Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Narcian's quests put me back at 20 orbs. I'm going to hold off on summoning until we get more info on the banner, though. I'm not too big on the gimmicks, but the spring banner had some pretty neat abilities on some of the characters (particularly Spring Camilla), so it would be a shame to miss a shot at that.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

"I don't pick fights bets I know I can win"

Fixed it. (But seriously, that's alright)

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I was going off of lord status rather than relevance heh

Capture.PNG.38b58f544d8a16814c1f6966f02ee3fb.PNG
What are you talking about?

Hey Arcanite, were you the one who told me to give Oboro a killer lance+ and bonfire? I finally got around to do it this morning when I pulled a duplicate 5-star Peri (she was literally the last 5-star I got before then too, what the fuck).

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Wow I guess you really like your boys then XD

I'm not going to pull at all because my psychic powers are telling me that the Magvel banner is next, and I need to save my orbs for it!

Really, really lol. 

I have so many games to play these days, I normally narrow it down to which has the best looking guys. Same with Manga and anime lol

There's a few exceptions, but eh, Gotta narrow it somehow!

Also, lance Cormag yes please... And Glen for GHB :D

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I think you misspelled "Eirika".

"Welcome to my army you piece of filth"

Glad to know you're happy he joined your army

You technically misspelled it.

It's "Eirik"

The ka doesn't exist in Japanese canon.

2. Narshen is filth in FE6. But he is still an FE character and therefore my child to collect.

I decided to do the Narcian quests. I'm not fond of him as a character (I got to see him in what I watched of an FE6 playthrough and he was just an idiot perv), but I'd like the orbs and I have to admit that his damaged art is SO amusing. lol

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You technically misspelled it.

It's "Eirik"

The ka doesn't exist in Japanese canon.

Well I play the English version and it's spelled "Eirika" so I don't really see your point here.......

Like, what makes you think that I care how it's spelled in Japanese canon? lol

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Narshen is filth in FE6. But he is still an FE character and therefore my child to collect.

It was only a joke :/ I didn't mean to be sarcastic if it even sounded that way. That's why I put it in strike through anyway

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I decided to do the Narcian quests. I'm not fond of him as a character (I got to see him in what I watched of an FE6 playthrough and he was just an idiot perv), but I'd like the orbs and I have to admit that his damaged art is SO amusing. lol

He's pretty funny lol

I like his quotes too. "What glorious hair I have!"

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I love how melodramatic he is! I hardcore love his confidence too. <3 But I get what you mean about his damaged art. I feel like that's what I look like trying to keep my kids under control. Yamada Kotaro gets some applause for capturing the look of stress in its purest form.

I swear he tries to get under Clarine's skirt though, how disgusting... And he seems way too full of himself.

His damaged art is the only reason I'm willing to use him.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What about the amazing quotes?

"Captivated by my style and Grace? Ha! Of course you are!"

I love it

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well I play the English version and it's spelled "Eirika" so I don't really see your point here.......

Like, what makes you think that I care how it's spelled in Japanese canon? lol

It was only a joke :/ I didn't mean to be sarcastic if it even sounded that way. That's why I put it in strike through anyway

I'm the weeb, remember. I'm supposed to be elitist to you plebs that don't know anything about the Japanese versions.

Yes, I know you were joking.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm the weeb, remember. I'm supposed to be elitist to you plebs that don't know anything about the Japanese versions.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I misspell someone's name then :P

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I swear he tries to get under Clarine's skirt though, how disgusting... And he seems way too full of himself.

It's immensely satisfying when Zephiel finally gets tired of his shit, demotes him, and has him left to be killed by the Lycians in Aquila.

Considering how much trouble he manages to cause in the first half of the game while always conveniently leaving.

Yo, Arcanite, did you see my post about Oboro earlier? I think you were the one who told me to give her killer lance+ and bonfire, right?

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yo, Arcanite, did you see my post about Oboro earlier? I think you were the one who told me to give her killer lance+ and bonfire, right?

Didn't see the post, but I did tell you that!

Can you tell me the page number so I can see what you're talking about? XD

Edit: Disregard that cause I just saw it #ThisIsWhenYouKnowImDrunk

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Hey Arcanite, were you the one who told me to give Oboro a killer lance+ and bonfire? I finally got around to do it this morning when I pulled a duplicate 5-star Peri (she was literally the last 5-star I got before then too, what the fuck).

