Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

She does good work, but her voice lines arrrgh.

At least she does her best.

Build her. She's the best possible green mage for you to +10 unless you're a whale, and even if you don't want to +10 her she's a beast.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

welcome back! 

I don't plan to stay for long, no later then Friday, after that I'm gone until Thracia drops, then I'll return for a few days and leave again, it's healthier for me that way.

And when FEH finally features a banner with a character I love enough to starting summoning, expect possible squealing and fanciful prose and celebration on my part. By the time that comes, I should have 200+ passively obtained orbs, which from what I see on this site should be enough to pull 1 copy of a character I want on average (I'm not going to try for more than that, if my Pent is Calm (+Res - Atk) I'll just have to deal with it, gotta be frugal with the Summonspheres).

And with that said, the Illusory Dungeon is going to return in a few days. New music and new ending surprise (how about they leap into a field of endless flowers?) I would hazard to guess. I'm just hoping Illusory Dungeon eventually leads to TMS representatives coming along. Although if they get cameoed without being playable, one tablet will meet its demise. Not sure whether it'd be my fist or a TV remote that skewers it, it'll depend on what I have on hand at the time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

At least she does her best.

Build her. She's the best possible green mage for you to +10 unless you're a whale, and even if you don't want to +10 her she's a beast.

I'm indifferent about Nino's voicework (and art), but I'd take both of them over Tailtiu's. That said, those two plus Tharja are pretty much my multi-coloured agents of destruction so I can forgive their faults. None of them are even merged, but all are +spd, luckily.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

I'm indifferent about Nino's voicework (and art), but I'd take both of them over Tailtiu's. That said, those two plus Tharja are pretty much my multi-coloured agents of destruction so I can forgive their faults. None of them are even merged, but all are +spd, luckily.

I pulled a +SPD/-ATK Bride Caeda back on the original BB banner. I eventually gave her a blade tome. She still occasionally struggles to kill things with her +ATK Odin tier ATK stat. But there's nothing she can't double. Tharja is also +SPD/-ATK Tharja at *4 but she's +5. She put in work for me during the very first tempest so I kept her.

I don't have any red blade tomes at *5 and I probably won't any time soon unless I give Lilina a nuke build but I want to wait for Forblaze so yeah. I have a flying blue blade tome, an infantry blue blade tome and Nino. I have a +ATK/-RES Mae and Neutral Tailtiu I could promote but I'm alright for now.

Only one blade tome green, that's Nino and she's all I need. Could give my ToD!Henry a blade tome but feels like a waste.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Can never have anough blade tomes.

Boey and Merric are terrible at it, Cecillia is a TA Raven tome with Bowbreaker, I don't have Sonya, Julia, Deirdre or S!Elise. Gunnthra doesn't need one and LA!Lilina and ToD!Henry are my resident green tome benchwarmers.

Pretty much Nino's my only option. Her being one of my favorite characters is a bonus though.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I pulled a +SPD/-ATK Bride Caeda back on the original BB banner. I eventually gave her a blade tome. She still occasionally struggles to kill things with her +ATK Odin tier ATK stat. But there's nothing she can't double. Tharja is also +SPD/-ATK Tharja at *4 but she's +5. She put in work for me during the very first tempest so I kept her.

I don't have any red blade tomes at *5 and I probably won't any time soon unless I give Lilina a nuke build but I want to wait for Forblaze so yeah. I have a flying blue blade tome, an infantry blue blade tome and Nino. I have a +ATK/-RES Mae and Neutral Tailtiu I could promote but I'm alright for now.

Only one blade tome green, that's Nino and she's all I need. Could give my ToD!Henry a blade tome but feels like a waste.

Yeah, Caeda was my Blarblade mage for a long time, but got nowhere near as much action as Nino. Like yours, she was -atk. Unlike yours, she was +res. Yeah, that wasn't great. Since then though, I've acquired a couple of Lindes, a Delthea and a Katarina, all with neutral offensive stats (and all off-focus). All could use blade tomes but I'm reluctant to make the investment as to be honest, these days all my infantry mages are just backup to the two real blade monsters, Cecilia and Summer Corrin.

