Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Also, you double posted. Seemed strange when I saw two notifications.

That happens sometimes. Galeforce/Brave is a fun skill.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Average free orbs per month was 227 in 2017 and 313 in 2018. Now that we're in 2019, we got 405 free orbs in January and 334 in February. I think we're fine so far.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If I understand it that Sophia is sorta bad/outdated, then there is hope he and Raigh will get refines eventually. 

Oh, there's a reason I didn't complain about Sophia.

But I do think that Henry and Raigh, now that you mention him, should've definitely gotten refines before Nino, Tharja, Sonya, and Delthea. Those four are still plenty usable, even if outclassed nowadays, without refines because -blades are very strong tomes and Sonya and Delthea still have strong tome effects and good stats. Henry and Raigh were pretty much nigh unusable since launch.

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

hmm...argent bow for klein...Argent=Silver, so a Brave Bow with Silver mt?

That's essentially built-in DB3, so I can't say I'd complain. Would give +atk him 53 attack when initiating which is pretty solid.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, there's a reason I didn't complain about Sophia.

But I do think that Henry and Raigh, now that you mention him, should've definitely gotten refines before Nino, Tharja, Sonya, and Delthea. Those four are still plenty usable, even if outclassed nowadays, without refines because -blades are very strong tomes and Sonya and Delthea still have strong tome effects and good stats. Henry and Raigh were pretty much nigh unusable since launch.

In addition to popularity, there is the whole matter of making the weapons salvage them. The easier the unit is to salvage, the less they have to stretch the weapon effects to make them good, and the less they have to stretch, the less likely the are to end up with a weapon that's either underwhelming (people complain) or too powerful (throws off balance).

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

In addition to popularity, there is the whole matter of making the weapons salvage them. The easier the unit is to salvage, the less they have to stretch the weapon effects to make them good, and the less they have to stretch, the less likely the are to end up with a weapon that's either underwhelming (people complain) or too powerful (throws off balance).

Also, more powerful weapons become more acceptable later on, and the units with worse stat distributions are the ones that have more need of those.

(Also, Sonya and Delthea are still not comparable to the new prfs.)

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Average free orbs per month was 227 in 2017 and 313 in 2018. Now that we're in 2019, we got 405 free orbs in January and 334 in February. I think we're fine so far.

Compared to this time last year, we're down 32 orbs, but up 8 tickets and 2 random seasonals. That's a pretty good tradeoff IMO.

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Compared to this time last year, we're down 32 orbs, but up 8 tickets and 2 random seasonals. That's a pretty good tradeoff IMO.

Aside from the bold, I'll agree. Since 8 tickets is the equivalent of 40 orbs, we are slightly ahead even if we can't necessarily spend those tickets on whatever banner we'd like.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

(Also, Sonya and Delthea are still not comparable to the new prfs.)

Agreed there. I'm curious when they'll get to Shigure and Siegbert since, as far as I can recall, they're the last of the gen 1 weapons. Valter will also be interesting since he's got like a gen 1.5 weapon. Once they do get through everything, I wonder if they'll start revisiting some of the weaker gen 2 weapons or if they'll just continue making unique weapons for units who don't have them.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

It's not like Henry is unpopular, though. At least, he wasn't unpopular before FEH fucked him up stats-wise.

Besides, Henry would do well with a personal raven tome that had either distant defense or fierce stance/sturdy stance built-in. His main problem is his shitty attack, while his biggest selling point is his high defense, and his speed is so bad you're better off giving him QR and letting him double on retaliation. So if they give him a personal raven tome that gives either distant defense or fierce stance or sturdy stance as its personal effect, he's pretty good to go.

Every new game mode has brought on new orbs along with them so it feels silly to me to complain about IS removing a few of them.

They can't just give them like candy or it wouldn't work as a gacha game.

32 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Agreed there. I'm curious when they'll get to Shigure and Siegbert since, as far as I can recall, they're the last of the gen 1 weapons. Valter will also be interesting since he's got like a gen 1.5 weapon. Once they do get through everything, I wonder if they'll start revisiting some of the weaker gen 2 weapons or if they'll just continue making unique weapons for units who don't have them.

Do you mean Shiro?

Valter is a particularly big one right now, yeah. Aside from him, the remaining pre-CYL1 weapons without upgrades are just the DC ones, Dire Thunder, and Armads. Armads can be upgraded into Berserk Armads, but by now all the other weapons with that treatment also have their own non-transformative refinements: Durandal, Tyrfing, Excalibur, Aura, etc. So I think both Armads and Cursed Lance should be among the next on the list.

Past CYL1, some others that feel like they could use refinements include Valflame, Grimoire, and Naglfar.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Past CYL1, some others that feel like they could use refinements include Valflame, Grimoire, and Naglfar.

Has there been a seasonal unit yet that's received a refinement? They might not be doing them.

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Has there been a seasonal unit yet that's received a refinement? They might not be doing them.

There has not, and that's certainly a complication.

That said, Grimoire is striking for having its effect obsoleted by the refined Fujin Yumi's, which became available in the initial batch of refinements that launched with Book 2. In the final hours of Halloween Nowi's original banner, even. It's something that's been bugging me forever.