@Sunwoo

Great! All you're missing is QR for the B skill and you're pretty much done (Unless you already have QR)

Do you have something for the A skill too?

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Didn't see the post, but I did tell you that!

Can you tell me the page number so I can see what you're talking about? XD

Edit: Disregard that cause I just saw it #ThisIsWhenYouKnowImDrunk

Great! All you're missing is QR for the B skill and you're pretty much don (Unless you already have QR)

Do you have something for the A skill too?

It might take me a while to get QR because I'll probably have to upgrade my spare Tsubaki to 5-star, or pull a duplicate Leo, but I'll get that on her eventually. I don't have an A-skill as of now, was thinking maybe just go with attack+3. I have so many spare Gordins.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

It might take me a while to get QR because I'll probably have to upgrade my spare Tsubaki to 5-star, or pull a duplicate Leo, but I'll get that on her eventually. I don't have an A-skill as of now, was thinking maybe just go with attack+3. I have so many spare Gordins.

Attack+3 works well! If you want to go completely bonkerz, you can give her Fury, or even Attack/Def if you want to. But Attack +3 is perfect!

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I love it

Eh, I'm indifferent to them and don't find them to be anything special. xP

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Attack+3 works well! If you want to go completely bonkerz, you can give her Fury, or even Attack/Def if you want to. But Attack +3 is perfect!

Fury's most likely off the table because I haven't gotten a single Hinata, and don't feel like using my only Jagen and Bartre as Fury fodder (much less promoting them). Attack+3 it is!

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

"Finesse?! Me, lack finesse?!"

Like 50% of his quotes sound like he's standing in front of a mirror motivating himself for the day. I feel like I'd be a better person if I told myself, "I am strong; I am clever" a couple of times every day. XD Narcian is drama and confidence goals.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

I'd take out Donnel, Ogma, Raven, and Stahl.

Reveal hidden contents

Donnel, Ogma, and Raven being able to give Brave weapons is probably enough to get them out, especially Ogma and Raven who if you're lucky, you can get 5* versions of them and there you go, Brave Sword+ for Alfonse, Hana, Laslow, etc., and Brave Axe+ for Cherche, Frederick, Gunter, and this weird L&D, Desperation Titania build I saw. Noontime and Sol could work on a weird sustain build, but the only one I can think of already has Sol: Alfonse. Depending on your build, 5* Raven being the only other Threaten Def 3 donator besides 4* Peri might make him and Peri more valuable for some.

Donnel in particular also gives Drag Back and Reciprocal Aid. Drag Back can help melee Brave users get out of range of other units and Reciprocal Aid, like Ardent Sacrifice, is useful for Life & Death, Desperation builds and Falchion + Renewal 3 for healing shenanigans. A 3* Donnel can give Brave Lance, Drag Back, and maybe Reciprocal Aid if you want to Est making her a slower, but higher resistance Cordelia and Hinoka. Peri might not want Drag Back because of cavalry terrain issues, but Brave Lance basically makes her Abel, but with higher resistance and without Swordbreaker by default.

Stahl? Swap. Seriously, your only options for Swap are Arthur, Subaki, and Stahl. Arthur gives Lancebreaker 2 and Subaki gives Quick Riposte 2. Those skills are much more coveted since the only alternatives GHB Narcian and 5* Klein and Leo. Sure, you can give Swap alongside those skills, but the fact Stahl gives Swap is pretty good, especially for knights who want either Pivot or Swap. Stahl giving Ruby Sword is useful too since Hinata is better for Fury 3 and Palla is better for Ruby Sword and Moonbow or Goad Flyers. If you only need Ruby Sword e.g. you already have Moonbow on Olivia, then just use Stahl.

These ones are up to debate: Jakob, Lissa, and Virion. Also, M!Corrin, Felicia, Fir, and Sophia.

Reveal hidden contents

Fae is the only unit who can give Renewal as a 4*. Problem is that she's the only green dragon in the game and she can only be summoned as a 4* to 5*. This could make her very difficult for some to get. For those who really, really need Renewal even if it's Renewal 2, then 4* Jakob and Lissa are your only options. Jakob also has the benefit of being 5* summonable, so he's your other alternative to getting Renewal 3 through summoning. Renewal 2 is still good, but yes, it's not Renewal 3.

