Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The main thing is that Nino and Cecilia happen to be green mages, and decent ones at that (Nino being better before inheritance), which covers Ike's biggest weakness: Mages in general, especially blue ones.

You can run Niles with Fury 3 and QR to counter kill mages, or Felicia, but neither has the same offensive presence as Nino or an SI'd Cecilia. If you can manage to pull a Soren and run him your team would probably get a lot stronger, too.

I have female Robin and Azura for blue mages. Both have Blue Tomebreaker (Azura got it from a spare female Robin).

I tried using Niles, I couldn't ever keep him alive. And he seriously creeps me out. Soren is a rare pull and didn't people say he was meh anyway?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I stand corrected. I've only ever seen Sheema as 5 stars haha.

I've pulled 4 Sheenas at this point--all 4*.  I just want a 5* one...

@Anacybele You can always log back in if you delete the app by linking to a Nintendo account.

Feeling burnt out about something is awful, especially if you feel you aren't making progress, so I can relate. Making an ultimatum like quitting the game cold turkey isn't a good solution, though. You really do just need a break, however long you need it to be.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have female Robin and Azura for blue mages. Both have Blue Tomebreaker (Azura got it from a spare female Robin).

I tried using Niles, I couldn't ever keep him alive. Soren is a rare pull and didn't people say he was meh anyway?

Soren is basically a slightly bulkier, slightly weaker Nino. He's great. (His spread is Tharja tier.) His skills needs more work because watersweep is total shit on him (Res is one of his best stats, and he also has decent speed to double people), but he's very usable if you don't want to use Nino.

Edit: The thing about Niles is that he has to counter-kill, and he can't deal with anyone except mages hitting him, so positioning and AI prediction (neither of which are that easy to learn), are paramount for using him properly. Hence why people suggest strong mages instead, since they have a player phase presence (unlike Niles).

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Did you ever get around to doing that thing where you post all the units you have and their natures in a spreadsheet, so that all of us here can contribute towards helping build you a team that may make your life easier for these GHBs? (Link it in your signature, so people can access it any time, rather than having to go back 30+ pages in an entirely different thread).

You've got a relatively small list of people on your roster, vs me with 150+. It shouldn't take you long and heck, I could build you a template to do it all so you can do the data plugs in about 5-10 minutes on a GoogleSheet

That would take a lot of work. I don't have a small roster anymore, I have over 70 units. Also, who said anything about GHBs?

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele You can always log back in if you delete the app by linking to a Nintendo account.

Feeling burnt out about something is awful, especially if you feel you aren't making progress, so I can relate. Making an ultimatum like quitting the game cold turkey isn't a good solution, though. You really do just need a break, however long you need it to be.

Break or not, I still want to quit playing for now. But yes, for however long I want to.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Soren is basically a slightly bulkier, slightly weaker Nino. He's great. (His spread is Tharja tier.) His skills needs more work because watersweep is total shit on him (Res is one of his best stats, and he also has decent speed to double people), but he's very usable if you don't want to use Nino.

Except like I said, he's a rare pull anyway and I don't plan on spending anymore orbs on the Radiance banner. Plus, if I had to choose between him and Nino, I'd pick Nino, no question. I don't like Soren.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...If I delete the game, I delete the data too. :/ I might want to simply go look at it once in awhile.

But yeah, I know, it is rather a shame. After what I spent, I couldn't do well...

As long as you have your Nintendo account linked you can get your data back as is. That's how people who have had to get new phones or delete the game because of glitches keep their original units. 

That's two out of hundreds of units that I decided not to use... Surely there are better options for me? And it isn't even just that Cecilia is too weak, I don't have the resources to use her. She requires some inheritance.

Oh no of course there are always going to be alternatives that work/you like better. But in a game like this you have to work which what you get until that better option comes along. You just need to be patient.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

As long as you have your Nintendo account linked you can get your data back as is. That's how people who have had to get new phones or delete the game because of glitches keep their original units. 

Oh no of course there are always going to be alternatives that work/you like better. But in a game like this you have to work which what you get until that better option comes along. You just need to be patient.

Well, I still don't really have a reason to delete the game if there's any chance I'll go back to it.

And I'm aware, believe me. I used Marth until Ike finally arrived, so...

That would take a lot of work. I don't have a small roster anymore, I have over 70 units. Also, who said anything about GHBs?

If 10-15 (since I underestimated your roster size) minutes or so is too much for you, then ok.

Also, you've historically had problems with GHBs. I'm proposing that if you make a quick table of your units, then if you run into issues in the future, you can just post "Help, I can't beat it. Here's my available roster. Can somebody help?" and literally, that's all you'd ever need to say when asking for help or at least venting frustration.

Edited by Elieson

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I still don't really have a reason to delete the game if there's any chance I'll go back to it.

