Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I would loathe that story twist if they did that, honestly. So far, I've liked how it's gone. They've been forced to retreat plenty of times, including abandoning the villages to Surtr, even if they were able to save at least the people in one.

On another note, I've managed to complete another set of GHB quests :D So happy! 

It was only Lloyd's, so again not the most difficult, and I'd completed the armour, cavalry and infantry ones before today. However, my weakest team has always been fliers, but I did it today and on my first attempt with them.

Bunny Camilla, Narcian, Palla and Subaki all worked together to take him down ^.^

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

For stupid reasons, I want Alfonse to straight up die during the story at some point just to see what they could do with that and how people would react to that. Gameplay-wise, he should still be usable since it would suck for future quests involving him. He'd likely have to be resurrected at some point, but something interesting could come out of it like Alfonse's death leads to the (temporary) defeat of the Order of Heroes and/or his corpse being reanimated to fight us which could lead to something like perhaps the defection or at least disgust from Veronica and Xander or even Bruno actively helping or even joining us with his rage from seeing his friend's desecrated body allowing him temporarily override his cursed blood. At the very least, we could get jokes like the "If you strike me down, I will shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" reference or that Alfonse had to die to become a viable unit. Cue Alfonse becoming the first unit with +180 BST and/or 45 base attack as a result. :p

I hope she isn't the next legendary hero because I would really, really want to summon her and legendary hero banners haven't been kind to me when it comes to summoning legendary heroes. I'm expecting to go 0/4 for legendary heroes when the banner is up in a few days. A freebie Laegjarn would be nice. Now, if only the developers could make it so you can't send her, Fjorm, or Gunnthra home or use them for skill inheritance because it's kind of stupid that you can and then they throw stuff like Fjorm quests at us knowing there's a chance people don't have her anymore and can't get her. Anyway, Laegjarn's awesome so far. Whenever CYL3 comes up, I'm considering voting for her.

Then we get dark alfonse in another fallen banner

I'm not a big fan of legendary banners either but it's mostly because I didn't care much for Gunnthra or LIke (and I get a free one anyways!) and unlike the first legendary banner, we had like two days to see who is on it so I'd be going in with 0 orbs.

15 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Whoops yeah she's +Atk, I'm just a bit surprised how spd (and stats in general) can go sky high with refinements and skills.

Yeah I plan on giving him Blazing Durandal but that'll take some time.

Is 40 high? 

It seems like the bare minimum to not get doubled in the current meta game. 

4 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Is 40 high? 

It seems like the bare minimum to not get doubled in the current meta game. 

It is respectable to me. Besides, raw numbers mean few when you have a bunch of extra skills like hone, spur, drive, ploys, panic and whatnot, at your disposal.

49 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Then we get dark alfonse in another fallen banner

That also means we get the best fallen hero, right? :p

Spoiler

Alfonse, Defiled Prince
Legendary Hero of Fire, Sword Infantry
Fire Blessing bonuses: +3 HP, +2 Atk

49 HP, 40 Atk, 26 Spd, 29 Def, 18 Res

Dáinsleif: "16 Mt. Grants +6 Atk. If unit does not participate in combat during a turn, unit takes 6 damage at the start of a turn. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts status on foe preventing them from healing until they are defeated."

Dragon Fang

Fury 3

Múspell's Curse: Unit cannot be healed. After combat, if unit attacked, restores 4 HP. If unit defeats a foe, restore 10 HP.

Panic Ploy 3

Dumped his defenses to give him a massive attack stat to symbolize this is a dead Alfonse who was just reanimated and sent out as a killing machine. His high health is just the reanimation magic fueling his corpse. Surtr, Loki, or whoever could not give a damn if Alfonse's body can survive or not. It's just there to do as much damage as possible and if it gets destroyed, well, then that means Askr and the Order of Heroes really will have no way to save their beloved prince. Dáinsleif I just Googled "cursed/evil weapons in Norse mythology" and apparently it's a sword that leaves wounds that never heal on its victims and cannot be sheathed until it kills someone. Can't have a legendary hero without a unique skill, right? Well, that's Múspell's Curse is for. Once again, referencing Alfonse's undead nature and a feed the flames sort of deal where to sustain himself, he needs to kill things and if he doesn't, then he'll burn himself away.

Yep, I'm going all in for the darkest of plots in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Freaking 65 total attack with his default kit. 32 additional damage from Dragon Fang and 19 from Draconic Aura. Against a green with 35 defense, his normal attack does 43 damage. That's probably death for every non-armor green.

49 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I'm not a big fan of legendary banners either but it's mostly because I didn't care much for Gunnthra or LIke (and I get a free one anyways!) and unlike the first legendary banner, we had like two days to see who is on it so I'd be going in with 0 orbs.