Virion being able to give Seal Speed 3 can be dumb if you combine it with Deathly, Rogue, or Silver Dagger. With Rogue Dagger+ and Silver Dagger, you can debuff a unit by -5 Def/Res and -7 Spd while Deathly Dagger and Silver Dagger+ ups this to -7 Def/Res and -7 Spd. Seal Attack would lower damage someone takes, but effectively crippling a unit's defenses and ability to double or let someone else double is pretty good. Unfortunately, it's really niche. I can only see dedicated support thieves making use of it; Jaffar might be better off with Poison Strike 3 to take 17 damage after combat and Kagero is better off killing stuff.

For units using Brave weapons, especially fast ones, and units with very high attack and speed, you could make an argument that having Dragon Fang or, depending on the build, Glacies and Ignis is better than having Draconic Aura, Bonfire, or Iceberg. Why? These units tend to kill units very easily and for Brave weapon users, they can charge their specials very quickly. So, why not have an overkill special that could make weapon triangle disadvantage seem nonexistent? From kills 1 and 2, a 3 cooldown would activate on the second kill which might seems wasted since they might have already died to a normal hit. A 4 cooldown, however, would activate on kill 3 which could possibly be a unit with WTA.

I'd also add in Clair and Lukas to the list.

Reveal hidden contents

Clair can only really give Hit and Run. She can't give Spur Speed 3 as a 4* for some reason, Harsh Command is uncommonly used as far as I know, and Silver Lance can be gotten from Effie or Jagen. That's pretty much it. If you treat Hit and Run the same as Drag Back for Brave weapon users, then Drag Back is easier to get and isn't anything really different. Brave weapon users tend to kill if they attack and Drag Back still activates after an enemy is dead despite there being nobody to drag back. If it didn't, then Hit and Run would definitely be the better option. Drag Back being able to drag a unit back is also useful since if it takes 2 rounds to kill a unit, you can continually drag them back to get further out of range. Hit and Run just goes back and forth. Or you could drag back an enemy and have someone else finish them. With Hit and Run, you'd have to use the same unit to attack again or have someone else go up to finish which could potentially leave 2 units in enemy range instead of 1 or none.

Lukas can only give a full set of Obstruct as a 4* which is pretty niche, but useful on defensive maps since you can just stop units from moving around unless they, especially cavaliers, have Pass. Fortress Defense is interesting, but also niche. Units who are used as physical tanks tend to have high defense to begin with and can just get a defense buff like Xander getting someone's Fortify Def or Cavalry. Fortress Defense does that, but also takes 3 attack from them. Not really great when you kind of want a tank to do damage as well. So, if they have that, then buffing their attack only really gives them +1 to their attack or +2 for Hone Armor, Cavalry, or Flyers. You'd need someone else with Spur Attack or a Goad skill. You could have just used Fury or Defense +3 and have on-field offensive and defensive buffs help out. That just leaves Killer Lance and Sacred Cowl. Killer Lance is good, but like most weapons, can't get the + version unless they're a 5* and Sacred Cowl is uncommonly used as far as I know.

Just my opinions on things. Take them as you will.

Some of those appear to have already been taken into account. All units have four chances to redeem themselves, and with how many niche builds you can make, it's hard to identify units you can't use.

...At some point, I'll just throw the spreadsheet I'm using as a source somewhere for others to help study. 

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I love it

His level-up quotes are so much better in Japanese, especially the +0-1 one:

+0-1: 「くっ…そんなバカな! なにかの間違いだ!」 "Th... that can't be right! There must be some mistake!"
+2-3: 「クックック…当然さ… このナーシェン様ならね。」 "Heh heh heh... But of course... for I am the great Narshen."
+4-5: 「あははっ! これが私の実力さぁ!!」 "Ahahah! This is my true strength!!"

I can totally see him just being, "Yo, wtf, game," when he gets a crap level up.

And yes, his damaged art is amazing. Yamada Koutarou really needs to do more characters in this game (like a second Zephiel).

Finally encountered cancer cecilia on the arena. It was another 4☆ +10 unit, though, with Gronnblade+ and Death Blow 3 with 50 base atk. 68 attack is nothing to fear when Alfonse blicks her!