18 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The closest we've gotten was Candlelight+ being learnable via Refining Stones due to Candlelight+ being added during the Staff overhaul, long after many people had already taught Candlelight to their units.

I highly doubt they'll ever give seasonal units personals. Unlike units who didn't start with personals, their weapons are already drawn into their artwork, where a lot of personals stemmed from, so they'd have to either give them personals that look exactly like their normal weapon, or flat out ignore the originals.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's not like Henry is unpopular, though. At least, he wasn't unpopular before FEH fucked him up stats-wise.

Besides, Henry would do well with a personal raven tome that had either distant defense or fierce stance/sturdy stance built-in. His main problem is his shitty attack, while his biggest selling point is his high defense, and his speed is so bad you're better off giving him QR and letting him double on retaliation. So if they give him a personal raven tome that gives either distant defense or fierce stance or sturdy stance as its personal effect, he's pretty good to go.

Those would both make him exactly 0% more competitive. Raven tomes are already pretty passe unless you're talking counter-picking (AA, PvE), fierce stance would bring him all the way up to 29 neutral attack, AKA the same as Robin and still really mediocre, and DD doesn't help him kill anything. An owl tome would still be preferable since EP positioning isn't usually too terrible and that can give him +6 to every stat.

The difference is give Sophia an underwhelming weapon and she's still decent if outmatched. Give Henry an underwhelming weapon and he's still terrible.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you mean Shiro?

I did. I cannot seem to keep their names straight for the life of me.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Valter is a particularly big one right now, yeah. Aside from him, the remaining pre-CYL1 weapons without upgrades are just the DC ones, Dire Thunder, and Armads. Armads can be upgraded into Berserk Armads, but by now all the other weapons with that treatment also have their own non-transformative refinements: Durandal, Tyrfing, Excalibur, Aura, etc. So I think both Armads and Cursed Lance should be among the next on the list.

You forgot to mention Dire Thunder getting a refinement.

Forgot about Armads. Both would be pretty easy, too. Armads could just be the axe version of Maltet, and Cursed Lance could be the lance version of Mystletainn. Armads would still be pretty competitive with BA, but at least it'd be a nice option and give his omni-breaker a bit more leeway. Cursed Mystletainn would be a sick weapon name wouldn't be anything especially amazing, but Valter's statline isn't exactly terrible, just kinda MOR comparatively anymore. If  they wanted to make him a bit more optimized, they could go the Ragnarok route and redistribute the points. I certainly wouldn't complain about Valter having a 37/36 offensive line at the cost of 5 HP.

So far, the new prfs have gone to Book 1 units with inheritable, non-seasonal, non-staff weapons.

The remaining 61 characters that meet that criteria are: Abel, Barst, Cain, Draug, Gordin, Jagen, Sheena, Cecilia, Fae, Gwendolyn, Raigh, Hawkeye, Matthew, Cordelia, Donnel, Frederick, Gaius, Henry, Nowi, Olivia, Stahl, Sully, Virion, Arthur, Azura, Beruka, Corrin (Female), Effie, Gunter, Hana, Jakob, Kagero, Laslow, Peri, Saizo, Selena, Setsuna, Subaki, Narcian, Ursula, Rebecca, Ninian, Lukas, Faye, Boey, Mae, Athena, Katarina, Luke, Roderick, Legion, Clarisse, Tobin, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber, Berkut, Clive, Oscar, and Arden.

Some of those might be less likely to get prfs than others. For example, some already have very distinctive weapons, like Legion, Clarisse, and Berkut. Regardless, I think it's interesting to look at the full list.

Does anyone have a unit type(movement type/weapon/refresher/healer etc) that they usually pull for? Outside of favorites, I pull for Valor skills if my orb stash allows for it. Recently I've been debating if I should pull for all of the healers. Of all of the healers, I'm only missing LB!Mia from the seasonal pool and the rest I can pull whenever they comeback so it's not that much of a stretch if I want to commit to it.

52 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does anyone have a unit type(movement type/weapon/refresher/healer etc) that they usually pull for? 

Not exactly a unit type, but I like to invest my orbs in Heroes OCs and characters from older games that you couldn't ever use yourself.

The only one I'm missing is Mikoto and I'm currently just spending into colourless in the current banner in an attempt to get her as well.

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does anyone have a unit type(movement type/weapon/refresher/healer etc) that they usually pull for? Outside of favorites, I pull for Valor skills if my orb stash allows for it. Recently I've been debating if I should pull for all of the healers. Of all of the healers, I'm only missing LB!Mia from the seasonal pool and the rest I can pull whenever they comeback so it's not that much of a stretch if I want to commit to it.

Special Heroes, Valor units, Dancers/Singers, and colorless flying archers.

But now that I am limiting my spending, I am not really sure what I want anymore. Special Heroes were my biggest Orb drain. I really want Keaton for Beast Valor since that is the only Valor I am missing, but I do not have a lot of beasts at the moment, so I am willing to wait for him to pity break me. I already have all 20 Dancers/Singers, so I probably will stop going after them. I will most likely go after colorless flying archers, but I do not really need them either as I have a lot of nukes already.