• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

I just imagined Sharena's "My turn~" line after you said that.

I always die of how adorable that line sounds. Sharena best princess, like, ever.

1 minute ago, Maymeimai said:

Caeda is my bootleg Eirika lol She already comes with rally speed, so I gave her fortify atk

But I love Caeda, and shes been really useful, at the end of the day, it all depends of playstyle (a lot of people just cant seem to work with her, sadly)

I also got two 5⋆ Caedas while hunting reds. Like really.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Why does it make you upset, it's quite a good build.

Windsweep let's her debuff physical units to get her buffs up, iceberg let's her damage, and high res and speed lets her counter-kill mages without issue.

You're missing the meat of build by simplifying it like that.

Rogue Dagger+ debuffs the opponent, making them easier for your other units to kill while simultaneously increasing Felicia's Iceberg damage on enemy phase. Windsweep lets her get this off for free against physical units and her high natural Res lets her get this off against magic. Regardless, she'll get anywhere between 1 to 3 charges on Iceberg on player phase, which is enough to guarantee activation on enemy phase if she double attacks.

On enemy phase, she can tank a hit from a slower mage (or a non-Brave archer) and double attack back with an Iceberg proc powered by her high natural Res, the boost from Rogue Dagger+, and the boost from Distant Def, totaling 24 damage. If she initiated combat against a magic user on player phase, that unit will still be under the effects of the Rogue Dagger+ debuff.

Threaten Spd is there to allow Windsweep to do its work against fast Distant Counter users (i.e. Ryoma) since you can bait the unit to end its turn 2 squares away.

8 hours ago, Fei Mao said:
  Reveal hidden contents

3tYjLl1.png

Weapon: Rogue Dagger+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Iceberg
A: RES 3
B: Poison 3
C: Threaten ATK 3

@MaskedAmpharos That's a nice Scathach recolor, you play Fate GO by any chance?

Hella late response (just got out of an exam), but...

Thank you! Credit goes to @Kon for the wonderful sprite work :D

Also no, I don't actually (because I don't know a lick of JP), but I'm a fan of the Fate franchise in general and definitely intend to play FGO once the English release comes out later this summer!

13 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Am I the only one who got pissed on thew new chance of demotion in arena tier? I wish they keep the impossibility of demotion like whe the game first launched

I'm happy with the changes actually. 

I've always thought that Arena wasn't nearly competitive enough in the first place, and this fixes that. Plus more rewards for everyone! You have to do really poorly to get demoted, so it shouldn't be a problem for most people. Not to mention there's a limit on how far you can get demoted, so everyone still at least gets one orb per week, which is a whole orb more than we used to get :D

Ooooh, I've moved up a tier :O Wasn't expecting that.

And Xander is now a bonus unit. Since he's become a staple, that's perfect for me :D

@MaskedAmpharos

Unless they use it as an excuse to get rid of the two dailies :/ Still haven't had them come back yet -,-

Edited by Cute Chao

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@MaskedAmpharos

Unless they use it as an excuse to get rid of the two dailies :/ Still haven't had them come back yet -,-

Shhhhhh let's stay optimistic until they give us reason not to. That's what I'm doing anyways :D

I'm sure once Echoes comes out they'll give out 2 daily orbs to celebrate. 

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're missing the meat of build by simplifying it like that.

Rogue Dagger+ debuffs the opponent, making them easier for your other units to kill while simultaneously increasing Felicia's Iceberg damage on enemy phase. Windsweep lets her get this off for free against physical units and her high natural Res lets her get this off against magic. Regardless, she'll get anywhere between 1 to 3 charges on Iceberg on player phase, which is enough to guarantee activation on enemy phase if she double attacks.

On enemy phase, she can tank a hit from a slower mage (or a non-Brave archer) and double attack back with an Iceberg proc powered by her high natural Res, the boost from Rogue Dagger+, and the boost from Distant Def, totaling 24 damage. If she initiated combat against a magic user on player phase, that unit will still be under the effects of the Rogue Dagger+ debuff.

Threaten Spd is there to allow Windsweep to do its work against fast Distant Counter users (i.e. Ryoma) since you can bait the unit to end its turn 2 squares away.

Well, yes. Windsweep by its nature also let's Felicia Iceberg nuke versus Vantage counter users as well.

But do remember that Windsweep prevents follow ups, so 2 charge is more or less the max during player phase. (Barring the rare QR user that's faster than Felicia, why is a unit that fast using QR?) Just realized mages don't need to be faster to QR her, brainfarted.

I kind of assumed that the debuff and follow up killing the physical unit is... obvious, since otherwise we have a dead Felicia once EP rolls around.

Everything we're saying is pretty much obvious from just looking at the build.

Edited by DehNutCase

Would -Atk affect Nowi too much?
I do want to use her, I like Nowi, but I feel it might hinder her a bit (-Atk +Def if wondering)

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Huh, this is the first game release during Heroes' lifespan. I wonder what the plans for celebration could be.

