Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Oh right, it also works on EP. Arden needs wards and deflect magic.

Speaking of panic ploy, what if they introduce a skill that doubles the effect of buffs/penalties? +12/12 Rein GO!

A skill like that would need some very strict conditions (read: Mages can't use it), otherwise -blade is +60 damage. That's around 110 damage before reductions, even TA-3 leaves it with 66 damage leftover to OHKO.

Might be interesting as a melee weapon effect, though, as a companion to -blade effects. +1 CD, effect of buffs doubled.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Arden is slow but crazy fun in Tempest. Everything walks over to him just to die. Buffed by Delthea's tome and helped along by Draw Back and Deflect Magic 2 seal to keep mages from ORKO'ing him makes for fun times. I want to put Ignis on him but I feel like Buckler is saving me even though it's doing nothing. It's just that... he doesn't even need Ignis to kill things and he's taking no damage to begin with.

Also... yeah, I'm done with the dancer banner. I got Inigo who is objectively the best of the dancers and the possibility of getting nothing is too great. The Halloween banner is a better investment since it'll last a month and I'll go ahead and break my rate on the TT banner for the sake of potential Ayra since it's a solid 10 days to keep trying.

15 orbs for one full pull on the Halloween banner the day it comes out. After that it's pulling on the TT banner for reds until I get a *5 (Ayra or not), then I'm saving.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I thought it was Azura?

Azura can buff all 4 stats. Inigo can double as a meta counter with TA3/Raven and check Rein/Brave Lyn.

Edited by Zeo

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

A skill like that would need some very strict conditions (read: Mages can't use it), otherwise -blade is +60 damage. That's around 110 damage before reductions, even TA-3 leaves it with 66 damage leftover to OHKO.

Might be interesting as a melee weapon effect, though, as a companion to -blade effects. +1 CD, effect of buffs doubled.

I like that idea. I do not think melee weapons need the +1 cool down though. Melee units need every handicap they can get to be on par with ranged units.

That said, I do not mind Blades being more overpowered.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Arden is slow but crazy fun in Tempest. Everything walks over to him just to die. Buffed by Delthea's tome and helped along by Draw Back and Deflect Magic 2 seal to keep mages from ORKO'ing him makes for fun times. I want to put Ignis on him but I feel like Buckler is saving me even though it's doing nothing. It's just that... he doesn't even need Ignis to kill things and he's taking no damage to begin with.

Also... yeah, I'm done with the dancer banner. I got Inigo who is objectively the best of the dancers and the possibility of getting nothing is too great. The Halloween banner is a better investment since it'll last a month and I'll go ahead and break my rate on the TT banner for the sake of potential Ayra since it's a solid 10 days to keep trying.

15 orbs for one full pull on the Halloween banner the day it comes out. After that it's pulling on the TT banner for reds until I get a *5 (Ayra or not), then I'm saving.

Whoa lucky, I really wanted Inigo, too!

Also I'm a bit stupid, I was waiting for the SP weekend to grind up Shigure and Arden. I finished up for the night grinding them halfway then I realised- I forgot Shigure could learn B Tome Valour!! It only took me an Arena Assault battle battling one that I was reminded he had the Valour skill. What a waste of what could've been double SP (but at least he has like 15 more levels to grind).

Also I didn't realise I was training my 4 star Arden instead of the 5 stat one! (I wanted to learn the Follow-up Ring). So yeah back to square one for Arden, but man, he is pretty fun to use in TT with his huge defense.

Edited by mcsilas

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What do you mean by compression?

Role compression. Inigo is basically a dancer and a Rein/Lyn counter simultaneously, which makes teambuilding less restrictive. Azura is just a dancer and rallybot, which is not nearly as valuable. She does score better in arena though, due to BST 

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He's really good at squeezing.

What does he squeeze exactly? Is he flexible and can squeeze himself into the tightest position I can think of? That's good for a performer you know. Or is he good at squeezing objects. In which case I hope he can control it does doesn't squeeze my hand too hard if I give it to him. How does he handle peaches, butterflies, yams, and avocados?

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Role compression.

Please, you should run a Palm Inigo instead. Compression is nice, but it's good to do something different for a change. Hence my current team is a Palm Alchemist Inigo, a Elemental Point Blank Gunner Klein, Chaser Navarre, Beast Ike, and a Fantasia user and healer in Alphonse. 

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What does he squeeze exactly?

He squeezes your Orbs out when you try to summon for him.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

He squeezes your Orbs out when you try to summon for him.

So true. He squeezed my Orbs four times. I paid $39.99 expecting a lady to give me an Orbjob.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Whoa lucky, I really wanted Inigo, too!

