Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Elieson As far as I can see, Catria is the only flying unit doing this in Heroes though. You only see Palla and Est from the front, same with Caeda and Minerva. But wow, that edit with the duel disk is really good.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It's a flier standard :X

I'm more chuckly at the Duelist gags:

Hide contents

63451fd91a.png

I've seen that so many times, and it still makes me chuckle. I'm impressed at how well it was edited on tbh. 

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Someone mentioned that Subaki is good neutral since he can't afford to lose any stats. I don't know enough about it, but I took those words to heart lol

Late reply: Seconding @JSND, +Atk, -Res Subaki is awesome. His resistance out of the blue flyers is already low and if you get his default skills, he'd just have his base neutral resistance. Give him Bonfire, perhaps a Killer Lance, swap out his A-slot, give him a C-slot skill that complements your team, and there you go.

Edited by Kaden

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Ouch. This is why i'm hesitant to sacrifice units i don't have duplicates of..

Speaking of, which is a better Est to train to lv35+? The neutral one or a -def/+res one? And in my other account it's either the neutral vs a -hp/+def (although have a feeling neutral one is better in this case(. Just don't wanna waste my stamina levelling up the wrong one..

Ugh I'd just use neutral honestly, Est is so pathetically fragile that she really doesn't want to be any more physically weak. 

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Ugh I'd just use neutral honestly, Est is so pathetically fragile that she really doesn't want to be any more physically weak. 

If its any consolation, I completed the quest with a 3* lv28 Est. You don't really need to train her up too much. She just needs other units to soften the enemy up. 

I know giving you 3 star versions of echoes units would be asking for too much, but celebrating the release of Echoes with the FE1 cameo squad just tickles me.

I actually have all these ladies already. I keep forgetting Palla exists, I have her in 3 stars but she just gets lost in the mound of 3 stars at the botto mof my list. Meanwhile Catria was my first or second flier, she was a staple on my team for aaaaages even with a -speed/+def nature. Est was also great until i reached upper tier units at which point she sadly fell off hard. At some point I got another 4 star est and 2 more 4 star Catrias? I think i've been pulling too many blues....

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Est is either going home or becoming skill fodder after I'm done with her though.

Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but it seems that she might be needed for future quests. That's what the in-game blurb about the Pegasus Sisters suggests.

IMG_1847.PNG

2 minutes ago, chirp said:

Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but it seems that she might be needed for future quests. That's what the in-game blurb about the Pegasus Sisters suggests.

IMG_1847.PNG

I know, I meant after I'm done with her for those too.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Catria isn't too good a character anyway so just use her for Luna fodder at 4 stars!

Rude. You're going to need stitches! - Oboro 2016

Catria's art is fine with me except for the butt pose. People say that the way her spine is curved is weird but I can do it in real life :o:

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Rude. You're going to need stitches! - Oboro 2016

Tis' merely the truth!

That's what I'm using both of my Catrias for anyway, hee hee hee

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Catria's art is fine with me except for the butt pose. People say that the way her spine is curved is weird but I can do it in real life :o:

She needs Oboro to talk some fashion sense into her!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I just saw Jakob in this game for the first time and oh my god he looks terrifying. I mean his art. o.o

I actually like the way he looks. Dark and Mysterious. He looks like he could be Sephiroth's distant cousin in his main pose. That hand on the chin though!

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Late reply: Seconding @JSND, +Atk, -Res Subaki is awesome. His resistance out of the blue flyers is already low and if you get his default skills, he'd just have his base neutral resistance. Give him Bonfire, perhaps a Killer Lance, swap out his A-slot, give him a C-slot skill that complements your team, and there you go.

I have about ten Subakis, so I'll see if he's amongst them xD 

I think I took it to heart since my main Subaki (my only one for a while since I've trained him from the freebie 2*) is a neutral and he's served me so very well :) I might 5* him sooner or later. Not sure I could get rid of his Sapphire Lance, though. That's seen me through some hard times... 

*Flashes back to Lunatic quests and rocks back and forth*

He currently has moonbow, I think, due to its short activation time. I seem to stick moonbow on everyone xD 

Incidentally, swap out his A-Slot to what, sorry? I'm rubbish with this skill inheritance thing. I've got hundreds of units and no clue how to use my spares, since I'm keeping at least one of everybody.

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's exotic.

I mean, you don't see "Nier: Automata" or "Xenoblade" without English titles (then the katakana under it)

Same with FE Heroes title screen.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem with that approach is that (1) the context does matter and (2) the language background of the viewer also matters.

It's not the shape of the characters that matter so much as how they register in your mind. Heck, you can probably get a similar enough effect in English simply by making the word "Tap!" cursive. It's something you know how to read, but don't read often, on a screen full of otherwise completely normal things.

