Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

It looks like FEH forgot our anniversary.  I was expecting a romantic night out, or at least some flowers.  I guess I'll just have to passive aggressively periodically glance over to check for signs that FEH's aware of our important day, or they forgot altogether.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like FEH forgot our anniversary.  I was expecting a romantic night out, or at least some flowers.  I guess I'll just have to passive aggressively periodically glance over to check for signs that FEH's aware of our important day, or they forgot altogether.

The calendar does say there'll be some sort of celebration event starting tomorrow. Strange that they haven't given any advance notice of what, but it is what it is.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The calendar does say there'll be some sort of celebration event starting tomorrow. Strange that they haven't given any advance notice of what, but it is what it is.

If it's not "New and Exciting" enough to merit a FEH channel, I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.  I was honestly hoping to hear about another round of 3-4* demotions, since it's been about a year since our last batch.

This is especially bad, since we've only had like 5 or 6 new 4*s since then.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If it's not "New and Exciting" enough to merit a FEH channel, I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.  I was honestly hoping to hear about another round of 3-4* demotions, since it's been about a year since our last batch.

This is especially bad, since we've only had like 5 or 6 new 4*s since then.

It's probably something on the level of last anniversary, which people said wasn't enough for a Feh Channel.

The new 4-5*s since the mass demotion so far are Nanna, Shigure, Ares, Legault, Libra, Silvia, Silas, and Reyson. Also Kaze was added as a 3-4*, making the total 9.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It's probably something on the level of last anniversary, which people said wasn't enough for a Feh Channel.

The new 4-5*s since the mass demotion so far are Nanna, Shigure, Ares, Legault, Libra, Silvia, Silas, and Reyson. Also Kaze was added as a 3-4*, making the total 9.

You'd think the solution there would be to make a better FEH channel, rather than not have one and hope nobody notices.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Then expectations should be set to “low”. My guess is that it’ll be some orbs and currency and...probably that special banner from the datamine. 

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah. While I normally do not care for such things plus I am single anyways, I do feel a little unappreciated that Intelligent Systems did not even send me a lovey dovey "I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXO MUAH!!! ;P" note or something.

I thought about going out with Langrisser too for a date, but I love Heroes so much that I decided to remain faithful. Okay, this is lie. The only reason I have not tried it out is because my phone does not have enough memory and I do not want to uninstall Heroes and reinstall it again. I also satisfied my curiosity by watching YouTubers trying out Langrisser so it is almost like I tried it out myself too.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah. While I normally do not care for such things plus I am single anyways, I do feel a little unappreciated that Intelligent Systems did not even send me a lovey dovey "I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXO MUAH!!! ;P" note or something.

I thought about going out with Langrisser too for a date, but I love Heroes so much that I decided to remain faithful. Okay, this is lie. The only reason I have not tried it out is because my phone does not have enough memory and I do not want to uninstall Heroes and reinstall it again. I also satisfied my curiosity by watching YouTubers trying out Langrisser so it is almost like I tried it out myself too.

Do you think FEH will get jealous if I try playing Langrisser?  Maybe they'd throw some demotions out.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do you think FEH will get jealous if I try playing Langrisser?  Maybe they'd throw some demotions out.

I heard about Langrisser and went to download it but then I saw the reviews. Makes it sound a lot less appealing.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I heard about Langrisser and went to download it but then I saw the reviews. Makes it sound a lot less appealing.

When you start fooling around with another game, it's not really about the new game, but the old one.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Go for it! Based on what I have seen, Langrisser seems to be pretty good. While it does not seem to have a skill system as deep as our Skill Inheritance, players still have to equip their characters with weapons and armor. Oh, do not forget to equip TROOPS too! It is almost like playing an Advance Wars game!

Did I mention there is CLASS CHANGE as well? Yeah. It feels more Fire Emblem than Heroes.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

This is exactly why I didn't download Langrisser.  I don't have enough room on my phone with heroes and SMT Dx2, well I could barely fit it in, but that would lead to problems later.   Also I think the first week if you downloaded you got a free SSR unit (highest rarity) and the rates are really bad so this was a big deal. If one of those games dies or I decide to quit I'll jump in probably.  Also only so much of these type of gacha grinder games one can play. 

It does look great, good music too, classes and different troop types.  Big full maps like the main series as well, but you can't move the troops independently I think they just travel with the hero.  

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Go for it! Based on what I have seen, Langrisser seems to be pretty good. While it does not seem to have a skill system as deep as our Skill Inheritance, players still have to equip their characters with weapons and armor. Oh, do not forget to equip TROOPS too! It is almost like playing an Advance Wars game!

Did I mention there is CLASS CHANGE as well? Yeah. It feels more Fire Emblem than Heroes.

Hmm, granted I have the time, I may have to check in out this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Also I think the first week if you downloaded you got a free SSR unit (highest rarity) and the rates are really bad so this was a big deal.

I also hear their highest merge is +5 I think, so maybe that balances out? I have not done the math though, so it is possible getting a +10 in Heroes is still easier than getting a +5 in Langrisser.

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

If one of those games dies or I decide to quit I'll jump in probably.  Also only so much of these type of gacha grinder games one can play. 

Yeah, gacha games feels like it needs a lot of commitment. I think Heroes will be the first and last gacha game that I will play seriously.

11 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

It does look great, good music too, classes and different troop types.  Big full maps like the main series as well, but you can't move the troops independently I think they just travel with the hero.  