Also I'm a bit stupid, I was waiting for the SP weekend to grind up Shigure and Arden. I finished up for the night grinding them halfway then I realised- I forgot Shigure could learn B Tome Valour!! It only took me an Arena Assault battle battling one that I was reminded he had the Valour skill. What a waste of what could've been double SP (but at least he has like 15 more levels to grind).

Also I didn't realise I was training my 4 star Arden instead of the 5 stat one! (I wanted to learn the Follow-up Ring). So yeah back to square one for Arden, but man, he is pretty fun to use in TT with his huge defense.

Using him is also more fun because he's double digits above his normal attack power. 4 ATK Tempest Bonus + 6 ATK from his Buddy Delthea + 3 ATK from his buddy Delthea.

13 more ATK than normal. If only I could fit Hector into my Tempest team to make him even more ridiculous. Rocking the Frederick/Rein Brave combo is mad fun though. I kind of want to give Hone Cav to someone other than Xander so they can build SP. But new life is breathed into the tempest for me tagging out teams destroying everything while Alvis stands as the pillar with healing and of course being the bonus unit. Also Inigo is stretching his legs here and there.

I've recently discovered that your summon support doesn't fully disappear when you stop supporting a unit. The bonuses go, but the little animation can still be watched in the summon support section and a letter remains on the unit in the catalogue.

Because of this, I've begun S-Supporting all of my male units xD I just love the adorable blushing animations for S rank :D Currently S-Supported Rein, Camus, Sigurd, Matthew and am in the process of getting Naked Xander up. I will also do Neutral Xander, who is on B Rank, hopefully before the TT ends. That's my grinding spot for this at the moment :)

...I am not the most faithful Summoner... ^.^''

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Shame on you!

I would never abandon Sharena and her trust!

I just want to spread my support around. Reinhardt shouldn't get all of it - the other guys might get jealous :O

xD

28 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've recently discovered that your summon support doesn't fully disappear when you stop supporting a unit. The bonuses go, but the little animation can still be watched in the summon support section and a letter remains on the unit in the catalogue.

Because of this, I've begun S-Supporting all of my male units xD I just love the adorable blushing animations for S rank :D Currently S-Supported Rein, Camus, Sigurd, Matthew and am in the process of getting Naked Xander up. I will also do Neutral Xander, who is on B Rank, hopefully before the TT ends. That's my grinding spot for this at the moment :)

...I am not the most faithful Summoner... ^.^''

Will you be pairing the Xanders up? Xander Emblem intensifies

@Vaximillian Speaking of Sharena, I've started supporting Anna and Sharena since I use them together in the Arena. Together, they shall become Shannarena!  (Or Shareanna...Share-Anna?)

Also I just realised 'arena' is in Sharena. She is destined to be Arena Queen....errr.. Princess...

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Sharena, I've started supporting Anna and Sharena since I use them together in the Arena. Together, they shall become Shannarena!  (Or Shareanna...Share-Anna?)

Also I just realised 'arena' is in Sharena. She is destined to be Arena Queen....errr.. Princess...

And split up the Xanhardt? Never!

Though Naked and Bunny Xanders can possibly go together... Not sure they'd work well. Since I'm using them together, I've been tempted to go Naked Xannes...

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian Speaking of Sharena…

Xander, Xander, Xander, and Innes or Arvis. Go Xander Emblem!

Sharena/Celica is the one true romantic pairing of my continuity, with me×Sharena as the one true platonic one.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Innes or Arvis.

Voiced by Xander Mobus so it works!

So you know how we have Halloween Jakob? Part of me is thinking Felicia would have a Christmas version because her Ice Tribe totally fits with the winter season! Just like how Ninian would really fit!

Maybe Dark Flier Felicia? Or flying staff Pegasus Knight Felicia just so we finally have a ranged flier of all colours.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Xander, Xander, Xander, and Innes or Arvis. Go Xander Emblem!

Sharena/Celica is the one true romantic pairing of my continuity, with me×Sharena as the one true platonic one.

I used Camus because he looks vaguely like Xander at a squint lol

I call him Not!Xander for my Xander Emblem :D

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Voiced by Xander Mobus so it works!

So you know how we have Halloween Jakob? 

Exactly why I suggested those two.

Seasonal units don’t exist in my continuity. Let’s have new heroes instead of recycles and rehashes.

Have Sumia promoted to dark flier for flying tomes. Bring back the Jugdrali or 3DS falcons for flying staves. Make the Archanean ballisticians into pseudo-bow armours. Endless possibilities for new units, damn it.

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I used Camus because he looks vaguely like Xander at a squint lol

Day 304: They still didn’t notice I’m not one of them.

Edited by Vaximillian