Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

40 minutes ago, Hilda said:

while the effort for this Felicia is amazing, her built is fucking terrible. Close counter is definitly not something anyone should run on Felicia. This built is undermining her one streanght she has: RES, and trying to fix a weakness one cant fix on her: DEF

While her DEF and ATK are terrible, with all that this player has put into her she hits respectable highs. 21 Def isn't much on it's own but Rogue Dagger buffs and Seal ATK/ATK Smoke effectively bring her up to 32 which is boosted up to Lukas levels of 38 when she's being attacked thanks to Close DEF. It's not optimal, but it's workable. Maybe wouldn't be so great without Summoner support though.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeah. I noticed it during the new book chapters when I tried to view the new skills for everyone. I could view them, but I had to hold my tongue just right and tap like a madman.

Okay. XD Phew. Relief. I'm generally careful with my phone, and it's good to me. I get a little weirded out when this stuff happens.

Yep, that's it. I've had it happen for the new Season thing on the main Castle screen as well, although I got that to stay on screen one time. I'm surprised that they're fixing and apologizing for something else first, but I guess they just haven't worked out a fix yet.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yep, that's it. I've had it happen for the new Season thing on the main Castle screen as well, although I got that to stay on screen one time. I'm surprised that they're fixing and apologizing for something else first, but I guess they just haven't worked out a fix yet.

Oh well. I mean, it's a little thing, and I can live. As long as my phone isn't bugging out. I will say that I've had trouble with the game constantly redownloading data. But that was happening before the fix. I thought it was because I was running out of space on my phone, so I deleted some apps and pics. I may try redownloading the entire app again.

On a completely separate note... We've got that VG coming up soon. I can't remember how early they usually put out the banners for these things, but we should be getting news about that pretty soon, huh?

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

While her DEF and ATK are terrible, with all that this player has put into her she hits respectable highs. 21 Def isn't much on it's own but Rogue Dagger buffs and Seal ATK/ATK Smoke effectively bring her up to 32 which is boosted up to Lukas levels of 38 when she's being attacked thanks to Close DEF. It's not optimal, but it's workable. Maybe wouldn't be so great without Summoner support though.

Is this a joke? I’m not laughing.

Lukas has 38 base Def, and realisitically he will have much more with natures and boosts. He also has a color that gives him extra bulk against another color. Felicia has no such luxury.

That’s like saying Nino can run Gronnraven Adept because her Res is above average. No, that’s not how you build a unit. At all.

Close Counter is a complete and utter waste on her. She has nowhere near enough Atk to get good counter-damage off that justifies losing her A slot, especially since her base Atk is pathetic.

Kitty Paddle with double Distant Def or Magic Deflect would have been much better; at least then she has a skillset that complements her niche.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh well. I mean, it's a little thing, and I can live. As long as my phone isn't bugging out. I will say that I've had trouble with the game constantly redownloading data. But that was happening before the fix. I thought it was because I was running out of space on my phone, so I deleted some apps and pics. I may try redownloading the entire app again.

Oh yeah, I had that same redownloading issue. It was like 719.6 MB(?) big or so every time. Maybe that's another iOS thing, if deleting apps and such didn't help? Although it hasn't happened to me yet after the 2.0 update, so perhaps it's gone for now. And we didn't even get any apology orbs for it...

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh yeah, I had that same redownloading issue. It was like 719.6 MB(?) big or so every time. Maybe that's another iOS thing, if deleting apps and such didn't help? Although it hasn't happened to me yet after the 2.0 update, so perhaps it's gone for now. And we didn't even get any apology orbs for it...

That's the one. It's a pain when I open up the app in the morning and want to mess around for 10 minutes before work, and have to wait 15 minutes for all that mess to redownload. I suppose there's a chance it is iOS. I'll fiddle around with it and look into some more possible fixes.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Why Deflect Missile? Why not Distant Def or Deflect Magic? Deflect Missile would only matter against A. Close Counter bow/dagger units that can double Fjorm (IE. +SPD Takumi), Brave Bow+ Archers or Firesweep Bow+ Archers.