4 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I do want to use her, I like Nowi, but I feel it might hinder her a bit (-Atk +Def if wondering)

iirc, for the Adept Swordbreaker build, it doesn't matter too much, but you might want to run that on a calculator.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

iirc, for the Adept Swordbreaker build, it doesn't matter too much, but you might want to run that on a calculator.

The best part about that build is that everyone thinks forcing all Nowi to use up 2 skill slots just to counter a red is somehow a loss for Lucina and a win for Nowi.

19 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Shhhhhh let's stay optimistic until they give us reason not to. That's what I'm doing anyways :D

I keep forgetting that's out soon... then I keep remembering and celebrating... only to forget again xD

And yes, that's the perfect reason to :D

I just wish they'd finally agree to make the darn things permanent -.- Two daily orbs seems like a reasonable amount to me.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was asking more in general, I don't know what I would run on her, really, but considering she's more of a tank I was just wondering, so.

11 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Huh, this is the first game release during Heroes' lifespan. I wonder what the plans for celebration could be.

Technically, it's already been released in Japan, so hopefully some celebratory orbs and continuing the daily orbs.

A free Conrad or two wouldn't go amiss xD

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

I was asking more in general, I don't know what I would run on her, really, but considering she's more of a tank I was just wondering, so.

At the moment, that's really the only good build for Nowi that people have figured out, honestly.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The best part about that build is that everyone thinks forcing all Nowi to use up 2 skill slots just to counter a red is somehow a loss for Lucina and a win for Nowi.

Well, at least it also screws up other Swords. QR is better, but oh well.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, at least it also screws up other Swords. QR is better, but oh well.

Main issue is that Donnel fufills much of the same niche without needing to run TA 3 AND sword-breaker. He could keep brave for player phase offenses, he could sapphire lance to get distant counter, he could Silver Lance QR with an actual damaging special, etc.

Hitting res simply isn't worth being a dragon, I think. At least until more dragon buffs come into existence.

21 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Because Nowi is a slug she only wins 6 matchups at neutral 5 star

Your Nowi wins 5 so I wouldn't say it matters that much. When you get into builds thats when it goes nuts but since you're not using her, it doesn't really matter

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fury is always good to have, unless you plan on only having her debuff + tank mages. Fury bringing her up to 40 Spd lets her double a lot of things, so maybe there could be some damage going on there. Personally, I'd pick like, Spd +3 or just Atk +3 over Res +3 though, since 38 Res feels a bit overkill. Isn't 35 already enough to tank most things without taking much/any damage?

Grinding SP for Celica at the moment, and mah gawd this is slow. I wish double SP was back. I have Renewal 3 and almost Draconic Aura, but I still need to get Reposition, Spur Def and figure out her A skill (might just go with Distant Def for now, since I haven't made up my mind about sacrificing my Bunny Lucina and don't have access to Death Blow).

Yeah 35 RES is decent enough to tank most things besides buffed Blade users and +ATK DB Reinhardt, at most she'll take 16 damage from people like Celicia, Sanaki, and Lilina. (with their vanilla set) I think I'll give Fury or ATK +3 a try, since she inherited Recip Aid as well to leech HP off others thanks for the help.

Nice, same here, I should've burned a couple of stam pots during that time.

Congrats on your 2,000 HM Aqua

34 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hella late response (just got out of an exam), but...

Thank you! Credit goes to @Kon for the wonderful sprite work :D

Also no, I don't actually (because I don't know a lick of JP), but I'm a fan of the Fate franchise in general and definitely intend to play FGO once the English release comes out later this summer!

All good

Ah, nice, hope you have fun when ENG FGO comes out.

Just now, Fei Mao said:

Yeah 35 RES is decent enough to tank most things besides buffed Blade users and +ATK DB Reinhardt, at most she'll take 16 damage from people like Celicia, Sanaki, and Lilina. (with their vanilla set) I think I'll give Fury or ATK +3 a try, since she inherited Recip Aid as well to leech HP off others thanks for the help.

TA-3 Raven builds also give Felicia trouble. She does 0 damage and gets whacked if the holder has a good Atk stat.

Raven builds are hellish for colorless in general, though, so that's not really news.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Because Nowi is a slug she only wins 6 matchups at neutral 5 star

Your Nowi wins 5 so I wouldn't say it matters that much. When you get into builds thats when it goes nuts but since you're not using her, it doesn't really matter

I mean, I wouldn't be using her right away, she's only 4 star, she is on the planned upgrade list, but I'm not sure when, but regardless I'll train her, if I get another Nowi I can just fuse them off or skill inheritance if I end up giving her more skills.
What would be a good activation skill?

Clair's "My my!" is really amusing to me. I think it's her tone of voice. Man, I really want to make her into a flying red magic wall, but that's not going to happen considering my lack of resources and how niche it could be.

On another note, I have no idea how I'm going to get a decent rank on team Tharja other than burning all the flags I have left -- should have 1900 flags by the time I get all the quests done. She's likely to not be in a losing position, so, I can't have a multiplier to help out, and I don't have Tharja to begin with, so, no 10% bonus.