Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

You...sacked your only summer Tana?  Unlike the many green armors she is one of only two red tome fliers, and many consider the better of the two.  Has amazing art as well.  She is a player phase monster which I thought was your cup of tea as well.  I was pity broken multiple times going for her and never ended up getting her, so it hurts to see she was thrown away.

I wouldn't say thrown away, she made my best healer better and let me do that one turn clear of a really hard map (hard to be cleared in one turn). Of course Elise was shortly after powercrept by Veronica, but I'm sure we'll get an even better regular red flyer as @Vaximillian mentioned. 

She wasn't that much better than my Nowi, since my copy of her was -ATK. I also got many red pity breakers on my way pulling her and I still would like to get her back eventually, but you gotta play the game and not sit on a heap of unused units. 

It was a very hard decision, since the only collection I have is of great Flyers and I also liked her kit and art. I think I'll compensate by giving her OG variant the refinement. 

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Blitzing through my crests for Grand Conquests reminded me about how obnoxious many of the units are and how I don't have an anti-blue armor unit. Clair obviously doesn't have WTA against blues and there's Cherche who I could switch to Slaying Hammer+, but that's pretty much it. I should probably build a Bartre and have him be able to one-shot blues and some greens.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Aversa will come one day.

I'm guessing late November in Farfetched 2, she was conspicuously absent from the last Awakening banner.  Maybe FH2 won't happen, at a certain point I will admit you'd be going pretty far down the list for a bunch of new characters, at which point the premise they're real popular, just not in, won't apply so well.  I think an FH2 is reasonable though, FH3? Not so much.

Saving Aversa for the banner would be a great way to drum up desire, a tome flier with assets from the ever-popular Awakening, give her a little power-creep, and you'd have a very safe pick for the banner that get the Orbs selling. Slap her on the banner with Kliff and either Owain or Haar, or break the "rules" of the banner and pick the next most popular not-in not-beast female from CYL2 for gender equality. Throw one of the men on the TT to complete things.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Now I MAY be slightly biased because the last time I played through BR, Orochi was exceptionally strong and easily maxed out her Tome rank as a Diviner, and usually managed to OHKO enemies even before she inherited skills from other My Castles. I think she was very close to maxing out her Magic before becoming an Onmyouji even. And with that powerful-Attack-Stance thing, she was easily an MVP among my units. Hayato... was a bit of the opposite, and his Speed never really got to be that amazing...

I'll admit Hayato is no Lewyn-esque Speed demon, but unlike Orochi, he can actually naturally double. Although your point about proper use of Attack Stance does hold some water, provided one can continually manage the positioning for Orochi. I've wanted to do well with her, I've used her in the past, but she never was that great for me.

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Blitzing through my crests for Grand Conquests reminded me about how obnoxious many of the units are and how I don't have an anti-blue armor unit. Clair obviously doesn't have WTA against blues and there's Cherche who I could switch to Slaying Hammer+, but that's pretty much it. I should probably build a Bartre and have him be able to one-shot blues and some greens.

Frederick's been a savior for me in that regard. Since he also comes with WoM, there's not much investment required to make him a mighty murder machine ideal for GC. He's like in the 10th or 11th slot on my brigade, so by that point, if Titania or Gunnthra are dead or too weak to take out those blue armors, he's always ready. With the Atk build I've given him, he has no problem taking out the green armors too.

I am doing that myself. I'm finding i don't have many Green Killers. Lewyn can hold his own - but magical, so he can also get killed. Kana, SF!Nino + Myrrh just aren't leveled up enough yet, and my Nino mage project - still in it's infancy (seriously need to figure out how to get 20,000 feathers x a bazillion for all the units i've got to move up to 5 rank. 

so I am building up Cherche and Freddy Bear. One in the air and one for calvary and I figure, eventually the ground will be taken care of. 

I was having fun training up my units, using the workout. I got the Black Knight to 40 and Hardin went from 11 to 37 (literally just sitting in a corner, and everyone zapping him and it's like ping ping ping). thanks to those who suggested using 2 dancers + a healer. Ethyln is really the only one who can take the hits right now, so for the Lunatic i just use Olivia until she dies, and H!Micicah to hold her own, and then whomever did its thing. Then I moved on to Eldigan, Freddy-Bear, and Chereche. 

Also played with some skills. 
I gave one of my Olivia's moonbow, and I think wings of mercy. I also have to find my other Palla (or Odin) and give Minerva that moonbow.
I also realised (looking at gamepress).  I spent a lot of time investing in the wrong archers. boo but i did like Rebecca and I was proud of myself for beating Clarisse so i figured it would have been worth it.

I'm hoping M!Kana comes soon. I'd like to add him to my Dragon!Emblem team.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Frederick's been a savior for me in that regard. Since he also comes with WoM, there's not much investment required to make him a mighty murder machine ideal for GC. He's like in the 10th or 11th slot on my brigade, so by that point, if Titania or Gunnthra are dead or too weak to take out those blue armors, he's always ready. With the Atk build I've given him, he has no problem taking out the green armors too.

My brigade starts out with a friend's Camilla and another friend's Titania for axe units who I just noticed have problems dealing with lance armors, especially Effies who keep their Wary Fighter 3 and CYL Hector, so I'd like to have an axe infantry just to even things out, especially for infantry week of rival domains. They're great as mage counters which is what my friends built them up as, but yeah. With fliers week, I could just use my Cherche who probably could get away with her own axe to tear through some armors.

