Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So I finally have a non-Neutral or non-Attack boon Male Robin! His bane is Defense though, which puts a slight damper for my tanking plans for him..

Just wondering, is Bonfire still feasible for -Def/+Atk? Or should the special be something else?

And for a tanking T-adept Robin, should I still train my halfway-trained up neutral Robin? or Is +Atk better now anyway?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So I finally have a non-Neutral or non-Attack boon Male Robin! His bane is Defense though, which puts a slight damper for my tanking plans for him..

Just wondering, is Bonfire still feasible for -Def/+Atk? Or should the special be something else?

And for a tanking T-adept Robin, should I still train my halfway-trained up neutral Robin? or Is +Atk better now anyway?

Just now, mcsilas said:

my M Robin is -Def/+Res and i've still had a great time with him. with T-Adept 2, swordus do almost nothing. i recall Lucina doubling him for a whopping total of 10 damage. not sure which Robin is better for you, but -Def isn't crippling or anything. Bonfire is only going to do 2 less damage with bane defense as opposed to neutral defense. (someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that's right).

54 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Just did a YOLO pull as I continue my quest to get Alm. 

And I failed once again.

This puts me at 220 orbs without getting Alm. This game seems hell-bent on keeping Alm away from me, all the while bombarding me with Eliwoods, Adult Tikis, and Hinatas.

As discouraging as this might sound. You might wanna give up on Alm. Even if it tempts you, you really shouldn't. Unless you can pay, chances are you're not gonna get him ever unless he can be summoned at 4* (but I doubt it since that's the case with Ephraim). Even I wanted Alm badly, but knowing my luck from the Blazing Shadows banner (in which I badly wanted Karel or Ninian or Rebecca and it took over 200 orbs only to get Lucius), I had to learn to accept that it's not gonna happen. Maybe if you start hoarding then it might be possible but still, your chances are pretty low.

You should still summon until you get a 5 star and then immediately back off. With 220 orbs, it'd be bad to walk away from a percentage that high. But don't go into the "I want Alm" mindset.

Someone should open up their own therapy business in which the clients discuss summoning addiction. I'll gladly be the first client.

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

my M Robin is -Def/+Res and i've still had a great time with him. with T-Adept 2, swordus do almost nothing. i recall Lucina doubling him for a whopping total of 10 damage. not sure which Robin is better for you, but -Def isn't crippling or anything. Bonfire is only going to do 2 less damage with bane defense as opposed to neutral defense. (someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that's right).

Yeah I'm pretty sure 2 less is accurate.

Also, my neutral defense, 5 star, T-Adept 3, Male Robin took 1 damage from an Eirika once XD

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'd prefer Neutral for maximum Bulkiness. 

Also, since he's already trained I'd just stick with it. 

Oh cool, thanks for the tips.

Well when I say trained, he's 3 star lv 33 while the new Robin is a new 4 star. I'm trying to get at least one of them to tank the Navarre ninjas better when I'm lugging F!Robin around.

Also just pulled a 4 star Selena with -Def/+Spd on a different account. @DehNutCase Worth it or fodder? 

13 minutes ago, Falcom said:

As discouraging as this might sound. You might wanna give up on Alm. Even if it tempts you, you really shouldn't. Unless you can pay, chances are you're not gonna get him ever unless he can be summoned at 4* (but I doubt it since that's the case with Ephraim). Even I wanted Alm badly, but knowing my luck from the Blazing Shadows banner (in which I badly wanted Karel or Ninian or Rebecca and it took over 200 orbs only to get Lucius), I had to learn to accept that it's not gonna happen. Maybe if you start hoarding then it might be possible but still, your chances are pretty low.

You should still summon until you get a 5 star and then immediately back off. With 220 orbs, it'd be bad to walk away from a percentage that high. But don't go into the "I want Alm" mindset.

Someone should open up their own therapy business in which the clients discuss summoning addiction. I'll gladly be the first client.

The money I've spent on this banner was from just participating in studies at my university, so it's basically free money. I'm not at the point where I'm throwing away my entire bank for this.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well when I say trained, he's 3 star lv 33 while the new Robin is a new 4 star. I'm trying to get at least one of them to tank the Navarre ninjas better when I'm lugging F!Robin around.

Also just pulled a 4 star Selena with -Def/+Spd on a different account. @DehNutCase Worth it or fodder? 

oooh. i was talking about 5* Robin, so what i said is kinda moot for this purpose. however, my 5* Robin has the same def at max level as your 3* Neutral Robin, and i used him on that map. the bottom right ninja does 0 damage to him initially, and 3 damage after being debuffed. the ninja's special does 5 damage initially. this is assuming you have T Adept 2 on your Robin, though. the problem i foresee is being able to KO the ninjas with Robin. if you just want to tank with him, he be good.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure 2 less is accurate.

