Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Falcon Knight are lance unit before they are healers, like Kinshis are archer before they are lance units and Malig Knights are axe users before they are tome users. Expecting Shigure to be a healer is like expecting Camilla to be a tome unit. In which, we do get Spring Camilla as a tome unit, but it doesn't change the fact taht basic Camilla, a Malig Knight, is presented as an axe unit in Heroes. 

Heroes are sword units first. Monks are light mages first. Falcoknights are lancers before swordies. Doesn't stop Raven, Lucius, Caeda and Palla running around with their subs.

EDIT @Arcanite I'll have a Nino for that purpose... now I kinda feel I'm selling Lilina short.

Edited by phineas81707

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

EDIT @Arcanite I'll have a Nino for that purpose... now I kinda feel I'm selling Lilina short.

Well my Nino destroys Lindes pretty easily too, but doing it with Lilina seems WAY more fun

Its actually one of the things I look forward to the most LOL That and one shotting Hectors for once

Just now, Arcanite said:

Well my Nino destroys Lindes pretty easily too, but doing it with Lilina seems WAY more fun

Its actually one of the things I look forward to the most LOL That and one shotting Hectors for once

The whole point of Lilina is that she's one of three: Lilina to delete anything green, including her own father, Nino to delete anything blue, and Linde to delete anything red (psst, she's not fast enough to double Lon'qu). Lilina's also got Bowbreaker in the instance I need it...

Though SP grinding Linde has given me plenty of opportunity to see 60x2 to green units.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

The whole point of Lilina is that she's one of three: Lilina to delete anything green, including her own father, Nino to delete anything blue, and Linde to delete anything red (psst, she's not fast enough to double Lon'qu). Lilina's also got Bowbreaker in the instance I need it...

Though SP grinding Linde has given me plenty of opportunity to see 60x2 to green units.

Of course, what you say makes sense, but there's always gonna be times where you don't match the colors. Like the many times I've killed Lucinas with my Nino as well LOL

Granted, I didn't have my makeshift tome team yet, but you never know what predicament you'll be in and what you'll be forced to do. Even though I'll purposely kill Sharenas with my Lilina just for the keks Also, Bow breaker seems a little unnecessary since I'm pretty sure Nino can kill all bows in the game with buffs....

Maybe not Faye though, but she doubles her anyway

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Of course, what you say makes sense, but there's always gonna be times where you don't match the colors. Like the many times I've killed Lucinas with my Nino as well LOL

Granted, I didn't have my makeshift tome team yet, but you never know what predicament you'll be in and what you'll be forced to do. Even though I'll purposely kill Sharenas with my Lilina just for the keks Also, Bow breaker seems a little unnecessary since I'm pretty sure Nino can kill all bows in the game with buffs....

Maybe not Faye though, but she doubles her anyway

At least the overkill is there.

Really? Well, I haven't actually spent any SP on it yet... but at the same time, I don't have any Brash Assault fodder (is also probably bad choice). Maybe Escape Route...

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I wish I could give you all the Bartre's I have...

Same with someone I know who doesn't hang around here. I've never even owned a Bartre, and now I need his skill... for Alfie, most likely.

58 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

At least the overkill is there.

Really? Well, I haven't actually spent any SP on it yet... but at the same time, I don't have any Brash Assault fodder (is also probably bad choice). Maybe Escape Route...

Wings of mercy? That seems to work on everyone XD

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wings of mercy? That seems to work on everyone XD

Pros of Wings: Nino and Linde want to be at low HP.
Cons of Wings: Poor set-up in terms of mage positioning.

If I get a Cain, Anna calls first dibs.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If I get a Cain, Anna calls first dibs.

So you can have wings of escape route? LOL

Does wings of mercy stack with Noatun's innate escape route though? I've never seen such a thing before

Just now, Arcanite said:

So you can have wings of escape route? LOL

Does wings of mercy stack with Noatun's innate escape route though? I've never seen such a thing before

Wings uses other unit's HP, Escape uses your own. It shouldn't conflict, and I think Wings might be more useful when paired with Lilina/Linde.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Wings uses other unit's HP, Escape uses your own. It shouldn't conflict, and I think Wings might be more useful when paired with Lilina/Linde.

Seems a little busted if you ask me. Anna will be able to zip around the map and use whatever assist skill she has instantaneously

Wish I had my own Cain :(

Just now, Arcanite said:

Seems a little busted if you ask me. Anna will be able to zip around the map and use whatever assist skill she has instantaneously

Wish I had my own Cain :(

On the subject of units with Wings of Mercy:

"I cannot be merciful!" says the unit with Wings of Mercy. Palla has the best lines ("My apologies", anyone?)

Wow did a really valuable pull at 18 orbs, 2 sessions of 2 pulls. Got 4☆ Seliph, Abel, Lon'qu and a 3☆ Beruka. Seliph (+atk, -Hp) is replacing my +spd -atk Seliph, Abel gave Swordbreaker 3 to my 4☆ Robin (my first 4☆ pull whoo), Lon'qu made my 4☆ Lon'qu +3 and Beruka is there.

Also, promoted Narcian to create cancer Reinhardt with Lancebreaker 3.

Btw, a shame I hadn't cleared Narcian Hard back on those days because of the lack of units lol. Spring Camilla trivialiezed it with Caeda's support.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"I cannot be merciful!" says the unit with Wings of Mercy. Palla has the best lines ("My apologies", anyone?)

