Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Sharena/Celica shipping... I think.

Thanks for the, uh, summary.

However, the wedding banners haven't dropped yet.  Please refrain from crazy ships until then!

Just now, eclipse said:

However, the wedding banners haven't dropped yet.  Please refrain from crazy ships until then!

I think they've been doing this on-and-off since before we datamined those roses.

Since I've neither summoned Celica nor got Shadows of Valentia yet (I somewhat intend to do the latter after the 2nd of June, to try and avoid getting distracted while I've got uni assignments due), I can't speak much on it.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of someone I did get: I think I can be fine sending my seven 3⋆ Cecilias home, can’t I? I still have three more 4⋆ Etrurian generals.

Wouldn't be better promote them all to 5" and make +10 Cecilia? You can't go wrong with that.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Seems like it's just horny boys talking about their yuri ships... 

I'm interested in the wedding banner though :D

Completely unrelated to everything else:

It's kind of interesting that Fury actually got stealth buffed by the fort changes. As long as you're sitting on a fort, Fury would usually reduce damage taken by an additional 1 (30 to 33 doesn't, but 31 to 34, 32 to 35, and 33 to 36 all would, so about 70-80% of the time, I'd say), meaning the 'backlash' is effectively only 2 damage a turn on a fort tile.

Conversely, L&D got stealth nerfed: On a fort, you always lose 1 extra hp, and sometimes lose 2 extra hp with L&D 3.

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Completely unrelated to everything else:

It's kind of interesting that Fury actually got stealth buffed by the fort changes. As long as you're sitting on a fort, Fury would usually reduce damage taken by an additional 1 (30 to 33 doesn't, but 31 to 34, 32 to 35, and 33 to 36 all would, so about 70-80% of the time, I'd say), meaning the 'backlash' is effectively only 2 damage a turn on a fort tile.

Conversely, L&D got stealth nerfed: On a fort, you always lose 1 extra hp, and sometimes lose 2 extra hp with L&D 3.

I don't know why: I like it when a game releases something new that adds stealth buffs and nerfs.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I don't know why: I like it when a game releases something new that adds stealth buffs and nerfs.

They should really nerf Cavalry mages. I had to fight three of them on the boat map. That was unwinnable...

Wow, Xander is far too OP.

My win streak in the arena was broken because my units could do almost no damage to him, even Subaki or Azura with a Sapphire Lance. That is messed up. I had six wins and this BS happens. This is what I hate about the arena.

Maybe they should change it to where you don't need a winning streak, only get seven wins.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My win streak in the arena was broken because my units could do almost no damage to him, not even Subaki with a Sapphire Lance. That is messed up. I had six wins and this BS happens. This is what I hate about the arena.

Fury Xander has 52 Def / 26 Res on a defense tile. Swordbreaker blues can simply lure him off the tile and KO him without too many issues. He's especially frail to magical attacks, even with WTA over green mages like Nino.

Great, but not broken.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Fury Xander has 52 Def / 26 Res on a defense tile. Swordbreaker blues can simply lure him off the tile and KO him without too many issues. He's especially frail to magical attacks, even with WTA over green mages like Nino.

Great, but not broken.

I don't know if this Xander had Fury or not. I didn't look. Don't have a blue unit with Swordbreaker that I can use except Abel, but with Azura and Subaki already on the team, three blue units is too unbalanced (Subaki is the only bonus unit I have this week). I don't have a good green mage either. Also, this Xander wasn't on a defense tile.

Sorry, but I think he's broken.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know if this Xander had Fury or not. I didn't look. Don't have a blue unit with Swordbreaker that I can use except Abel, but with Azura and Subaki already on the team, three blue units is too unbalanced (Subaki is the only bonus unit I have this week). I don't have a good green mage either. Also, this Xander wasn't on a defense tile.

Sorry, but I think he's broken.

Don't you have Ephraim too? Fury Xander has 27 Spd so Swordbreaker on him gives you another option.

Without the defensive tile, Azura ORKO's Xander without breaking a sweat; Fury Xander lives with 1 HP.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Don't you have Ephraim too? Fury Xander has 27 Spd so Swordbreaker on him gives you another option.

Without the defensive tile, Azura ORKO's Xander without breaking a sweat; Fury Xander lives with 1 HP.

Ephraim doesn't get Swordbreaker. :/

No, she doesn't. Mine did very little damage.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My win streak in the arena was broken because my units could do almost no damage to him, even Subaki or Azura with a Sapphire Lance. That is messed up. I had six wins and this BS happens. This is what I hate about the arena.

Maybe they should change it to where you don't need a winning streak, only get seven wins.

With no defense tile but with Fury, Xander has 40 Def and 20 Res. That's completely manageable. -Atk Azura with a Sapphire Lance+ has 40 Atk, which becomes 56 Atk against reds. That's plenty of damage, especially if she can double him, and the only way she can't is if both she's -Spd and he has Fury. (And if Azura is -Spd, that means she isn't -Atk.)

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ephraim doesn't get Swordbreaker. :/

No, she doesn't. Mine did very little damage.

Ephraim inherits Swordbreaker from Abel, was what I meant to say.

Calcs say otherwise. Azura has no issues KO'ing Xander from full in an emergency, if he doesn't have any buffs or defense tiles.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

With no defense tile but with Fury, Xander has 40 Def and 20 Res. That's completely manageable. -Atk Azura with a Sapphire Lance+ has 40 Atk, which becomes 56 Atk against reds. That's plenty of damage, especially if she can double him, and the only way she can't is if both she's -Spd and he has Fury. (And if Azura is -Spd, that means she isn't -Atk.)

Then why did my Azura only do around 6 damage total? No defense tile, not sure if Fury was there or not. He had buffs from an Olwen and Cecilia beforehand, but I baited him away from them and KO'd Olwen.

Edited by Anacybele

I have a -atk Azura and she pretty handily deals with all the Xander's I've encountered. 

The most trouble I've had with Xander is with my own. Who for the record is a 5*, but has largely been a dead weight on my team. This is admittedly mostly on my end though and it's getting better suprisingly since I stuck drag back on him for lack of a better idea. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then why did my Azura only do around 6 damage total? No defense tile, not sure if Fury was there or not.

Can you take a screenshot of your Azura's stats and skills?

It's possible that there were buffs on Xander and/or debuffs on Azura that you missed.