You use whatever you want, I just feel like you have better Seal options for her.

You are right, luckily I have distant def 3 and deflect magic 2 available. I wish there was a quicker way to swap seals.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lukas has 38 base Def, and realisitically he will have much more with natures and boosts. He also has a color that gives him extra bulk against another color. Felicia has no such luxury.

That’s like saying Nino can run Gronnraven Adept because her Res is above average. No, that’s not how you build a unit. At all.

Close Counter is a complete and utter waste on her. She has nowhere near enough Atk to get good counter-damage off that justifies losing her A slot, especially since her base Atk is pathetic.

Kitty Paddle with double Distant Def or Magic Deflect would have been much better; at least then she has a skillset that complements her niche.

Well... she CAN run Raven Adept. She just does terrible against Bows and good against Rein, and also she is infinitely better with her default weapon and usually survives non QPMB Reins just fine with +4 Res and base Res/HP, but that doesn't stop me from wasting a perfectly valuable Gronnraven on her (ps I'm not wasting Gronnraven on Nino)

Only issue with Kitty Paddle is that it's a seasonal-exclusive weapon, and arguably it'd be better on Olivia, who can dance, so if you don't have more than one copy then tough luck.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Only issue with Kitty Paddle is that it's a seasonal-exclusive weapon, and arguably it'd be better on Olivia, who can dance, so if you don't have more than one copy then tough luck.

Rogue Dagger is also fine and gives her extra Res.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ogma CAN run Iceberg.

Virion CAN run Defiant Res, and he’s nice enough to have it in his kit too!

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Virion CAN run Defiant Res, and he’s nice enough to have it in his kit too!

I laughed IRL. Shoutouts to Oboro's Threaten RES.

49 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I said it wasn't optimal, I wasn't endorsing it. I just said it was "workable". It's 38 DEF on a character who has 18 at base, that's a substantial improvement and if that's what the player wants then he can do it. I only used Lukas as a reference for her DEF, not to compare her to the infinitely superior unit (which I have and carried me through earlygame). There are much worse things you can do with a unit is my point (memory of that one Hector build with Emerald Axe, Pass and Glacies comes to mind). Yes, Felicia is a mage counter and I know that. I really hope you didn't think that I didn't.

I run Close Counter on Matthew. Who has 30 DEF at base, Rogue Dagger+ / ATK Debuffs bumps him to 41/29 defensively with 41 HP. He's not the best with mages but he's reasonably hard to a nightmare to kill and that 2 ATK difference he has on Felicia can boost up by an extra 4 points if he's +ATK. And that's with no merges or summoner support. Now, If that's a joke, tell me.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo My Hector can hit 41 Res with no merges or summoner support, do I win?

He’s free to build his Felicia however he wants, but that build really sells her short if he wanted to get the most out of her. I apologize if I sounded too harsh though, that probably wasn’t necessary orz

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Zeo My Hector can hit 41 Res with no merges or summoner support, do I win?

He’s free to build his Felicia however he wants, but that build really sells her short if he wanted to get the most out of her. I apologize if I sounded too harsh though, that probably wasn’t necessary orz

+RES/Defiant Res 3/Fortify Res/Distant Def Seal/Resistance 3 Seal/Warding Stance|Blow. No because that's bad and you should feel bad. He can... counter Rein?.. yeah that's terrible.

And yeah it's fine, that Felicia isn't built to her strengths, you know it and I know it. Just needed to make sure you weren't questioning my intelligence or ability to build units properly.

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@MrSmokestack I have a single Genny thanks to this banner. She's +Res/-Spd. If you can, please defend and explain why I should keep her instead of giving Wrathful Staff to Maria.

Genny’s Spd isn’t that great to begin with, and at least her base Res is good.

More importantly, she didn’t choose to be this way. Would you so heartlessly feed a sheep that had no agency over her own circumstances? Civilized society makes the best out of these flaws, not lock them away where no one can see them.