I'm just annoyed that story characters have to be summoned if you want them earlier or at all which would a very scummy thing to do and that for whatever reason, they haven't locked at least one copy of a story-related legendary hero from being used or sent home. Fjorm being barely present in the chapters after her recruitment doesn't help, but it's just odd that you can do that. The other thing is why was Gunnthra even made playable when she wasn't even seen until her introduction and to this day, she still hasn't been seen in any of the story chapters. She gets a name drop every now and again, but here she is, available for summoning and just being there while story Fjorm and everyone else looking for her story self. Banners being banners, everything is up to chance, so summoning for certain units is a pain regardless.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

@mampfoid So I gave my word, and fulfilled it accordingly :awesome:

57 atk is cool for someone with dem eyes. 140 dew to get Blazing Durandal ×__×

He looks cool! Mine (+SPD) is looking like this currently: 

GX2jxwY.png

The last merges won't be the problem, but to get enough dew for his weapon. Since I got a lot of good Sword Cavs already and units that want Dew, he has to wait a little.  

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The last merges won't be the problem, but to get enough dew for his weapon. Since I got a lot of good Sword Cavs already and units that want Dew, he has to wait a little.  

Speaking of dew, my Marth will have his improved sword tomorrow (150 dew and exactly 46 rocks at the moment). He already looks pretty good!

Screenshot_20180224_150810.png

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of dew, my Marth will have his improved sword tomorrow (150 dew and exactly 46 rocks at the moment). He already looks pretty good!

Nice, that will drive his team mates happy. Will you make him full support with the healer kit? 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice, that will drive his team mates happy. Will you make him full support with the healer kit? 

To be honest, I don’t really want to. I mean, I already have Martha with healer kit.

7 hours ago, KongDude said:

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that the Order of Heroes has to win everytime? I was kind of hoping Laegjarn would overpower in the end.

I hope Laegjarn is a future legendary hero at some point. She's got "the smile" but she's actually my favorite of the Heroes OCs now. If not, then you know where all my CYL votes are going.

I hope that as well and who knows we might get her since we still need a colorless legendary hero and from what I read from some of the data miners there's something different about her files compared to the other villains.

Sitting on enough dew for an upgrade, two if I spend the rest of my stones. Right now my tentative choice is Masked Marth as that will probably be my highest merged 5 star forever assuming they hand out another two copies every few months. But boosting one of my falchions seems disingenuous when healing others is their 9 to 5 work day, as opposed to fighting. Maybe the presence of Grima in Arena will change my tune.

I really think they ought to reward divine dew on its own, rather than exclusively tied to refinery stones. The amount of dew upgrades I could feasibly make greatly outstrip the number of sensible stone upgrades I would want to make. A lot of stone-based upgrades just aren't that great once you've finished with your dragons, healers, and daggers. 

I don't know if this is just a coincidence or not, but the upcoming new heroes banner (not a special banner) is on the same day as International Women's Day, which is the 8th of March.

Edited by silveraura25

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I actually did this to use him as Hardin support

It was great although in a weird sense of irony would be more effective without S support on my Hardin

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I actually did this to use him as Hardin support

It was great although in a weird sense of irony would be more effective without S support on my Hardin

Why would that be more effective? My Marth didn't get his promotion yet. 

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why would that be more effective? My Marth didn't get his promotion yet. 

Its kind of a fringe case kind of thing for Reciprocal Aid

Marth Maximum HP is 41 which become 44 with Falchion. Assuming you had Merge advantage on Marth, its likely he'd have same max HP as Hardin which allows an easier use for Armor Boots and other potential 100% HP skills without requiring HP boosting seals on Marth

Obviously S support Hardin is even more of a monster than normal Hardin so S Hardin + Marth is more effective than Hardin + S Marth or neutral on both and this assumes lopsided merges as well. On an S Hardin, only Chrom is capable of top-upping his HP as a pure medic(obviously Hardin didn't get Omni Drive 1 with Chrom)

Of course if Gradivus got refine that gave Renewal all of this are moot

Also imo Basilikos, Mystletainn, Hauteclere, Almchion, Marthchion are the only one of the weapons that are fully worth it. Awakechion is amazing but mostly because of character tie ups

Durandal is a real unique case

42 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its kind of a fringe case kind of thing for Reciprocal Aid

Ah, ok the HP thing. 

Hardin seems really badass. 

43 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also imo Basilikos, Mystletainn, Hauteclere, Almchion, Marthchion are the only one of the weapons that are fully worth it. Awakechion is amazing but mostly because of character tie ups

Durandal is a real unique case

Wingsword and that Plate are my next upgrades (if nothing else cool and shiny emerges), I like gimmicky things. If I had a Sanaki she would get her upgrade to fly with the cool guys. Eldigan got too much competition in Siegbert, Xander & Roy (Eliwood also). 

So far Hauteclere (Minerva, +SPD refinement) and Almchion got their upgrades. 