I have a +2 Lilina as well, who is just using a refined Bolganone+ for now, like you waiting for a Prf upgrade. A 4-star Lilina was arguably my best unit back in the first month of the game so there's a sentimental value there.

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, Soren has higher attack (but lower SPD) than Tailtiu for example. I don't know how you like his art in comparison to Nino though. 

Forgot about Soren. He's another one of my favorites, but I always sat on him, never fully built him and it ended up working out. He's got Wind's Brand now so he's out as a blade tome.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, Caeda was my Blarblade mage for a long time, but got nowhere near as much action as Nino. Like yours, she was -atk. Unlike yours, she was +res. Yeah, that wasn't great. Since then though, I've acquired a couple of Lindes, a Delthea and a Katarina, all with neutral offensive stats (and all off-focus). All could use blade tomes but I'm reluctant to make the investment as to be honest, these days all my infantry mages are just backup to the two real blade monsters, Cecilia and Summer Corrin.

I have a +2 Lilina as well, who is just using a refined Bolganone+ for now, like you waiting for a Prf upgrade. A 4-star Lilina was arguably my best unit back in the first month of the game so there's a sentimental value there.

S!Corrin was my first Blarblade mage (again... -ATK). I've never pulled the premiere green or blue mages like Linde, Julia etc. But I have pulled a +ATK/-SPD Delthea (essentially one hit nuke city with Lancebreaker) and two Celicas. I have a +DEF/-HP Lilina who's waiting to be merged into a +ATK/-DEF one but again I'm waiting on Forblaze which is why I'm not going for a one hit nuke Blade build.

As for my best unit in the early days it varied. -ATK Kagero used to put in work the first week or so. Soren and Lukas were my MVPs during the early game though. Soren/Lukas/Olivia/Wrys. My first main team... was a struggle but they were champs.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Can never have anough blade tomes.

But the problem is sometimes even when you just see the usability of it there's not much mages with that much speed to be good bladetome user , and I don't like playing defensively either so  while WETharja, Halloween Henry and Valyntine are all good defensive blade tome material I'm not gonna use them. And infantries seems meh that even if tactic skill can buff them up , they still lacks the unique movements. 

I wonder if Spring Catria will be fast enough to appeal for blade tome build for me, I have pretty high standard. For now I've been planning to aim for Gleipnir Eirika if she's focus again and maybe a L'Arachel if I can get one. For now, the ones in my army that  have bladetomes are Gunnthra, Corrin, Nowi, Olwen. 

19 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

But the problem is sometimes even when you just see the usability of it there's not much mages with that much speed to be good bladetome user , and I don't like playing defensively either so  while WETharja, Halloween Henry and Valyntine are all good defensive blade tome material I'm not gonna use them. And infantries seems meh that even if tactic skill can buff them up , they still lacks the unique movements. 

I wonder if Spring Catria will be fast enough to appeal for blade tome build for me, I have pretty high standard. For now I've been planning to aim for Gleipnir Eirika if she's focus again and maybe a L'Arachel if I can get one. For now, the ones in my army that  have bladetomes are Gunnthra, Corrin, Nowi, Olwen. 

The competitive meta is currently shifting towards one-hit kills with Litrblade instead of two-hit kills, though, due to many tome users not having the defensive stats to take a counterattack and the general increase in units' Spd stats due to refinable weapons as well as more accessible buffs and debuffs for AI-controlled units slowly outpacing Litrblade users who don't have access to refines and were already making full use of buffs.

This happens to be why Sanaki and Lilina are currently ranked above Tharja, Katarina, and Morgan on the Gamepedia tier list and why I don't think Lilina will be getting a new weapon anytime soon. @Zeo

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The competitive meta is currently shifting towards one-hit kills with Litrblade instead of two-hit kills, though, due to many tome users not having the defensive stats to take a counterattack and the general increase in units' Spd stats due to refinable weapons as well as more accessible buffs and debuffs for AI-controlled units slowly outpacing Litrblade users who don't have access to refines and were already making full use of buffs.