Also, my neutral defense, 5 star, T-Adept 3, Male Robin took 1 damage from an Eirika once XD

so satisfying B). the whole reason i rolled on the pegasus banner was to get Cordelia and finally slap a T Adept 3 on there, and i actually got her, but now i'm...eeeh. i feel like T Adept 2 does most of what i want, and not having the third level provides a little survivability against greens. in an arena match a while ago, i accidentally left my Robin in range of an S. Camilla, but he scraped by with like 2 health because of no T Adept 3 :P.

but speaking of satisfying, i really wish they had that pitiful *clink* noise when an enemy does 0 damage to you. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

To be perfectly frank, Selena isn't suited to the current arena meta, so even a perfect one wouldn't do much. (She basically never gets doubled, and tanks like a champ, but a lot of characters can do that and kill things.) High defense units like Selena really want to have a BST advantage in order to juggernaught---leveling Selena in low level Strata is a breeze, for example, because she doubles things to death while taking 0 damage---but you don't get BST advantages in arena.

If reinforcement maps end up giving a lot of enemies with lower BST, however, defense focused units like Selena or Odin might become more viable---same for defensive skills like Noontime and Sol. But that's in the future, and not guaranteed in any case.

However, assuming you like using Selena:

-Def/+Spd is perfectly usable since she has so much def that it doesn't even matter it's her bane. (29 Defense with -Def, making it 29/28 bulk, still takes 0 damage from greens, +Spd means even L&D users have trouble doubling her, damage is unfortunate, but she's still quite good as a defensive pivot.)

Also, for fodder, 3* Selena should work better---she gives Threaten Spd at 4*, yeah, but threaten skills aren't that great compared to buffs, and she gives reposition at 3 already.

As ironic as it might sound, and despite the general consensus on "healers suck", Lucius just laughed at Robin's map. Pain chip, 38 res and martyr carried me through the map. Julia cleared the physical units, and once enemies' specials were ready for use, the rest of the team ganged.

Regarding Navarre's, Nowi and Klein killed everything. Subaki with Hone atk 3 rekt Navarre and then my Navarre killed the enemy boss.

The shards quest were pretty fun but I'm gathering feathers to promote Cecilia and Stahl.

22 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

AHAHAH I 5*'D CATRIA, BRITCHES 

I gave her my 4* Caeda's Fortify Fliers skill. Hope it was worth it

Well there goes that Luna fodder

Congrats! Flier Emblem has now become a thing for you!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Well there goes that Luna fodder

Congrats! Flier Emblem has now become a thing for you!

Frederick is my Luna fodder

Now I just need to get Michalis to 5* one of these days... or do something with Cherche/Bunmilla etc. I need Hinoka soon!

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Frederick is my Luna fodder

Now I just need to get Michalis to 5* one of these days... or do something with Cherche/Bunmilla etc. I need Hinoka soon!

Just Spam blues! One day you'll get her! And if you don't, you'll have a million Shannas, Nowis, Ests, Catrias, and of course Jagens!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Just Spam blues! One day you'll get her! And if you don't, you'll have a million Shannas, Nowis, Ests, Catrias, and of course Jagens!

I already have a lot of Shannas and Ests! :( I kinda want a Nowi because I heard she's pretty good. I don't really like her as a character though...

Also cute Oboro sprite :)

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I already have a lot of Shannas and Ests! :( I kinda want a Nowi because I heard she's pretty good. I don't really like her as a character though...

Yeah Nowi is just amazing

Especially when you give her fury. That's when it's really nuts!

A lot of people are bothered by her design but it doesn't really phase me. Besides, when you're a thousand years old, you'd want to look that young if you ask me!

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Also cute Oboro sprite :)

Why thank you! :D:

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah Nowi is just amazing

Especially when you give her fury. That's when it's really nuts!

A lot of people are bothered by her design but it doesn't really phase me. Besides, when you're a thousand years old, you'd want to look that young if you ask me!

Why thank you! :D:

I'm a thousand years old, and my body just doesn't look good in stuff like that anymore.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm a thousand years old, and my body just doesn't look good in stuff like that anymore.

Rezzy, you're only approaching thirty one..... you make it sound like you're nearing ninety five

36 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wrong he'll get a bunch of useless Oboros :P:

and odins and florinas

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Wrong he'll get a bunch of useless Oboros :P:

and odins and florinas

Odin is great for skill fodder, though.

Oh, Odin, why do you have the 3rd lowest Atk in the game?

25 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Wrong she'll get a bunch of useless Oboros

F̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶

O̶h̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶

Spoiler

Y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶

17 minutes ago, r_n said:

I would kill for more odins. I only have one and i got him in my last pull. Why does he have all the good stuff?!

They just wanted to be evil and say "Let's just give him bad stats and good skills so he balances out.........somewhat".

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

They just wanted to be evil and say "Let's just give him bad stats and good skills so he balances out.........somewhat".

If they did this with the idea that one day, Skill Inheritance might exist...

Well, Klein comes with fantastic stats and Death Blow, so I don't think they know the meaning of the word.

hggngnrh

i forgot that you still needed to win the battle to have quests count. After like half a dozen attempts, i managed to concoct a situation where navarre could kill level 40 navarre at the sacrifice of everything else. ALL FOR NOTHING