Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, r_n said:

As a pure non-battle skill, I don't think Valor is why Gray got into 5*. ARguably its the wind boost (Fire Boost is also 5* only. Waterboost is technically available on a 4* but its a GHB and only gets the last one on 5*s), since the worst boost (earth) is the only one ona  4* unit. At the very least I just can't see them valuing "thing that kind of helps with grinding for one specific weapon type" that much, you know?

I mean, the Experience skills were also introduced on a seasonal unit (Chrom), then was on a 5* exclusive unit (Faye) but now they seem fine with making them 4* (Mae, Athena)

I think it's because the devs realized Experience skills are actually bad. What takes the most time when building a new unit isn't getting them to level 40, it's grinding the SP necessary to learn their skills. Exp skills reduced the number of battle needed to get to level 40, meaning a unit that benefited from Sword experience will have less SP at level 40 than a unit who just leveled up without an EXP multiplier. Valor skills on the other hand are extremely good since they halve the time it takes to grind SP, which is the most tedious activity in this game.

And it'd be funny if they kept Gray 5* because of Wind Boost since boost skills are pretty lackluster. They're useless against high level PvE content like Chain Challenges, Infernal GHBs and TTs since the stat inflation on enemies mean they'll rarely get to activate. And in the arena, they could very well only take effect for one battle. Fire Boost could be a poor man's Death Blow on high HP brave units like Effie, Chrom and Cherche if it weren't for Death Blow being much more available. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, r_n said:

As a pure non-battle skill, I don't think Valor is why Gray got into 5*. ARguably its the wind boost (Fire Boost is also 5* only. Waterboost is technically available on a 4* but its a GHB and only gets the last one on 5*s), since the worst boost (earth) is the only one ona  4* unit. At the very least I just can't see them valuing "thing that kind of helps with grinding for one specific weapon type" that much, you know?

I mean, the Experience skills were also introduced on a seasonal unit (Chrom), then was on a 5* exclusive unit (Faye) but now they seem fine with making them 4* (Mae, Athena)

I think it's because the devs realized Experience skills are actually bad. What takes the most time when building a new unit isn't getting them to level 40, it's grinding the SP necessary to learn their skills. Exp skills reduced the number of battle needed to get to level 40, meaning a unit that benefited from Sword experience will have less SP at level 40 than a unit who just leveled up without an EXP multiplier. Valor skills on the other hand are extremely good since they halve the time it takes to grind SP, which is the most tedious activity in this game.

And it'd be funny if they kept Gray 5* because of Wind Boost since boost skills are pretty lackluster. They're useless against high level PvE content like Chain Challenges, Infernal GHBs and TTs since the stat inflation on enemies mean they'll rarely get to activate. And in the arena, they could very well only take effect for one battle. Fire Boost could be a poor man's Death Blow on high HP brave units like Effie, Chrom and Cherche if it weren't for Death Blow being much more available. 

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So I beat the Dauntless Crimeans Lunatic quests. I hate that reinforcements map. Strangely, using a non-flier emblem team was much easier than I thought it would be.

I beat 13-4 rather easily. Then again, mine was a Horse Emblem team of Xander, Reinhardt, Camus, and Lyn.

Most of these maps felt oddly easy compared to the past few new chapters. Barring the Black Knight map, but that one's still more stressful than difficult. The Lunatic Chain Challenge only took me one try (though I did use both teams), which is far, far less than the other newer Chain Challenges. The lack of any alternate objectives (again, barring Black Knight's) probably helps with that impression, though.

16 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So I beat the Dauntless Crimeans Lunatic quests. I hate that reinforcements map. Strangely, using a non-flier emblem team was much easier than I thought it would be.

Ready to try your hand at Ch 13's Lunatic Chain Challenge then? You'll get to see this:

Spoiler

M1xnmdw.jpg

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I beat 13-4 rather easily. Then again, mine was a Horse Emblem team of Xander, Reinhardt, Camus, and Lyn.

I'm pretty sure it was 13-3?

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ready to try your hand at Ch 13's Lunatic Chain Challenge then? You'll get to see this:

Hide contents

M1xnmdw.jpg

Maybe it's time I assemble Horse Emblem.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Never a bad idea. The team I had there in that screenshot got up to 13-5 before going down though not before taking Elincia and Ike with them and leaving Bruno with next to no HP. From there, it was an easy cleanup job for my combo of Nino and Klein with support from Eirika and Ninian.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

M1xnmdw.jpg

That is just bullshit.