Yeah, I wish they allow you move troops independently (Better yet, make troops on the battlefield!), but having troops follow the main characters is good enough for me remind me of Advance Wars. It is like having COs on the field like in Days of Ruin, but you can have multiple COs.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Some Heroes YouTubers have Langrisser gameplay videos, so you can skim their videos if you want a rough idea of what it is like but do not want the hassle of downloading it.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've been trying Langrisser, and the clearest advantage it has over Heroes is co-op and actual pvp Arena. The core gameplay is more like the main series, but the customisation is less interesting and more of a grinder.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I also hear their highest merge is +5 I think, so maybe that balances out? I have not done the math though, so it is possible getting a +10 in Heroes is still easier than getting a +5 in Langrisser.

For most of the SSR characters, you can collect a couple of shards a day so that you can eventually max them out. Pulling an extra one gives you about a month's worth of shards, but isn't necessary.

39 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

For most of the SSR characters, you can collect a couple of shards a day so that you can eventually max them out. Pulling an extra one gives you about a month's worth of shards, but isn't necessary.

Oh wow. That seems very generous of them.

52 minutes ago, Aera said:

Does anyone have access to the 2nd Anniversary artworks as image forms?

Edit: Never mind, found them!

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/topics/index.html?id=detail-20190202-1

Amagaitaro's loli dragons look super cute.

Kaya8's A!Azura is pretty cute too.

I really like Lucina's smile from Yamada Kotaro.

Seeing Olwen and Reinhardt together feels heart warming. Cuboon also drew Olwen blushing I think, so it is nice to see another side of Olwen.

I think Okuma Yugo is hinting at flying armor units.

I also love Maeshina Shigeki's Fjorm and Laevatein. They look good together in modern outfits, and it is always nice to see Laevatein smile.

Mikuro's Elise is super cute too, and Camilla is pretty as always.

Enkyo Yuichiro's Nowi and Tiki are cute too, and I am really digging Tiki's slightly derpy face.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, gacha games feels like it needs a lot of commitment. I think Heroes will be the first and last gacha game that I will play seriously.

Yeah, I wish they allow you move troops independently (Better yet, make troops on the battlefield!), but having troops follow the main characters is good enough for me remind me of Advance Wars. It is like having COs on the field like in Days of Ruin, but you can have multiple COs.

Some Heroes YouTubers have Langrisser gameplay videos, so you can skim their videos if you want a rough idea of what it is like but do not want the hassle of downloading it.

Well for SSR the rate is 2% (for any one I believe this is focus and nonfocus), while the overall rate for Heroes is 6% (3% focus/3% non focus) also I don't know if pity rate increases happen in Langrisser either.  

Heroes is actually one of the best ones, in that most quests have an extended period of time to do them and in general not much grinding.  A lot of them I think are big time sinks, like you have to the dailies every day cause it is the main source of income, and there is so much to optimize characters and it takes forever.  

The troops still play a part in protecting the Hero's HP from what I understand and have a weapon strength/weakness system of their own.  In the main games though it is so cool each troop moves independently, and each commander has an aura, so if the  troop is in that aura (size of which dependent on level/class) then they get bonus stats (these differ by commander), if are outside aura they get no bonus stats and as a result are usually really weak.  So it is moving your commanders, using weapon weak/strength system, while moving the troops within the auras and conquering enemies and their squads.  It is really cool.

I have seen some reviews/videos.  Oh another thing about rarity.  Apparently the low rarity heroes are pretty much worthless.  That is a big difference from Heroes where there are some very strong low rarity heroes so even if one's luck is terrible they can still do well.  

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I have seen some reviews/videos.  Oh another thing about rarity.  Apparently the low rarity heroes are pretty much worthless.  That is a big difference from Heroes where there are some very strong low rarity heroes so even if one's luck is terrible they can still do well.  

The lower rarity heroes all have their niches, no? That's what I keep seeing been said

I deleted my account data. All my progress, all the money I spent, all gone. After taking a break for a month I decided to try to at least play the game with the recent anniversary going on. I was reminded of several issues the game had that made it not fun and was pushed away. I also think the game is being badly managed, but that's from my POV so maybe yours is different. Oh well. Whatever.

@XRay The reason why the game got negative reviews was bcs players missed out on the launch gift with a free SSR, but the time to receive the gift was extended and was given to all players regardless if you preregistered or not. There were a few other hiccups like the community manager, but it got sorted out nonetheless.

Edited by redlight

I keep fighting off the temptation to go back to the legendary banner to take another shot at Linde and Tiki. We might get the Valentine's Day banner a few hours before the legendary banner ends, and it might have a better deal on getting a dagger cavalry or blue dragon armor. Unlikely (especially dagger cavalry), but possible. Last Valentine's Day banner had both cavalry and armors, and we've been getting second and third versions of a lot of rare unit types lately, including Fae as the second green dragon armor.

Although I'm not sure it even really could be a better deal. Short of one of them being free, which seems very unlikely. Maybe I'll just go for it.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

Oh wow. That seems very generous of them.

Amagaitaro's loli dragons look super cute.

Kaya8's A!Azura is pretty cute too.

I really like Lucina's smile from Yamada Kotaro.

Seeing Olwen and Reinhardt together feels heart warming. Cuboon also drew Olwen blushing I think, so it is nice to see another side of Olwen.

I think Okuma Yugo is hinting at flying armor units.

I also love Maeshina Shigeki's Fjorm and Laevatein. They look good together in modern outfits, and it is always nice to see Laevatein smile.

Mikuro's Elise is super cute too, and Camilla is pretty as always.

Enkyo Yuichiro's Nowi and Tiki are cute too, and I am really digging Tiki's slightly derpy face.

Mikuro drawing Elise and her looking normal is the best gift from this Anniversary~ All of the art looks really nice~

I'm glad I didn't give Niles my spare Firesweep Bow now.

Also, the person who suggested I should give a Firesweep Sword to Seth must be pleased now. Just ... no TA refine, please. Seth is a tank.