This happens to be why Sanaki and Lilina are currently ranked above Tharja, Katarina, and Morgan on the Gamepedia tier list and why I don't think Lilina will be getting a new weapon anytime soon. @Zeo

Well, that's why I use bladetome users in emblem team and so far while they have the speed for it, the emblem buff is enough for a OHKO and infantries are no. like someone says that any unit with Res Tactic on C slot and Def Tactic in seal slot it could be fortify whatever and it's enough to save the bladetome wielder even with der/res bane. 

Every time I get 20000 feathers, I change what I'm going to do with it at the last second to something that sounds more fun. I guess that's proof positive I'm stuck in a sea of low priority decision making.

Regardless, I am now requesting entry into the Matthew Fan Club

58 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Every time I get 20000 feathers, I change what I'm going to do with it at the last second to something that sounds more fun. I guess that's proof positive I'm stuck in a sea of low priority decision making.

Regardless, I am now requesting entry into the Matthew Fan Club

Seems like you're already in the fanclub if he's capped HM already.

My level of jealousy is that of a transcendent nature. That's a +ATK/-HP Matt. The literal best nature. The best I've gotten is +SPD/-HP (Which is still pretty nice) but that's the dream right there. If I were the president of the club you'd definitely be in. Hope he serves you well. Really need to get around to updating that Matthew topic with new builds.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That seems like an eloquent version of "Units that can counter are killing blades in one hit and they're faster so fast blades are less good at doubling anyway." but I'm not really seeing it. Fast blade mages may not have access to refinery and the like but they do have supports and speed boosts which can push a lot of them up into the upper 40s and lower 50s which is plenty when you're trying to double just about anyone that's not the highest tier sword units or of course wary fighter armors.

I have a +ATK/-DEF (or HP) Lilina I could merge into my *5 one for 41 ATK, stack DB3 and toss on Swordbreaker and a Blade tome, but there are so many units she can't double and if she misses a kill by even 1 HP then she's failed at her job. On the other hand I've got a +SPD/-ATK Tharja who can double twice as many units and still secure the kill on the second hit despite an 11 MT difference in most cases. I understand the idea behind what you're saying but I simply can't see the reliability. Before refinement was a thing I was on the fence about making a Blade Tome Lilina purely on the principle that if she doesn't kill in that one hit she's done. And unlike fast mages she can't run Desperation (unless she's running the Desp/BA combo).

It's actually pretty strange that a +ATK/-SPD Delthea outperforms a +ATK/-DEF Lilina (Bolganne+ w/refine) now that I think about it, even if Delthea is considerably faster, 31 SPD is still pretty pitiful for a mage.

Edited by Zeo

@Humanoid I agree that Nino’s lines are somewhat old, specifically, the “Do my best line.”

@mampfoid Soren is an option. I think I have a few Soren’s waiting to be used. If not, then I will wait for a +spd Soren/Nino. Whichever comes first. Maybe Soren could even tank a Brave Lyn. 

And that leaves the last member of the core, the blue. This is hard, since I’ll need this member to be the tank for the team. I’ve already excluded Nowi since I hate her design and character in this game (I like her awakening personality more). That leaves it to be either Lukas, Effie, or F!Corrin. It’s gonna be hard to decide

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Seems like you're already in the fanclub if he's capped HM already.

My level of jealousy is that of a transcendent nature. That's a +ATK/-HP Matt. The literal best nature. The best I've gotten is +SPD/-HP (Which is still pretty nice) but that's the dream right there. If I were the president of the club you'd definitely be in. Hope he serves you well. Really need to get around to updating that Matthew topic with new builds.