Just allow her to demonstrate.

Anyway, with my spreadsheet to observe each unit one by one, I'd like to ask your opinion of the follow list of 'mediocre-to-bad skill fodder'.

Spoiler

Beruka
Chrom
Corrin (M)
Donnel
Est
Felicia
Fir
Gaius
Jakob
Jeorge
Lilina
Merric
Nowi
Oboro
Ogma
Peri
Raigh
Raven
Saizo
Seliph
Sophia
Stahl
Titania
Virion
Xander

Friendly reminder that unique does not equal good, and signature weapons like the Falchion cannot be inherited.

The goal is to create a list that can be referred to to help identify poor units for inheritance. Note I did not count 5* exclusives or healers for this round, though I imagine the latter has plenty of poor fodder (one skill that non-healers can even touch?)

EDIT:

5* Exclusives (You'll be mad to do so, really... maybe...):

Spoiler

Spring Camilla
Spring Chrom
Ephraim
Julia
Lucina
Lyn
Young Tiki

And Healers:

Spoiler

Unless you care about inheritance on a healer, throw out anything that's not Maria, Sakura or Serra. Healer passives are 5* and none apart from them are worth that kind of hassle...

Edited by phineas81707

32 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Beruka - Lunge, Glimmer, Defiant Def 3
Chrom - Spur Def 2 (base for Ward Cavalry/Fliers), Sol, Defiant Def 3
Corrin (M) - Dragon Fang, Defense +3, Obstruct 2
Donnel - Drag Back, HP +5 (healers appreciate it), Reciprocal Aid
Est - Seal Spd 2, Shove, Defiant Res 3
Felicia - Glacies, Breath of Life 3, Resistance +2
Fir - Glacies, Speed +3, Pass 2
Gaius - Rally Speed, Pass 3, Defiant Atk 2
Jakob - Idk, Rally Resistance, Renewal 2, Defense +3
Jeorge - Spur Spd 3 (SpSpd 2 serves as base for Goad skill), Seal Atk 2, Blazing Flame
Lilina - Spur Atk, Attack +, Flame Skill
Merric - HP +5, Spur Res (base for Ward skill), Growing Wind
Nowi - Threaten Res 2, Rally Defense, Defense +3
Oboro - Seal Defense 3, Rally Defense, Threaten Res 2
Ogma - Brave Sword, Spur Atk 2, Defiant Atk 3, Noontime
Peri - Threaten Defense 3, Glimmer, Resistance +2
Raigh - Seal Resistance 3, Rally Attack, Raudrwolf, HP +4
Raven - Brave Axe, Threaten Def 2, Sol, Defiant Spd 3
Saizo - Poison Strike 3, Spur Spd 2 (base for Goad), Smoke Dagger, Harsh Command
Seliph - Rally Speed, Brash Assault 2, HP +5
Sophia - Dragon Fang, Fortify Res 3 (base for Fortify Cavalry/Flier), Warding Blow 2
Stahl - Swap, Ruby Sword, Defense +3, Obstruct 2
Titania - (???) Guard skill, healing assist skill, Emerald Axe
Virion - Seal Spd 3, Astra, Defiant Res 2
Xander - Spur Def 2, Armored Blow 2, Blazing Light

Does this help?

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Does this help?

I've already got the spreadsheet with skills. Those were the ones I picked out that didn't really have a skill I'd expect to see used much. Though some interesting stacks... might want to note those when I do the list outright.

Speaking of, I counted Ephraim as not worth the inheritance even though he has Moonbow... probably shouldn't have done that.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I've already got the spreadsheet with skills. Those were the ones I picked out that didn't really have a skill I'd expect to see used much. Though some interesting stacks... might want to note those when I do the list outright.

Speaking of, I counted Ephraim as not worth the inheritance even though he has Moonbow... probably shouldn't have done that.

Oh ok. Regarding the 5* List, there isn't anything noteworthy, just filler skills imo, like Camilla's Rally Attack, Chrom's Atk/Def 2, Julia's Dragon Fang, Ephraim's Moonbow/Threaten Def 3, and Lucina/Lyn spur skills.

Regarding healers, the best one can pull from them are Balm skills, Rehabilitate/Martyr/Recover or some random skills.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Oh ok. Regarding the 5* List, there isn't anything noteworthy, just filler skills imo, like Camilla's Rally Attack, Chrom's Atk/Def 2, Julia's Dragon Fang, Ephraim's Moonbow/Threaten Def 3, and Lucina/Lyn spur skills.

Regarding healers, the best one can pull from them are Balm skills, Rehabilitate/Martyr/Recover or some random skills.

I should at some point consider the best healer inheritance (Elise, Wrys and Genny cannot inherit to non-healers at all, and everyone else has the one passive). But you only really need one healer, and you get the good staves (Wrys and Lissa) on the Hero Battle rotation.

...Besides, Lachesis seems to be the only really bad healer if you gun for those. Otherwise:
Azama and Lucius only give Martyr.
Mist only gives Recover.
Sakura and Maria's passives are the defensive auras.
Priscilla and Wrys are basically Rehabilitate only.

The defensive balms are Azama/Lachesis and Sakura/Priscilla. I'm... less than open to them, really.

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@Arcanite

Are you proud of me? Nearly made it through a whole banner without spending. Only a few more days to go and it will be the first time I haven't pulled on a main banner :O

Our little Chao is growing up :')

I'm so proud of you!

You gonna pull from wedding banner?