Bartre's also been sitting around doing nothing in my barracks. I wanted to save copies of him just in case I really, really need Fury, but I'm at a point where I'd like to use other A passives unless Fury is specifically what I want on someone and 20k feathers doesn't seem all that worth it just to get Fury 3. Does not help that most other A passives are 5* locked. Now, if only I had a bunch of crap boon/bane Bartres because it's kind of hard to choose from +Atk, -Res, +Def, -Res, +Spd, -Res, and +Def, -Spd. Probably not going to go for -Spd since his and Ogma and Virion's resistance are so damn low that it's pointless to keep at neutral for any other boon and unlike Chrom, they aren't going to fight dragons on a regular basis.

I hope I get a lot of Bartres now. A bunch of Libras would be nice too. And cue stupid stuff happening where I end up with twenty Amelias or something.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll admit Hayato is no Lewyn-esque Speed demon, but unlike Orochi, he can actually naturally double. Although your point about proper use of Attack Stance does hold some water, provided one can continually manage the positioning for Orochi. I've wanted to do well with her, I've used her in the past, but she never was that great for me.

Hayato I at least did manage to fix up a little because I had him S rank with Orochi (Gotta love Rhajat as the daughter of a raw power mage), which did mean he had slightly better speed (in tandem with certain Scroll stat boosts like Horse Spirit and Bird Spirit) and MUCH better Magic thanks to Orochi as an Onmyouji just giving so much magic and also some Speed. But because of that Attack Stance Snake Spirit thing, he never really had many chances to actually fight.

I also found that keeping Orochi in a good position for Snake Spirit shenanigans was a lot easier than it sounds, simply ferrying her around the map with the units I knew wouldn't be seeing much action and even sometimes Dancing her instead of someone more logical.

To be honest, I used to think little of Orochi myself because of the low speed thing, but my last playthrough I realized I didn't have much going around in the way of Magic, so I caved and let Orochi get some kills. Twenty levels later, and I realized that there was a reason she had Snake Spirit in one of her Cipher cards.

Edited by Xenomata

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of green units;

Let me inherit Thunderhead on Cecilia, you COWARDS:
Screenshot_20181002-130543.png

i pray for the day they made the lord and savior Bladeraven Cecilia

and everything is good again

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

i pray for the day they made the lord and savior Bladeraven Cecilia

and everything is good again

Birbs with knives strapped to their wings? This is so metal.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Random thought: What if Armored Boots were not movement type restricted? 

That would make me very happy.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Go 4 Mov horses!

3 move Dancers/Singers can now keep up with their pony partners.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

As if there wasn’t enough cancer already.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

As if there wasn’t enough cancer already.

Well it is a player's tool, enemies only have seals in Arena/AA/GC/FB. 

/Also Abyssal maps ... a 4 mov ranged cav would be Abyssal even without 265 BST. 

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

That would make me very happy.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. 

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

3 move Dancers/Singers can now keep up with their pony partners.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn't think of refreshers, that would raise the defense win count. 

Edited by mampfoid

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't mind enemies that are easier to bait.

Enemy-phase superiority.

By the way, bait: 

Spoiler

It made me chuckle, even if it's not very deep. 

23 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I'd actually be disgusted by 4 move Brave Lyn or Reinhardt, and 3 move ranged fliers would be an absolute nightmare.

Like I wrote, that would be the consequences for arena. But it would make fun stuff possible in PvE content ... and help me with my One Turn clears. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Exactly ... and 3 mov Fliers and Infantry. All maps would play differently. 

Tormod should have this skill as, like, the Heroes version of Celerity. Could be a skill or an effect on a personal tome.

We have an army and an air force but Fire Emblem is distinctly lacking any sort of naval capability. IS need to implement swimming as a new move type.

You could turn any existing unit into an amphibious unit by equipping them with swim goggles.

Is it worthy to invest in both Caeda and Clair as arena projects? I’ve run out of copies of Niles (+7), Roy (+5) and Donnel (+4) and I don’t like to keep my feathers untouched (maybe it’s the main drawback of saving so many orbs, I need to waste something xD)

I have copies of Effie for making her +7 or +8, but I don’t really see myself playing armors that high, since all armor marchers are 5* exclusives and rarely on a banner. Also, the other armors that I can merge “high” would be Zephiel at +4 and Sheena at +3 (she’s at +2 thanks to old pity breakers), which isn’t anything better than my arena core.

Going back to Caeda, Clair or both, they could be part of a mixed movement team with tactic skills (if I ever summon a Legault), and bring support with ploys too. B!Ike (+10) is untouchable in my arena core, so no flier emblem option here. I have a +Spe/-Hp Caeda, haven’t checked Clair yet. Both have some 4* merges from before that they got their new weapons, so they’d cost me less than 20K feathers. 

What would you do? Upgrade them and add them to the +10 queue, just upgrade them or pass?

Edited by Javi Blizz

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Is it worthy to invest in both Caeda and Clair as arena projects?

That’s what I’m doing, actually, slowly incrementing the merge counter on these two gals:
Screenshot_20181002-173159.pngScreenshot_20181002-173206.png
I’m even thinking of giving Caeda Swift Sparrow because I’m not really going to use her as a DC EP mage counter. The C-slots are placeholders for both until I get Atk and Spd Tactics.