Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

With respect to Ótr, IntSys seems to consistently give non-human FEH characters a free pass to Mythic eligibility.

That aside, I think the dvergar and jötnar are about as mythic as Elimine is. There's nothing inherently godlike about Elimine either - she and the other Divine Generals just wielded super-powerful weapons, kinda like the seiðjárn that the dvergar use. If Elimine is eligible under the "godlike power" criterion, Ótr and Reginn should be too.

The other thing is that eligibility to be a Mythic doesn't guarantee Mythic status. Nifl and Múspell are non-human FEH characters, and they aren't Mythic. Nemesis clearly qualifies, but he's not Mythic either. So Eitri qualifying for Mythic status doesn't mean she should be a Mythic (and she's a legendary figure from Niðavellir's history, so Legendary seems fair). And by the same token, Freyr is by no means guaranteed to be a Mythic just because he obviously qualifies to be one.

Elimine and Ullr and her ilk are eligible under the "we're running out of mythics" clause. They should be legends by any narrative logic, as they're no more powerful than the protagonists in the main games. Hell the Elibe ones are literally called legends. Course they're running out of legend candidates too, but there's a lot more wriggle room there as legends are meant to be units in the game already while mythics are meant to be new units, meaning they can recycle dozens of characters as legends but have only a handful of units as mythics. Which isn't a bad thing, it's kind of great they're adding these backstory characters (though, as we all know, Ullr was a particularly bad choice given we haven't even got Brigid or Faval yet). Hope we get Anri some day.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Upcoming TT seals:

Reveal hidden contents

Spd/Res Ideal
Atk/Res Rein

Nice

I feel like they need to start releasing three seals at a time. There are still a lot of mid level skills that don't have seals (and some really low level skills, where's my defiant res seal? I know it's useless but I still want it!) and people who have been playing for a long time now have already upgraded pretty much every seal to max that isn't one of the squad assault seals.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I feel like they need to start releasing three seals at a time. There are still a lot of mid level skills that don't have seals (and some really low level skills, where's my defiant res seal? I know it's useless but I still want it!) and people who have been playing for a long time now have already upgraded pretty much every seal to max that isn't one of the squad assault seals.

Ideally yeah. But at least this month they didn't go backfilling missing but obsolete seals, and instead just went ahead with adding the new type. Hopefully that continues to be the case in the coming months, I'm not too fussed about the OCD aspect.

I've been waiting a long time for them to release Goad Fliers for my super Sword Shiida Support Squad team, but they've barely bothered to fill out even any of the Hone [insert movement type/dragon/beasts] since they released the first seal of that category way back when.

Last minute Resplendent predictions? She's not my first choice or a character I'm terribly concerned with getting, but I'm predicting Nephenee, because her voice actress has gotten work in Heroes for other characters and they HAVE to get back to Nephenee at some point, right? Right?!

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Last minute Resplendent predictions? She's not my first choice or a character I'm terribly concerned with getting, but I'm predicting Nephenee, because her voice actress has gotten work in Heroes for other characters and they HAVE to get back to Nephenee at some point, right? Right?!

Nah, Ilyana will somehow get a Resplendent first despite being a Book IV era unit.

As for my guess that is nearly guaranteed to be wrong, uh................Seth. They did have his JP voice actor also voice Bastian earlier this year.

Giving Lucius a Resplendent after releasing kid Lucius sure is a choice that was made.

Also, I can’t be the only one who doesn’t want to see another FE7 Resplendent for a long time. Why does FE7 continue to have more Resplendents than Archanea, Awakening and Fates?

Lucius's art isn't the flashiest around, but it's very pretty and doesn't really leave anything else to complain about.

His stats are fine. He has 39/37 offenses with his Resplendent stat boost and maximum Dragonflowers, but also a sizable 42 Res. This puts his offenses on par with Resplendent Serra and gives him the edge in Res again, and it also makes Lucius strictly better than Dwyer, who is now barely behind Lucius in every stat except Def.

Unfortunately, he competes with the recently released Saul, who has 41/45 offenses and is only 1 point shy of Lucius's Res at 41.

He also has to compete with two slightly less recent Grail units that have strong exclusive weapons. Young Lucius has a huge 46 Atk (and a weapon that grants 3 more) and 48 Res and has a guaranteed follow-up to make up for his middling Spd, and Cornelia has 47 Atk and 41 Res with a powerful support weapon.

Ultimately, staff units don't really need stats to do their jobs if they aren't combat oriented, but lacking an exclusive weapon makes him pretty much interchangeable with any other staff unit of his movement type. Other than favoritism, there isn't much of a reason to use him over Saul or an unmerged staff unit with an exclusive weapon.

I am sure people who like Lucius are happy that he is getting a Resplendent. I am a player that has a +10 Lucius and I used to have him in my Arena team in the early days.

But I am not excited or even happy with this Resplendent, because to me this is a wasted one. He has nothing to offer to me. I would prefer a Genny instead, that at least can give me Wrathful Staff 3.