The reason I suggest deleting the game is just to enforce the break for yourself and avoid the temptation to play before your break is over. I've had to do that in the past for things like this myself. 

7 minutes ago, Elieson said:

If 10-15 (since I underestimated your roster size) minutes or so is too much for you, then ok.

Also, you've historically had problems with GHBs. I'm proposing that if you make a quick table of your units, then if you run into issues in the future, you can just post "Help, I can't beat it. Here's my available roster. Can somebody help?" and literally, that's all you'd ever need to say when asking for help or at least venting frustration.

With the lunatic ones. Not the hard or normal ones. And I still have units that I don't use unless a quest requires them or something (the only reason I keep many of my 3 star units, actually). So someone could suggest a unit that I was never planning to use.

6 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

The reason I suggest deleting the game is just to enforce the break for yourself and avoid the temptation to play before your break is over. I've had to do that in the past for things like this myself. 

Perhaps, but I think I'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I still have units that I don't use unless a quest requires them or something (the only reason I keep many of my 3 star units, actually). So someone could suggest a unit that I was never planning to use.

We could suggest inheritance builds for your units (like, ways to make Fred or Klein more useful for you) if we had your full list though. Some chumpy 3* units that you'd never use might at least be useful for a unique and effective build on units that you do use.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

With the lunatic ones. Not the hard or normal ones. And I still have units that I don't use unless a quest requires them or something (the only reason I keep many of my 3 star units, actually). So someone could suggest a unit that I was never planning to use.

This is why it's always a good idea to have random units trained.

I have F Corrin trained up, but I never use her

I have Gordin trained up and I never use him

I even have a Felicia trained up!

At the very least, you're saying you never planned to use them as opposed to not using them because you don't like them. This must mean you wouldn't mind using them for just a little while, right?

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I tried using Niles, I couldn't ever keep him alive. And he seriously creeps me out. Soren is a rare pull and didn't people say he was meh anyway?

Soren's not that bad. My Soren puts in loads of work. Even with Watersweep. Trying to get Desperation on him. If only because the icon for Desperation matches the icon of Adept, which Soren has in Path Of Radiance.

Edited by The Lord Of Gems

^ My plan is to (eventually) train up one unit of every kind to lvl 40 4 or 5*. My favourites will (eventually) all be 5*, but even 4* units can be useful in the right time and place :) I never expected to use Bunny!Camilla but now she's one of my best, despite me not being a huge Camilla fan (I don't hate her, I just prefer Merric... and Merric... and more Merric. Sadly, he hasn't sprouted wings...). For now, I'm focussing on my favourites where I can, though ^.^

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have 48 lvl 40s and a dozen on their way :/

Should I call for help?

26 minutes ago, Elieson said:

We could suggest inheritance builds for your units (like, ways to make Fred or Klein more useful for you) if we had your full list though. Some chumpy 3* units that you'd never use might at least be useful for a unique and effective build on units that you do use.

Well, while I'm not giving Frederick anymore inheritance except for an Armored Blow 3 fodder, Klein is indeed open for business.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have F Corrin trained up, but I never use her

I have Gordin trained up and I never use him

I even have a Felicia trained up!

At the very least, you're saying you never planned to use them as opposed to not using them because you don't like them. This must mean you wouldn't mind using them for just a little while, right?

Yeah, but that would depend on the units exactly. There are only a few that I outright refuse to ever use for any reason (Camilla, Tharja, Odin, Lucina, Niles, Felicia, and maybe a couple others, but I don't have any of these except Niles), and a few more that I simply feel I have much better options than them (like, I have 4 star Merric and female Robin for green mages, so I never bothered with Cecilia or Nino who are 3 star).

6 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Soren's not that bad. My Soren puts in loads of work.

If I ever pull him, we'll see. At least he's a Tellius character. lol

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Should I call for help?

You're doing a lot better than me actually :D:

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Should I call for help?

Even the greatest psychologist in the world lacks both the time and crayons to help you :D

6 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

He's my favorite Tellius character behind Naesala.

I personally don't like either character much (though RD somewhat redeemed Naesala for me).

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It's too late. I'm sorry :(

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You're doing a lot better than me actually :D:

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Even the greatest psychologist in the world lacks both the time and crayons to help you :D

I like my table, colourful and shiny!

7 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Whereas everyone knows Rhys is really the best ;) xD

Kidding... though I really want Rhys in the game. Geoffrey and Reyson, too... Ahhh... I want more units out now! *Impatient*

10 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Whereas everyone knows Rhys is really the best ;) xD

Kidding... though I really want Rhys in the game. Geoffrey and Reyson, too... Ahhh... I want more units out now! *Impatient*

Edit: Double post is annoying -.- But my love for Rhys did deserve stating twice. And he's not even my favourite unit out of all of FE xD

Edited by Cute Chao