Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Javi Blizz My main reservation about the plan is that they're both a little samey and thus a little limiting to field together. Perhaps consider one or the other, and add a more offensive flier to replace the other? I can imagine situations now where neither Caeda or Clair would be able to initiate safely so I'd consider a Firesweep user in place of one perhaps. That comes with a small scoring penalty of course, unless you use a Shigure (who is harder to get merges for) who is one BST bin higher.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Javi Blizz My main reservation about the plan is that they're both a little samey and thus a little limiting to field together. Perhaps consider one or the other, and add a more offensive flier to replace the other? I can imagine situations now where neither Caeda or Clair would be able to initiate safely so I'd consider a Firesweep user in place of one perhaps. That comes with a small scoring penalty of course, unless you use a Shigure (who is harder to get merges for) who is one BST bin higher.

Thanks, I’ll take that into consideration too

Here I am wondering why this Rival Domains HM auto-farming strategy didn't work for me. Turns out I forgot my Cordelia had Summoner Support and an Earth blessing while farming with L!Tiki and L!Robin ... 

In the end I had to take off SS, switch out Tiki and Robin and let Cordelia get panicked (while buffed with DEF tactic) to take enough damage from Subaki to proc WoM2 on my dancer ... on Infernal. 

Edited by mampfoid
typo

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lore-wise, he was taught to run fast by a laguz, so it’s sort of laguz-related indeed.

Thanks! As far as I understood Laguz wouldn't be ranged units? So 3 mov wouldn't hurt on them. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! As far as I understood Laguz wouldn't be ranged units? So 3 mov wouldn't hurt on them. 

That said Tormod himself isn't laguz. He's a kid mage (well at least in PoR).

I do hope we get Radiant Dawn Tormod if he ever gets in though, I like him better design-wise and personality-wise when he's older. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That sounds ranged again. 

Well Tormod would be an infantry mage. Add 1 move and he will basically be a like a cav mage that isn't blocked by trees.

He isn't laguz himself but he fights for laguz rights and is an ally to them. 

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, the Beasts had a pretty cavalry-like movement, but without Canto. 

Celerity is Tormod's signature skill, that give him +2 move, basically it's like you gave him the Boots.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well Tormod would be an infantry mage. Add 1 move and he will basically be a like a cav mage that isn't blocked by trees.

Why wouldn't he be blocked by trees? Infantry gets slowed down by trees. 

9 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Yeah, the Beasts had a pretty cavalry-like movement, but without Canto. 

Celerity is Tormod's signature skill, that give him +2 move, basically it's like you gave him the Boots.

I think if it's an exclusive skill, it wouldn't change much. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why wouldn't he be blocked by trees? Infantry gets slowed down by trees. 

"Blocked" and "slowed" are two different things.

Even with 100 movement range, a cavalry unit cannot move through trees, and cavalry units cannot be moved onto trees using teleportation skills or Assist skills.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is precisely why a skill like this should not be added.

I don't see what's so gamebreaking about it. Specially if it follows other movement skills and make it HP dependent.

It's not like this isn't the game that introduced multiple teleport skills to tge series.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is precisely why a skill like this should not be added.

Obviously to balance the extra move you make Tormod an armoured unit

Well that or maybe remove Tormod's ability to double I guess, which could be detrimental if his Atk was below average.

@mampfoid Ah yeah I meant that he'd have the range of cavalry mages but unlike the cavalry mage, he can still pass through trees (although slowed down) while the horsies can't.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Obviously to balance the extra move you make Tormod an armoured unit

Well that or maybe remove Tormod's ability to double I guess, which could be detrimental if his Atk was below average.

I still se a personal infantry-Armored Boots deal more balanced. Maybe make him have Fire Boost so it's clear that Tormod shouldn't use Fury-like skills. And making Celerity be a B-skill may help too.

40 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I guess it'd be fine as a b slot skill as it's the most competitive slot, but 3 move max

It's a possibility.

Now watch IS guve him Escape Route and call it a day. 