I'm maybe slowly arriving at an epiphany that I don't actually care about Resplendents, which feel like they're rapidly becoming an obsolete mechanic. I mean, I guess they've never been particularly big in terms of keeping old units relevant, but I look at my barracks and of the four Resplendent-eligible units I even use, two I already own (Eliwood and Raven), one has been released (Aversa) and one is missing (Oscar).

I suppose the follow-up question then is if it's even worth gaming the FEH Pass system to get four lots of Resplendents anymore. Yeah there are the orbs and miscellaneous rewards too, but I'm starting to think it's better to just accept three lots of rewards and instead time it to maximise sparking access to seasonal and legendary/mythic banners.

EDIT: Went ahead and looked up the eligible list of potential Resplendents that I may be interested in. Besides Oscar, there's probably Ares, Walhart, CYL Veronica, Kinshi Hinoka ...y'know that probably it I think.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I'm maybe slowly arriving at an epiphany that I don't actually care about Resplendents, which feel like they're rapidly becoming an obsolete mechanic. I mean, I guess they've never been particularly big in terms of keeping old units relevant, but I look at my barracks and of the four Resplendent-eligible units I even use, two I already own (Eliwood and Raven), one has been released (Aversa) and one is missing (Oscar).

I suppose the follow-up question then is if it's even worth gaming the FEH Pass system to get four lots of Resplendents anymore. Yeah there are the orbs and miscellaneous rewards too, but I'm starting to think it's better to just accept three lots of rewards and instead time it to maximise sparking access to seasonal and legendary/mythic banners.

EDIT: Went ahead and looked up the eligible list of potential Resplendents that I may be interested in. Besides Oscar, there's probably Ares, Walhart, CYL Veronica, Kinshi Hinoka ...y'know that probably it I think.

I am starting to share this thought as well, especially if they still keeping only Book 1 and 2. It's cool to see some of these old units getting extra stats, but half of them have no salvation from being mediocre. Everytime I say "they should begin doing Book 3 resplendents already", people throw the "there are a lot of book 1 & 2 units to do before doing/going to Book 3" stones at me... because I will have a lot of value of getting Boey and Maria with some extra stats now. Even Saizo, a unit I used to have on my teams a lot... if he gets a Resplendent, I will be like "Cool... now go back to your bench with your extra stats"

The rest of FEH Pass has more value to me than the Resplendents. Having multiple Summoner Support slots, be able to spark in almost every banner, and the auto-start feature.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

So, it wasn't Nephenee getting a Resplendent this time, it was Lucius. Cool. And I mean that. Cool! I'm not sure this is the right themed outfit for him, but the art is still good and he's a favorite character of mine, so I'm happy to see him getting attention this year.

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I will have a lot of value of getting Boey and Maria with some extra stats now.

Why, yes, I WILL get a LOT of value out of Boey with some extra stats. He's been one of my most reliable FEdelgard killers for ages now. So, yes, there IS indeed a good number of Book I and II units that should get Resplendents before Book III units.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Why, yes, I WILL get a LOT of value out of Boey with some extra stats. He's been one of my most reliable FEdelgard killers for ages now. So, yes, there IS indeed a good number of Book I and II units that should get Resplendents before Book III units.

I am happy that he is your most reliable Fallen Edengard killer.

To me, it's been a while since I considered her a threat, since we get so many new units these days that can deal with her without much effort.

And yes, there are a decent amount of Book 1 & 2 units that could have some value. But we don't need to have every single Book 1 & 2 unit before starting with Book 3. I am not saying to begin and only having Book 3 from now on. Having one Book 3 unit getting resplentent to every 5-6 Resplendent wouldn't hurt, you know.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am starting to share this thought as well, especially if they still keeping only Book 1 and 2. It's cool to see some of these old units getting extra stats, but half of them have no salvation from being mediocre. Everytime I say "they should begin doing Book 3 resplendents already", people throw the "there are a lot of book 1 & 2 units to do before doing/going to Book 3" stones at me... because I will have a lot of value of getting Boey and Maria with some extra stats now. Even Saizo, a unit I used to have on my teams a lot... if he gets a Resplendent, I will be like "Cool... now go back to your bench with your extra stats"

Abel, Cain, and Catria from launch are still viable in Rokkr Sieges as budget options, and they are still capable of getting max score without much difficulty. Also from the launch pool, Cherche also has a high enough Atk stat to be legitimately viable with the newly released Brash Assault or a future Arcane axe with a guaranteed follow-up (the only axe fliers in the game with more Atk than a hypothetical Resplendent Cherche are Thorr, Ninja Cherche, and Ninja Laevatein).

We also have a decent number of units from Book 2 and even a few from late Book 1 that are reasonably viable due to having good enough stats and a good enough refine.

Legault, for example, already matches Legendary Yuri in stats and even has comparable damage reduction, but only falls behind due to his lack of the Slaying effect and exclusive skills. With a Resplendent outfit, he'd actually beat Yuri in raw stats. Obviously, most of them aren't quite this good, but there are enough that can match or at least get close enough to an unmerged recently released unit.

