Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Othin said:

Can you take a screenshot of your Azura's stats and skills?

It's possible that there were buffs on Xander and/or debuffs on Azura that you missed.

If that's the case, I don't see how showing Azura's stats and skills would tell us anything there.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I have a -atk Azura and she pretty handily deals with all the Xander's I've encountered. 

Mine too, and she's neutral

But on a defense tile, my Azura only did 8 damage to him XD My brother's Xander has solo'd teams by just placing him on a defense tile lolXander isn't broken, but he's pretty busted.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If that's the case, I don't see how showing Azura's stats and skills would tell us anything there.

Use male robin! Yours has swordbreaker and T-adept right? That should make Xander chop suey!

I have a -atk Azura and she pretty handily deals with all the Xander's I've encountered. 

But on a defense tile, my Azura only did 8 damage to him XD My brother's Xander has solo'd teams by just placing him on a defense tile lolXander isn't broken, but he's pretty busted.

Use male robin! Yours has swordbreaker and T-adept right? That should make Xander chop suey!

It wouldn't, but it can tell us how much buffs or debuffs would be necessary for the numbers you said to happen.

With Sapphire Lance+ equipped, what's your Azura's Atk?

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why did my Azura only do around 6 damage total? No defense tile, not sure if Fury was there or not. He had buffs from an Olwen and Cecilia beforehand, but I baited him away from them and KO'd Olwen.

You are misremebering then. 

Spoiler

Fury Xander with +6 Def from Fortify Cavalry and +4 from Ward Cavalry takes 10 damage from Azura. With a defensive tile, he takes 0 damage.

Even with just the fort and no other buffs besides Fury, he takes 8 damage.

Xander's buffs remain on him until his next turn, so long as he doesn't get buffed again by an adjacent unit. Even if you KO'd whoever had Fortify / Ward Cavalry before, the buffs they gave to him won't just disappear.

Edited by MrSmokestack

It wouldn't, but it can tell us how much buffs or debuffs would be necessary for the numbers you said to happen.

25 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's too many blue units. I needed Azura and Subaki because dancer and bonus unit.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

Okay then. With the Sapphire Lance+, she has 43 attack.

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You are misremebering then. 

Hide contents

Fury Xander with +6 Def from Fortify Cavalry and +4 from Ward Cavalry takes 10 damage from Azura. With a defensive tile, he takes 0 damage.

Even with just the fort and no other buffs besides Fury, he takes 8 damage.

Xander's buffs remain on him until his next turn, so long as he doesn't get buffed again by an adjacent unit. Even if you KO'd whoever had Fortify / Ward Cavalry before, the buffs they gave to him won't just disappear.

It was his next turn though, I'm pretty sure.

Just now, Anacybele said:

That's too many blue units. I needed Azura and Subaki because dancer and bonus unit.

Then you may not even need to change your units then. The only other thing I can think of is using male robin in place of Azura. Robin gives you magicz, and he deals with Xander and all swords just as well as Azura. You'll lose Dancer support, but if Xander is REALLY a problem, that's what you'll have to do.

But I dont think you'd need to change anything. Unless your other 2 units don't have magic either. You should always make sure someone has magic on your team!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then you may not even need to change your units then. The only other thing I can think of is using male robin in place of Azura. Robin gives you magicz, and he deals with Xander and all swords just as well as Azura. You'll lose Dancer support, but if Xander is REALLY a problem, that's what you'll have to do.

But I dont think you'd need to change anything. Unless your other 2 units don't have magic either. You should always make sure someone has magic on your team!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's impossible for me to win without a dancer though. I always lose if I don't have one because arena teams are way too strong for some reason. I never really get fair matchups.

@Anacybele Honestly the problem there is mainly because your Blue is Subaki

As for Azura

Azura attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. Opponent reduces damage by 30% of their defense by standing on defensive terrain. 8 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 44 → 36

This checks out

So the only solution is to fight him outside Terrain. Other is Luna, with Luna up, a 1 standard combat + 1 Luna left Xander at 2 HP even on Terrain

Honestly i find Xander to be pretty OP as a whole(lol High Defense DC on a horse), so i can see your point

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's impossible for me to win without a dancer though. I always lose if I don't have one because arena teams are way too strong for some reason. I never really get fair matchups.

