Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

You think they'll do another live stream about future updates when June starts? For April, they listed the updates through notifications while it was a live stream for May. Honestly, it'd be cool to have monthly live streams regarding these updates (although I don't wish to rush them or anything).

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 minutes ago, Falcom said:

You think they'll do another live stream about future updates when June starts? For April, they listed the updates through notifications while it was a live stream for May. Honestly, it'd be cool to have monthly live streams regarding these updates (although I don't wish to rush them or anything).

I wouldn't mind it as long as they give us one in ENGLISH. They need to stop leaving everyone but the Japanese hanging when it comes to upcoming content like this.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't mind it as long as they give us one in ENGLISH. They need to stop leaving everyone but the Japanese hanging when it comes to upcoming content like this.

I doubt the people running the livestream have any control over that. It would be the localization team's job to provide the details in English.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I doubt the people running the livestream have any control over that. It would be the localization team's job to provide the details in English.

Then how do we get trailers in both languages? I see no problem if they can give us English trailers.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then how do we get trailers in both languages? I see no problem if they can give us English trailers.

I don't know the exact process they use to make the English trailers, but the simplest way is to simply take the English-language build of the game (which has already gone through the English localization team) and grab the text, voice, and video assets necessary to smoosh the thing together into a trailer. There's almost no extra work needed to do so, which is why they can do it.

A live stream is far different and would either require a subtitling job (which is a lot of extra work), a brand new recording in English (which is even more extra work), or an English announcement post somewhere (and they don't have an official English language Twitter to use and probably don't have control over the in-game announcement board).

Basically, there's not much they can do, and the English-speaking fan community is going to do all of that work for them anyways, so there's no real reason to spend the money to get the localization team to do so.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know the exact process they use to make the English trailers, but the simplest way is to simply take the English-language build of the game (which has already gone through the English localization team) and grab the text, voice, and video assets necessary to smoosh the thing together into a trailer. There's almost no extra work needed to do so, which is why they can do it.

A live stream is far different and would either require a subtitling job (which is a lot of extra work), a brand new recording in English (which is even more extra work), or an English announcement post somewhere (and they don't have an official English language Twitter to use and probably don't have control over the in-game announcement board).

Basically, there's not much they can do, and the English-speaking fan community is going to do all of that work for them anyways, so there's no real reason to spend the money to get the localization team to do so.

Hmm, I suppose... But it'd still be nice to be able to watch a livestream and understand what's what in it. I could only pick up a little bit from the first one.

So I just saw the tweet with the two silhouette characters who'll be available on the 30:th. Since I'm late to the party, I've got no idea who everyone thinks these two are. Unless they're characters I've never seen before, the one to the left looks like it could be Lyn, but the clothes are so damn extravagant that it's hard to make out what I'm even looking at.

Who do you guys think it is?

Just now, Thane said:

So I just saw the tweet with the two silhouette characters who'll be available on the 30:th. Since I'm late to the party, I've got no idea who everyone thinks these two are. Unless they're characters I've never seen before, the one to the left looks like it could be Lyn, but the clothes are so damn extravagant that it's hard to make out what I'm even looking at.

People are all over the place on the right one, but Lyn is definitely the consensus for the left. The right has a big bow on the front of the head, and I don't think that's on any other character who exists in the game. The closest may be Elise who has two bows in the sides of her hair. As far as any Fire Emblem character, I think the bow is most reminiscent of Charlotte from Fates, but even that feels like a stretch.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Check out the wedding banner speculation thread for the latest updates:

Lyn is the most likely candidate for the character on the left. The one on the right is anyone's guess due to the silhouette of the clothes blocking out anything that could be used to identify the character.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

People are all over the place on the right one, but Lyn is definitely the consensus for the left. The right has a big bow on the front of the head, and I don't think that's on any other character who exists in the game. The closest may be Elise who has two bows in the sides of her hair. As far as any Fire Emblem character, I think the bow is most reminiscent of Charlotte from Fates, but even that feels like a stretch.

I was thinking of Elise to the right because her hair is positively enormous. If she didn't have those mutated sausages on the side of her head, her hair might look like that. Thing is, she looks almost as tall as Lyn.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Check out the wedding banner speculation thread for the latest updates:

Lyn is the most likely candidate for the character on the left. The one on the right is anyone's guess due to the silhouette of the clothes blocking out anything that could be used to identify the character.

Thanks bud, I'll do just that.

Besides the wedding banner and the chaos vortex (?) Mode, what else is there? I'm frankly getting quite bored of the game as there doesn't seem to be any juicy content to exploit (SI becomes obsolete when you have a varied pool of units, and becomes afterwards a gimmick tool). The only thing I see myself doing is deathless arena run, training one or two new units, doing monthly quests on the first week of the month, ghb and one or two new batch of quests here and there.

