Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I should know this, uh... Is that Tyrfing?

Liberation.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

(You can see her butt between the petals of the ravaged skirt. Bold of the artist, and I guess it was gotten away with.)

Butt is fine. Butt crack is not.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

As if IS needed any more indication that Engage demand is pretty high, the Engage banner is absolutely walking the revival poll with around double the votes of the second-placed Seidr-Ophelia banner. Tight in the elimination race, with CYL currently in the relegation spot, narrowly behind the Ganglot-Tiki banner.

I wouldn't mind another Alfred, but I'm content with my two Alears and have no interest in Chloe or Celine. Probably a skip for me.

Tangentially, I'm still on my slow crawl through Engage. Only one chapter last week, which was the one to get the dancer. I think I'm just missing two retainers and that's the main cast of the game acquired and I'd then be able to better judge who I most want in FEH.

Edited by Humanoid

Honestly as much as I'd love more Engage content, I wouldn't want it to become the next 3 Houses/Hopes where it feels like every other banner somehow has Engage on it, no matter how forced...

True. I personally am finding myself not caring much for the game anyway - certainly not the the extent where I'd go out of my way to summon Engage units for reasons other than pure utility (Alear for her excellent mobility for being an infantry, Alfred for his lance and canto). But then I kind of feel the same about most of the games: for more than half of them I'd say I'd be perfectly content if they never got a New Heroes banner again because there's no blood left to squeeze out of them. Basically I feel the game old enough that if any game got TMSed I wouldn't consider it a big deal anymore.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly as much as I'd love more Engage content, I wouldn't want it to become the next 3 Houses/Hopes where it feels like every other banner somehow has Engage on it, no matter how forced...

With the current rate IS is going with Engage, I don’t think this’ll become a problem for a long time.

After all, we still don’t have both Alears and we’re a little more than a month away from the CYL7 banner (and the BST creep that goes with it).

Edited by Tybrosion

I borrowed Engage from a friend and ... well, as a game I enjoy the gameplay far more than I did 3H. As for story and pacing, I have an entire word document that I am keeping notes on. So I'll let you decide for yourself what I think about it.

Regardless of how I feel about the game though, Engage should have more presence in Heroes. At the very least, they should've gotten two banners back-to-back, like how 3H did. And if not that, they should've at least had one more banner already. Or, failing that, they should've made more of an effort to get all of the four older royals and both Alears out in a timely manner. WHICH THEY ONCE AGAIN DIDN'T.

It's such a baffling decision. As far as I can tell, even the people least interested in Engage have still figured it would be natural for it to get a second banner in the first few months, especially with Alear M's absence so far. Who thought this was a good idea??

Number of Engage Units Added Since 01/17/23: 6
Number of Three Houses / Hopes Units Added Since 01/17/23: 12

Thanks IS, I hate it here. I'm now at the point of not caring to where I'm about to spend at least 200 orbs on Wednesday to attempt to get merges for a Prf-less 2018 seasonal (Summer Cordelia).

Edited by Tybrosion

I would like another Alfred, for another copy of Arcane Qiang. And I still don't have Chloé and Céline, so I will probably spark that banner (or quit it once I get Alfred).

And looks like Choose your Legends 6 is not doing well. That was kinda expected by me.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And looks like Choose your Legends 6 is not doing well. That was kinda expected by me.

I don't think anyone would expect otherwise. It's the only banner on the poll that doesn't include a limited unit, and every unit on the banner has already appeared on a banner at least two more times since their release banner.

Yeah, and from a selfish perspective there's really nothing else I want from CYL. Had good enough luck to naturally summon two of the units and thus grab the balance as freebies. This was decidedly not the case in the past, though granted mostly because I wasn't actively playing in 2021 and only grabbed the freebie back then. Even then I've managed to pick up the units I wanted in the year that followed, and I now have all CYL units except Marth and Alm, who I don't care about on account of their class.

Actually I don't even really make use of the most recent CYL batch, with the possible exception of Byleth who I have used in some CCs. That's mostly due to her pre-empt skill making her the best (and only) enemy phase flying unit I actively use, and I prefer using flying teams when facing unknown maps because it nullifies weird map features that may trip me up.

For the others, Seliph is cool, has to compete with Fallen Chrom and now Summer Shez though. I don't use Tiki because I no longer trust my judgement on enemy phase combat in general. I struggle to use Chrom correctly because it requires active thought on buffs. Perhaps I should though, because I don't really actively use any modern lance cavalry at the moment.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

I like how they had to make an extra announcement for the poll due to Twitter falling apart.

I wonder what platform they will move to next if Twitter keeps falling apart to the point people stop using it. I think Heroes have a Facebook page, but I do not think it is as big as their Twitter one. I guess there is always YouTube if they ever decide to let viewers post comments.

Easy to forget there wasn't even an official English Twitter account for quite a while and we had to rely on a fan-maintained one to translate the Japanese announcements.

