Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Unrelated note Im somewhat surprised Dark greatsword and Gae Bolg is weirdly underpowered - effect amount wise, being one of few 1 effect weapon in new era whereas usually they had 2 effect slots

Dark Greatsword and Bright Naginata for that matter were introduced early on after book 2 was released and recently after the CYL1 units and Ayra and Sigurd where you could have argued it was special that they had two effects, so there's that. But then everything changed as Ayra heralded a new, grim era for the pre-book 2 units. As for Gae Bolg, I have no idea. Maybe they're saving a stronger version of Gaebolg for Altena or they thought that it targeting three out of four specific units in such a way was really powerful.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Her art is great, but I've never used her apart from her TTs. Not even in the monthly missions.

Hey man, free Bold Fighter armor shenanigans if you summon her and there's nothing wrong with bashing people in the head with a handbell. :p

For me, she was my only 5* axe armor for a while and my second axe armor because everyone else is freaking 5* locked and seasonal until Ephraim and regular Hector showed up. I also like Lissa, so there's bias. If I summon more of her, I'd rather merge her than use her for anything else because why not and the whole most of the new armors are coming with Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter, so it would only really be for the older armors or if I really want to make someone stupid like Amelia, M!Grima, or Zelgius.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Was Hayato that bad in Fates? I still haven't started the trilogy (?) and was going to start with Birthright. If he's that bad he could be the obvious demote this time? He's a guy so that already check's out.

I, being the one Hayato fan on here, will say he wasn't that bad as a unit when you get him but he gets outclassed later on (in Revelations, he can manage in Birthright).

Personality-wise, if you don't like Ricken, you won't like him.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm in the group that's a little confused about the choice of characters getting refines. Other characters, like Rebecca and Shanna, could have used the refine over Innes and Tana.

Again, they aren't in competition. New weapons are different from refines on old weapons.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm in the group that's a little confused about the choice of characters getting refines. Other characters, like Rebecca and Shanna, could have used the refine over Innes and Tana.

They're just getting the old weapons out of the way. However, IS should be pumping out more dew and refines.Getting around 4-7 a month is reasonable if they give us enough dew for 3 refines.

Let me take a look at how many units would need a refine or could at least get one. I'm not counting armor units and second gen BST units. Uhuh... Around sixty. Yeah, IS needs to start pumping out refines. If we get 3 new weapons as of late every 2 months then that's eighteen new weapons per year...

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Admittedly, I never use mine either. I suppose having a trio of Armads (and now Garm Ephraim as well) plus the one ranged green armor has a lot to do with that.

Yeah, I used OG Hector and M!Grima for the missions so far. The new monster of a L!Hector I've created solos 10th stratum maps without a sweat and killed abyssal Tiki for me (in one round on her defense tile): 

54 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hey man, free Bold Fighter armor shenanigans if you summon her and there's nothing wrong with bashing people in the head a handbell. :p

For me, she was my only 5* axe armor for a while and my second axe armor because everyone else is freaking 5* locked and seasonal until Ephraim and regular Hector showed up. I also like Lissa, so there's bias. If I summon more of her, I'd rather merge her than use her for anything else because why not and the whole most of the new armors are coming with Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter, so it would only really be for the older armors or if I really want to make someone stupid like Amelia, M!Grima, or Zelgius.

Forgot about the bell ... awwr, now I'm also bell-less. 

I ran around with a -ATK OG Hector for a long time, but already he was bonkers. 

WE!Lissa is just beautiful, I've promoted an OG copy for compensation. 

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I used OG Hector and M!Grima for the missions so far. The new monster of a L!Hector I've created solos 10th stratum maps without a sweat and killed abyssal Tiki for me (in one round on her defense tile): 

Oh right, throw M!Grima in there for me too. Though to be far to Lissa, I never use her Christmas bro either. I do enjoy seeing other units using his sack though (like Bartre and Libra).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh right, throw M!Grima in there for me too. Though to be far to Lissa, I never use her Christmas bro either. I do enjoy seeing other units using his sack though (like Bartre and Libra).

They should hand out seasonal weapons instead of golden accessories for Abyssal maps. 

@mampfoid You...sacrificed your only copy of W! Lissa?  She is an amazing mixed tank, the only problem you need to give her distant counter (like for every armor that doesn't have a DC weapon)....though she is really impressive just with Sturdy blow.  That art too, and she spreads christmas cheer!  I had a hard time foddering the extra W! Lissa I pulled, and only didn't merge cause Bold fighter is too desirable.  

I am very happy with these refines.  I have Tana who is on my main (sadly only) flier team and she is great.  I have Innes who is paired up with Katarina for owl mayhem.  I like his mage tankiness and good attack/speed.  I will definitely do both refines unless they suck.  Hoping Tana refine greatly increases mobility for herself and/or teammates and/or increases her tankiness.  For Innes maybe atk/spd/def/res boosted by number allies X 4.  