If he's even added, he's from Tellius i mean.

Edit: don't mind me. I'm just bitter because i'm almost finishing Awakening and still find it super underwhelming even tho it was the game that saved the series. 

Edited by RexBolt

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s what I’m doing, actually, slowly incrementing the merge counter on these two gals:
Screenshot_20181002-173159.pngScreenshot_20181002-173206.png
I’m even thinking of giving Caeda Swift Sparrow because I’m not really going to use her as a DC EP mage counter. The C-slots are placeholders for both until I get Atk and Spd Tactics.

that looks awesome! :) 
(game isn't co-operating and not giving me a lot of Clairs. but that's my Caeda (or will be eventually) LOL

on a very happy note :) I promoted again in Arena! :) I'm Level 18! (claps)

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Going by his game of origin stats, which may or may not be relevant, Tormod from them would be likely to be low or average Atk.

PoR Tormod at 20/20 is 25 Mag, same as Calill and Ilyana, less than Soren (and Rhys- but who cares about his combat?), more than Bastian. RD Tormod at 20/20/20 is 32.6 Mag, with a cap of 38- shamefully low. Strangely, his Str growth is 55 to a 45 Mag in RD- he really wanted to be a Mage Knight/Fighter. 

Fortunately, he is fast, relatively speaking. Ties with Soren for fastest in PoR at 25 Spd, beating Calill by 1 point and Ilyana and Bastian a significant amounts of 4-5 points. RD cripples mage speed with a low cap, but Fire Archsage has the best at 32 (though Light Priestess is higher), and Tormod easily caps it. Rexflame is either his or Calill's claim, and it gives +3 Spd in both Tellius games, so that'd further let him double in FEH in all likelihood.

Tormod would also have, if going by his RD self and not the PoR one, relatively low Res, falling 5 points below the cap. Physical durability-wise, the PoR Sages are all but identical at 20/20. RD Tormod on the other hand caps Def and HP, so does Ilyana, but being a male, his HP and Def caps are slightly higher. 

I doubt Tormod would get Celerity as a personal skill, why give one to a forgettable nobody who isn't kewl or badass or va va voom or kawaii? -To speak of some superficial character likings.

If you want a character's origin game(s) stats for some reason, just ask and I'll check 'em!;):

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I swear this game keeps giving me minus attack units.  it's like. 
here, have your amazing units. but we'll make them minus attacks! muhauahuahauhaa. 

also this is weird. i have like 3.65 in my itunes account but the game won't let me purchase another 3 orbs. 

Edited by daisy jane

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I swear this game keeps giving me minus attack units.  it's like. 
here, have your amazing units. but we'll make them minus attacks! muhauahuahauhaa. . 

Imagine my delight (and subsequent disappointment) when I pulled a 5* Clair from the New Power banner, and (recently acquired) Katarina from the Swift Sparrow one.

A real "D'oh!" moment.

1 minute ago, Karimlan said:

Imagine my delight (and subsequent disappointment) when I pulled a 5* Clair from the New Power banner, and (recently acquired) Katarina from the Swift Sparrow one.

A real "D'oh!" moment.

lol i hear you. 
I got two legendary tikis. (I am so weak in regards to Miciah but i'll take the Liki ;) )
and both  are minus attacks. but i figure even minus attack, it's still gonna kill a lot. but recently. 

two bride tharjas. minus attack
Sword Ike. minus attack
PA!Azura. minus attack. 
PA! Shigure. minus attack

like. ca-mon. 
(SF!NIno was a happily great speedy attack machine. so i am happy). 

Hey guys, I felt like doing a FEH Stat Calculator in javascript, working with the rules from the gamepedia. It's very minimalistic yet, but I'll try to improve the looks later. Had a little issue with javascript precision on float numbers, but it seems to be working properly now.

Feel free to test it, and tell me if something is off. I recommend using it for custom character creation, I really missed that from the Unit Builder.

FE Heroes Stats Calculator

EDIT: I wonder how you create Gen 2 Askr trio.

Edited by Garlyle