Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, JSND said:

mr wishiwashikun how do these interacts with Windsweep bow?

Assuming you mean Firesweep Bow, it works exactly how it says on the tin. If you perform an attack when starting the battle at full health, you lose 5 HP at the end of combat. If you don't perform an attack, you don't lose the HP.

That's at least what I assume from the wording.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Whoa, double posts.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

War crimes can only be tried if you lose the war, and the country that maximizes their levy tends to win wars through superior logistics:

Ergo, child soldiers are the way to go.

(And it's not like you're not fucked if you fight a perfectly 'clean' war and lose, anyway.)

Fine, having an army with lolis is just weird. The implications.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming you mean Firesweep Bow, it works exactly how it says on the tin. If you perform an attack when starting the battle at full health, you lose 5 HP at the end of combat. If you don't perform an attack, you don't lose the HP.

That's at least what I assume from the wording.

Yeah i basically asked if the interaction on Firesweep's lack of countering triggers Ragnarok's pseudo fury effect to see if theres a quirks i missed about it

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Yeah i basically asked if the interaction on Firesweep's lack of countering triggers Ragnarok's pseudo fury effect to see if theres a quirks i missed about it

Ragnarok only damages when Celica is the aggressor. She still gets the buffs while on defense without taking the 5 damage.

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ragnarok only damages when Celica is the aggressor. She still gets the buffs while on defense without taking the 5 damage.

She still takes the 5 damage after combat when she isn't initiating for me though!

WHY!!?!?!?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

She still takes the 5 damage after combat when she isn't initiating for me though!

WHY!!?!?!?

Hmm, might just be a mis-translation, then.

That is, the buff is active @ 100% hp, and having the buff active costs 5 hp after combat. (At least it means that you don't lose 5 hp even without the buff active when attacking, though.)

@JSND Ignore my prior posts, derp, I was basing Ragnarok off a strict reading of the skill rather than testing. (No time for me to re-roll and test, since I've got finals in 20 minutes, lol.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

That is, the buff is active @ 100% hp, and having the buff active costs 5 hp after combat. (At least it means that you don't lose 5 hp even without the buff active when attacking, though.)

Nothing is mistranslated. It says "if attacking", not "if unit initiates attack", which are very different things.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I don;t really think its a mistranslation

Looking at arc's quote a few pages back the game did not really say "This skill penalty won't activate if you did not initiate"/ All it did say is "if you attacks, you get penalty after combat"

The wording on Ragnarok is "if Cellica ATTACKS(i'm 100% sure this is a new ruling), took damage post combat(this is the same with Fury)"

@DehNutCase Good luck!

Edited by JSND

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Nothing is mistranslated. It says "if attacking", not "if unit initiates attack", which are very different things.

Its just too confusing. Why can't you say "As long as Unit attacks (in any way) unit takes 5 damage after combat"

Is that too much?

Like come one IS ;-;

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Its just too confusing. Why can't you say "As long as Unit attacks (in any way) unit takes 5 damage after combat"

Is that too much?

Like come one IS ;-;

Thats exactly what it says though

Ragnarok:

If unit has 100% HP at the start of combat, unit receives Atk/Spd+5. If attacking, unit will receive 5 damage after combat.

Durandal

Grants Atk+4 during combat if unit initiates attack.

Fury

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3.
Unit takes 6 damage after combat.

If Ragnarok works exactly like Fury, it would follow the way Fury works word for word. This is how Ragnarok would look like if it works like Fury

Imaginary Tax Solving Ragnarok

If unit has 100% HP at the start of combat, unit receives Atk/Spd+5.unit will receive 5 damage after combat.

And this isn't the first time IS developed a "new ruling" for a very simmilar effect since this is somewhat simmilar play on keywords

Compare:

Folkvangr

Grants Atk+5 at start of turn if unit's HP ≤ 50%

Tyrfing

Grants Def+4 in battle if unit's HP ≤ 50%

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Is that too much?

Like come one IS ;-;

Lack of space probably (I haven't seen what it looks like in game, though). Japanese can fit more words into the same physical real estate than English.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lack of space probably (I haven't seen what it looks like in game, though). Japanese can fit more words into the same physical real estate than English.

Ugh

#EngrishReallyDoesSuck

Just now, JSND said:

I CHALLENGE MY FATE DOUBLE POSTING!

I think you can stop challenging your fate now. Otherwise you'll start missing High Jump Kicks too

Just now, Arcanite said:

I think you can stop challenging your fate now. Otherwise you'll start missing High Jump Kicks too

Plz I missed my Draco Meteor so much my opponent runs 0 Steel and 0 Fairy and still beats my Specs Latios God Squad

Just now, JSND said:

I CHALLENGE MY FATE DOUBLE POSTING!

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

@MaskedAmpharos, a lost Genny made her way to my army. Please come by and pick up your sheep daughter. Also, could you recommend me a gym for Clair? Her physical strength is... lacking.

Shit I was asleep, but I am on my way. Genny I'm coming for you!

I was focus pulling colorless last night and had a 5* Lucius break my streak. And now I'm out of orbs. My daughter continues to elude me </3

28 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Shit I was asleep, but I am on my way. Genny I'm coming for you!

I was focus pulling colorless last night and had a 5* Lucius break my streak. And now I'm out of orbs. My daughter continues to elude me </3

I'm going to pretend that you're her actual father which makes it even more tragic considering what she says about wanting to meet her father again.

Talk about parental neglect. :P

Hey! I have no red mages other than average Raigh and slow as sin Sophia and it's infuriating. Celica and Sanaki not gracing me with their presence sucks. I can't laugh with Henry, can't complain about Lilina's squeakiness, and I can't even be corrupted by Tharja.

So, this is just me venting out frustration as Genny had to get lost showing up in my army and having no red orbs for 2 summons. >:(

Got fed up with -Atk Sophia being 1 damage off from killing stuff that I just merged her with neutral quest Sophia. Here's hoping her extra stat in attack and HP doesn't screw with Mkv's strategy for 11-5.

Edit: Not sure how well Genny knows Alm's party, but Clair and Lukas are there as familiar faces, so she'll be fine. Otherwise, Lissa, Sharena, and others will be nice to her.

Edited by Kaden

Any one haveing fun with Healers and their new skill. Running my Priscilla with my horse emblem Team and i one shot a Hector :X Granted that was lvl 40 Tower. In Arena she cant one shot him quiet yet, but lets say he is one step away form eating dirt :X.

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Any one haveing fun with Healers and their new skill. Running my Priscilla with my horse emblem Team and i one shot a Hector :X Granted that was lvl 40 Tower. In Arena she cant one shot him quiet yet, but lets say he is one step away form eating dirt :X.

No because I can't pull a Genny to save my life, and I am salt.