Speaking of the plot, here’s my guess on how it’s gonna go:

Sutr is not actually evil, but was driven insane by the power of the Flame Dragon. Loki is not really loyal to Muspell and is actually using the war to resurrect some random big evil Dragon. Laegjarn will be a Camus, and will die serving her country, but her death will inspire Laevatein to switch sides. Veronica will get fed up with Sutr’s actions and also switch sides, despite her doing similar things in the initial chapters of Heroes. 

Yeah, I know it’s generic Fire Emblem plot, but it’s the feeling I got after the last chapter.

Edited by Water Mage

Possessed Takumi has got to be one of my favorite units aesthetically. I was wondering if they would commission Hino Shinnosuke for more artwork from seeing Takumi's (and forgetting about Leo's because I've never summoned him) after he showed up during the CYL1 banner and lo, and behold, they commissioned Hino possessed Takumi. The other neat thing which I just noticed is that Skadi has a dark magic effect for its attacks unlike other bows which have normal, physical damage effects.

Anyway, part of me is wondering if they're setting up possessed Takumi for a future, eventual weapon refinement update. Assuming that all weapons will become available for refinement eventually, Skadi having a stronger effect right off the bat I think would have caused an issue. Skadi already has a turn-based, but vertically infinite ranged, and 10 damage version of Sinmara's "Threaten Health" and a turn-based Panic Ploy. If it had activated every third turn and it effect was improved when refined, then I don't know what they could do without it being very dumb. For example, every second turn would be ridiculous and its range being cardinal like the other ploys might not be a good idea when its natural range is a vertical and 3 tile wide. And then you have to factor in its unique refinement. Skadi's effect only working on turn 3 sets it up for improved effect that would be contained.

Another issue is about its Spd+3 since it seems to be there so that Skadi wouldn't be a glorified Silver Bow+ with an effect that only works once unlike other legendary/personal weapons having effects that work at least most of the time. That is to say, a weapon like Folkvangr always works when Alfonse is half dead and never that it works once when he's half dead and never again for the remainder of the battle after the next battle or if he heals up and drop back down or how as underwhelming as Pass 2 is on a 2 movement unit, unrefined Fujin Yumi's effect always works when regular Takumi has >= 50% HP. A refined Skadi would probably retain its Spd+3 and maybe be able to stack a speed refine for +5 speed for possessed Takumi. If not, they could just lock the speed refinement option and only allow Skadi to gain +2 HP and +1 Mt or +3 Def or Res, or a unique effect.

Thing is that not all legendary or weapons will gain improved effects when they're refined like the effective and Killer weapons, but if they could be improved then how and where should they start? Skadi's effect is strong for all intents and purposes, but limited as it only works on turn 3. An improved effect when refined could give incentive to refine Skadi while also grounding it from being too powerful both from the start and when refined. Even then, the fact that it is a legendary/personal weapon would mean it would have access to a unique refinement option where even if its effect doesn't change when refined, whatever its unique effect would be could make Skadi an even better bow.

For something different, how would people feel about in-combat debuffs? So, an equivalent of Steady Stance 3 being -6 Atk on the foe when the unit is attacked instead of +6 defense when to the unit when they are attacked. It could work as a way of lowering the enemy's damage output or defenses and lowering the special damage since -6 Atk, Def or Res would cut into their damage with DA/DF, Bonfire/Ignis, or Iceberg/Glacies. If anything, it could be a potential unique effect for a refined Fensalir in addition to it having Threaten Atk 3 as it improved effect. After all, who would want to hurt Sharena?

On 2/23/2018 at 2:35 PM, Absolute Zero said:

Anyone else expecting the voting gauntlet to be Hero Rises vs Fallen Heroes?

So LIke, Christmas Tharja, Axzura, Hector vs Grima, Hardin, Witch Celica, and Ryoma?

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So LIke, Christmas Tharja, Axzura, Hector vs Grima, Hardin, Witch Celica, and Ryoma?

Somehow, I'm half-expecting it to be Love Abounds vs. Fallen Heroes as it feels like a stupid and nonsensical enough of an idea for them to go for both will end a day after the gauntlet. Anankumi's GHB also happens to end at the same time the gauntlet does for what that's worth.

Edited by Tybrosion

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That wouldn't be too bad as a consolation prize for people who didn't want L!Ike.

Although of course they have to go through the hell of actually summoning the other three, but that could also explain the ??? in the Voting Gauntlet title since they wouldn't know the top 4 at the time of the calendar release.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I’m still thinking it could be based around weekly GHB units which would be hype, though I’m not sure who would take the eighth spot. Hmmmm. 

Ryoma

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Anyone know what arena maps are next in line to appear?

I'm debating if I should promote possessed Takumi for a defense team or not. I guess depending on the map it might be useful?

He seems pretty fun on defense, but personally I tend to have the most defense success when just throwing together high-point armors. I guess that brings in more opponents, since I don't think my armors are my hardest-to-defeat units.

I upgraded him anyway, just because he's fun.