And then there's Boey, who is somehow still capable of holding back Fallen Edelgard on a budget and would love to have some more stats for a bigger buffer.

Even if they make half of their Resplendent picks actually viable for gameplay (which is more than they're currently doing), they still have enough units from Books 1 and 2 to probably last another year and a half before they actually need to seriously consider Book 3 units to be able to sell something of actual gameplay value.

I agree that they need to accelerate the release of units that are actually gameplay-viable, but I don't think they need to start working on Book 3 yet.

I'm more bothered by the fact that they've released zero new outfits this year for Nidavellir and Jotunheimr.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Abel, Cain, and Catria from launch are still viable in Rokkr Sieges as budget options, and they are still capable of getting max score without much difficulty.

Perfect! With the extra stats they will get from the resplendent, now I may reach 200k score in 3 turns instead of 4 turns.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Perfect! With the extra stats they will get from the resplendent, now I may reach 200k score in 3 turns instead of 4 turns.

It's actually the defensive stats that matter more for them since, you know, they can already get max score in 4 turns without too much trouble on a melee boss.

In the last couple Rokkr Sieges, there has usually been a boss (typically one that targets Res) that can do enough counterattack damage to force me to skip a unit's Galeforce action due to low HP. A boost in defenses would help, especially if they're going to be throwing more recent units at us (like how we got Duo Peony last time).

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's actually the defensive stats that matter more for them since, you know, they can already get max score in 4 turns without too much trouble on a melee boss.

In the last couple Rokkr Sieges, there has usually been a boss (typically one that targets Res) that can do enough counterattack damage to force me to skip a unit's Galeforce action due to low HP. A boost in defenses would help, especially if they're going to be throwing more recent units at us (like how we got Duo Peony last time).

I can see that, yeah.

I am actually glad that Silque's refinement helps a lot on that now. Granting Def/Res+6 during combat and healing 7 HP after combat to allies, not to mention that after attacking she inflict Atk/Spd-6 on foe on top of Guard.

Speaking of, it's been a long time since we had Rokkr Sieges... last one was in January. I know though datamine that two events are happening this month but Rokkr is not one of them.

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Speaking of, it's been a long time since we had Rokkr Sieges... last one was in January. I know though datamine that two events are happening this month but Rokkr is not one of them.

I suppose that’s just a testament to the fact that there are way too many events / game modes at this point.

For example, I couldn’t tell you (without looking it up) when the last Grand Conquests was.

49 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I suppose that’s just a testament to the fact that there are way too many events / game modes at this point.

For example, I couldn’t tell you (without looking it up) when the last Grand Conquests was.

According to the datamine (I know it's not a big deal, but I am putting it on spoilers just in case. lol):

Spoiler

We have Binding Worlds and Seer's Snare this month.

Being a new mode means getting its first returns to happen faster, and Binding Worlds being back this soon because it also sells an exclusive item for quite an expensive pack I guess.

Last Grand Conquest was in March 2023, with Annand, Erinys and Dithorba.

Last Frontline Phalanx was in December 2022, with Sirius, Julian, Merric and Minerva. (this one doesn't need to return, imo)

And no... I didn't know these dates from memory.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

You know, I would be completely fine if they decided to run two events a month. Like, we could have GC and Binding World every other month while RS and Seer's Snare are in the months between that. I'm okay with Frontline Phalanx not returning because that mode is silly.

I would prefer Grand Conquests go away forever (joining Relay Defense and Tap Battle) unless it receives a big overhaul. The effort-to-reward ratio is just incredibly out of whack compared to other game modes. They'd have to cut down the amount of battles required by like two-thirds to make it comparable to other modes - I would say fighting one GC map (or Rival Domains map) is pretty comparable to fighting three standard maps, which is the baseline for your typical game mode.

I group Frontline Phalanx with Lost Lore in that they're just click-button-collect-reward modes a.k.a. login bonus with extra steps, fine by me. And for a mode to bring back, Blessed Gardens maybe?

Bonus: bring back Camilla's Warriors map. 😉

Edited by Humanoid

I had to look up what Frontline Phalanx actually was.

I would be fine with dropping Frontline Phalanx, Lost Lore, Tap Battle, Grand Conquests, and Rokkr Sieges. I don't think any of them contribute anything particularly meaningful at this point.

Edited by Othin

Tap Battle is pretty much dead because it's been years since it got a new one, but IS is in denial of that since they keep doing reruns of that.

I hate Frontline Phalanx because it is 100% luck based. It's a horse race, where you pick a horse and pray it wins.

I don't mind Lost Lore since its an effective mode to get Arena Crests. I just don't think it should be limited. They should like... Move Lost Lore to Aether Resort and make it like a structure, where you send one group to search for items each day.

Grand Conquest can be tiring, for sure. Sinse some matches can take some time to finish. I wouldn't be against in reducing the amount of matches you need to do to get all rewards.

I actually like Rokkr Sieges. I don't mind that.

I feel like Mjolnir Strike should be part of the Coliseum and not the Events.