+ shaped, then either square shaped or more damage.) Just take a look at all of them and pick the one you like most or is least costly to get. (Wind might be the best, but it's pretty rare. The Square version is Merric only, and the more damage version is Hinoka and Navarre, both rare units.)

I have two Merrics!

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I prefer Blazing Wind (Hinoka, Navarre) for the high damage and more conveniently shaped damage area.

Well... I guess I'll have to increase my second navarre to 4*... I'm not sure, but I'll consider the idea.

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I usually avoid skills like Drag Back on my units, because always forget about them, then they mess me up when I'm planning my turn out.

I wonder if we'll get an update tomorrow.  It seems Monday is a popular day for dropping stuff, but we'll see.

Drag Back is actually an awesome defense skill as it forces your units to get closer to the enemy until a ranged dude finishes off your units and you're done. Today I met an Eirika backed up by a Takumi and I thought about it, but then I splitted them and approached them separately because I was unable to one shot eirika.

Meanwhile, I actually found myself stumped by a rather ordinary team due to the enemy's position.

They brought an Eirika, Cecilia, Robin (M) and Takumi. Normally, the arrangement wouldn't have been that bad, but it was a forest-y map and the Robin and Takumi sat at either end of the battlefield. I eventually lost that largely because I couldn't quite get my own Robin to handle the enemy Robin and Takumi without getting caught by Eirika (whom Effie had problems reaching), and all the while, I had to keep an eye on Cecilia.

36 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I have two Merrics!

Well... I guess I'll have to increase my second navarre to 4*... I'm not sure, but I'll consider the idea.

Listen troy

I don't like going against Ice Dragon, but screw it and use those Merrics!

Edited by Arcanite

Drag-back performs identically to Hit & Run if you can 1RKO.

It fails to drag back into unpathable terrain is the one downside, meaning your flier won't move back if it's on a mountain against a grounded unit that lives.

I run Drag-back Cordelia because it gives her 'faux-range,' basically moving her to where Klein would be after combat. Better offenses at the cost of 1 square less reach compared to Klein.

Huh...good point on Drag Back. Admittedly I hadn't even thought of that (I've seen plenty of Drag Back fliers in the arena though...I mostly just looked at them and thought "well ok then"). The flier team I run borderline needs a lot of Wings though, otherwise I'd give it a shot...hm.

Edit: The wiki loves +Spd builds because they enjoy hitting 4 times for 0 damage more than twice for lethal. It's the same reason Setsuna's so high.

For laughs, I had a look at Clair's +Spd Brave matchups against reds (the whole thing was basically Brave, Life and Death, Desperation, and Luna)...the build write-up says she can "take care of" Lucina, Eirika, and Ryoma, but I literally have no idea how whoever wrote it arrived at that conclusion. She can 3HKO them without buffs, sure, but the author seems to have ignored the fact that unless she does have buffs, she can't even double neutral Spd no inheritance variants of those three...and buffs are never mentioned, so...lol.

The +Atk matchups don't look half bad though...cleanly drops neutral, no inheritance variants of common reds, and +Spd/Fury & +Def/Fury variants of all reds with Hone Fliers. Granted...you'd probably be better off using Cordelia or possibly Hinoka, so it's a moot point.

Edited by LordFrigid

*Gets 2,000 feathers from hero merits*
I could finally promote Nino to a five star.
*looks at 3* Robin(F)*

Nah. *promotes Robin(F)*

(I have an addiction where I prioritize promoting my 3* units over my 4* ones. Send help. I can't stop wasting feathers)

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

*looks at 3* Robin(F)*

Nah. *promotes Robin(F)*

(I have an addiction where I prioritize promoting my 3* units over my 4* ones. Send help. I can't stop wasting feathers)

I'll be free of this addiction as soon as I promote my six remaining 3*. (and I'll remain free until they release more 3* characters because I own every units that come as 3* and those 6 are the only ones I haven't promoted yet)

24 minutes ago, Falcom said:

*looks at 3* Robin(F)*

Nah. *promotes Robin(F)*

I'm fairly certain I've literally spent enough feathers promoting 3* units by this point to have promoted a 4* and a half tbh

22 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'll be free of this addiction as soon as I promote my six remaining 3*. (and I'll remain free until they release more 3* characters because I own every units that come as 3* and those 6 are the only ones I haven't promoted yet)

I'm in a similar way. If I wasn't finally telling myself to splurge on a few 4 stars, I'd probably still be promoting 3 stars upwards regardless of quality. Sure I will never ever use Donnel or any given healer but I mean I have one so why not?! 

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

*looks at 3* Robin(F)*

Nah. *promotes Robin(F)*

I do the same!  But it's to feed skills to my other units.

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

*looks at 3* Robin(F)*

Nah. *promotes Robin(F)*

The only time I promote a 3* to 4* is for inheritance, unless I finally manage to pull a Nino. Otherwise, once I hit 20k I promote a 4* immediately because I'm impatient.

The devs seem to acknowledge the viability of Flier Emblem, because there is a new set of quests for a full-flier team for total rewards of 4 orbs, 3,000 universal shards, and 3,000 universal crystals.

Edited by Vaximillian

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looks like we got a new quest set: Flier Mastery.

All of the missions appear to be "complete xxx with only fliers". 4 free orbs total.

Time for me to bring out all of my Hinokas.

Glad I didn't get rid of my -Atk Hinoka! :D

Also I've been training Cherche as well so this has good synergy with the new quests!

Just posted about what I did on the quests thread, but since it isn't being really used right now, I'll post what I posted there.

Just cleared the Flier Emblem orb quests. My only high level fliers were a 5* Michalis and a 3* Subaki, so they were carrying the rest of the team, while the rest were a Lv.21-23 4* Fiorina and 3* Cherche.

Michalis would have eaten arrows, had they appeared more often. Oh well, maybe for the rest of the quests.

Someone already posted there while I wrote this.

Edited by Zero1000

Those Flier quests indeed were pretty easy since I had a full team of fliers from the last time we had quests like this (though Minerva replaced Shanna).

I like that you only needed to clear the battle once instead of 5 which was usually required by the quest. It removes pointless repetition. Personally I wouldn't have minded if the "everyone must survive" clause was still around since it gives some difficulty, but eh, easy orbs.

I really hope we won't get armor version of this though, since that would be impossible for me.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looks like we got a new quest set: Flier Mastery.

All of the missions appear to be "complete xxx with only fliers". 4 free orbs total.

Time for me to bring out all of my Hinokas.

Sweet. I just got a 5* Cordelia recently. Time to build up my makeshift set of flier team!

I have Michalis, Narcian, Subaki, Cordelia, Catria, Shanna. I'll have to rely on Axe and Lances all the way.

Edit: Managed to get all 4 of them. 9-1 lunatic is a tough one with my team though. Glad that my Michalis took care of "himself".

Edited by Lyrai