As for why they got refines as opposed to units that perform much more poorly.  Well usually they do 2 refines for 5 star exclusive units and 1 refine for a 3-4 star unit.  Sometimes it is 3 refines for all 5 star focus units.  I think the important thing they are trying to do is make it so the 5 star exclusive units have worthwhile PRF weapon and perform well in general.  You can't compare Tana or Innes to Frederick or Shanna or the peg sisters.  Looking at the 5 star pool with PRF weapons, Tana and Innes I think are up there with the worst ones.  Outperformed by generic weapons.  

Also units like Frederick, or Lon Qu like we are getting, are a completely different category.  They are giving a PRF weapon and refine to a unit that originally just had a generic weapon.  

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

You...sacrificed your only copy of W! Lissa?  She is an amazing mixed tank, the only problem you need to give her distant counter (like for every armor that doesn't have a DC weapon)....though she is really impressive just with Sturdy blow.  That art too, and she spreads christmas cheer!  I had a hard time foddering the extra W! Lissa I pulled, and only didn't merge cause Bold fighter is too desirable.  

Yeah, it was a hard decision. The only comparable sacrifice was my sole Summer Tana (to beat Corrin & Azuras BHB in one turn).

Lissa may be a great mixed tank, but Hector is now my best vengeful and bold fighter user. Killing Abyssal Tiki in one round was no small task. 

25 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

@mampfoid You...sacrificed your only copy of W! Lissa?  She is an amazing mixed tank, the only problem you need to give her distant counter (like for every armor that doesn't have a DC weapon)....though she is really impressive just with Sturdy blow.  That art too, and she spreads christmas cheer!  I had a hard time foddering the extra W! Lissa I pulled, and only didn't merge cause Bold fighter is too desirable.

Bridal Ninian would like to join your cause

Sheena is the only mixed tank green armor you need

Speaking of armors I think I'll be able to make Draug +7. Hmm. And since no Mathilda refine this month then I guess I'll give her chill spd.

Oh yeah. Since my phone battery replacement is kind of a bad idea, because the phone falls apart when opened, I'll get a new phone sometime within 50 hours

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh yeah. Since my phone battery replacement is kind of a bad idea, because the phone falls apart when opened, I'll get a new phone sometime within 50 hours

Usually replacement parts for mobile phones are as old as the original parts. Which means your new battery wouldn't be as new as expected. 

Good luck finding something that suits you. 

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Speaking of armors I think I'll be able to make Draug +7. Hmm

What for? He won't get more movement range with higher merges. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Usually replacement parts for mobile phones are as old as the original parts. Which means your new battery wouldn't be as new as expected. 

Good luck finding something that suits you. 

What for? He won't get more movement range with higher merges. 

Just that him along with Caeda and Eirika are the ones who I can give the most merges to. But I've already made Draug +5 is the thing. I think I'll finish giving him his merges and move onto Caeda

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I think I'll finish giving him his merges and move onto Caeda

You can't go wrong with Caeda. I hope you have better luck getting a +atk/-HP version of her, though. Seems like that nature is as rare as hens' teeth.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Just that him along with Caeda and Eirika are the ones who I can give the most merges to. But I've already made Draug +5 is the thing. I think I'll finish giving him his merges and move onto Caeda

You could +8 M!Marth, she is a good support with her healing abilities and emergency dragon kill switch. 

Caeda is handy with her armor effectiveness too. 

4 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

You can't go wrong with Caeda. I hope you have better luck getting a +atk/-HP version of her, though. Seems like that nature is as rare as hens' teeth.

That's true. 

I'm waiting for the final two copies of her to replace M!Marth in my Arena core. +ATK/-HP is also my choice. 

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

hmm. i wonder if the multiude of Caeda's i have has that boon/name. i
(I really should start training her up again. ). 

I'm almost to rank/tier 25 in Grand Conquest, but guess what? No more lances and i don't know if i will have enought in time to finish the rewards before it goes off. There's only one quest left to give me lances and it's Arena, who is closed.

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

This was a pleasant surprise to wake up to. Ragnarok last month, & Vidofnir this month...good thing I held on to 200 Dew.

I’m also interested to see what the Abyssal difficulties for the GHB rotation look like. I suspect some of my one-turns for those maps won’t work anymore, mostly the ones where the strat was “put Caeda in there and watch”.

I think I've got more than enough dew. I haven't really given out a lot of refines lately, so I've just been holding onto resources. I could probably give out four if I wanted to. I meant to give Nephenee hers when it came out, but I thought the weapon was good enough without the refine. And Cherche didn't necessarily need her refine either. I'm definitely giving Celica hers...I've just been lazy. Haha. But depending on how Tana and Innes look, I may go ahead and treat both of them.