I'm glad you approve of the nature choice. I plan to stick with his default weapon, but I figured the superboon in attack is too good to pass up regardless of role. As for the Hero Merit, he's just one of the units I grinded out from auto battling developer maps. Speaking of, I'm hoping for another batch of those soon. My stamina pot count is only climbing higher.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

This is hard, since I’ll need this member to be the tank for the team. I’ve already excluded Nowi since I hate her design and character in this game (I like her awakening personality more). That leaves it to be either Lukas, Effie, or F!Corrin. It’s gonna be hard to decide

What about Cordelia (not really a tank)  or Donnell? 

I found many scary F!Corrins in arena, too bad I don't like her art much (like Cordelias) and even less her dragon form. 

Oh @Rezzy! I think you'll like what I made here! :)

PSDuUXx.png

Though she unfortunately still lacks a C because I don't have anymore Jagens... Darn it. I wanted that Fortify Cav. I thought her Res would be a bit higher too, but I guess I got too used to seeing yours or something. xP

I just need to pull/upgrade a good Oscar and somehow pull Mist and I can run a Greil Mercs team sometime! (I don't like Soren, so he's out)

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh @Rezzy! I think you'll like what I made here! :)

PSDuUXx.png

Though she unfortunately still lacks a C because I don't have anymore Jagens... Darn it. I wanted that Fortify Cav. I thought her Res would be a bit higher too, but I guess I got too used to seeing yours or something. xP

Pretty nice, depending on your team makeup, you could also give her Hone Cavalry, if you have any extra Gunters lying around.  I hope she gets to be one of the Bonus Arena units again sometime.  I don't think she's been one since her launch banner, but I might be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Pretty nice, depending on your team makeup, you could also give her Hone Cavalry, if you have any extra Gunters lying around.  I hope she gets to be one of the Bonus Arena units again sometime.  I don't think she's been one since her launch banner, but I might be wrong.

Yeah, but I feel like Titania would benefit more from a Hone Cav boost herself, so she might want Fortify Cav more. I do have two Gunters though, just in case.

And I hope the same for Frederick, as he's never been a bonus unit period (not counting Summer Freddy, I mean just regular Freddy). I'm surprised. Over a year, and some units have never been bonus units in the arena. xP

Edited by Anacybele

What are the chances of the Master weapons being introduced in a Jugdral banner as evolved versions of Brave weapons? Finn's probably going to get Finn's Lance as a a unique Brave Lance or something, but I was wondering what they could do with the Master weapons. They could make them evolved Brave weapons allowing Brave weapons to be upgraded, but not to a degree that regular weapons could be. Probably not ideal and it could set up for refined Master weapons being even more powerful than refined Brave weapons.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What are the chances of the Master weapons being introduced in a Jugdral banner as evolved versions of Brave weapons? Finn's probably going to get Finn's Lance as a a unique Brave Lance or something, but I was wondering what they could do with the Master weapons. They could make them evolved Brave weapons allowing Brave weapons to be upgraded, but not to a degree that regular weapons could be. Probably not ideal and it could set up for refined Master weapons being even more powerful than refined Brave weapons.

I'm not sure if they'll be be making Brave Weapons refineable any time soon, apart from personal weapons.  It seems like making the non-Brave, non-Gem weapons refinable was to make wepaons other than those two viable options.  If anything, I'd expect Gem Weapons to be refinable before Braves.

@Rezzy I remember there being a banner with Titania on it. The cavalry banner with her, Olwen, and Eldigan. It was a long time ago so it makes sense you’d forget bout it.

@mampfoid I actually kinda like F!Corrin’s artwork. Anyways, I’ve narrowed down the options to F!Corrin, Cordelia, and Lukas. This’ll be tough to decide

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

@Rezzy I remember there being a banner with Titania on it. The cavalry banner with her, Olwen, and Eldigan. It was a long time ago so it makes sense you’d forget bout it.

@mampfoid I actually kinda like F!Corrin’s artwork. Anyways, I’ve narrowed down the options to F!Corrin, Cordelia, and Lukas. This’ll be tough to decide

I meant as a bonus unit for the Arena.  I think she was also in the Gem Weapon banner, if I remember correctly, but has never been a random Bonus unit.