Ah, I see.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, Catria's pose in her art is awful. She's practically showing us her butt cheeks for no reason at all.

I do like the art style but yeah that pose is really weird. Personally, the butt cheeks are not too big of an issue. It's how twisted her spine is. Like, is that even possible in real life.(Actually just tried recreating that pose, it did not end well to say the least).

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Catria isn't too good a character anyway so just use her for Luna fodder at 4 stars!

As discouraging as it sounds, that ain't gonna stop me from promoting her to 5*. Also never really seen myself wanting someone else to use Luna anyways.

The one time that I actually took a break from this game and this game decides to bring out the Echoes event. Wow. Where were you when I needed you the most?

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I do like the art style but yeah that pose is really weird. Personally, the butt cheeks are not too big of an issue. It's how twisted her spine is. Like, is that even possible in real life.(Actually just tried recreating that pose, it did not end well to say the least).

Some really flexible people could probably do that pose (and someone above just said they could do it too), but yeah, it's still a weird pose for that reason too.

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I just saw Jakob in this game for the first time and oh my god he looks terrifying. I mean his art. o.o

Have you seen his special art? His face is menacing.

Jakob's face for his normal attack reminds me of...

*Tokyo Ghoul story spoilers below*

Spoiler

Tooru Mutsuki after a plot point in Tokyo Ghoul:re.

@Cute Chao, the first Subaki I used was a  3*, -Atk, +Spd Subaki. It was terrible. And then 4*, +Atk, -Res Subaki showed up with Shanna starting a slow move to not getting screwed with little to no blue units that are at least decent. Meanwhile, archers and blue and red mages...

Subaki would get more mileage from Bonfire or even Ignis because of his high defense. Moonbow has a lower cooldown, but it won't do as much damage consistently as Bonfire would. With a Killer Lance, you'd be able to activate Bonfire every round of combat which should be more damage than with Moonbow or Luna.

For A-slot, you could give him stuff like Attack +3, Defense +3, Swift Sparrow 2, etc. Fury is good, but you run the risk of it taking him below Quick Riposte's threshold if you intend to keep it. Be sure to plan this out, though.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Have you seen his special art? His face is menacing.

Jakob's face for his normal attack reminds me of

Tokyo Ghoul story spoilers below.

Hide contents

Tooru Mutsuki after a plot point in Tokyo Ghoul:re.

@Cute Chao, my first Subaki was a -Atk, +Spd Subaki. It was terrible. And then 4*, +Atk, -Res Subaki showed up with Shanna starting a slow move to not getting screwed with little to no blue units that are at least decent.

Subaki would get more mileage from Bonfire or even Ignis because of his high defense. Moonbow has a lower cooldown, but it won't do as much damage consistently as Bonfire would. With a Killer Lance, you'd be able to activate Bonfire every round of combat which should be more damage than with Moonbow or Luna.

For A-slot, you could give him stuff like Attack +3, Defense +3, Swift Sparrow 2, etc. Fury is good, but you run the risk of it taking him below Quick Riposte's threshold if you intend to keep it.

I'm not a huge fan of Fury. The depleting HP always gives me cause for concern. 

I'll have a look through my flock of Subakis :D My current one has plenty of sp to learn several skills, and then I can merge him to the one I choose. I really like Subaki as a unit and character. Perfect pretty-boy pegasus ftw! :D 

Thanks ^.^

12 minutes ago, Falcom said:

As discouraging as it sounds, that ain't gonna stop me from promoting her to 5*. Also never really seen myself wanting someone else to use Luna anyways.

Like I said to GuiltyLove, if you have a flier team and/or give her quick riposte, then you're in the business

If you don't, I'd rather use Sharena and give away Luna to someone else.

Also I said she isn't too good. Didn't say she completely suck eggs lol

If you want to 5 star her, then that's good for you!

The boobs & butt contortion, while not entire undoable, is not exactly reasonable for a neutral pose to be in. There are certain mid-actions that might warrant such a contortion, but those are fairly specific actions, like throwing a heavy object in a very specific way.

I have enough flexibility to twist myself somewhat like that (not as extreme), but I can't hold it for too long, my feet needs to be firmly planted on the ground, far apart, and not doing that close together step thing she's doing. If i tried to do that I would fall over and I have fairly good balance.

Edited by Thor Odinson

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

The boobs & butt contortion, while not entire undoable, is not exactly reasonable for a neutral pose to be in. There are certain mid-actions that might warrant such a contortion, but those are fairly specific actions, like throwing a heavy object in a very specific way.

There's no rule saying that the idle art needs to be a neutral pose. She could very well just be in the middle of turning around from someone pointing a camera at her and telling her to look hither.