45 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I'm almost to rank/tier 25 in Grand Conquest, but guess what? No more lances and i don't know if i will have enought in time to finish the rewards before it goes off. There's only one quest left to give me lances and it's Arena, who is closed.

ohh boo :( that's so sucky. 
really sorry to hear that. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, it was a hard decision. The only comparable sacrifice was my sole Summer Tana (to beat Corrin & Azuras BHB in one turn).

Lissa may be a great mixed tank, but Hector is now my best vengeful and bold fighter user. Killing Abyssal Tiki in one round was no small task. 

You...sacked your only summer Tana?  Unlike the many green armors she is one of only two red tome fliers, and many consider the better of the two.  Has amazing art as well.  She is a player phase monster which I thought was your cup of tea as well.  I was pity broken multiple times going for her and never ended up getting her, so it hurts to see she was thrown away.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Bridal Ninian would like to join your cause

Sheena is the only mixed tank green armor you need

Speaking of armors I think I'll be able to make Draug +7. Hmm. And since no Mathilda refine this month then I guess I'll give her chill spd.

Bridal Ninian is the unit I didn't know how much I liked until I got her.  Someone I've used a lot and one of the best utility units in the game.

I liked Sheena a lot in the Archanea games, she was an amazing mixed green tank I feel Lissa release kind of completely overshadowed her like Mia does to Athena.  Both Athena and Sheena are available at lower rarity so easier to merge, but that seems to be their only advantage.  Sheena really needs a PRF, I think she was a significant enough character in her own game to get one.

@Interdimensional Observer Ah, but the magic-nerfing effect on Snake Spirit (as well as the Mag/Skl decrease on Lightning and all other weapons with such an effect, such as Silver weapons) does not trigger the effect on Attack Stance. This leads to Orochi, who has high Attack and can get Certain Blow to fix any accuracy issues, having far stronger Attack Stance attacks than many other characters in BR, even when considering that the support allies Might is lowered in Attack Stance. In fact, there have been many times where Orochi basically kill-stole from the lead unit because I wasn't expecting Snake Spirit to hit one of its two times, leading to the lead only getting one attack in if they were expecting to make two.

This is BR and Rev to, where you can grind out the Weapon Ranks on units if you really want to (ESPECIALLY in the one chapter in the dragons stomach).

Now I MAY be slightly biased because the last time I played through BR, Orochi was exceptionally strong and easily maxed out her Tome rank as a Diviner, and usually managed to OHKO enemies even before she inherited skills from other My Castles. I think she was very close to maxing out her Magic before becoming an Onmyouji even. And with that powerful-Attack-Stance thing, she was easily an MVP among my units. Hayato... was a bit of the opposite, and his Speed never really got to be that amazing...

Enemy rarity... each generic enemy has set stats for each level for the sake of GHB and such, and those numbers get increased if they were already 5* Lv 40, but otherwise there isn't any visible way to know just how beefed they are specifically.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't really care to get flying Olivia, though... And I don't understand the appeal of Chill skills, really. So maybe merging is the best idea.

Fair enough on Olivia... I'd rather not remember how I DIDN'T want Olivia and got her the actual moment I thought that..

Chill skills are kinda weird, but Chill Def and Chill Res at least can soften up the unit on the enemy team who needs the nerfing the most without trying to rely on Ploy positioning (helpful for those of us who don't understand AI manipulation).

41 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

You...sacked your only summer Tana?  Unlike the many green armors she is one of only two red tome fliers, and many consider the better of the two.  Has amazing art as well. 

Aversa will come one day. I still don’t regret giving Celica Atk/Spd Push, even if it only lasted for a couple of months.

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I liked Sheena a lot in the Archanea games, she was an amazing mixed green tank I feel Lissa release kind of completely overshadowed her like Mia does to Athena. 

They have different stat spreads unlike Athena who got powercrept by CYL Celica, Leif, and Mia. Athena's 36/31/38/27/24 to CYL Celica's 38/33/39/29/24, Leif's 40/32/38/30/23, and Mia's 38/32/40/28/25 where not only do all of them have personal swords, but their personal swords also give them extra stats; Celica's always going to be faster with her borrowed Royal Sword, Leif's always going to have higher defense with his Light Brand, and Mia's always going to have higher attack with her Resolute Blade.

Moving on, Sheena has 45/30/25/36/33 to winter Lissa's 43/33/30/35/34. Winter Lissa is essentially a +Spd and +Atk, -HP Sheena where if you're going for scoring, +Spd, -HP Sheena does move up a bin. That's the right term, right? Anyway, if you don't care about scoring, then Sheena's usually going to end up being the slow, bulkier unit to Lissa's more balanced unit.

L!Ephraim cemented my hate towards Grand Conquest ;-; I was playing on the hardest difficulty and I unfortunately lost some units which wasn't a big deal until my new units spawn during the enemy phase. L!Ephraim was in range and decided to take out 2 of my units before I could use them thanks to Galeforce. He continued to do this for a few turns and plow through all of my units. It was funny and frustrating to watch.