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I'm pretty sure it was 13-3?

Indeed it was, I just mixed them up. I still beat the Black Knight chapter easily with my Horse Emblem team.

44 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Pretty refreshing to have a map with mostly physical units though, and not too many mages. I was training Oboro and Sheena when doing the normal version of the map, and they held their own.

Might be another story in more difficult modes though. At least I almost finished training them up! (Oboro is 1 merge away from being a faux-5 star)

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There’s a load of bullshit in that map, I agree. Wings of Mercy Black Knight is no fun.

I'm surprise it wasn't Escape Route, for lore reasons.

But yeah Hit and Run tactics with Wings of Mercy/Elincia's Flying Teleporting skill is kind of annoying throughout the chapter.

46 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

M1xnmdw.jpg

But he doesn't even take damage at all, so the HP is literally just for the intimidation factor 

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

M1xnmdw.jpg

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

But he doesn't even take damage at all, so the HP is literally just for the intimidation factor 

They could have given him 1HP, and it would have been the same.

I hadn't tried any of the Chain Challenges for a while, and I hadn't attempted Squad Assault 3 yet, so I decided why not? Admittedly, I had been pretty stuck on the Chain Challenges for a while but with Brave Roy and Brave Lyn, I feel like I just breeze through them. It's a little scary. For Lunatic, I just have Ch.11&12 (which I'm hardcore dreading) and the last parts of Paralogues 9&10 and Ch. 9&10. I'm guessing that once the devs release Ch. 14 we'll get the rest of that challenge. It's kind of nice that they didn't make us wait.

But then it's like...I have the rest of Normal and Hard to do. Actually...I think I did a little bit of normal when it first came out (to test the mode). But that's a LOT of stamina.

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For Lunatic, I just have Ch.11&12 (which I'm hardcore dreading)

USE A FLIER TEAM

My Flier Emblem team got to 12-2 before the time limit killed them. My horses plus Olivia took over until 12-5 (barely) and managed to kill off Sonya, so the main threat was gone. I used my TA team of Fae/Nowi, Linde, and Close Def Michalis to kill the rest~ They took no damage from Bruno, Mathilda, and the others

11/12 really sucks!

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

USE A FLIER TEAM

My Flier Emblem team got to 12-2 before the time limit killed them. My horses plus Olivia took over until 12-5 (barely) and managed to kill off Sonya, so the main threat was gone. I used my TA team of Fae/Nowi, Linde, and Close Def Michalis to kill the rest~ They took no damage from Bruno, Mathilda, and the others

11/12 really sucks!

Hm... Maybe I'll give that a shot. I'm not all that good at maneuvering my flier team. Who's on yours? I have Palla, Minerva, Cordelia/Tana, and Summer Corrin.

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hm... Maybe I'll give that a shot. I'm not all that good at maneuvering my flier team. Who's on yours? I have Palla, Minerva, Cordelia/Tana, and Summer Corrin.

11-3 is still kinda hard for me even with my flier team. I mostly just fly from one side of the mountain to another. My flier team was Catria, Palla, S. Corrin, S. Camilla. Summer Corrin can OHKO Celica in the first map with a Fortify buff and a Goad spur! I hope you have Desperation for the later maps :P

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

11-3 is still kinda hard for me even with my flier team. I mostly just fly from one side of the mountain to another. My flier team was Catria, Palla, S. Corrin, S. Camilla. Summer Corrin can OHKO Celica in the first map with a Fortify buff and a Goad spur! I hope you have Desperation for the later maps :P

I do! Desperation is a life saver on these maps. For the Tempest, I replaced Sacae's Blessing on my Lyn with Desperation. She and Roy took just a little damage at the beginning and basically cleared the rest of the maps without any damage whatsoever. It was fabulous.

I'll definitely give that a shot though. I think once I get back to 30 stamina, I'll probably try to finish out the paralogues maybe casually attempt to do the chapters later.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

11-3 is so random 

Like one run i manage to clear it ezpz then the other run it fucked me in the ass

Have i mentioned how much i HATE Gray? 

Like holy fuck i need to support right away to deal with that motherfucker now