Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Like 50% of his quotes sound like he's standing in front of a mirror motivating himself for the day. I feel like I'd be a better person if I told myself, "I am strong; I am clever" a couple of times every day. XD Narcian is drama and confidence goals.

Actually pretty accurate. In the castle, he says that his one weakness is mirrors. If he sees one on the battlefield, he'll just stop fighting and admire himself in it. xP

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

As alwaysusual, Satsuma knows the truth.

Glad to see that there are other enlightened people on here.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And yes, his damaged art is amazing. Yamada Koutarou really needs to do more characters in this game (like a second Zephiel).

What bugs me most about Zephiel's art is how simple the Exaacus (the localized name is too hard to spell like wtf) is drawn. It's just a slab of metal.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What bugs me most about Zephiel's art is how simple the Exaacus (the localized name is too hard to spell like wtf) is drawn. It's just a slab of metal.

A sword is just a slab of metal forged into a specific shape. You wanted Eckesachs (Ecke’s sachs; sachs is a kind of a Frankish sword, Ecke is a giant of a German legend or it can mean “sword with a sharp edge”, as Ecke means edge/corner in German) to turn to a trident and shoot lightning and have 1-2 range?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

A sword is just a slab of metal forged into a specific shape. You wanted Eckesachs (Ecke’s sachs; sachs is a kind of a Frankish sword, Ecke is a giant of a German legend or it can mean “sword with a sharp edge”, as Ecke means edge/corner in German) to turn to a trident and shoot lightning and have 1-2 range?

But... Look at it. There's literally no detail on it whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But... Look at it. There's literally no detail on it whatsoever.

Well, its in-game sprite isn’t too fancy either:

nWXHpYK.png Ss_fe06_zephiel_wielding_eckesachs.png

Even in the manga it was relatively modest, with only the hilt being relatively elaborate. Just like the Binding Blade, actually.

EDIT: lol how puny the binding blade is in the manga lmao

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, its in-game sprite isn’t too fancy either:

nWXHpYK.png Ss_fe06_zephiel_wielding_eckesachs.png

Even in the manga it was relatively modest, with only the hilt being relatively overdone. Just like the Binding Blade, actually.

Well, true. I still think it looks off in the artwork though...

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eckesachs has always been "Eckesachs", though. That was the name it had in the internal game data.

And yeah, that's my biggest gripe about Zephiel's art in Heroes. Eckesachs doesn't look anywhere near as amazing as Yamada Koutarou's rendition of it in Hasha.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Even in the manga it was relatively modest, with only the hilt being relatively elaborate. Just like the Binding Blade, actually.

But it transforms. And still looks badass as fuck with the beautiful machined surface and aesthetic hexagonal cross-section, whereas the Heroes one just looks like sheet metal.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I swear he tries to get under Clarine's skirt though, how disgusting... And he seems way too full of himself.

So he's doing his job well as a bad guy you're supposed to hate (or love to hate, in plenty of people's cases, especially when your VA is Kaiji Tang and does such a good job). :P

And what do you mean he's full of himself that's blasphemous it's not like his name is a pun based on a word that literally means self-centeredness what gave you that idea

Edited by NoirCore

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Eckesachs has always been "Eckesachs", though. That was the name it had in the internal game data.

And yeah, that's my biggest gripe about Zephiel's art in Heroes. Eckesachs doesn't look anywhere near as amazing as Yamada Koutarou's rendition of it in Hasha.

Really? Huh. Guess I'll have to deal with it then.

By the way, speaking of art, Vax and I have a new mission for you... I think you were away at the time.

Spoiler

20170520_014511_zpsvlp43pb3.png

Speaking of Zephiel, I probably should have tried to pull for Hana while the banner was still running. That way I would have been able to save 20k feathers not promoting her for her L&D3 for Navarre if I got her.

Speaking of someone I did get: I think I can be fine sending my seven 3⋆ Cecilias home, can’t I? I still have three more 4⋆ Etrurian generals.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

By the way, speaking of art, Vax and I have a new mission for you... I think you were away at the time.

I did see that while I was going through the posts that I missed while I was at con.

I already have an idea what to do for that one.

Speaking of someone I did get: I think I can be fine sending my seven 3⋆ Cecilias home, can’t I? I still have three more 4⋆ Etrurian generals.

But Escape Route fodder!

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I did see that while I was going through the posts that I missed while I was at con.

Heh...

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I hope you will eventually show your creations to us humble mortals.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But Escape Route fodder!

Who appreciates Escape Route? Serious question.

I hope you will eventually show your creations to us humble mortals.

Might take a while. I'm notoriously slow at drawing unless I have a day to sit down and do nothing but draw.

Dancers.

A lot of the units that would want to use Wings of Mercy can also make use of Escape Route effectively, but it requires a different playstyle. In some situations, an Escape Route Dancer would be more useful than a WoM one.

Dancers.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

In some situations, an Escape Route Dancer would be more useful than a WoM one.

Ninian (the only dancer I actually use) already has Escape Route by default. I guess I can feed one of my 4⋆ Cecilias to Olivia and send the 3⋆s home, right?

Might take a while. I'm notoriously slow at drawing unless I have a day to sit down and do nothing but draw.

Take all the time you need, of course. I’m so jealous of you artsy people. I have absolutely no talent at drawing :(

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ninian (the only dancer I actually use) already has Escape Route by default. I guess I can feed one of my 4⋆ Cecilias to Olivia and send the 3⋆s home, right?

Where's your Azura?

40 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Gave my Azura escape route.

Best use of Cecilia ever

Gave my Ninian wings of mercy.

Best use of Cain ever