I've lost some interest on the game :{

Just now, Quintessence said:

Besides the wedding banner and the chaos vortex (?) Mode, what else is there? I'm frankly getting quite bored of the game as there doesn't seem to be any juicy content to exploit (SI becomes obsolete when you have a varied pool of units, and becomes afterwards a gimmick tool). The only thing I see myself doing is deathless arena run, training one or two new units, doing monthly quests on the first week of the month, ghb and one or two new batch of quests here and there.

I've lost some interest on the game :{

Yeah it's stagnating for me too. I'm mostly just trying to pull for my flier units to create my Flier Emblem team. Maybe there will be new things to do soon!

43 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yeah it's stagnating for me too. I'm mostly just trying to pull for my flier units to create my Flier Emblem team. Maybe there will be new things to do soon!

Well hopefully we'll get some news about upcoming GHB. Camus is pretty much guaranteed, but beyond that, we have no clue. There was some speculation about golden orbs being added a while back. And as far as new mechanics go, they may be working on a way to add in laguz and other shapeshifters like taugels and whatnot. (I have no way to prove this; it's just my own opinion, but it makes sense that they would want to add such characters.) 

We'll just have to wait and see. I'd love another livestream. It was concise, detailed, and very generous with information well into the future. We're getting maintenance on the 30th as well, so that may be a pretty hefty update. 

I'm just grinding SP and passing weapons onto units that I plan on building up in the future. Xander is ready to get Siegfried as soon as he promotes, and Alfonse almost has his Brave Sword+ ready too. I haven't decided on what B-skill to pass to Brave Sword Alfonse though.

12 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well hopefully we'll get some news about upcoming GHB. Camus is pretty much guaranteed, but beyond that, we have no clue. There was some speculation about golden orbs being added a while back. And as far as new mechanics go, they may be working on a way to add in laguz and other shapeshifters like taugels and whatnot. (I have no way to prove this; it's just my own opinion, but it makes sense that they would want to add such characters.) 

I think the golden orbs (the one from the live stream) were related to the announcement of hero fest banner increasing focus rate up to 5%, rather than adding a new color. Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I think the golden orbs (the one from the live stream) were related to the announcement of hero fest banner increasing focus rate up to 5%, rather than adding a new color. Or am I missing something?

Gold Orbs are to be added to the summoning pool later on. They're guaranteed to have a Focus Hero inside, but the color is random.

25 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Gold Orbs are to be added to the summoning pool later on. They're guaranteed to have a Focus Hero inside, but the color is random.

the progression I've seen with this is really making me want a specific source here

like...

"does anyone know what the gold orbs do" -> "i think just for the announcement/fortune telling" -> "I think it will be added later to pull anything" -> "It will absolutely guarantee a 5* focus character"

i'm paraphrasing

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

the progression I've seen with this is really making me want a specific source here

like...

"does anyone know what the gold orbs do" -> "i think just for the announcement/fortune telling" -> "I think it will be added later to pull anything" -> "It will absolutely guarantee a 5* focus character"

i'm paraphrasing

Now I can't find the thing I read it from... It could be deleted/changed due to wrong information, but I'll keep looking.

The spring banner had a similar situation, right? With people figuring out one of the two silhouette characters but not the other. 

I've been on another mostly-hiatus, just logging in every day for the daily bonuses and any new quests. I don't mind this game being an on/off thing, especially since I've been throwing myself fully into Echoes for the past week. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm just grinding SP and passing weapons onto units that I plan on building up in the future. Xander is ready to get Siegfried as soon as he promotes, and Alfonse almost has his Brave Sword+ ready too. I haven't decided on what B-skill to pass to Brave Sword Alfonse though.

This actually made me want to list all my to-do's:

Spoiler

Michalis - Axebreaker 3

Maria - Miracle

Sheena - Pivot, Glowing Ember, Ignis

Seliph - lv up

Reinhardt - Lancebreaker 2, Lancebreaker 3

Cecilia - Reposition

Zephiel - Ward Armor

Sophia - lv up, basic skills, Seal Speed line

Karel - Shove

Ninian - Fortify Dragons

Lloyd - lv up, basic skills

Nino - Glacies

Robin - Swordbreaker 3

Henry - lv up

Tharja - Threaten Res 3

Virion - Darting Blow line

Corrin (M) - lv up

Felicia - Poison Strike line

Ryoma - Vantage 3

Kagero - lv up

Azama - Obstruct 2, Obstruct 3

Takumi - Vantage 3

Xander - Draw Back, Bonfire, Spur Defense 3

Odin - lv up

Arthur - lv up

Effie - Pivot

These to-do's aren't really high priority, though.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

The spring banner had a similar situation, right? With people figuring out one of the two silhouette characters but not the other. 

I've been on another mostly-hiatus, just logging in every day for the daily bonuses and any new quests. I don't mind this game being an on/off thing, especially since I've been throwing myself fully into Echoes for the past week. 

I thought Lucina and Chrom was pretty obvious, though...

I'm just going through all the old Grand Hero Battle characters that I never leveled up and am leveling them up.