Trust me, nobody gets fair matchups XD

If it's that hard, then like I said, change nothing. You may not always be able to win every match. People don't always get deathless on their first try and lose their streaks all the time. So here's what to do:

1. Calculators are your friend

2. Keep then off the defense tiled

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't help but be a bit amused by this claim considering how much you were complaining about dancers being hard to use a couple months back. Ah how time changes our perspectives.
Arena teams are supposed to be strong. I think its pretty normal to occasionally run into teams that just completely wreck yours. I'd say do try switching out Azura for Robin for a little while. His total rating should be lower than hers and that might get you more favorable matchups. I did that for awhile this past week because my teams of Soren, Ike, Azura, and Xander was putting me against teams of multiple merged 5*'s for some reason. 

50 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Those defense tiles are just nuts with high defense units geeze! They are your best friend or worst enemy, no inbetween.

And dang what sort of kit does your brother's Xander have?

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Trust me, nobody gets fair matchups XD

You have moved my heart, friend. Now I'm ready to get face-smashed by horse emblem try ranking this season once again.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I can't help but be a bit amused by this claim considering how much you were complaining about dancers being hard to use a couple months back. Ah how time changes our perspectives.
Arena teams are supposed to be strong. I think its pretty normal to occasionally run into teams that just completely wreck yours. I'd say do try switching out Azura for Robin for a little while. His total rating should be lower than hers and that might get you more favorable matchups. I did that for awhile this past week because my teams of Soren, Ike, Azura, and Xander was putting me against teams of multiple merged 5*'s for some reason.

I...don't remember those complaints at all, but whatever the case, I guess so.

And yeah, but not so strong that they feel like they're near impossible or impossible to beat. And if I have lower ratings on my units, doesn't that mean my score will be lowered?

And dang what sort of kit does your brother's Xander have?

2 words my friend:

Spoiler

FURY

Spoiler

VANTAGE

Spoiler

XANDER

Spoiler

And Bonfire of course HEE HEE HEE

20 damage Bonfire OP

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And yeah, but not so strong that they feel like they're near impossible or impossible to beat. And if I have lower ratings on my units, doesn't that mean my score will be lowered?

I mean...it's no secret that you straight up refused to use dancers up until a few weeks ago, with the most common complaint being "dies too easily" despite the majority of users on here arguing to the contrary. Time really does change things @DarkLordIvy.

Azura is more frail than Olivia, simply by comparing their stats, and yet here we are.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You were going on and on about how impossible it was to keep Olivia alive. But I digress.

If that's the case than keep your team the same and just keep pushing through the losses. Admittedly that is what I am currently doing :P
Just switching out for Robin shouldn't lower your score much at all. Only by a couple of points actually. You can still score 4000+ with a "dead weight" unit on your team it just takes a bit longer.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

2 words my friend:

Reveal hidden contents

FURY

Hide contents

VANTAGE

Hide contents

XANDER

Hide contents

And Bonfire of course HEE HEE HEE

20 damage Bonfire OP

He's one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse with that loadout.... ono

@MrSmokestack Without change no progress would be made!

Edited by DarkLordIvy

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I mean...it's no secret that you straight up refused to use dancers up until a few weeks ago, with the most common complaint being "dies too easily" despite the majority of users on here arguing to the contrary. Time really does change things @DarkLordIvy.

Azura is more frail than Olivia, simply by comparing their stats, and yet here we are.

Can't be true. I literally don't remember this at all. And this is something I'm pretty sure that I would remember. I recall comparisons between Azura and Olivia (the former is much better), but that's it.

Can't be true. I literally don't remember this at all. And this is something I'm pretty sure that I would remember. I recall comparisons between Azura and Olivia (the former is much better), but that's it.

1) Factually incorrect.

2) Neither is better than the other. The comparison completely depends on what color your team is lacking.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Really though i actually find Olivia better than Azura once they both reach their maximum potential because Blue is a bullshitly strong color, and majority of bullhitly strong units happen to lose or softchecked by Hector

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

1) Factually incorrect.

2) Neither is better than the other. The comparison completely depends on what color your team is lacking.

1) Sorry, I simply don't think so. Now if you give me proof, fine. But I still don't remember it at all and have no idea why I would've made such statements.

2) I disagree, that's all.

Edited by Anacybele