In case you didn't see it (and you probably didn't what with Twitter imploding in on itself), we do have official confirmation that a Book IV TT+ story series will start with the next Tempest Trials+.

Let the "will they finally add base Freyr" speculation begin!

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

In case you didn't see it (and you probably didn't what with Twitter imploding in on itself), we do have official confirmation that a Book IV TT+ story series will start with the next Tempest Trials+.

did they have shadowed spoilers?

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hey, I've been speculating about the possibility of base Freyr in this TT arc for a full year now!

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I random thought I had these past days was that we will have Freyr as Mythic Hero this month. It should be a blue hero this banner since it's quite strong with Nerþuz and Gilliam, and OG Freyr is blue.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I random thought I had these past days was that we will have Freyr as Mythic Hero this month. It should be a blue hero this banner since it's quite strong with Nerþuz and Gilliam, and OG Freyr is blue.

That, or Freyr shows up as a Mythic on the New Heroes banner and then gets run on the Mythic Hero banner (like Heidr last month). Then, the third slot on blue goes to a different new Mythic Hero.

Though yeah either way, we’re likely getting at least one new blue Mythic Hero this month.

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, or Freyr shows up as a Mythic on the New Heroes banner and then gets run on the Mythic Hero banner (like Heidr last month). Then, the third slot on blue goes to a different new Mythic Hero.

Though yeah either way, we’re likely getting at least one new blue Mythic Hero this month.

I feel like if Freyr shows up in the New Heroes, he will be treated like Nifl and Múspell and be considered a normal hero... even though they are gods.

Feels worth mentioning that Freyr, a unit from Book 4 when we're in the middle of Book 7, doesn't have a weapon. We know he's a powerful and bulky but very slow unit, we kind of have a glimpse of what he can do with his Summer variant, but vanilla Freyr is completely weaponless and passiveless.

If he does finally appear, he's gonna be given the Gustav+ treatment of a powerful current-gen weapon AND an equally strong Prf skill. Maybe the wait will have been worth it?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I feel like if Freyr shows up in the New Heroes, he will be treated like Nifl and Múspell and be considered a normal hero... even though they are gods.

On the one hand, I'd say they kinda have to make Freyr a Mythic since his sister and aunt are.

But on the other hand, Thorr is a Mythic while Loki isn't due to the latter getting added early through the second (and last) Farfetched Heroes banner. Also, Eitri is inexplicably a Legendary instead of a Mythic.

Man, it seems likes IS throws darts to determine which OCs get to be Mythics or not.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

On the one hand, I'd say they kinda have to make Freyr a Mythic since his sister and aunt are.

But on the other hand, Thorr is a Mythic while Loki isn't due to the latter getting added early through the second (and last) Farfetched Heroes banner. Also, Eitri is inexplicably a Legendary instead of a Mythic.

Man, it seems likes IS throws darts to determine which OCs get to be Mythics or not.

Ótr being a Mythic is still one of my biggest questions in this game. The entire cast of Book 5, to be honest.

Reginn and Ótr are just normal people of their race, that use a mecha. By this logic, any person with the mecha can be a Mythic Hero? We can argue about Reginn being better as a Legendary Hero, since she is the princess.

Dagr and Nótt are just royalty of a race, and the race itself is not made of gods or something. Maybe Legendary Hero would be a better label for them as well?

Then we have Eitri, who is probably the one that could be a real candidate for Mythc Hero since she is treated as a sage.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ótr being a Mythic is still one of my biggest questions in this game. The entire cast of Book 5, to be honest.

Reginn and Ótr are just normal people of their race, that use a mecha. By this logic, any person with the mecha can be a Mythic Hero? We can argue about Reginn being better as a Legendary Hero, since she is the princess.

Dagr and Nótt are just royalty of a race, and the race itself is not made of gods or something. Maybe Legendary Hero would be a better label for them as well?

Then we have Eitri, who is probably the one that could be a real candidate for Mythc Hero since she is treated as a sage.

With respect to Ótr, IntSys seems to consistently give non-human FEH characters a free pass to Mythic eligibility.

That aside, I think the dvergar and jötnar are about as mythic as Elimine is. There's nothing inherently godlike about Elimine either - she and the other Divine Generals just wielded super-powerful weapons, kinda like the seiðjárn that the dvergar use. If Elimine is eligible under the "godlike power" criterion, Ótr and Reginn should be too.

The other thing is that eligibility to be a Mythic doesn't guarantee Mythic status. Nifl and Múspell are non-human FEH characters, and they aren't Mythic. Nemesis clearly qualifies, but he's not Mythic either. So Eitri qualifying for Mythic status doesn't mean she should be a Mythic (and she's a legendary figure from Niðavellir's history, so Legendary seems fair). And by the same token, Freyr is by no means guaranteed to be a Mythic just because he obviously qualifies to be one.