No bulli

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

+RES/Defiant Res 3/Fortify Res/Distant Def Seal/Resistance 3 Seal/Warding Stance|Blow. No because that's bad and you should feel bad. He can... counter Rein?.. yeah that's terrible.

Um...no? It’s a lot simpler than that.

Two stacks of Ward Armors, one Fortify Armors, Distant Def seal, and an S Support with Zephiel. +22 Res hype

Magic Deflect makes quick work of Reinhardt anyway but Ward Emblem is a legitimate strategy, I’ll have you know.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Um...no? It’s a lot simpler than that.

Two stacks of Ward Armors, one Fortify Armors, Distant Def seal, and an S Support with Zephiel. +22 Res hype

Magic Deflect makes quick work of Reinhardt anyway but Ward Emblem is a legitimate strategy, I’ll have you know.

Forgot about the simplicity of emblem buffs. Ward Emblem sounds more like an annoyance than anything. But I have hard counters to armor emblem anyway so meh.

If I see annoying Armor Emblem setups in AA I just use my Axebreaker Tobin to nuke Hector/Amelia/Henry and Lancebreaker Delthea to nuke Effie/BK/Arden/Zephiel. Jakob is the only pest, but even he can be dealt with using one of my 3 raven mages of each color.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

More importantly, she didn’t choose to be this way. Would you so heartlessly feed a sheep that had no agency over her own circumstances? Civilized society makes the best out of these flaws, not lock them away where no one can see them.

No bulli

Dazzling Genny is doing wonders for me, hitting everything like a truck and not getting countered. Danced by Azura and she finishes them off, plus gravity'ing adjacent enemies.

Wow the refinery has widened people's creativity: saw a Niles on arena (5☆+6) with Res Slaying Bow, Quick Riposte, Def Ploy and DD seal (why the heck would one use QR on Niles?). He was no match against my 44 base spd Lon'qu anyways.

23 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

why the heck would one use QR on Niles?

I don't think it's completely out of place, a lot of the better mages are fast enough to avoid being doubled by him. I'd imagine it's better in PvE than on an Arena Defense team. I actually ran into a +10 Slaying Bow/Iceberg/Cancel Affinity/QP Niles myself once, which is probably a better build for Arena Defense mage countering...

35 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Dazzling Genny is doing wonders for me, hitting everything like a truck and not getting countered. Danced by Azura and she finishes them off, plus gravity'ing adjacent enemies.

Dazzling+Wrathful healers are hilarious, indeed.

56 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Yep! Genny’s Gravity+ was my first refined weapon. Now if I can get some merges to go along with my summoner support...

I’m working on getting Lukas’s Slaying Lance up to snuff next, but I want my first legendary upgrade to be Ephraim’s Prf.

56 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

why the heck would one use QR on Niles?

It’s not that bad, though a bit questionable since he can only counter from two range. It does have synergy with his Killer weapon to proc specials consistently, and his Res can sponge mage hits nicely. He lacks damage mitigation though so he’ll run out of steam too quickly for QR to be that good on him, especially when -Blade mages can still take a chunk out of his low HP.

It became evident to me while doing Arena Assault... I do not have enough Raventomes or Dancers.

It's partly my fault about the dancers thing (I'm only missing Azura of the summoning pool dancers we have now, but I stopped bothering with the Ylissian half of the Performing Arts banner when I couldn't summon anymore), but I don't know what much else I can do about my lack of Raventomes. I have Sophia, Cecilia, and PA!Shigure and that's about it. I could probably build up F!Robin for Green, M!Robin for Blue, and pray Henry can fill in for Red, but otherwise... hm. This is troubling.

By the way, I can now say that Forged Lightning Breath+ is the best thing since the wheel. So long as she can take a hit or two from Brave Lyn, my Nowi is able to one-hit her dead. It's not even the +Atk Lightning Breath, it's +Res Lightning Breath.

Oh man I can't wait to upgrade Fae and A!Tikis Lightning Breaths...

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

No bulli

Fair and understandable points. Maria will refrain from adding lamb to her diet for now. And besides, I need to Support her with Sonya now anyway.